Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+50
kvs
OminousSpudd
Akula971
whir
Bolt
Heartbeer
TheArmenian
Mike E
mack8
The Mule
Ispan
Boreas
kap-the-head
GarryB
Werewolf
higurashihougi
Monarchist
Nikander
medo
VladimirSahin
wilhelm
Cowboy's daughter
cheesfactory
max steel
Walther von Oldenburg
Regular
Godric
Rodinazombie
Firebird
gregoire
Morpheus Eberhardt
Vann7
KoTeMoRe
Prince Darling
Ghoster
Cyberspec
BKP
flamming_python
Karl Haushofer
JohninMK
sepheronx
auslander
2SPOOKY4U
PapaDragon
franco
Flagship Victory
Khepesh
ExBeobachter1987
Neutrality
Erk
54 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

Neutrality
    Neutrality

The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

Post  Neutrality Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:35 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:It is strongly rebutted that Givi and many of his men are wounded. But nobody is yet rebutting that "Somali" is disbanded as Strelkov has said. I mentioned a few days back that Motorola and all of "Sparta" have evacuated their barracks and not been seen for many days.
    Looks like the NAF are taking on the appearance of a 'normal' military where there are no 'hero brigades' in standard formations and the 'hero types' are concentrated in, as close to invisible as possible, special forces of various types.

Much better in many ways, for example it means there is no loss of moral when a 'hero' dies.

Sparta is on tactical exercises, check the video, Motorola is on it too:

Khepesh
    Khepesh

The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

Post  Khepesh Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:48 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:It is strongly rebutted that Givi and many of his men are wounded. But nobody is yet rebutting that "Somali" is disbanded as Strelkov has said. I mentioned a few days back that Motorola and all of "Sparta" have evacuated their barracks and not been seen for many days.
    Looks like the NAF are taking on the appearance of a 'normal' military where there are no 'hero brigades' in standard formations and the 'hero types' are concentrated in, as close to invisible as possible, special forces of various types.

Much better in many ways, for example it means there is no loss of moral when a 'hero' dies.
    Probably, but this is all very clumsily done, and that Zakharchenko is silent, even about his own wounded secretary, is un-neccessary and counter productive. He does not need to announce secret plans, but he does need to be visible and reassure the people. Silence in the face of the enemy can un-nerve them, but can also have a detrimental effect on your own population if they are not totaly convinced that all is, and will be well. It was not clever to have shit happen while Zakharchenko was in Moscow and Surkov in Donetsk.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:49 pm

At least 2,233 Maidan soldiers killed in Donbas so far.

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/at-least-2233-soldiers-killed-in-russias-war-against-ukraine-393671.html
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:54 pm

Flagship Victory wrote:At least 2,233 Maidan soldiers killed in Donbas so far.

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/at-least-2233-soldiers-killed-in-russias-war-against-ukraine-393671.html
    THis topic wa just discussed.

In short - multiply that number by 10 and you'll get a more probable estimate.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:02 pm

Neutrality wrote:

Video is about three or four weeks old. Still no official refutation about what Strelkov has said about "Somali". I will not believe it until Zakharchenko or Basurin says it is so, but I have to think why Strelkov would say such a thing if he did not believe it true. Would also be good if there was official word about the possible future status of Petrovsky, if only to stop the rumors which are bad for morale.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:05 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:

Video is about three or four weeks old. Still no official refutation about what Strelkov has said about "Somali". I will not believe it until Zakharchenko or Basurin says it is so, but I have to think why Strelkov would say such a thing if he did not believe it true. Would also be good if there was official word about the possible future status of Petrovsky, if only to stop the rumors which are bad for morale.

4 weeks old already? Sorry I had no idea. I thought News-Front's videos were fresh and in sync with the upload date. With all these rumours popping left and right I doubt Motorola and Givi would be silent about anything so serious IMHO.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Neutrality wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:

4 weeks old already? Sorry I had no idea. I thought News-Front's videos were fresh and in sync with the upload date. With all these rumours popping left and right I doubt Motorola and Givi would be silent about anything so serious IMHO.
    Well it's not a news item, simply a documentary. Nothing from "Somali" since Wednesday when they refute the rumor about Givi and at least 15 of his men being wounded.

