Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+51
TheArmenian
Khepesh
Erk
Ghoster
Cahaba
Vann7
Werewolf
KomissarBojanchev
auslander
onwiththewar
zepia
Viktor
BKP
mutantsushi
gregoire
Zivo
cracker
HeNeArKrXeRn_
VladimirSahin
jhelb
Mr.Comrade
Walther von Oldenburg
Akula971
Cowboy's daughter
Morpheus Eberhardt
Russian Patriot
etaepsilonk
max steel
par far
franco
Regular
Airbornewolf
Bolt
Pinto
Monarchist
Flagship Victory
Cyberspec
calripson
Big_Gazza
Godric
Karl Haushofer
magnumcromagnon
GarryB
2SPOOKY4U
mack8
kvs
PapaDragon
flamming_python
Rodinazombie
KoTeMoRe
sepheronx
55 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #14

whir

The Situation in the Ukraine. #14 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #14

Post  whir Sun May 31, 2015 1:14 am

Flagship Victory wrote:At this point,  it is clear that Ukraine plans to invade Transnistria. Keep an eye out for US movement. If US troops including PAC-3 air defense deploys to Odessa, then such an invasion would be imminent. The US would bet on Russia not interfering because Russia would not attack US air defense teams in Odessa.
    A meat shield, really? If Ukraine decides to repeat the 2008 scenario they're for a thought ride.

UAF have been touring S-300 units around Odessa for quite some time, they don't need more AD assets, they just need to be able to operate what they have even if it's old.
    2SPOOKY4U
    2SPOOKY4U

The Situation in the Ukraine. #14 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #14

Post  2SPOOKY4U Sun May 31, 2015 1:29 am

Monarchist wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:You people are completely insane

The majority of the economical elite of Russia (state company CEOs, oligarchs, governers/republic heads, top economic officials, etc...) are ethnic Russians.

Yeah sure there are plenty of minorities too; Alekperov, Vekselberg, Abramovich, Ilyumzhinov, Gref, Naibullina, Usmanov, Friedman, Agalarov, Rotenberg, Kerimov, Shaimiev, Pogosyan, Minnikhanov, Aven, Milner, Ismailov, Khan, Yakobshvilli, Dürr, Akhmedov, Makhmudov, Magomedov, Nisanov, Iliev, Karapetyan, Baysarov, Chagaev, etc... (not counting Ukrainians or Belarussians here, mind)

But they are more than outnumbered by Russians - Kiriyenko, Yakunin, Luzhkov/Baturina, Sechin, Chubais, Kudrin, Volozh, Grishin, Sobyanin, Savelyev, Potanin, Doronin, Prokhorov, Bogdanov, Deripaska, Filatov, Fedun, Matvienko, Chemezov, Timchenko, Mikhelson, Frolov, Abramov, Mikheev, Melnichenko, Narishkin, Lisin, Mordashov, Khristenko, Dmitriev, Fyodorov, Kogogin, Muravyov, Galitsky, Guryev, Isaikin, Komarov, Trotsenko, Obnosov, Plastinin, Rakhmanov, Rybolovlev, etc...
    Albeit a great many of these ethnic Russians are actually from ex-Soviet republics.

Russia is a very multi-ethnic country; and to boot - many of its current oligarchs and elite were actually from not from Russia, but other Soviet republics who came to Russia in the 90s to make their fortunes and power as their own countries were dirt-poor and had no prospects; thus among the elite you'll find even more diversity than you'd expect otherwise.

That goes for the Jews too, not all of them are actually from Russia either but all of them are counted as Jews, therefore making it appear that there are more Russian Jews in the Russian elite than there actually are.
    Friedman, Khan & Vekselberg are all from the Ukraine, Yakobshvilli is from Georgia, Ismailov & Nisanov are from Azerbaijan and so on.
    Yes, I'm insane and most likely I will be labeled a racist, nazi or whatever suits people.
    50% of russian oligarchs are jewish yet the make up 0,3 % of the population in Russia today. http://www.jpost.com/Jewish-World/Jewish-Features/At-Putins-side-an-army-of-Jewish-billionaires
    "have made much of the fact that of the seven oligarchs who controlled 50% of Russia's economy during the 1990s, six were Jewish: Berezovsky, Vladimir Guzinsky, Alexander Smolensky, Mikhail Khodorkovsky, Mikhail Friedman and Valery Malkin."

