Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+62
Khepesh
Bolt
whir
Kyo
Akula971
archangelski
Honesroc
MOPO3
Book.
mutantsushi
Vann7
chicken
auslander
higurashihougi
partizan
Walther von Oldenburg
kvs
galicije83
XTX-Horus
Cowboy's daughter
Godric
calripson
KoTeMoRe
alexZam
PapaDragon
macedonian
Morpheus Eberhardt
franco
Mefesto
TheGeorgian
Dima
fragmachine
par far
Alex555
Werewolf
Shadåw
Cyberspec
sepheronx
2SPOOKY4U
medo
akd
Vympel
TheArmenian
George1
TR1
KomissarBojanchev
flamming_python
Viktor
max steel
magnumcromagnon
cracker
collegeboy16
zg18
Big_Gazza
GarryB
Mike E
Zivo
VladimirSahin
Cpt Caz
mack8
runaway
ult
66 posters

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

alexZam
    alexZam

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 7 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

Post  alexZam Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:48 am

Casual morning, having tea as usual... Very Happy
    Cpt Caz
    Cpt Caz

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 7 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

Post  Cpt Caz Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:25 pm

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 7 Vyg3ygi

Suspect
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:31 pm

Cpt Caz wrote:2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 7 Vyg3ygi

Suspect

Champions use heavy uber complicated redesign-prone set of metal. Don't you dare say I'm wrong, ask the US.

On side note, the rifle looks Uber.
    TheGeorgian
    TheGeorgian

Post  TheGeorgian Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:31 pm

Those are AN-94 Abakans, ammo is slightly angled to the right because of different feed mechanism. Relatively "new" rifle, has been around since the late 90s interesting concept, isn't produced anymore though.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:43 pm

TheGeorgian wrote:Those are AN-94 Abakans, ammo is slightly angled to the right because of different feed mechanism. Relatively "new" rifle, has been around since the late 90s interesting concept, isn't produced anymore though.

Mainly because they are overengineered and have a very complex interior life, but this glorious doublet salvo two nicely venomous 5.45x39mm rounds fired with 1800 RPM and the shooter won't feel the recoil of the first round untill the 2nd round is already on its way.

I mean were are trained to shoot doublets because that is most effecient way to fire aimly at a target and this slavo without recoil affecting the grouping of those rounds would be the real shit on any rifle. I do envy those guys.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:55 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    TheGeorgian wrote:Those are AN-94 Abakans, ammo is slightly angled to the right because of different feed mechanism. Relatively "new" rifle, has been around since the late 90s interesting concept, isn't produced anymore though.

Mainly because they are overengineered and have a very complex interior life, but this glorious doublet salvo two nicely venomous 5.45x39mm rounds fired with 1800 RPM and the shooter won't feel the recoil of the first round untill the 2nd round is already on its way.

I mean were are trained to shoot doublets because that is most effecient way to fire aimly at a target and this slavo without recoil affecting the grouping of those rounds would be the real shit on any rifle. I do envy those guys.

Nothing like a well aimed SVD shot won't cure. The whole double tap mythology has been disproved time after time in UBER Leet Nato combat cams with Thor-like hollywood-smile Spartans pelting single flesh and bone target with 15+ shots per trooper. But ehehe Time to Operate and all that toss.

The Abakan was a very interesting design that hit the bottleneck of Russian armed forces of the 90's. In the same manner the A-545 just hit the ceiling of Izhmash Lobbyin' "za Rodina" and will probably be like the AN albeit without all the issues the AN faced.

Larry Vickers shot the rifle and it jammed on him./

Check Larry Vickers-AN 94 and Larry Vickers AEK-971 on youtubeski

Gun is good, when it works.

I confess I'm partial to the AEK and Larry Vickers too obviously.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:49 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

Nothing like a well aimed SVD shot won't cure. The whole double tap mythology has been disproved time after time in UBER Leet Nato combat cams with Thor-like hollywood-smile Spartans pelting single flesh and bone target with 15+ shots per trooper. But ehehe Time to Operate and all that toss.

The Abakan was a very interesting design that hit the bottleneck of Russian armed forces of the 90's. In the same manner the A-545 just hit the ceiling of Izhmash Lobbyin' "za Rodina" and will probably be like the AN albeit without all the issues the AN faced.

