Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+48
marcinko
Walther von Oldenburg
Cowboy's daughter
PapaDragon
artjomh
JohninMK
Dforce
auslander
ExBeobachter1987
Prince Darling
GarryB
Book.
CaptMorgan68
Godric
medo
Dima
Airbornewolf
Inetwarrior
Voskhod
whir
Morpheus Eberhardt
Admin
DTA
NationalRus
HeNeArKrXeRn_
Monarchist
Khepesh
KomissarBojanchev
TheArmenian
collegeboy16
Cpt Caz
Regular
Mike E
macedonian
DanilaMP
kvs
TR1
wilhelm
mack8
Rodinazombie
sepheronx
KoTeMoRe
Strizh
flamming_python
magnumcromagnon
Werewolf
max steel
AbsoluteZero
52 posters

mp.net is closing?

macedonian
    macedonian

mp.net is closing? - Page 4 Empty Re: mp.net is closing?

Post  macedonian Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:10 pm

Well, since we're venting mp.net anger, and sharing stories, here's mine:

They've banned me for "Too many anti-American posts and opinions".
    I sh-t you not. That's what Hollis wrote to me.
    None of my posts could've been considered flame-baiting or abusive, and he was itching to ban me...and came up with that line.

I kinda understand them in a way.
    These people are mostly American vets. They've lived their lives thinking how great their country is (and indeed it was), but now they see what it has turned into.
    Now they have their suspicions. And it's just normal human behavior to blame others for one's misfortunes. They'd rather ban the lot of us, than face the truth.

Let me use a line from the Rolling Stones:
    It's not easy facing up, when your whole world is black.

LOL

Laughing
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:19 pm

Khepesh wrote:As this seems a thread to bitch and get red in the face, here is my thoughts. To me the worst thing that happened there was the hysterical reaction to MH17. I was suspended on 18 July for an offtopic. It wasn't, I was simply clarifying the timeline of messages on rebel sources and who said what and who they were not, like the VK fan page for Strelkov and icorpus which were used as "evidence" of official claiming of taking down MH17. This was not liked, so the ban. But I noticed that the mod who banned me had made a post on another thread a few minutes before saying he was going to cull the Ukraine thread, and then banned not just me but several others, for no reason. I lurked for a few days to see what would happen and saw that XJ120 and one other whose name I forget, had clearly been given permission to wreck the thread to drown out any posts about MH17 that did not fit their contorted world view. That was pathetic and they lost all credibility with me because of that. After two weeks ban I then lasted about four days before another suspention, apparent "flame baiting". Then when Minsk 1 happend I stopped posting. Came back in early January and was suspended for my first post for almost four months, again no real reason. What also made me sick was some posters who seemed pro Novorossiya but who were licking mods butts and I suspect also spanning the report button on their so called "allies" to gain favor, cowards.

You were one of the most valuable posters in the Ukraine thread (I followed it from the beginning). Those ban fag, butthurt loser retard mods make
    me sick. MP net provided an example of western "freedom of thought" and "freedom of expression". Full on BS that is never true in practice.
    There is simply no analogue of the liberast media in the west, i.e. non-conforming media. It is one big official parrot chorus that sings the same note at
    exactly the same time. If it was some stochastic system composed of independent, uncoordinated actors this would be physically impossible. And indeed
    you did see some spread in the interpretation and presentation of world events in the media in the past. Now it is monochrome 1984 spew.

I lump web fora into the western media category since they are exactly that. They are a new format information source and you can see the censorship in
    action. The big plus was that the censorship comes after and not before the posts. So some information can get out. But they try to plug the information
    source by banning posters. In the mainstream media the censorship is applied before you ever see anything.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:25 pm

macedonian wrote:Well, since we're venting mp.net anger, and sharing stories, here's mine:

None of my posts could've been considered flame-baiting or abusive, and he was itching to ban me...and came up with that line.

These people are mostly American vets. They've lived their lives thinking how great their country is (and indeed it was), but now they see what it has turned into.
    Now they have their suspicions. And it's just normal human behavior to blame others for one's misfortunes. They'd rather ban the lot of us, than face the truth.

LOL

Laughing

Hehhehehehehehehehehehehehehe. Hollis at his prime. You know you're doing something right when Hollis infracts you.
    Same cause and effect here. Anti-American propaganda.
    But you're wrong, there's only a fraction of vets in the server, most of them are simpletons and wannabee warriors.
    The most preposterous idiots have never served.

Spartan was still Trying to join a JROTC program. IconOfIdiocy was most probably really a fuel-station clerk. AIG never served, Puffs never served, a good part of the Isreali Rabies crew was American from down south, none served. Same for US sourtherners. Need's a better name, Andrew Chalmers etc.

But I agree, it was very difficult at one point especially with George Bush and Abu Ghraib fiasco (I joined in 2007 and one of my first threads was about it).