I'll add this to this post. Zakharchenko finally appears in public, with Pushilin at MH17 site at Grabovo
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:30 pm

Evacuation of parts of western Donetsk continues. At beginning of week 500 were evacuated from Oktyabrsky in Kuibyshevsky district, today a further 29 and another 200 to follow.
    http://denyaleto.livejournal.com/60910.html
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:44 pm

What happens, IMO, is "games", all this various BS in Donetsk cannot be sustained for long as it will have bad effects on population and Kiev will simply yawn at all these antics. How long it can be sustained is any bodies guess, but many now guess at no more than three or four days. I still think not so soon, but I'm not sure the tensions can exist for as long as I thought and retract my ammended assesment of mid August to mid September and go back to late July early August, or next Monday dunno
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:53 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:

Well it's not a news item, simply a documentary. Nothing from "Somali" since Wednesday when they refute the rumor about Givi and at least 15 of his men being wounded.

I'll add this to this post. Zakharchenko finally appears in public, with Pushilin at MH17 site at Grabovo

Maybe we are overthinking this. It is anniversary of MH-17 so it will not be business as usual...
    whir

Post  whir Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:04 pm

Khepesh wrote:What happens, IMO, is "games", all this various BS in Donetsk cannot be sustained for long as it will have bad effects on population and Kiev will simply yawn at all these antics.
    In my opinion this discomposure is similar to the reinforcements saga from last summer where everyone talked something big but no one knew what really was happening in an atmosphere of gloom and doom.
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:23 pm

Flagship Victory wrote:At least 2,233 Maidan soldiers killed in Donbas so far.

2233 is OBVIOUSLY a made up number. The real figure is likely to be 15k, 20k whatever.

Also the chances of a it being a 2 repeated and a 3 repeated illustrate that its utterly made up.

I suspect there's also some symbolism going on. A 22 and a 33 must represent something.In much the same way as some disasters have the victims reported as 113 etc. (Kursk, Concorde and others had 113 reported at certain, but not all times).
    (Or the space shuttle was expected to, and DID crash on mission 113)

22 supposedly means this:-
    http://seventhlifepath.com/numerology/life-path-number-22/

Those following the 22 life path are "master teachers", whatever the fuck that means.

Apparently 33 means world balance and harmony of powers.
    http://veastrology.com/lifepath33.html

So I wonder what the hohol Obama gimps are saying... Hmm...
    par far

Post  par far Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:25 pm

Vann7 wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    whir wrote:The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 29 UJw1raV
    The same guy, first in July 2014 second in July 2015, aged a bit?

That sniper rifle is really lethal.. it have small range about ~600m, but can destroy anyone
    inside any building ,even if covering behind a wall with bullet proof vest.. will cut like
    knife in butter ,dismember anyone covering behind any concrete wall.

Definitively ,is one weapon that you will not want to see used against you..

It depends on what ammo they have, if they have all three bullets, then they can hit targets out to 1.5km, the guy even says it in the video.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:34 pm

whir wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:What happens, IMO, is "games", all this various BS in Donetsk cannot be sustained for long as it will have bad effects on population and Kiev will simply yawn at all these antics.
    In my opinion this discomposure is similar to the reinforcements saga from last summer where everyone talked something big but no one knew what really was happening in an atmosphere of gloom and doom.
    I was thinking of the situation we see in this old map. Mental defective ukrops supporters were screaming all day and every day about it is the end, yet the word was always "offensive soon", and even as one of the mental defectives was screaming in delight about ukrops selfie at Saur-Mogila, the "miracle" occured. I do not doubt in what will happen. I just had a glimpse at the new place for mental defectives, and they are still mental defectives in some fantasy land delirium
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 29 Ea7849778024
    whir

Post  whir Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:36 pm

Sputnik wrote:Poroshenko Announces Immediate Normandy Format Talks by Phone on Donbass
    EUROPE 15:52 17.07.2015(updated 16:17 17.07.2015)

Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said that Kiev “needs to pay maximum attention to the process of de-escalation in the east and coordinating the pro-Ukrainian coalition with its partners.”

