Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+29
Sujoy
LMFS
higurashihougi
Isos
eehnie
miketheterrible
Airman
franco
TheArmenian
Russian Patriot
kvs
milforum.net
SturmGuard
sepheronx
DTA
OminousSpudd
Mike E
PapaDragon
Admin
magnumcromagnon
JohninMK
Airbornewolf
George1
jhelb
Khepesh
Morpheus Eberhardt
Werewolf
max steel
GarryB
33 posters

Forum Non Technical issues

Isos
    Isos

Forum Non Technical issues - Page 5 Empty Re: Forum Non Technical issues

Post  Isos Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:26 pm

Was the "reply" upgraded ? Now when I put a picture in my reply it shows me directly the picture instead of the [img]http...[img/]. Or also when I copy past a post from twitter, it keeps the size and colours of the text and it makes weired thing when there are special characters.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:54 pm

So it seems that the problem is only with the web version when used on mobile. I use the web version on mobile since the begening and I never had this issue.

Another bug I found is when I quote someone it creates an orange area where to put quote and it upsize the quoted text.

It doesn't happen with the mobile version but on mobile version I can't see the latest post with the orange square on the left of threads where someone posted something new.

I hope it is just a bug because it really sucks.

Here is a screenshot 

Forum Non Technical issues - Page 5 Screen25

Edit: so I think I found what's wrong. Html is on when I write my posts. Idk why and how to disable it while writing.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:51 pm

Isos wrote:

Edit: so I think I found what's wrong. Html is on when I write my posts. Idk why and how to disable it while writing.

There is a little check box at the bottom of the post that says Disable HTML in this post so maybe uncheck that box.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:53 pm

Vladimir79 wrote:
    Isos wrote:

There is a little check box at the bottom of the post that says Disable HTML in this post so maybe uncheck that box.

Test.

It works but when I write the orange quote is still there and the pictures are shown. Well, maybe it will come back when they update their servers. I'll let you know.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:47 am

Isos wrote:

It works but when I write the orange quote is still there and the pictures are shown. Well, maybe it will come back when they update their servers. I'll let you know.

I tried it on an Android phone and I am not having a yellow box.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:15 am

Hi Lsos,

The last icon in your tool list above where you type your text is a sheet of paper with text on it that is used to turn text editing to and from editor mode... I see it is currently turned off.

Click on it and it should be highlighted... that should show the html code that creates the box which you should then be able to delete manually by highlighting and pressing delete.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:00 am

Yeah it was that. Thanks Very Happy
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:42 am

I propose a permanent ban against Aristide.

I understand healthy discussions, healthy criticism and self-criticism is good... but Aristide's comments have nothing to do with these criteria.

He openly express a racist, anti-human viewpoint which show that he has no ability of being thankful, he does not have any respect to other human and only sees other individuals as target for exploitation, he is willing to use other people as dairy cow and chicken for his own benefit.

Such individual should not be allowed to comment on this forum. This is the forum for normal humans who respect the basic human rights and basic dignity of others, not for ones with such disgusting viewpoint above.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:46 am

I appreciate what you are saying, but being a censored is not against the rules, nor is being a dick or being a jerk.

Personally I think it is important to have a self important privileged vacant narcissist to represent what the western development model was based upon... the old first world, second world, third world model... we are the first world and the second world is our enemy and we will use the third world (non west, no aligned countries) for resources and wealth generation, to try to crush the real potential rivals in the second world.

That is the big game and we should never forget or forgive.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:52 am

GarryB wrote:I appreciate what you are saying, but being a censored is not against the rules, nor is being a dick or being a jerk....

Uhhh, yes it is and it was the explanation given for several of my bans

On one occasion I was banned just for using cuss words

Double standards much?

As for banning Arab with French delusion I say no because if Vann and ultimatewarriorr aren't getting banned then this clow shouldn't be either since he is rank amateur in comparison

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:21 am

So GarryB whats the forums stance against users who constantly post virtually (with only slight deviation) the same post over and over again. There's 2 particular members (they could even be the same person) in the Syrian war thread, who literally make the same post over and over again. How do we differentiate between them and a spam bot?

