Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+59
ATLASCUB
AbdulhamidtheSecond
Airman
sheytanelkebir
airstrike
AlfaT8
xeno
Resistance
The Ottoman
JohninMK
d_taddei2
Project Canada
ultron
calm
franco
medo
TheArmenian
KiloGolf
magnumcromagnon
Erk
Bolt
zorobabel
Dima
HUNTER VZLA
Regular
onwiththewar
x_54_u43
Godric
mack8
Mustafa
par far
Akula971
higurashihougi
OminousSpudd
short_fuze
kvs
VladimirSahin
Zivo
Vann7
KoTeMoRe
Bidoul
Rodinazombie
Kadmos45
Morpheus Eberhardt
max steel
mutantsushi
George1
Walther von Oldenburg
Fred333
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
brisas2k
GarryB
flamming_python
Werewolf
TR1
As Sa'iqa
Admin
Eagle
Jelena
63 posters

Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict - Page 10 Empty Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat May 14, 2016 5:52 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote: Things got a lot worse for all Super Cobras...Igla S has about 0 issues bringing them down.

were not Turks and Saudis first started talking about arming moderate terrorist with manpads? the started tasting own medicine then...cannot wait for Iglas for Houtis
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict - Page 10 Empty Re: Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat May 14, 2016 5:55 pm

Thing is, If Russia wants to fvck with Turkey, it can send stock Strela 3 or even Soviet Iglas. By the truckload...This whole 4K demo is really nasty. I really pity the pilots. Knew nothing, heard nothing, just dropped dead.
    ultron

Post  ultron Sat May 14, 2016 7:10 pm

What version of Igla is that?
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sat May 14, 2016 7:16 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    zorobabel wrote:
    calm wrote:4:13 helicopter hit.

Wow...

Things just got a lot worse for the Turks in the southeast.

Things got a lot worse for all Super Cobras...Igla S has about 0 issues bringing them down.

This is standard Igla (SAM-18), not Igla-S.
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Sat May 14, 2016 7:20 pm

Poor pilots, as much as I still want revenge for them shooting our plane down it's sad to know they just ripped to pieces.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat May 14, 2016 7:30 pm

medo wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    zorobabel wrote:
    calm wrote:4:13 helicopter hit.

Wow...

Things just got a lot worse for the Turks in the southeast.

Things got a lot worse for all Super Cobras...Igla S has about 0 issues bringing them down.

This is standard Igla (SAM-18), not Igla-S.

I know, I said that Igla S has no issues, if the SA-16 does this.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sat May 14, 2016 11:44 pm

RIP to the pilots. Good work to the Kurds.

I imagine Turkey will be changing up its CAS regime for its rotary wing aircraft after seeing this. Not sure how much you can though when all you've got is a Cobra fleet that can apparently be nailed by stock Iglas. Suspect
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun May 15, 2016 12:56 am

OminousSpudd wrote:RIP to the pilots. Good work to the Kurds.

I imagine Turkey will be changing up its CAS regime for its rotary wing aircraft after seeing this. Not sure how much you can though when all you've got is a Cobra fleet that can apparently be nailed by stock Iglas.  Suspect

They don't have CAS aircraft. It will be set piece support like usual. Close contact is definitely out of the window...
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sun May 15, 2016 1:33 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:

I imagine Turkey will be changing up its CAS regime for its rotary wing aircraft after seeing this. Not sure how much you can though when all you've got is a Cobra fleet that can apparently be nailed by stock Iglas.  Suspect

They don't have CAS aircraft. It will be set piece support like usual. Close contact is definitely out of the window...

Heli gunships don't provide CAS?
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun May 15, 2016 1:40 am

OminousSpudd wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

They do, but in the light of this "incident" the Super Cobras and the AH-1E's they got will sit it out. If the T-129 have a better protective suite, maybe they'll be sent to get blown to bits, but basically it will be back in the 90's for Tukey, flying those F-16 like there was no tomorrow. Which will limit the support that the Turkish AF would afford to its ground troops.
    Project Canada

Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict - Page 10 Empty Eight Turkish military personnel have died

Post  Project Canada Sun May 15, 2016 4:11 am

Eight Turkish military personnel have died in combat with Kurdish rebels and in a subsequent helicopter crash near the country's border with Iraq

A military helicopter sent to the area to support the soldiers later crashed, killing its two pilots, the military said, adding that the crash was due to a technical fault.