I am not here to discuss the design of the AN.94, i said and i still stick to it, when you are not in the situation of Spray and praying which is 95% of the entire firefights than you have the remaining 5% of actually aiming and trying to hit something and for that situations from personal experience (simulation with ACTUS sim and maneuver ranges with moving targets)doublet shooting is among the best methods to hit your target without wasting your ammunition. In a firefight nobody is going to drop you ammunition from a plane, you have to maintain ammunition management especially since several fire fights can last for hours.

i am personally in favor of AEK aswell.

Last edited by Werewolf on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TheGeorgian
    TheGeorgian

Post  TheGeorgian Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:50 pm

Werewolf wrote:

I like the idea of doublet and triplet hyper burst and if I recall correctly the AN-94 is the only assault rifle containing the 2-round hyper burst mode and also the only one to be produced in large numbers. The spring and pull mechanisms are unique. Though I could be wrong but I can see how there would be issues with the pulley and steel cable in rural areas or with mud. Such a complex rifle would require regular maintenance during deployment.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:41 pm

I'm pretty sure those rifles will be put back into weapon lockers for good after this parade is over.
    But shit, Russians should pull the finger out when it comes to uniforms. This is fricking pathetic. One looks different from the other, looks cheap, camo sucks, nothing like awesome multilayer ratnik uniforms we seen in Crimea.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:51 pm

Regular wrote:I'm pretty sure those rifles will be put back into weapon lockers for good after this parade is over.
    But shit, Russians should pull the finger out when it comes to uniforms. This is fricking pathetic. One looks different from the other, looks cheap, camo sucks, nothing like awesome multilayer ratnik uniforms we seen in Crimea.
    Hyde....? Huhuehue
    cracker

Post  cracker Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:34 pm

wow!! being able to equip a whole "legion" of parade troops with AN-94 proves that this weapon is still going strong in armories and being used throughout the country... (by the way it was used by russian forces in crimea in march 2014, video proved it, so, it's more used than we think)

I love it, i'd love to see a modernised version with rails, etc...
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:21 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

I am not here to discuss the design of the AN.94, i said and i still stick to it, when you are not in the situation of Spray and praying which is 95% of the entire firefights than you have the remaining 5% of actually aiming and trying to hit something and for that situations from personal experience (simulation with ACTUS sim and maneuver ranges with moving targets)doublet shooting is among the best methods to hit your target without wasting your ammunition. In a firefight nobody is going to drop you ammunition from a plane, you have to maintain ammunition management especially since several fire fights can last for hours.

i am personally in favor of AEK aswell.

While I'm not doubting you a single moment, I'm just stating that although the double tap looks cool, in reality the basic combat MO applies everytime. For OPFOR clunker to take a dirt nap you need to hit center mass until the party is out of him.

So you see harder than steel SEALS litterally pump targets full of lead at the slightest occasion. It's not like I just double tapped the guy, I'm sure he's gone, no its pew pew pew until your guns goes click or/and target goes into three taps i'm out mode. That can be pretty long.

Rule N°XX Anything worth shooting, is worth shooting twice (or a gazillion). Ammo is cheap. Plus I'm sure that being a conservative shooter has saved lives in real conditions. There's always the dead man's gun and ammo to take.

So while firefight doctrine is fine with me, and the AN is a damn fine idea as it pumps MORE lead to your target, the reality catches (and catched) with it pretty fast.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:59 pm

Muscovites to See Weapons, Military Equipment Before May 9 Victory Parade
    TheGeorgian
    TheGeorgian

Post  TheGeorgian Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:45 am

George1 wrote:Muscovites to See Weapons, Military Equipment Before May 9 Victory Parade

Yo, take some photos for us plse if someone lives in Moscow !
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:35 am

I would have it in my collection but I think I would shoot it a couple of times and then just have it in my collection as a show piece.

I suspect it would be an interesting rifle to have but not very practical or user friendly to maintain.

the theory is that two shots increase the chance of at least one hit and that two hits increase the lethality of the wounds... two wound channels... double the bleeding area... more chance of shock induced death.. less chance for the bad guy to shoot back.

The whole double tap mythology has been disproved time after time in UBER Leet Nato combat cams with Thor-like hollywood-smile Spartans pelting single flesh and bone target with 15+ shots per trooper. But ehehe Time to Operate and all that toss.

The fact that in real combat many soldiers... even super trained NATO soldiers like to fire extended bursts rather than single shots just further reinforces the idea of a double tap... if two hits is good then 30 hits are better... Twisted Evil

Russian disinformation... they gave him a special Abakan designed to jam via remote control. The west will now underestimate the value of the AN-94 and will be dismissive of units armed with said weapon... which will now go on to annihilate NATO troops in their millions in the Ukraine...