KIEV (Sputnik) – Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has announced plans to hold immediate talks by telephone in the Normandy format over the situation in eastern Ukraine.

“I was just told that immediate talks in the Normandy format are planned by telephone,” Poroshenko said after a meeting with law enforcers in the Dnepropetrovsk region.

He added that Kiev “needs to pay maximum attention to the process of de-escalation in the east and coordinating the pro-Ukrainian coalition with its partners.” Continue reading.

TASS via Google Translate wrote:Путин обсудил с Совбезом соответствие поправок в конституцию Украины "минским соглашениям"
    Putin discussed with the Security Council relevant amendments to the Constitution of Ukraine "Minsk Agreement"
    Politics July 17, 14:11 UTC + 3

The deputies of the Ukrainian parliament voted on the eve of the direction of the draft amendments to the Constitutional Court

MOSCOW, July 17. / TASS /. Russian President Vladimir Putin and the permanent members of the Security Council exchanged views on the relevant amendments to the Constitution of Ukraine "Minsk agreements." He told reporters the press secretary of the president of Russia, Dmitry Peskov, the topic was raised at a meeting between Putin and the permanent members of the Security Council.

"During the meeting, along with the current issues of foreign policy and domestic socio-economic agenda, the sides exchanged views on the implementation of the" Minsk Agreement ", including for compliance with the Supreme Rada adopted the law on the eve of the provisions of these agreements," - he stressed. Continue reading.

RBC via Google Translate wrote:СБУ: решение о проведении АТО в Закарпатской обл. подготовлено
    SBU decision of conducting ATO in Transcarpathian region. Prepared
    Ukraine News > Politics 17/07/2015 - 15:50

The necessary means and forces are in the area

The decision to conduct anti-terrorist operation (ATO) in the Transcarpathian region prepared. This was the chief of staff of the antiterrorist center of the Security Service of Ukraine Gennady Kuznetsov said during a meeting of the Interim Commission of Inquiry Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine to investigate the circumstances of the conflict in the Transcarpathian region, the correspondent of RBC-Ukraine .

"At 16:30 on July 11 began a meeting of the Regional Coordination Unit of the Antiterrorist Center at the Security Service of Ukraine in the Transcarpathian region, which continues to the present. The decision to conduct anti-terrorist operation is prepared, all plans are consistent, the tools and the forces are in the area. However, the decision to hold anti-terror operation today accepted ", - he said.

Earlier, it was reported that in the Carpathian region. the worst performance of the plan of mobilization. Continue reading.

Sputnik wrote:Right Sector Admits Contact Lost With Fugitive Mukachevo Members
    EUROPE 14:01 17.07.2015(updated 14:31 17.07.2015)

The Ukrainian radical organization Right Sector has reportedly claimed that it cannot communicate with its members who are hiding from law enforcement officers in Mukachevo due to technical problems.

Technical glitches have prevented Ukraine's ultra-nationalist group Right Sector from keeping in touch with its members in Mukachevo, where a special operation is under way to track and detain them, according to the Ukrainian TV channel 112.ua.
    It quoted Right Sector spokesman Alexander Sachko as citing purely technical troubles related to mobile communication.

"It is a technical problem, because we cannot contact the guys [due to the failed mobile communication]. No mobile phone can work without recharging for such a long period of time," Sachko said.

According to 112.ua, a special operation is continuing on the outskirts of Mukachevo, and Ukrainian's military are on duty at checkpoints.

Correspondents have reported a new roadblock, where they said servicemen were checking cars and the documents of those who passed through this checkpoint. Continue reading.

