Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+67
sheytanelkebir
kvs
Bidoul
Cucumber Khan
TheArmenian
whir
Project Canada
Kyo
Neutrality
soigneerin
Svyatoslavich
Giulio
auslander
Airbornewolf
Rodinazombie
Shadåw
Zivo
Monarchist
Heartbeer
Kimppis
zorobabel
Morpheus Eberhardt
mack8
Flyboy77
victor1985
As Sa'iqa
VARGR198
ultron
Hannibal Barca
HUNTER VZLA
NationalRus
Solncepek
d_taddei2
zg18
Dima
Werewolf
kap-the-head
mutantsushi
Khepesh
Akula971
George1
iraqidabab
higurashihougi
Vann7
magnumcromagnon
sepheronx
medo
PapaDragon
flamming_python
OminousSpudd
par far
Prince Darling
KoTeMoRe
ExBeobachter1987
GarryB
Cowboy's daughter
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Stealthflanker
Viktor
Book.
Fred333
JohninMK
max steel
jka
Walther von Oldenburg
AlfaT8
franco
71 posters

    Syrian Civil War: News #2

    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe


    Posts : 4213
    Points : 4230
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:21 am

    Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 CQQ6oQVWgAAlFir

    Another pic of Nusra fighter with M240.

    Actually that's a EP M240L, funny this is the newest version available to US troops.

    Yes, that one was delivered to Division 30 directly from US army storages, they got new weapons never used by US Army. Not used equipment as some first stated.

    Well they indeed got to US "soldiers" anyway. Arrow
    George1
    George1


    Posts : 17263
    Points : 17774
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  George1 Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:53 am

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 SYAAF%2BAFB%2BMAP-REV06

    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:01 pm



    This needs to be seen and shared.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:05 pm

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 CQUt3onUYAAMZOf
    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 CQUt3o2VAAAeaa8

    SyAAF airstrike on a rebel position in north Hama countryside.

    Source: https://twitter.com/sayed_ridha/status/649976171266834432
    sepheronx
    sepheronx


    Posts : 7085
    Points : 7351
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 32
    Location : Canada

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  sepheronx Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:07 pm

    Militarov wrote:

    This needs to be seen and shared.

    http://rusnews.net63.net/2015/10/02/video-syrian-refugees-in-turkey-state-that-there-are-no-freedom-fighters-and-syria-used-to-be-safe/

    I posted it on my website.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:33 pm

    sepheronx wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

    This needs to be seen and shared.

    http://rusnews.net63.net/2015/10/02/video-syrian-refugees-in-turkey-state-that-there-are-no-freedom-fighters-and-syria-used-to-be-safe/

    I posted it on my website.

    Nice!
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:41 pm

    Something nice in all this dark, death and pain:

    Mass wedding for 36 Syrian regime soldiers from NDF in Aleppo:

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 CQU2yYMVAAAgHjb
    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 CQU2ycqUYAAFqUB
    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 CQU2ylWUAAA4tmi

    Hope noone minds me posting this, its after all kinda connected with Syrian civil war, at least life there during it Very Happy

    Source: https://twitter.com/sayed_ridha/status/649985985372024832
    avatar
    Prince Darling


    Posts : 76
    Points : 79
    Join date : 2015-05-31

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Prince Darling Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:30 pm

    hahaha lol gay marriage legal in Syria now, because i dont see any women Laughing Laughing Laughing
    sepheronx
    sepheronx


    Posts : 7085
    Points : 7351
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 32
    Location : Canada

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  sepheronx Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:33 pm

    Prince Darling wrote:hahaha lol gay marriage legal in Syria now, because i dont see any women Laughing Laughing Laughing

    Don't know much about traditions of Syrians, but if they are anything like Indians and other such, they will have very large, separate parties for both men and woman. So this is like pre wedding. Can go on for days. In western countries we call them bachelor parties.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:34 pm

    Prince Darling wrote:hahaha lol gay marriage legal in Syria now, because i dont see any women Laughing Laughing Laughing

    I belive men and women celebrate separately.
    zg18
    zg18


    Posts : 891
    Points : 963
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  zg18 Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:44 pm

    ZvezdaTV crew embedded with Syrian army

    HUNTER VZLA
    HUNTER VZLA


    Posts : 414
    Points : 434
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Age : 33
    Location : Caracas,Venezuela

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  HUNTER VZLA Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:45 pm

    SyAAF MiG-23BN over Douma (Damascus), yesterday


    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:51 pm



    Graduation ceremony of new rebel-recruits of the 101st Infantry Division (FSA). I actually found this video sad lol.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:42 pm



    Rebels shelling Assad-forces at Morek.