AP report

Yes, being shot down with Manpads is a result of Technical failure Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Stupid MSM, im pretty sure if it was a Russian chopper the whole footage will be all over the page more than the ads Rolling Eyes
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sun May 15, 2016 5:19 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

They do, but in the light of this "incident" the Super Cobras and the AH-1E's they got will sit it out. If the T-129 have a better protective suite, maybe they'll be sent to get blown to bits, but basically it will be back in the 90's for Tukey, flying those F-16 like there was no tomorrow. Which will limit the support that the Turkish AF would afford to its ground troops.
    Ah, I see what you mean now. Embarassed

Post  Guest Sun May 15, 2016 8:34 am

Two gems came out recently:
    Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict - Page 10 Image10
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Sun May 15, 2016 4:45 pm

Project Canada wrote:

Eight Turkish military personnel have died in combat with Kurdish rebels and in a subsequent helicopter crash near the country's border with Iraq

A military helicopter sent to the area to support the soldiers later crashed, killing its two pilots, the military said, adding that the crash was due to a technical fault.

AP report

Yes, being shot down with Manpads is a result of Technical failure Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Stupid MSM, im pretty sure if it was a Russian chopper the whole footage will be all over the page more than the ads Rolling Eyes
    Pretty standard for the Turkish government. The media even released a fake old video of a helicopter crashing.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun May 15, 2016 5:45 pm

It is indeed a super Cobra and the Kurds hit it after it had fired its BGM-71's on Kurdish positions...

http://lostarmour.info/turkey/item.php?id=11529

Also a new fast food chain is about to open in Erbil to compete with the recently unveiled Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) outlet. Sources say it will be named Kurdish Fried Turkey (KFT).

Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Sun May 15, 2016 9:36 pm

^^^ Did the PKK had those Igla capablity before? Or is it a recent addition?

Project Canada wrote:

AP report

-Tf3RwwJ00I

How dare you question the MSM like the AP?
    Loosing the tail is definitely a technical failure, the cause of which vary. Wink
    They all learn such stuff from their murican masters who have a trackrecord of cashes in an operational theatre due to technical failures.
    par far

Post  par far Sun May 15, 2016 11:03 pm

VladimirSahin wrote:Poor pilots, as much as I still want revenge for them shooting our plane down it's sad to know they just ripped to pieces.

It is not sad to see them the Turks ripped to pieces, these asshole Turkes supported crimes against Syria and now they are getting a taste of thier own medicine.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon May 16, 2016 2:04 pm

Attack on Turkish post

12 dead. They lost one guy due to CAS action. Some one took care that CAS wouldn't be a problem.

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Mon May 16, 2016 4:55 pm

I hope Russia/Iran share with Kurds intel where manpads/agtms for "moderates" are stored... then what Turks can say? what came weapons from Smile
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict - Page 10 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Fri May 20, 2016 12:30 am

i think its time to secretly arm the Kurds with old stock Sa-7, Sa-14, Sa,16, and some AT-4, AT-5, and see how the turks like it, i have no sympathy for the pilots.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri May 20, 2016 8:57 am

d_taddei2 wrote:i think its time to secretly arm the Kurds with old stock Sa-7, Sa-14, Sa,16, and some AT-4, AT-5, and see how the turks like it, i have no sympathy for the pilots.

Even at the height of the tensions between Kurds and Turks, they were never given more than a few samples. All appearances of Strela/Igla have always been statements. Don't go that way or we'll shut your sky off. I don't think thus that MORE Iglas would go their way. ATGM's is a whole other deal. But what they need above all is ammo and coms.
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Sat May 28, 2016 1:46 pm

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun May 29, 2016 11:31 am

calm wrote:

oops looks like a bit more explosives then this MRAP was designed for Twisted Evil

unfortunately not the whole convoy. i wonder if 9M14 Malyutka would be enough agile to hit MRAP in motion?
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Sun May 29, 2016 6:02 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    calm wrote:

oops looks like a bit more explosives then this MRAP was designed for Twisted Evil

unfortunately not the whole convoy. i wonder if 9M14 Malyutka would be enough agile to hit MRAP in motion?

If my Turkish hasn't rusted up, it says 5 soldiers dead and 8 wounded from the MRAP.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun May 29, 2016 7:20 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    calm wrote:

Armored cell took it well, but it allegedly still killed 5 guys inside and wounded seriously all the rest, 4 in life threatening conditions.

Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict - Page 10 CjoRrUWWYAApz4M

Kurdish [PKK,YPG]–Turkish conflict - Page 10 CjoRrfjXAAAP02n

Last edited by KoTeMoRe on Sun May 29, 2016 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:06 am