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:29 pm

macedonian wrote:Well, since we're venting mp.net anger, and sharing stories, here's mine:

LOL

Laughing

The problem is these sanctimonious clowns do not live according to the values they claim to cherish. They are a bunch of
    closed minded, closet dictatorship lovers who cannot handle opposing opinions. Especially substantiated opinions and not
    parrot drivel. There was no symmetry between the America stronkers and the so-called Russia "stronkers". The only ones
    that fit the meat head category were the America stronkers.

Somebody told me elsewhere that MP net is a private web forum and they can apply whatever rules they want. I say BS.
    It is a public space so it must abide by human rights norms. If they want a private circle jerk club then they should not be
    allowing anyone to sign up. In fact, they cannot even deny people from joining since that would be discrimination.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/club

In four decisions dealing with these types of organizations, the Supreme Court narrowed the definition of freedom
    of association and upheld the constitutionality of state statutes designed to keep private clubs from discriminating.

This is why the mods invoke all sort so "rule breaking" to justify banning members. They can't willy nilly ban them since they
    feel like it. But it is clear there are no standards and they can basically get away with all sorts of abuse.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:36 pm

kvs wrote:

LOL

Laughing

The problem is these sanctimonious clowns do not live according to the values they claim to cherish.   They are a bunch of
    closed minded, closet dictatorship lovers who cannot handle opposing opinions.   Especially substantiated opinions and not
    parrot drivel.    There was no symmetry between the America stronkers and the so-called Russia "stronkers".   The only ones
    that fit the meat head category were the America stronkers.

Somebody told me elsewhere that MP net is a private web forum and they can apply whatever rules they want.  I say BS.
    It is a public space so it must abide by human rights norms.   If they want a private circle jerk club then they should not be
    allowing anyone to sign up.   In fact, they cannot even deny people from joining since that would be discrimination.  

In four decisions dealing with these types of organizations, the Supreme Court narrowed the definition of freedom
    of association and upheld the constitutionality of state statutes designed to keep private clubs from discriminating.

This is why the mods invoke all sort so "rule breaking" to justify banning members.  They can't willy nilly ban them since they
    feel like it.   But it is clear there are no standards and they can basically get away with all sorts of abuse.  

Actually the idea floated that one could sue Hood for not abiding to the User's Agreement. The problem was about the hassle that such claim would represent. However finally the downfall would be, allegedly, the total disregard that members had for Copyright...
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:42 pm

Screw them. I never posted there since. Never tried to create another account either.
    Been reading the Ukraine and Russian pic threads though.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:44 pm

Khepesh wrote:As this seems a thread to bitch and get red in the face, here is my thoughts. To me the worst thing that happened there was the hysterical reaction to MH17. I was suspended on 18 July for an offtopic. It wasn't, I was simply clarifying the timeline of messages on rebel sources and who said what and who they were not, like the VK fan page for Strelkov and icorpus which were used as "evidence" of official claiming of taking down MH17. This was not liked, so the ban. But I noticed that the mod who banned me had made a post on another thread a few minutes before saying he was going to cull the Ukraine thread, and then banned not just me but several others, for no reason. I lurked for a few days to see what would happen and saw that XJ120 and one other whose name I forget, had clearly been given permission to wreck the thread to drown out any posts about MH17 that did not fit their contorted world view. That was pathetic and they lost all credibility with me because of that. After two weeks ban I then lasted about four days before another suspention, apparent "flame baiting". Then when Minsk 1 happend I stopped posting. Came back in early January and was suspended for my first post for almost four months, again no real reason. What also made me sick was some posters who seemed pro Novorossiya but who were licking mods butts and I suspect also spanning the report button on their so called "allies" to gain favor, cowards.

You were asking for it though. That NVRS flag as avatar and after the first ban you stopped even reacting to people, just posted information.

XJ220 and JpBaz + Add to that StormSZA and the Polish Retard squad. Plus the countless pro-Ukraine trolls well you know.
    Monarchist
    Monarchist

Post  Monarchist Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:21 am

They suspended me two times without an explanation. Rolling Eyes I hope this site will continue to grow and let pro-western people post here without being banned or suspended. I also hope to see more and more people from mp net.
    HeNeArKrXeRn_
    HeNeArKrXeRn_

Post  HeNeArKrXeRn_ Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:50 am

Khepesh wrote:What also made me sick was some posters who seemed pro Novorossiya but who were licking mods butts and I suspect also spanning the report button on their so called "allies" to gain favor, cowards.

the butt licking was always such a cringe-fest - everytime it happened, and no matter who was doing it
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:32 am

Khepesh wrote:What also made me sick was some posters who seemed pro Novorossiya but who were licking mods butts and I suspect also spanning the report button on their so called "allies" to gain favor, cowards.

Yep, lately it seemed as if the only pro-Russians left there were the ones toeing the party line and acting extra polite to the mods; or just having the wisdom to stay out of the political threads for the most part altogether.

I remember a few times it seemed like Stalin's birthday party or something; everyone was nodding and agreeing, and the people who clearly had something 'dissentful' to say had to express it in such a way so that they could still continue nodding and agreeing while doing so. Even when it was absolutely obvious that it was about some blatantly wrong or aggressive US or European action/policy/decision/whatever - no-one dared to voice the truth on mp.net.