    Again them and their improvised mortars.

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Image
    Solncepek
    Solncepek


    Posts : 277
    Points : 280
    Join date : 2015-08-27
    Location : USSR

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Solncepek Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:17 pm

    Obama: We Will Keep Backing Syrian Opposition
    Source: CNN

    By Jim Acosta and Eugene Scott CNN
    Published 10/03 2015 11:22AM
    Updated 10/03 2015 11:22AM

    WASHINGTON (CNN)

    President Barack Obama told his national security team this week that the U.S. will continue to support the Syrian opposition as Russia enters into the conflict, a senior administration official said Saturday.

    "President Obama was clear that we intend to continue our efforts to degrade and ultimately destroy ISIL in Syria and to keep supporting the moderate Syrian opposition," the official said.

    The White House had multiple national security meetings this week on Syria, the official added.

    But the official declined to comment on what steps are being taken to support the opposition, citing "operational security."
    Solncepek
    Solncepek


    Posts : 277
    Points : 280
    Join date : 2015-08-27
    Location : USSR

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Solncepek Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:37 pm

    A few interesting tweets:

    Abdurahman Harkoush ‏@Abduhark
    18 rebels were killed in Russian raids in Turkmen Mt in N. Latakia nearTurkey. Regime warplanes used to stay away from Turkey border

    Abdurahman Harkoush ‏@Abduhark 22 Std.Vor 22 Stunden
    1200 NDF members are also involved in the operation. NDF in Aleppo are led by the Iranian General Jawad based in Aleppo airport.

    Abdurahman Harkoush ‏@Abduhark 22 Std.Vor 22 Stunden
    Suheil al-Hassan in Safira southeast of Aleppo. He came with 10 tanks & 500 troops to take part in Kweiris battle

    agitpapa ‏@agitpapa 14 Std.Vor 14 Stunden
    Turkmen Mts & Mt. Al Dwela area bombed by RUAF full of Al Qaeda & Turkmen fascist bases: Rabia, Bdama, Darkoush, Salqin, Harem, Atmeh.++

    gitpapa hat Lyudmila #SaveYemen retweetet
    RUAF bombing Jabal Zawiya in Idlib. No Al Qaeda reinforcements for Jisr will come from here.

    Werewolf
    Werewolf


    Posts : 5280
    Points : 5477
    Join date : 2012-10-25

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Werewolf Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:44 pm

    Jesus christ, please stop with this American bullshit terminology "Assads Forces" if they are Assads Forces and Assad leaves his position as leader of Syria, will all soldiers be fired or kept as his personal body guards, guarding his house?

    The same bullshit as "freedom fighters" there, "Moderates" here, Pro-russian rebels over here, "oppressed Opposition" somehwere else.

    They are not Assad forces, otherwise Obamas regime forces are killing Assads non armed non moderates on the ground aka civilians.

    Either you people do not even know how such terms are used to manipulate peoples heads to believe in something and a specific narrative to create a prejudice against someone to destroy any future credibility for that party/fraction.

    Calling everything regime, while the empire itself calls only in high tones is a good indication of who is actually the bad guy, psychological warfare.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:45 pm

    Werewolf wrote:Jesus christ, please stop with this American bullshit terminology "Assads Forces" if they are Assads Forces and Assad leaves his position as leader of Syria, will all soldiers be fired or kept as his personal body guards, guarding his house?

    The same bullshit as "freedom fighters" there, "Moderates" here, Pro-russian rebels over here, "oppressed Opposition" somehwere else.

    They are not Assad forces, otherwise Obamas regime forces are killing Assads non armed non moderates on the ground aka civilians.

    Either you people do not even know how such terms are used to manipulate peoples heads to believe in something and a specific narrative to create a prejudice against someone to destroy any future credibility for that party/fraction.

    Calling everything regime, while the empire itself calls only in high tones is a good indication of who is actually the bad guy, psychological warfare.