"Like most Russian oligarchs, Vekselberg is of Jewish origin - he has a Jewish father, though he doesn't regard himself as Jewish."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/jul/02/russia.lukeharding1

Chubais is not russian and a russophobe, I'm not going to bother posting his comments on Dostoevsky and russians in general.
    Russia is a country where russians make up over 80% of the population, they are the absolute majority, the second highest ethnicity are tatars that make up 3,7% of the population! So about Russia being multi ethnic yes of course because it supresses russians in their own homeland while ethnic russians in bordering countries are being treated as third class citizens. But also inside Russia.
    Just have a look at how "well" represented russians are being in the Tatarstan government.
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #14 - Page 35 14327710
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sun May 31, 2015 1:57 am

2SPOOKY4U wrote:
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #14 - Page 35 14327710

Good god man, that's horrible.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sun May 31, 2015 2:20 am

whir wrote:
    Flagship Victory wrote:At this point,  it is clear that Ukraine plans to invade Transnistria. Keep an eye out for US movement. If US troops including PAC-3 air defense deploys to Odessa, then such an invasion would be imminent. The US would bet on Russia not interfering because Russia would not attack US air defense teams in Odessa.
    A meat shield, really? If Ukraine decides to repeat the 2008 scenario they're for a thought ride.

UAF have been touring S-300 units around Odessa for quite some time, they don't need more AD assets, they just need to be able to operate what they have even if it's old.

US troops are already deployed in Ukraine. If US air defense batteries deploy to Odessa, then they can deter Russian jets based in Sevastopol from launching air strikes on Ukrainian troops in Odessa. The US thinking is that, Russia would not get involved if Ukraine invades Transnistria because by doing so Russian jets would have to target US PAC-3 batteries in Odessa and that would mean a shooting war between Russia and the US. The US thinks that Russia would not go to war with the US and therefore Ukraine would be able to invade Transnistria without having to fight Russian forces other than the 1,000 or so Russian troops in Transnistria.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun May 31, 2015 2:42 am

Zivo wrote:Good god man, that's horrible.

So why did you quote it? Mad
    2SPOOKY4U
    2SPOOKY4U

Post  2SPOOKY4U Sun May 31, 2015 2:44 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Zivo wrote:Good god man, that's horrible.

So why did you quote it? Mad

I only use that one when I really want to give someone epilepsy.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun May 31, 2015 4:16 am

Just have a look at how "well" represented russians are being in the Tatarstan government.

They do have their own ethnic mafias in various republics; due to the 90s when everyone was grabbing what they can, various families and clans found themselves into power.
    But in Tatarstan you have no repressions of Russians whatsoever, so why should it be any concern of mine? The government there at the very least is doing a good job developing the region.

That is correct.  Whenever I hear of Tatarstan, one only has to look at the news and you will see it really is quite peaceful and developed region.  Almost half of the population of Tatarstan is Russian and Kazan, the capital of it, have more Russians than Tatars.  So surrounding villages and towns will have a higher tatar population.  Then there is of course the interracial marriages or crossmixing between them so there are plenty of mixed groups as well.

It is also one of the most peaceful regions of coexistance between Muslims and Christians.  Heck, I heard of people seeing imams and priests playing chest in the local parks.  There is always some sort of meeting between the two groups as well in Kazan.

Tatarstans economy is also good too and with such special treatment in Russia, they also are one of the regions that produces the most amount of conscripts from what I have heard for military service.

I say Tatarstan is one of Russia's better regions.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun May 31, 2015 9:44 am

The Donbass people made a mistake of aligning themselves with Russia, since Russia is so hated in the West and Russia is too weak to help them in any way.