Could say the same about any gun... including the Chauchat... when they work they are good.

How often do they work is the real question.

With the Abakan if it is tricky to service and a mistake in putting it back together can lead to problems of reliability then it can come down to training... insufficient training could lead to the weapon being considered unreliable...

Very valid point.. the purpose of the two shot function of the AN-94 is to increase kill probability and increase hit probability without raising ammo expenditure to an unacceptable level.

An aimed shot at a moving camouflaged target while potentially tired and hungry and indeed scared doesn't have an enormous chance of a hit... firing a second shot that will land within a 30cm radius or less of the first shot increases hit probability and also lethality of both rounds hit without emptying the mag in one trigger pull.

fairly sound logic.

The low recoil of the AK12 plus the 3 round burst function from a supported firing position is slightly more wasteful but also likely improves kill and hit probability to a useful level.

One looks different from the other, looks cheap, camo sucks, nothing like awesome multilayer ratnik uniforms we seen in Crimea.p

Over the next 3-4 years they will be deploying Ratnik... I don't think fixing the old uniforms in use now is or should be a high priority.

So you see harder than steel SEALS litterally pump targets full of lead at the slightest occasion. It's not like I just double tapped the guy, I'm sure he's gone, no its pew pew pew until your guns goes click or/and target goes into three taps i'm out mode. That can be pretty long.

You are missing the difference... with an M4 a long burst at the target means sight picture aim... then when you pull the trigger the gun will be rocking and rolling all over the place... so the first round will be heading towards the target and the rest will be scattered all over the area all around the target... not a bad thing... but not as efficient as aiming with the AN at the target and shooting two rounds with the second leaving the barrel before the recoil starts shifting your aim point... release the trigger re aim at the target and then fire again... two more rounds going towards the target rather than just its general vicinity.
    If you have no idea where the enemy is then you can always flick it to full auto and spray like an M4, but it is the... I can see the target and want to keep hitting him 2 shot mode that is at issue here and I think it would be useful.

As long as everyone realises that we are not talking about two bullets making one hole in the target... that would not increase lethality or hit probability... you would either hit the target with both rounds or miss the target with both rounds which does not increase hit or kill probability.... but would be impressive.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:51 am

TheGeorgian wrote:
    George1 wrote:Muscovites to See Weapons, Military Equipment Before May 9 Victory Parade

Never thought of it really, but do we have a Москвич on this board?
    I know FP is from Saint Pete, but don't know of anyone from Moscow.

& what TheGeorgian said: would be great if someone takes a few pics to post here.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:57 am

macedonian wrote:
    TheGeorgian wrote:

& what TheGeorgian said: would be great if someone takes a few pics to post here.

FP, as in flammingpython? I didn't know he was from St. Petersburg, Florida... Cool
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:37 am

GarryB wrote:

I would have it in my collection but I think I would shoot it a couple of times and then just have it in my collection as a show piece.

I suspect it would be an interesting rifle to have but not very practical or user friendly to maintain.

the theory is that two shots increase the chance of at least one hit and that two hits increase the lethality of the wounds... two wound channels... double the bleeding area... more chance of shock induced death.. less chance for the bad guy to shoot back.

The whole double tap mythology has been disproved time after time in UBER Leet Nato combat cams with Thor-like hollywood-smile Spartans pelting single flesh and bone target with 15+ shots per trooper. But ehehe Time to Operate and all that toss.

The fact that in real combat many soldiers... even super trained NATO soldiers like to fire extended bursts rather than single shots just further reinforces the idea of a double tap... if two hits is good then 30 hits are better...   Twisted Evil

Russian disinformation... they gave him a special Abakan designed to jam via remote control. The west will now underestimate the value of the AN-94 and will be dismissive of units armed with said weapon... which will now go on to annihilate NATO troops in their millions in the Ukraine...

Could say the same about any gun... including the Chauchat... when they work they are good.

How often do they work is the real question.

With the Abakan if it is tricky to service and a mistake in putting it back together can lead to problems of reliability then it can come down to training... insufficient training could lead to the weapon being considered unreliable...

Very valid point.. the purpose of the two shot function of the AN-94 is to increase kill probability and increase hit probability without raising ammo expenditure to an unacceptable level.