Kateryna_Kruk wrote:‏[url=5 AM - 17 Jul 2015]@Kateryna_Kruk[/url] 5:27 AM - 17 Jul 2015
    RU opposition journalist&activist Maria #Haidar gives up her RU citizenship to join #Odesa team of  @SaakashviliM

Last edited by whir on Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:42 pm

Khepesh wrote:I was thinking of the situation we see in this old map. Mental defective ukrops supporters were screaming all day and every day about it is the end, yet the word was always "offensive soon", and even as one of the mental defectives was screaming in delight about ukrops selfie at Saur-Mogila, the "miracle" occured. I do not doubt in what will happen. I just had a glimpse at the new place for mental defectives, and they are still mental defectives in some fantasy land delirium

But why would another "miracle" happen?
    Last time it was necessary to break the near-encirclement of the Novorussian capital cities and force Kiev to some agreement.
    The current situation is quite different.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:49 pm

To be honest they don't need any "miracles" anymore, they are very well equipped and capable now. Just take a look at that video I posted in which Sparta is training. They look like regular Russian Spetsnaz now.
    whir

Post  whir Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:55 pm

ExBeobachter1987 wrote:But why would another "miracle" happen?
    Because you just don't raise an army just to demobilise it.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:36 pm

!! Kiev begins ATO in Transcarpathia cheers http://rusvesna.su/news/1436759961
    whir

Post  whir Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:43 pm

NTV via Google Translate wrote:Срочные переговоры по Украине в нормандском формате намечены на вечер пятницы
    Urgent talks on Ukraine in Normandy format scheduled for Friday evening
    17/07/2015, 17:08

Urgent talks in Normandy format to resolve the situation in the east of Ukraine will take place on Friday, July 17, the president of Ukraine Petr Poroshenko.

Peter Poroshenko: "Who said that urgent talks be held in Normandy format on a conference call."

In this Poroshenko said that Ukraine pays, and should pay "great attention to the process of de-escalation of the conflict in the east."

Peter Poroshenko: "We pay and should pay great attention to the process of de-escalation of the conflict in the east, and to coordinate our actions with our partners in the global coalition of pro-Ukrainian."

For information on upcoming negotiations was confirmed by the Foreign Ministry, noting that in the coming hours the leaders of "Norman Quartet" (Russia, France, Germany and Ukraine) will hold a conference call on the Ukrainian settlement. Continue reading.
    gregoire

Post  gregoire Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:43 pm

Khepesh wrote:!! Kiev begins ATO in Transcarpathia cheers http://rusvesna.su/news/1436759961

Well, at least they are consistent. There is consistency in craziness too you know.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:50 pm

Khepesh wrote:!! Kiev begins ATO in Transcarpathia cheers http://rusvesna.su/news/1436759961

Wut?

Against whom? confused Twisted Evil
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Are they going to bring in the artillery and grads? Would love to see that happening so the locals see how relentless their "leaders" are. This is far from the ATO that we are aware of ofcourse but it'd be a shocking irony to see anything close to the Eastern ATO as the soldiers in the Eastern ATO are mostly from Western oblasts.
    whir

Post  whir Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:08 pm

PapaDragon wrote:Against whom? confused
    For the moment against no one but is possible that Kiev is going to use force to monopolise the smuggling business the same way they've done in the East but given the discomfort the presence of armed troops is creating among the local population and their rejection to comply with Kiev's demands like new taxes and mobilisation this has potential to spiral out of control if blood reaches the streets.

Neutrality wrote:Are they going to bring in the artillery and grads? Would love to see that happening so the locals see how relentless their "leaders" are. This is far from the ATO that we are aware of of course but it'd be a shocking irony to see anything close to the Eastern ATO as the soldiers in the Eastern ATO are mostly from Western oblasts.
    Not yet but the sight of BMPs rolling west has been enough for many to create distrust against Kiev.
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:09 pm

Neutrality wrote:To be honest they don't need any "miracles" anymore, they are very well equipped and capable now. Just take a look at that video I posted in which Sparta is training. They look like regular Russian Spetsnaz now.

agreed Neutrality Sparta are well equipped and look very organised

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 pm