Yes... those ungrateful bastards... imagine them opposing a perfectly democratic coup by a bunch of nazis and idiots... after everything the US and the EU have done for them...

Oops hang on... who is responsible for shelling these people... when you say Putin I will know you are obviously full of western you know what...

People of Donbass are in every aspect Russians. They have nothing to do with Ukrainians from Galicia since centuries - eastern and southeastern Ukraine are former Crimean Tatar territories colonized by Russian settlers in 18th century while Western Ukraine was a part of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth first and then a part of Austria and was linguistically distinct from the rest of East Slavs since 15-16th century.

So a bit like Albanians not identifying with Serbs... I am sure NATO will come and save them... remember serbian attrocities in Kosovo demanded NATO action to save the KLA terrorists from those evil serbs bent on keeping the peace and upholding the law... like all evil regimes do.

I suspect NATO will turn up at any moment and save them and create a special case new independent country thing like they did before... it is a unique case again... all cases are of course unique... but lets on let logic get in the way.

You say that Russia is not weak, but yet you say that Russia cannot help Donbass people due to outside pressure (diplomatic consequences). This makes Russia weak imo.

Hahahaha... so the all powerful OZ... ie the US was powerless to help Suck arse Milli Vanili when Georgia invaded South Ossetia... so name one strong country then...

If Russia was actually weak the US wouldn't want the Ukraine in NATO in the first place...

The way I see it this war will not end in years. It will be a low level war with the Kiev junta shelling Novorossiya and Novorossiya - due to diplomatic reasons - not being able to counter. The Kiev junta will make occasional pushes (that will likely be repelled by the NAF) but the NAF will not be allowed to defeat Kiev militarily because the diplomatic costs would be too great for Russia.

But that is the point... with the current economic situation in the Ukraine the nazis don't have years... the EU is not a bottomless pit of money and nor is the US and pretty soon the nazis in the Ukraine will be dropped because it is taking too long and they will be at the whim of the general population... and I hope they rip them a new one.

The US is already reaching out to Russia with Kerrys visit... just watch the language change...

So we are stuck here with Kiev shelling Novorossiyans cities and villages daily. This will carry on for years until the whole region is ruined and depopulated. Who would want to live there anyway?

To be honest it didn't have much of a future anyway considering who was or could be in charge... if I could speak Russian and I lived there I would move to Russia and take as much of my family with me as I could and let them fight over the scraps.

I feel sorry for the very old and the underclass... ie the handicapped and orphans who don't get to make such choices for themselves...

There are two clans inside the Kremlin. The nationalists/patriots and the pro-Western oligarchs. Putin is somewhere in the middle. The nationalists would like to help and free Novorossiya, but the pro-Western/oligarchic clan is preventing this because they would lose their money and property in the West. So far Russia has not been able to decisively back Novorossiya because of this.

I would say Putin would invade in a heartbeat to save those people if he thought he could. He knows he can't... the real world isn't that clear cut and black and white.

Using the military will only make things worse... the Ukrainians have to sort this out themselves...

BTW, I have many times wondered why the ethnic Russians are minority in the economic elite of Russia? It seems that most of them are Jews, Azeris, Armenians, Tatars or some other ethnic minotiries.

I think you will find that despite their ethnicity they are Russian... that would be a requirement of serving in office.

Not that it really matters in any case; I suppose to you I'd be a traitor and a Jew but clearly you have a lot to learn about Russia and just what it is that gives this country its resilience and unity.

Take two Irishmen... one catholic and one protestant... and in Ireland they will fight and likely kill... put them anywhere else and religion wont be a problem.

The US thinks that Russia would not go to war with the US and therefore Ukraine would be able to invade Transnistria without having to fight Russian forces other than the 1,000 or so Russian troops in Transnistria.