An aimed shot at a moving camouflaged target while potentially tired and hungry and indeed scared doesn't have an enormous chance of a hit... firing a second shot that will land within a 30cm radius or less of the first shot increases hit probability and also lethality of both rounds hit without emptying the mag in one trigger pull.

fairly sound logic.

The low recoil of the AK12 plus the 3 round burst function from a supported firing position is slightly more wasteful but also likely improves kill and hit probability to a useful level.

One looks different from the other, looks cheap, camo sucks, nothing like awesome multilayer ratnik uniforms we seen in Crimea.p

Over the next 3-4 years they will be deploying Ratnik... I don't think fixing the old uniforms in use now is or should be a high priority.

You are missing the difference... with an M4 a long burst at the target means sight picture aim... then when you pull the trigger the gun will be rocking and rolling all over the place... so the first round will be heading towards the target and the rest will be scattered all over the area all around the target... not a bad thing... but not as efficient as aiming with the AN at the target and shooting two rounds with the second leaving the barrel before the recoil starts shifting your aim point... release the trigger re aim at the target and then fire again... two more rounds going towards the target rather than just its general vicinity.
    If you have no idea where the enemy is then you can always flick it to full auto and spray like an M4, but it is the... I can see the target and want to keep hitting him 2 shot mode that is at issue here and I think it would be useful.

As long as everyone realises that we are not talking about two bullets making one hole in the target... that would not increase lethality or hit probability... you would either hit the target with both rounds or miss the target with both rounds which does not increase hit or kill probability.... but would be impressive.

You misunderstood me? I'm talking about single shots sent downrange onto the target. There is a very good reason why the US military first thought of the three round burst and then simply got rid of it because it offered nothing over the Semi/Auto selector and good awareness of the man at arms.

And as I said, the AN is a great idea that simply lacked execution and a military that would bet is pants on it. Similarly the A-545 is the better rifle vs the upcoming AK-12 simply not worth the retooling for the benefit (and lobying) of that small difference.

On the same point, the twice the lead with minimum shift is good, but the execution of the rifle is rather "complicated". The rifles were extensively "conscriptized" and they were found problematic. Everything was to be changed or taught to the exact contrary. The whole blindfolded reassembly was gone, KISS was gone and that for the benefit of laser like accuracy and tandem lead poisoning on random durka-durka idiot somewhere in Ingush rear country.

So the specialized nature of the gun made it a niche product that will be more and more superfluous with the AEK/AK103-4 modernization.

And the AN does provide the closest thing to the two girls one cup, brain mush edition on its current form. The rifle is a very good idea and I would like it to be refined and fielded. Because the recoil is out of this world. And the looks are wicked.
    alexZam
    alexZam

Post  alexZam Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:19 pm

Famous Alabino base. International "guests" slowly, but surely flooding in.

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 7 XGXXOh3SmV8
    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 7 Hq6UQI7FCNI
    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 7 VM48VmOnhgc
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:58 pm

Middle is the Mongolian army?
    alexZam
    alexZam

Post  alexZam Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:08 am

flamming_python wrote:Middle is the Mongolian army?
    Not too sure, but most likely. Oh, well.. judging by their camo - Mongolians. dunno
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:43 am

Pretty sure they're Mongolians...

Indians (so the initial report was correct)
    Mongolians
    Chinese
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:07 am

macedonian wrote:
    TheGeorgian wrote:

Huh. Biggest city in the country bay far, and only I am from Moscow on this forum?

Damn.
    alexZam
    alexZam

Post  alexZam Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:36 am

TR1 wrote:
    macedonian wrote:
    TheGeorgian wrote:

Huh. Biggest city in the country bay far, and only I am from Moscow on this forum?

Damn.

I was born in Moscow. However my parents moved when I was 4 y.o. But I visit Moscow 1-3 times a year. Sometimes with wife+kids.   I guess we will see some more Armata/Kurganets/Boomerang, wrapped in tarp, certainly. Seems they as usual moved all gear to Hodynka. One of my fav area in Moscow, close to Strogino, Serenryanij Bor  and Tushino. Last time I was in that area that Mall next to Hodynka ex-airfield and that new huge Spartak stadium were not complete yet. I presume they finally finished it.

So i guess, even mall visitors should see those military gear over the fence now. Smile
    calripson

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 7 Empty China

Post  calripson Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:35 am

Looks like China brought their basketball team.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:32 am