Still though, I'm sure everyone here had both the good and the bad on mp.net.
    But I was there for over 9 years and I prefer to remember the good. The mods were reasonable enough at least to me, I think I got away with a lot that I wouldn't have otherwise, simply because I was there for so long - so no fault to them on that. I never really had trouble expressing my pro-Russian views there and if I was suspended for something - it was usually because I reacted to a provocation or said something silly.
    So, no bones to pick for me, can't complain really.

It's gone now, or will be in a week rather - so everyone - rest easy. No point kicking a dead horse on the ground.

Last edited by flamming_python on Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:39 am

They use to say that the worst thing is when someone dies that people forget about "him" quickly and it just fates away without leaving an impression on the face of the earth.

Can we do the same, let that shithole of mp just rot and get back to military discussions, because squating above almost flatlined body with a defibrilator by mentioning it and

breathing life in it is not doing anything good to this place and just gives somehow reputation to something that never deserved any, because you sound obsessed with that intellectual

graveyard.
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:19 pm

haha was about to post the same news, fucking MP, fucking hollis and digrar, im on my fifth account ther rolling low level since a year now, but ther were a lot of cool people also ther.

its our chance to get this forum to our new level now and expand our multimedia thread with other countrys but russia, time to unite our most exremt oppinion diverse forum on the net from our "communist all the way down to our open racists" lol1 lol1  in the drive for this cause
    DanilaMP
    DanilaMP

Post  DanilaMP Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:38 pm

I second KVS opinion about Khepesh, I even said it there many months back that he was too valuable to the Ukr thread to be banned, same as there is constant pressure on jagerous now.

On topic: artjom, dzhaga-dzhaga (vitaly), kakhti, az, dasvivo, vorph, metberkut, sashko, paulua, stormzsta (for good laughts), stasi, hyde, spb, osobist (already joined), austinJ, cant remember more lads at the moment, but those are the people I would love to see contributing on this forum, always a pleasure to read their posts.

Since many on here are cursing the mp.net mods, I doubt it will be looked up on favourable if I posted a rd.net thread for asylum seekers on mp.net

But maybe if some of us work on pm these names, we can get few regular solid posters on here.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:02 pm

On topic: artjom, dzhaga-dzhaga (vitaly), kakhti, az, dasvivo, vorph, metberkut, sashko, paulua, stormzsta (for good laughts), stasi, hyde, spb, osobist (already joined), austinJ, cant remember more lads at the moment, but those are the people I would love to see contributing on this forum, always a pleasure to read their posts.

Under what nicknames?
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:43 pm

I'm the only user Suspect here who never visited or heard of mp.net lol1 . I came across this forum while comparing some russian weapon with murican one on google . I found those comments quite valuable that's why I joined in . What a Face pirat
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:05 pm

The only one i want to see here is BitnikGr has quite a knowledge on military matters similiar to GarryB.
    Strizh

Post  Strizh Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:53 pm

max steel wrote:I'm the only user Suspect  here who never visited or heard of mp.net  lol1 . I came across this forum while comparing some russian weapon with murican one on google . I found those comments quite valuable  that's why I joined in . What a Face pirat

For real ? Suspect

And to answer your question, probably yes you are.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:57 pm

Strizh wrote:
    max steel wrote:I'm the only user Suspect  here who never visited or heard of mp.net  lol1 . I came across this forum while comparing some russian weapon with murican one on google . I found those comments quite valuable  that's why I joined in . What a Face pirat

For real ? Suspect  

And to answer your question, probably yes you are.

He did not miss a thing actually he safed some of his braincells by avoiding to read all this garbage there.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:14 pm

I didn't ask any question . Cool

Well if we can have someone with calibre like GarryB , they are more than welcome .
    DTA
    DTA

Post  DTA Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:26 pm

mp.net like whole internet is(mp.net was) great ground to connecting people from different countries, share our views on problems, discuss it. Despite on all bs media from all sides.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:14 am

DTA wrote:mp.net like whole internet is(mp.net was) great ground to connecting people from different countries, share our views on problems, discuss it. Despite on all bs media from all sides.

That is one feature of MP net that was very good. This site is more limited in this regard. I think the name sets up what
    people expect: a nest of Russia stronk.

But there are people posting from all over the world here. If more of the neutral crowd at MP net moved here we would then
    attract even more diversity. Of course I would not want to have NATO stronk trolls flooding this site.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:13 am

Well I think we should prepare for influx of more members.
    No offence, but this site needs some refurbishment. Talking about that weird header;)
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:39 am

Regular wrote:Well I think we should prepare for influx of more members.
    No offence, but this site needs some refurbishment. Talking about that weird header;)

Im still waiting on submissions.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:28 am

Vladimir79 wrote:

I think you will get a few after 9th may.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:43 am

Vladimir79 wrote:

Vladimir,

Another change that would be good is to change your rank to a real one; as far as I can remember, grand marshal was never a rank. As you know, your insignia corresponds to that of the Marshal of the Soviet union (Маршал Советского Союза).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:47 am