Yeah... similar logic in 8 8 8... they will never get a force together quickly enough and so we can attack without worrying about the Russian military... it would take them a week to put a force together and we will have defeated the South Ossetians by then... NOT.

whir

Post  whir Sun May 31, 2015 11:30 am

Podrobnosti via Google Translate wrote:Саакашвили анонсировал масштабные чистки в Одесской области
    Saakashvili announced a massive purge in the Odessa region
    May 30, 2015 17:42 Author: Igor Shevchuk,

The governor of the Odessa oblastiMihail Saakashvili promises complete renewal of power in the region by attracting young people to open competitions for all positions.

"I ask the residents of Odessa region to give me a chance to start conversion here. The first thing that they see the residents of Odessa, is that the new people in power. And recruit new people to be honest. We collect the local people ... Second, we begin to tightly control how the budget is spent. There's many holes and they need to patch, "- Saakashvili said in Odessa.

He added that the majority of high-ranking officials of Odessa region nor retained their posts.

Also, Saakashvili promised to fight corruption, especially at customs. "I have the mandate of the president on this," - he said.

In addition, according to Saakashvili, he familiarized himself with the situation in the province of Odessa region, and believes that the first priority for the regions is a repair of roads.

"There's a terrible road. I have traveled on these roads. The roads there are bad because for decades there sneaked money on these roads. The infrastructure there is poor. And of course, decades of devastation can not be overcome in the past month - two. But I think that soon people will feel difference ", - said the head of State Administration.

Regarding the fight against separatist sentiment in the region, Saakashvili said that the primary task - is the attention to people. "When people feel that the state takes care of them, these feelings go away by themselves," - he said.

As reported, Poroshenko submitted Saakashvili Odessa in 4 languages ​​. After this, Poroshenko gave Saakashvili a year to change everything in Odessa. Continue reading.

New York Times wrote:Ukrainian Migrants Fleeing Conflict Get a Cool Reception in Europe
    By RICK LYMANMAY 30, 2015

WARSAW — Volodymyr Zelenyuk knew it was time to bolt when the pro-Russian separatists came to the carwash he owned in the eastern Ukrainian coal town of Antratsyt and demanded his help making and repairing weapons.

“Either you help them, or you die,” Mr. Zelenyuk, 28, said.

So he grabbed his wife, their passports, two backpacks and a credit card and fled across the nearby border into Russia, beginning a long trek to Crimea, Kiev and, finally, four months ago, to the Polish border where they begged for asylum.

“I don’t know what I am going to do if I am refused,” he said. “But I can’t be too optimistic.”

Since the conflict that erupted early last year in Ukraine, the flow of immigrants and asylum seekers from there into Poland and other European nations has steadily increased. But the countries have been wary about welcoming them too warmly.

Poland, Germany, Italy and other favored destinations for Ukrainian asylum-seekers have overwhelmingly rejected their applications or delayed processing them. The nations, which are loath to open their borders to what could be yet another torrent of job-hungry immigrants, point to vast stretches of western Ukraine that the separatist conflict has not yet touched. Continue reading.

BBC wrote:Ukraine crisis: The town where war still rages on - BBC News

Tatzhit Mihailovich wrote:Odessa: Nationalists attack office of "Kador" construction firm, fight security while police look on

The Guardian wrote:Russian aircraft head off US warship in Black Sea, news agency says
    Reuters in Moscow Saturday 30 May 2015 17.41 BST

According to Russia’s state news agency a US destroyer was moving along the edge of territorial waters in yet another encounter with western militaries

Russian military aircraft were scrambled to head off a US warship that was acting “aggressively” in the Black Sea, the state news agency RIA reported on Saturday, citing an anonymous source in Russia’s armed forces in Crimea.

The source was quoted as saying that the US destroyer Ross was moving along the edge of Russia’s territorial waters and heading in their direction.

“The crew of the ship acted provocatively and aggressively, which concerned the operators of monitoring stations and ships of the Black Sea Fleet,” RIA quoted the source as saying.

“Su-24 attack aircraft demonstrated to the American crew readiness to harshly prevent a violation of the frontier and to defend the interests of the country.”