Imagine if all my posts in a thread were constantly demanding the Russians put funding in to pink unicorn *euphemism* research, and constantly whine about them doing nothing for pink unicorn proliferation. If I did this countless of times in a thread and the subsequent threads there after, isn't that grounds for labeling it spam posting? How many times do they have to say it for them to drive the message home?
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:47 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:So GarryB whats the forums stance against users who constantly post virtually (with only slight deviation) the same post over and over again. There's 2 particular members (they could even be the same person) in the Syrian war thread, who literally make the same post over and over again. How do we differentiate between them and a spam bot?

Imagine if all my posts in a thread were constantly demanding the Russians put funding in to pink unicorn *euphemism* research, and constantly whine about them doing nothing for pink unicorn proliferation. If I did this countless of times in a thread and the subsequent threads there after, isn't that grounds for labeling it spam posting? How many times do they have to say it for them to drive the message home?

Spam bots hide links in their posts to promote something. If they are not setting up links it is likely a real person. If someone wants to make the same argument over and over again, that is their choice. It sounds like they are fishing for an argument.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:26 am

Uhhh, yes it is and it was the explanation given for several of my bans

On one occasion I was banned just for using cuss words

Double standards much?

Well first of all I don't remember banning you and suspect it may have been another mod, but I suspect the actual reason for your ban was not following the directions of a mod.

You hardly every use cuss words, which I respect you for, it is something I sometimes struggle with, but in certain subject areas most people will use bad language because that is what bad language is for... to show extreme emotion. Some very level headed members can lose their temper when discussing certain issues they feel very strongly about, someone who swears uncontrollably and repeatedly would be permanently banned... but I would also say that most of what they said would also be largely ignored because when you use enlarged text in capitals to get attention for everything you say then sometimes if there is not a lot of interesting stuff there people will learn not to bother reading it.

I stopped reading Vanns posts a long time ago, and Aristides posts I usually skim. Obviously if anyone takes offense and directs me to this or that post I will read it and make a determination, but people this is not a high court and I have no legal training... this is private property and if Vlad says ban everyone whose username starts with a j or a t then that becomes a new rule here on this forum... this is not a democracy.

I am a big squishy lefty white guy who learned about life from "The Facts of Life" and "The Cosby show" and "The Dukes of Hazzard" and "Chips" but the real world is not really like that... a bit like the bible... nice idea but not very realistic until everyone picks the same rules and lives by them.

So GarryB whats the forums stance against users who constantly post virtually (with only slight deviation) the same post over and over again.

Well look at it from my perspective as a moderator... what rule do I use to ban these people? There is no rule that posts have to be interesting or informative or unique. From a users perspective I would hope there is interesting informative and unique posts, but how do I enforce that.

Many posts are posted because they are propaganda from the west and the member who posted it realises it is bullshit but would like to see a proper critique of the bullshit, so they post it here. When I was on the KP forum there were several members who were interested in Russian stuff because it was different and largely unknown to them so they would post all sorts of bullshit claims to get me to explain stuff to them... basically trolling... and not usually in a nice way.

I had one guy that swore black and blue that a Ka-27 couldn't carry torpedoes because he had never seen it with wing pylons fitted (ie the Ka-29 assault version has stub wings with weapon hardpoints). I told him the Ka-27 has a belly bay the full length of the fuselage for torpedoes and depth charges but because he had never seen it he did not believe me. I had photos but did not post them... why should I care if that Russophobe remained ignorant.

Members here are also interested in having things explained, but are much more polite and respectful so I am happy to help where I can...
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:25 am

As far as I'm concerned Ottoman can post whatever he wants (Lord knows ultimatewarrior does) but I would appreciate if he stops posting huge screenshots of the phone and just post normal text like everyone else

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:03 pm

Hi Garry, can you point out to UW that he shouldn't be posting just a twitter link again. I seem to remember that he did that before and you buried those posts somewhere ot just deleted them. Ta
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:43 am

As far as I'm concerned Ottoman can post whatever he wants (Lord knows ultimatewarrior does) but I would appreciate if he stops posting huge screenshots of the phone and just post normal text like everyone else

Honestly I appreciate hearing from someone from "the other side". Turkey and Russia currently have opposing views about what is happening in Syria, but there are a lot of areas they do see eye to eye on and can cooperate and make money and get benefits from.