    I copied exactly as it was posted on twitter, "Assad forces" is not my term Very Happy
    Viktor
    Viktor


    Posts : 5814
    Points : 6449
    Join date : 2009-08-26
    Age : 41
    Location : Croatia

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Viktor Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:39 am

    Would be nice to join in the fight thumbsup

    The China’s foreign minister Wang Yi commented the situation in Syria at a UN Security Council session on Thursday:

    “The world cannot afford to stand by and look on with folded arms, but must also not arbitrarily interfere.”

    http://southfront.org/russia-gains-iraqi-air-base-chinese-warplanes-to-join-russian-air-strikes-in-syria/
    Erk
    Erk


    Posts : 483
    Points : 494
    Join date : 2015-04-26

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Erk Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:41 am

    Viktor wrote:Would be nice to join in the fight  thumbsup

    The China’s foreign minister Wang Yi commented the situation in Syria at a UN Security Council session on Thursday:

    “The world cannot afford to stand by and look on with folded arms, but must also not arbitrarily interfere.”

    http://southfront.org/russia-gains-iraqi-air-base-chinese-warplanes-to-join-russian-air-strikes-in-syria/
    That's great news, they can start work on the terrorists over on the eastern side.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Guest Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:47 am

    Rebels seized 2 tanks in Tall al Ahmar battle:



    Source: https://twitter.com/markito0171/status/650420138685112320
    mack8
    mack8


    Posts : 954
    Points : 1008
    Join date : 2013-08-03

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  mack8 Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:54 am

    If only that will turn out to be true. Initial rumours were talking about a chinese deployment in 6 weeks (well, five weeks now). Some posters at chinese orientated forums agree that this will be a golden opportunity for China to gain experience and flex it's muscles. The american empire won't decay just by waiting and doing nothing, action is required. Together with Russia and Iran mess their entire ME nest of GCC puppet states, China can get all the oil it wants from Iraq, Iran, and from Syria they can get gas, if need be (not to mention Russia). China today has a more numerous and in general more modern air force compared to Russia (but the modernity gap is closing steadily) and a very competent UAV industry, surely they can easily deploy 50 aircraft like Russia did, if not more.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon


    Posts : 7342
    Points : 7491
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:03 am

    mack8 wrote:If only that will turn out to be true. Initial rumours were talking about a chinese deployment in 6 weeks (well, five weeks now). Some posters at chinese orientated forums agree that this will be a golden opportunity for China to gain experience and flex it's muscles. The american empire won't decay just by waiting and doing nothing, action is required. Together with Russia and Iran mess their entire ME nest of GCC puppet states, China can get all the oil it wants from Iraq, Iran, and from Syria they can get gas, if need be (not to mention Russia). China today has a more numerous and in general more modern air force compared to Russia (but the modernity gap is closing steadily) and a very competent UAV industry, surely they can easily deploy 50 aircraft like Russia did, if not more.

    I think Russia, China should cooperate with Rouhani and set up airfields in Iran, with common Su-30 logistics and equipment to carry out strikes in Iraq and eastern Syria. It's time to make a Salafi sandwich!!! Twisted Evil
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 9749
    Points : 9872
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  JohninMK Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:55 am

    This is a positive development, if it really gets legs it could leave only the foreigners fighting the Government.

    Over 450 Syrian militants and 250 criminals wanted by government have laid down their arms and return to peaceful life in the south-west of war-torn country.

    Roughly seven hundred armed militants and criminals surrendered themselves to the local authorities in the Syrian Daraa Governorate that is situated next to the border with Jordan in the last two days, national Syrian Arab News Agency Sana reported.

    Hundreds of militants and other law offenders decided to hand themselves over to authorities under the terms of a national reconciliation program. According to media reports, militants have surrendered their arms to law enforcement, including large numbers of machine guns, automatic weapons and sniper rifles.

    The brightest example of the reconciliation program’s success, which was started by the Syrian government, occurred in the city of Homs in the west of the country in 2014. Over 1,500 militants, who had seized the city center, yielded themselves to authorities that time.


    The program provides citizens with the opportunity to go through rehabilitation to start a peaceful life if they lay down their arms and stop fighting.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151003/1027981596.html#ixzz3nY3EhxCm
    zg18
    zg18


    Posts : 891
    Points : 963
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  zg18 Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:35 pm

    JohninMK wrote:This is a positive development, if it really gets legs it could leave only the foreigners fighting the Government.

    Some images:

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 CQdRf_3WIAAMak0

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 CQdRf_3WwAA8GrT

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 CQdRf6xWIAE_cla

    LifeNews with Syrian army


    Sponsored content


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:28 pm