Russia’s Defence Ministry was not immediately available to comment on the report. Continue reading.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun May 31, 2015 12:33 pm

Flagship Victory wrote:
    whir wrote:

US troops are already deployed in Ukraine. If US air defense batteries deploy to Odessa, then they can deter Russian jets based in Sevastopol from launching air strikes on Ukrainian troops in Odessa. The US thinking is that, Russia would not get involved if Ukraine invades Transnistria because by doing so Russian jets would have to target US PAC-3 batteries in Odessa and that would mean a shooting war between Russia and the US. The US thinks that Russia would not go to war with the US and therefore Ukraine would be able to invade Transnistria without having to fight Russian forces other than the 1,000 or so Russian troops in Transnistria.

Not really - Russia can just ignore the US PAC-3 batteries.

And what will the US do? Shoot the Russian planes down?

Neither side will make the first move.
    However putting the batteries there would be a very foolish move; because it would mean that there is a chance of the situation developing in a direction neither side would have any control over; if the PAC-3 batteries are targetted by mistake or they're too close to other targets or whatever else.

Which is why the US won't deploy them in the first place. What purpose would they serve if all Russia has to do is avoid targetting them and them being there could heighten the chance of a run-off escelation?
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Sun May 31, 2015 1:00 pm

http://lenta.ru/news/2015/05/31/soldiers/

DNR command reports that black skinned mercenaries have been spotted in parts controlled by Kiev regime. There's also reports of mercenaries from USA, Poland, Georgia and apparently a regiment of Israeli soldiers with UCAVs. I have doubts about that last one though. If this is true then we're talking about some serious stuff here. These countries providing soldiers of fortune have no idea what they are getting into. They still think this war is going to be a walk in the park like fighting farmers in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun May 31, 2015 3:32 pm

dunno how many times we seen those black mercenaries? Remember how many reports were about negros being captured by steps, but no proof. Ofc there are mercenaries on both sides, but their involvement is limited. It still ends to be Ukrainian people killing each other, not moskals and yanks.
    As credible as Kiev claims of spetsnaz fighting amongst steps.
    Sheesh both sides are so full of shit. It seems there is bigger war in PR not in the fields
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sun May 31, 2015 4:40 pm

Truth about situation in Ukraine
    Facebook
    7 hrs · Edited ·

Donetsk, May 31, the Donetsk New Agency. Head of the DPR Aleksandr Zakharchenko congratulated the citizens of the Republic on the occasion of the Trinity Sunday, the representative of the administration reports.

"On this luminous day we remember the divine mystery of the descent of the Holy Spirit upon Christ's disciples and the beginning of the Apostle prophesy on the salvation of the world. This holiday is considered to be the day of foundation of Christ's Church, and on this day all the believers are praying for God's grace that helps to overcome hardships and mishaps", — Zakharchenko reminded.

According to him, the Trinity Day is "a chance to feel the complicity with the eternal values, which are inspiring us for good deeds and noble acts" for the inhabitants of the DPR.
    "It is evident, that successful settlement of a number of humanitarian issues is possible only in the society that abides by religious as well as panhuman commandments. That is why for every dweller of our land the development of spiritual and moral values are so important, as well as charity and mercy", — the leader of the DPR stressed.

He wished the citizens of the Republic good and happiness reigning in their homes and every day filled with creative labour and true values. "Let your dearest wishes come true on this day, and your hearts be warmed by kindness and love!" — concluded the Head of the Republic.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #14 - Page 35 ?type=1
    gregoire

Post  gregoire Sun May 31, 2015 6:27 pm

Regular wrote:dunno
    Sheesh both sides are so full of shit. It seems there is bigger war in PR not in the fields

It is.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Sun May 31, 2015 7:07 pm