There is a western saying.... don't throw out the baby with the bath water... Turkey and Russia have lots more of value to work together in a lot of areas than to just fight and kill each other over. What they really need to do is have an open and honest internal discussion to determine what each wants or needs and then to discuss with each other what is important and what is not.

Turkey has not separated the good terrorists from the bad ones... it is pretty clear they are never going to do that simply because all terrorists are bad and there is no sensible way to separate them... and in this case the innocent civilians in the cross fire are their family and friends so in this case there are no innocent civilians... what they should be doing is bombing them to oblivion and any trying to cross the border in to Turkey should be transported directly to Germany and the UK and to France and the US... because those countries created this mess in the first place.

Turkey is certainly not innocent, but equally they are not solely to blame either. What needs to happen is that the Syrian army need to cooperate with the Turks, but they can only do that when the Turks realise this moderate terrorist bullshit is bullshit... if Turkey doesn't want these people on its territory then why the fuck do they think Syria wants them on theirs? They can all be moved to any Kurdish autonomous regions that get agreed to, or perhaps shipped directly to the western nations that promised them a new life without Assad... they can follow through with their promises by taking them in to their own countries... France, Germany, the UK, and of course the US.

I would also add that the screenshots posted by Ottoman are reduced size on my computer with links above to see enlarged views and full sized views. These are relatively low resolution images that would use up very little bandwidth.

Hi Garry, can you point out to UW that he shouldn't be posting just a twitter link again. I seem to remember that he did that before and you buried those posts somewhere ot just deleted them. Ta

You have a point (you usually do John), but that was regarding a discussion thread where he just posted links. The thread we are talking about here is a news thread where things can happen rather rapidly, and he is including a description of what is to be found on the link which makes it easier for members to decide whether to bother clicking on the link or not.

So because it is a news thread and he is including descriptions I will not create a separate twitter version of the news thread and move them there.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:59 am

GarryB wrote:
    You have a point (you usually do John), but that was regarding a discussion thread where he just posted links. The thread we are talking about here is a news thread where things can happen rather rapidly, and he is including a description of what is to be found on the link which makes it easier for members to decide whether to bother clicking on the link or not.

So because it is a news thread and he is including descriptions I will not create a separate twitter version of the news thread and move them there.
    Fair enough Garry. There was a short period where only links were posted but now its back to links plus description, lots of them Sad
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:17 am

That is the nature of a news thread... things happen, so in a sense he is keeping us up to date, without filling the thread with entire tweet posts, with descriptions so we can choose to have a look if we are interested and to ignore if we are not...
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:36 pm

What's with the LIKE DISLIKE boxes that have appeared today?

franco likes this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:33 am

JohninMK wrote:What's with the LIKE DISLIKE boxes that have appeared today?

Interesting a "dislike" does not identify you while a "like" does.

JohninMK likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:19 am

I am as surprised as you guys... no warning for me either...

I will leave it for the moment and see how it goes, but as usual if it turns into a bitch fight and it is abused then I will remove it.

JohninMK likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:46 am

Why did forum stop accepting new members?

I recommended this guy on Reddit to try it out and he said it's blocked completely

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:02 am

PapaDragon wrote:

I recommended this guy on Reddit to try it out and he said it's blocked completely

Reddit user? You mean like these guys?
    Forum Non Technical issues - Page 5 Tumblr_n5jd0lMjtl1rfwfq9o1_500
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:47 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Reddit user? You mean like these guys?
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/d004251fde456c88ebcd3a9aeba992eb/tumblr_n5jd0lMjtl1rfwfq9o1_500.jpg[/img]

Could be

But I think they aren't as common on r/submarines lol1

But seriously, what's up with new members?

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:42 am

A while back there were a lot of spambots and also zombies.... ie banned members returning with new usernames... which kinda defeats the purpose of banning members.

The decision was made to block new members for a bit.

It is something that can be turned off and on.

I haven't had a reason to turn it back on.

What do members think?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:37 am