Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Forum Non Technical issues

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Forum Non Technical issues - Page 7 Empty Re: Forum Non Technical issues

Post  PapaDragon on Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:25 pm

Isos wrote:It should be a rule to put a comment or a description when posting a link.

At least few words like I do everytime.

Agreed

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:03 am

Rule: 16

16] Posting a link in any thread with no description and the post is likely to be deleted without warning by mods. If you wish to post material that some might find objectionable, or it is a twitter feed or something you can't quote or post into a thread the put a description and if it is potentially objectionable then a warning so that people who don't want to see that sort of thing wont mistakenly click on the link. Even with news threads a description is needed.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:51 am

TzavoLeon keeps breaking this Rule 16 and always gets away scot-free​

miketheterrible likes this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:53 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    TzavoLeon keeps breaking this Rule 16 and always gets away scot-free​

This retard keeps posting stupidity and acts like a moron when called out on it.

Ban this loser.  He is no better than Vann and Ultimate warrior.

Since you guys do nothing against him, I will continue to insult him in the most vulgar way cause clearly rules mean shit.

PapaDragon likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:06 am

Bans are at the discretion of the mods, and I would remind Mike that abusing other members is a rule he has had a temporary ban in the past for breaking.

Some rules are important and some are less important.

If you don't agree then you wont mind if I check your posting history and if your first post was no an introduction I guess I should ban you... right?

A link without a description is against the rules, but is hardly worth banning anyone over... if there is no information and just a link I normally just ignore the link and don't click on it... so from the person who posted it they are wasting their time.

Occasionally I might delete the link out of hand, and when I get members asking me where their post is I can explain the rule they have clearly just forgotten in their haste to post the link.

In all honesty I have posted Combat Approved videos without descriptions too.

It is not the end of the world on its own.

However when I get complaints like now, then I will start watching out for "offenders" and delete some posts or have words to the authors and remind them not to be so lazy in future.

It is not a high crime.

Abusing other members on the other hand often breaks more than one rule... using bad language and abusing a member... and that sort of stuff spirals out of control and arguments replace discussion and the whole site descends into something that is not a discussion forum.

So please understand when I say to you Mike that while I might have otherwise let posting links only go most of the time, now that I have your complaints and PDs complaints too I will now be looking out for it and all offenders and having a word.

I can assure you it is not a banning offense on its own, though after being asked by a mod to stop doing something and continuing to do it... then it does become an offense that requires timeouts or something more drastic.

I can also assure you that abusing other members can't be tolerated at all... so please don't test me.

BTW if someone is breaking rules and it bothers you... this is to everyone, then simply send me a PM with a link to the behaviour that you think breaks the rules and what you think is the problem and I will talk to the members concerned and sort it out.

Note I will not swing the ban stick for fun or out of anger or because you think someone is annoying.

It is as much protecting you as anyone else because for all you know I might find you annoying.... you know who you are.... Smile
    ...just kidding...

I appreciate a different point of view even if I don't agree with it and I have no expectations of convincing you with logic or bullying you into changing your mind.

If I banned members for being annoying there is a long list of members who would be gone and this forum would not be the better for it.

I disagree with PD on aircraft carriers, but we seem to rather agree when it comes to Vann and vaccinations... and no I am not going to ban either for their views or positions and I don't expect to wear them down and get them to change their views to suit my view... that is not how the world works.

So members reading this... be careful in future when posting links to include a description of what is going to come up when I click on that link.

When you post a link there is an option to display the link by just putting in the link, or to put the link in and put a description so the description becomes the link.

You can create a description when making the link or put a separate text description of the link if you prefer but you must do one or the other.

Hopefully that is all pretty clear, if it is not then PM me.
    GarryB
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:18 am

Note the reason I prefer to do all this sort of stuff via PM is first of all to prevent potential offenders or abusers from deleting evidence.

It is also rather unpleasant having to deal with a bullying situation where the victim is exposed to further bullying and potential harassment by other members.

This is your forum and you have a right to come here and speak your mind without being bullied or ridiculed or abused.

Having said that if you start claiming some strange things then those things you claim are open to attack and are totally fair game.

Sometimes, if the issue is a little widespread and drawing attention to it might be a good thing like not posting information with links, or perhaps a common one of just pushing the quote button and creating a great big long discussion that gets repeated with every post because you are too lazy to delete all the other comments from the quote you are replying to, then discussing it in a thread makes sense and can be useful.

Most of the time I would prefer to deal with problem behaviour without having to defend the members who objected.

To be clear normal policy is if someone is breaking the rules and you choose to abuse them for it instead of notifying a mod then you are breaking the rules just as much as they are.

Regards
    GarryB

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:05 pm