Neutrality wrote:http://lenta.ru/news/2015/05/31/soldiers/

DNR command reports that black skinned mercenaries have been spotted in parts controlled by Kiev regime. There's also reports of mercenaries from USA, Poland, Georgia and apparently a regiment of Israeli soldiers with UCAVs. I have doubts about that last one though. If this is true then we're talking about some serious stuff here. These countries providing soldiers of fortune have no idea what they are getting into. They still think this war is going to be a walk in the park like fighting farmers in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    The master race has to seek assistance from subhumans because it can't defeat other "subhumans". I thought I'd never see the day. lol1 lol1 lol1
    whir

Post  whir Sun May 31, 2015 7:31 pm

The Moscow Times wrote:Nothing 'Hybrid' About Russia's War in Ukraine
    By Ruslan PukhovMay. 27 2015 00:00 Last edited 20:10

Russia's actions in Crimea and eastern Ukraine over the past year gave rise in the West to a widespread theory about some kind of "hybrid war," an innovative form of military intervention that Moscow created specifically for this crisis. However, upon closer inspection, the term hybrid war is more a propaganda tool than hard fact and any attempt to fully define it strips the idea of any novelty.

One Western attempt at defining the term states that hybrid war is a combination of overt and covert military actions, provocations and diversions in conjunction with denial of involvement, significantly complicating any full-scale response to those actions.

A more extensive definition of hybrid war appears in the editor's introduction to "The Military Balance 2015" published by The International Institute for Strategic Studies. It describes hybrid war as "the use of military and non-military tools in an integrated campaign designed to achieve surprise, seize the initiative and gain psychological as well as physical advantages utilizing diplomatic means; sophisticated and rapid information, electronic and cyber operations; covert and occasionally overt military and intelligence action; and economic pressure."

It also points out that during the Crimean operations in February-March 2014 "Russian forces demonstrated integrated use of rapid deployment, electronic warfare, information operations (IO), locally based naval infantry, airborne assault and special-forces capabilities, as well as wider use of cyberspace and strategic communications. The latter was used to shape a multifaceted and overall effective information campaign targeted as much at domestic as foreign audiences."

In eastern Ukraine, Moscow demonstrated the ability to quickly create "pressure groups" composed of "elements of the local population" but that are managed and supported from outside, and that such a tactic can be used to defend ethnic minorities.

In this regard, the document stated that NATO considers hybrid warfare a serious challenge because it takes place in a "gray zone" of the alliance's obligations and could lead to a split between its members. Continue reading.

Pravda UA via Google Translate wrote:Боевики заявили, что не будут платить шахтерам - денег нет
    The militants have declared that they will not pay the miners - there is no money
    Sunday, May 31, 2015, 14:19

The leaders of "DNI" declared the lack of funds for repayment of debt to pay salaries to miners SE "Donbassantratsit" Krasny Luch in Luhansk region.

The press-secretary of the AP on the ATO Alexander Motuzyanik.

"Donbassantratsit" was captured by militants in 2014.

"The company employs 4,000 workers, but now they would be fired. This confirms once again the failure of the militants to do something else other than robbery and looting in the occupied territories," - said Motuzyanik.

Ukrainian Truth Continue reading.

KP.ru via Google Translate wrote:СМИ: Американец спас девушку от украинских солдат и перешел на сторону ополченцев
    Media: An American Woman rescued from Ukrainian soldiers defected to the militia
    Anastasia Novikova(13:07)

This is a special forces, who was sent to fight in the Donbass as an instructor

American commando Russell Mohsen, who was sent to fight in the Donbass as an instructor, went over to the militias. The young man confessed that he could not bear to see how Ukrainian soldiers mocking the locals.

- May 27 Russell killed the Ukrainian army officer who tried to rape Anastasia Gavrilenko, and disappeared in the direction of the front - told Ukrainian media .

Russell himself later admitted that it was not difficult to get away from the location, despite the fact that it was a girl.
    Recall, Republican Senator John McCain and his supporters, lawmakers are trying on their own to achieve the supply of lethal weapons Kiev bypassing the American president.

Accusing anyone who tries to solve the conflict by peaceful means Ukrainian, indulging in Russia, the politician has promised to prepare a draft law on the supply of arms to Georgia. Neither McCain nor other senators did not answer how far they intend to go. Continue reading.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sun May 31, 2015 8:11 pm

There is another serious fight at the moment in southern Donetsk with ukrops attacking Trudovskaya [Petrovsky district] out of Marinka. Like around the airport there is some sort of activity nearly every day and occasionaly more heavier fighting. I see the Ukrops attacks out of Marinka as perhaps the more serious and think there is a plan to make attacks there seem normal and not to cause a serious reaction from VSN. I still think the attack in January was a test to see what would happen during a serious assault, tho of course ukrops would have liked success. We will keep hearing about these attacks and become bored, VSN command will not become bored of course, but as the attacks become "normal", then reaction times to a sudden serious attack could be efected. A major attack could initially look like the "normal" daily occurance, but the attack is pressed, and pressed, then when it is realised this is a major attack, it may be too late to supress it and maintain the front. These attacks are not simply like ukrops using artillery into Gorlovka, but proper ground attacks, and it is difficult to see what purpose these small scale attacks serve if not as a precursor to major attack into southern Donetsk, that will in fact be a diversion for a major attack in the north that will itself be a diversion for the expected real major attack in the south on the Volnovakha front. Confused? that's the idea.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Sun May 31, 2015 8:20 pm

[quote="whir"]
    KP.ru via Google Translate wrote:СМИ: Американец спас девушку от украинских солдат и перешел на сторону ополченцев
    Media: An American Woman rescued from Ukrainian soldiers defected to the militia
    Anastasia Novikova(13:07)

This is a special forces, who was sent to fight in the Donbass as an instructor

American commando Russell Mohsen, who was sent to fight in the Donbass as an instructor, went over to the militias. The young man confessed that he could not bear to see how Ukrainian soldiers mocking the locals.

- May 27 Russell killed the Ukrainian army officer who tried to rape Anastasia Gavrilenko, and disappeared in the direction of the front - told Ukrainian media .

Russell himself later admitted that it was not difficult to get away from the location, despite the fact that it was a girl.
    Recall, Republican Senator John McCain and his supporters, lawmakers are trying on their own to achieve the supply of lethal weapons Kiev bypassing the American president.

Accusing anyone who tries to solve the conflict by peaceful means Ukrainian, indulging in Russia, the politician has promised to prepare a draft law on the supply of arms to Georgia. Neither McCain nor other senators did not answer how far they intend to go. Continue reading.

Is this confirmed? This is major news if true.
    gregoire

Post  gregoire Sun May 31, 2015 8:33 pm

Khepesh wrote:There is another serious fight at the moment in southern Donetsk with ukrops attacking Trudovskaya [Petrovsky district] out of Marinka. Like around the airport there is some sort of activity nearly every day and occasionaly more heavier fighting. I see the Ukrops attacks out of Marinka as perhaps the more serious and think there is a plan to make attacks there seem normal and not to cause a serious reaction from VSN. I still think the attack in January was a test to see what would happen during a serious assault, tho of course ukrops would have liked success. We will keep hearing about these attacks and become bored, VSN command will not become bored of course, but as the attacks become "normal", then reaction times to a sudden serious attack could be efected. A major attack could initially look like the "normal" daily occurance, but the attack is pressed, and pressed, then when it is realised this is a major attack, it may be too late to supress it and maintain the front. These attacks are not simply like ukrops using artillery into Gorlovka, but proper ground attacks, and it is difficult to see what purpose these small scale attacks serve if not as a precursor to major attack into southern Donetsk, that will in fact be a diversion for a major attack in the north that will itself be a diversion for the expected  real major attack in the south on the Volnovakha front. Confused? that's the idea.

Not confused. Everyone who has watch a boxing match will notice the same strategy. As you are saying the ukrop are wearing the NAF down, waiting for the moment people start to accept this as routine and then strike "left" and strike harder to the "right". Well, one of the things the NAF could do is making sure their intelligence is up to date, to up their reconnaissance and also take out the ukrop commanders at random intervals so to create a panick. To me there is noticeably something different about their (ukrop) approach. They are just as insidious but more patient. This may sound crazy but it also seems to me they are also provoking a reaction from the NAF and they might even have a counter attack plan in case the NAF attacks first. From the news lately it also seems to me their intelligence gathering is upped. From the kiev junta we are seeing the same thing as always; alienate donbass, suffocate them economically and tell everyone they want to save donbass from the russians while on the ground they kill civilians randomly.

My biggest fear is that this minsk2 is actually more deadly to novorossiya then to the kiev junta.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun May 31, 2015 9:02 pm

Khepesh wrote:There is another serious fight at the moment in southern Donetsk with ukrops attacking Trudovskaya [Petrovsky district] out of Marinka. Like around the airport there is some sort of activity nearly every day and occasionaly more heavier fighting. I see the Ukrops attacks out of Marinka as perhaps the more serious and think there is a plan to make attacks there seem normal and not to cause a serious reaction from VSN. I still think the attack in January was a test to see what would happen during a serious assault, tho of course ukrops would have liked success. We will keep hearing about these attacks and become bored, VSN command will not become bored of course, but as the attacks become "normal", then reaction times to a sudden serious attack could be efected. A major attack could initially look like the "normal" daily occurance, but the attack is pressed, and pressed, then when it is realised this is a major attack, it may be too late to supress it and maintain the front. These attacks are not simply like ukrops using artillery into Gorlovka, but proper ground attacks, and it is difficult to see what purpose these small scale attacks serve if not as a precursor to major attack into southern Donetsk, that will in fact be a diversion for a major attack in the north that will itself be a diversion for the expected  real major attack in the south on the Volnovakha front. Confused? that's the idea.

That's only true, if you think that the greater picture is drawn by the NAF. However the strategical suveillance of the AO is "Northern Wind" prerogative. IE, this is about to look like a hilarious Episode of "Cops: Global Pizdets Patrol", with NW playing the Bald Bad cop and NAF playing the Nice & Cool cop offering advice on how to bleed less and how not to get arrested next time.

In other words, Ukraine might think they're alone, but they aren't. In an adverse manner of course.
    whir

Post  whir Sun May 31, 2015 9:11 pm

Looks like some type of test runs to rank up recruits' skills, low level intensity fighting as training is nothing new if you can't afford both at the same time.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Sun May 31, 2015 9:23 pm

What Saakashvili's Appointment as Governor of Odessa Means for Transnistria

"At first glance, Saakashvili's appointment by Poroshenko seems an absurdity –as something surreal," Chalenko, whose article was published in Izvestia on Sunday, notes. Noting that the arguments in favor of the appointment coming out of Ukraine are based on Saakashvili's alleged success in creating the Potemkin-villagesque 'Miracle of Batumi', Chalenko argues that "while many in the corridors of power in Ukraine believe that 'things turned out in Georgia', it's hard to believe that Saakashvili has been appointed to Odessa to turn it into a paradise.

The journalist argues that the appointment must instead be considered from a wider perspective: "The main explanation, in my view, is the fact that [the Moldovan breakaway region of] Transnistria is situated next to Odessa," Chalenko argues. "The events of the past months suggest that authorities in Ukraine and Moldova, with the support and guidance of the US, naturally, are preparing something bad for Transnistria pale

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150531/1022785389.html

Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Sun May 31, 2015 9:24 pm

Asking again. Is there any confirmation on that American instructor defecting to the DNR?
    whir

Post  whir Sun May 31, 2015 9:29 pm

Neutrality wrote:Asking again. Is there any confirmation on that American instructor defecting to the DNR?
    No, at least for the moment.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun May 31, 2015 10:05 pm

Neutrality wrote:Asking again. Is there any confirmation on that American instructor defecting to the DNR?

Why don't you check out the photo and decide for yourself

The Situation in the Ukraine. #14 - Page 35 2

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:52 am