Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+44
miketheterrible
thegopnik
lyle6
Scorpius
SeigSoloyvov
The-thing-next-door
Kimppis
xeno
HUNTER VZLA
syunsan
Walther von Oldenburg
DTA
Boshoed
PapaDragon
max steel
Arctic_Fox
Sunbeam
Vann7
Book.
2SPOOKY4U
Regular
OminousSpudd
Airbornewolf
Zivo
collegeboy16
flamming_python
Manov
VladimirSahin
Morpheus Eberhardt
As Sa'iqa
CosPetia
NationalRus
KomissarBojanchev
magnumcromagnon
AlfaT8
higurashihougi
Mike E
Werewolf
Viktor
GarryB
TR1
Admin
Stealthflanker
sepheronx
48 posters

Video Games Thread

Mike E
    Mike E

Video Games Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Video Games Thread

Post  Mike E Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm

TR1 wrote:Gimme a few days- I will watch it but I am absolutely swamped with work for the next ~48 hours.

It is too bad I sold my Roomba, that would be a fun combo.

You don't have a VK4502P do you? I just got one, did the whole line essentially for this monster.

It is slow, its firepower is meh, its akward.....but that front....best in the game.
    Understood, I'm not trying to force you to watch em' or anything. 

+1

Not as of right now, but I'm thinking of grinding one of the two German in not Soviet heavy tank lines. - I already have the t-34, from there I could go to the -85, and then the KV-13, which takes me to the IS.

Even the Roomba has trouble with that thing.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:06 pm

Mike E wrote:
    TR1 wrote:Gimme a few days- I will watch it but I am absolutely swamped with work for the next ~48 hours.

It is too bad I sold my Roomba, that would be a fun combo.

You don't have a VK4502P do you? I just got one, did the whole line essentially for this monster.

It is slow, its firepower is meh, its akward.....but that front....best in the game.
    Understood, I'm not trying to force you to watch em' or anything. 

+1

Not as of right now, but I'm thinking of grinding one of the two German in not Soviet heavy tank lines. - I already have the t-34, from there I could go to the -85, and then the KV-13, which takes me to the IS.

Even the Roomba has trouble with that thing.
    Meanshile I'm grinding credits to get the Obj.140. Can't wait to mince some borsigs with that thing. I personally prefer playing the 30s soviet tanks(T-28 and BT-7 are my favorites and I also have the highest WR on them) as it brings the feeling of beating back alternate history western imperial invasion of the USSR.

BTW I bought back a T-34 for credit farming, but it's surprisingly more sluggish than I remembered yet it's completely upgraded. I'm still having trouble with it, meanwhile I very much enjoyed the crusader which acts more like medium than a light.

I'm also mastering the ELC AMX. I love it. It's one the best troll tanks in the game.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:58 pm

KomissarBojanchev wrote:Meanshile I'm grinding credits to get the Obj.140. Can't wait to mince some borsigs with that thing. I personally prefer playing the 30s soviet tanks(T-28 and BT-7 are my favorites and I also have the highest WR on them) as it brings the feeling of beating back alternate history western imperial invasion of the USSR.

BTW I bought back a T-34 for credit farming, but it's surprisingly more sluggish than I remembered yet it's completely upgraded. I'm still having trouble with it, meanwhile I very much enjoyed the crusader which acts more like medium than a light.

I'm also mastering the ELC AMX. I love it. It's one the best troll tanks in the game.
    140 is one of the better high-tier mediums, I'll probably grind it eventually. - Never, EVER, get into a gun fight with a Borsig... It will end in disaster unless you trade HP with him, in which case he is screwed.

The T-34 has had its mobility nerfed in the past, but with the top equipment it is fast *enough*. 

It is troll, but not as troll as my 1c......
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:19 am

Here is another good replay.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1444053#report
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:03 am

I've grown to love my -85, the thing is as master of flanking and trolling alike! It has a great gun for its tier, is super fast + mobile + quick turret, is somewhat stealthy, and while it's armor is nothing special, it is easy to angle and can bounce if I'm the right hands (I just love it when an enemy medium takes a shot right at my frontal hull from a angle, and I further angle it + reverse.... And it bounces! So satisfying, and the rather quick rate of fire allows you to engage that opponent head on without much worry... It, along with the T-34 before, really are some of the most noob friendly tanks in WoT. And, with its high top speed and decent weight, it is a good rammer. - I'm grinding to the T-54 via the -85 and it's successors.

I've also been playing the Luchs, which is the biggest troll with its ridiculous mobility and the top 3 cm auto cannon. 

My Rhoomba is good as ever, and I've finally unlocked the Waffle IV, I just need the credits to buy it. With exterior camo, a fully camo + repair trained crew, sixth sense, a camo net and binocs, the camo rating and view range are super overpowered, which is fine by me...Twisted Evil
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:55 pm

I'm playing the cromwell meanwhile, and I think it's much better than the T-34-85 because:
    1.It's lower
    2. Much better speed. That's what matters for a medium, whatever few millimeters better armor the 85 has are useless against 95% of the tanks it encounters.
    3. the 75mm has much better accuracy and slightly better pen, better ROF although the aim time is hideous, but the 85mm is even worse in all areas except alpha damage, but that doesn't bother me since it doesn't suit my playstyle

Unfortunately the next tier 7 mediums that are unlocked through both the 85 and cromwell are a nightmare to play I've heard, although the comet is still supposedly slightly better than this crap on tracks T-43(fortunately I grinded it before they removed it's D-10T gun)
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:54 pm

Cromwell is going to be nerfed from what I hear.
    A friend of mine (Russian speaking American curiously enough) has almost 10k battles on the T-34/85 and swears by it. The guy has over 46k battles total btw, one of the most on NA server :O .

I mostly play high tier meds though: Batchat, Obj 140, Fatton, E-50M, and I just recently got the tier 9 Jap. Well, a month ago recently, I still have had no time play in a while. I'll probably be back in the game in late Jan, I'll shoot you a friend request then Mike.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:25 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:I'm playing the cromwell meanwhile, and I think it's much better than the T-34-85 because:
    1.It's lower
    2. Much better speed. That's what matters for a medium, whatever few millimeters better armor the 85 has are useless against 95% of the tanks it encounters.
    3. the 75mm has much better accuracy and slightly better pen, better ROF although the aim time is hideous, but the 85mm is even worse in all areas except alpha damage, but that doesn't bother me since it doesn't suit my playstyle

Unfortunately the next tier 7 mediums that are unlocked through both the 85 and cromwell are a nightmare to play I've heard, although the comet is still supposedly slightly better than this crap on tracks T-43(fortunately I grinded it before they removed it's D-10T gun)
    The Cromwell is (in my opinion) overpowered, so we'll see if they nerf it or not. The main disadvantage of it vs. the -85 is the even worse armor, at least you can bounce the -85's sloped armor.

That is true, both of the grinds pretty much suck. 

@TR1

It is a legend to the older players from what I've heard. 

Don't even have a single high-tier medium, but the T-54 is in my cross hairs.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:40 pm

OK... This was the luckiest I've ever been in WoT...

http://wotreplays.com/site/1483806#ruinberg-patton501-t-43

I mean, come on...  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:55 am

I just got steel wall and cool headed in my *T-44*.... - Which I love BTW, it is fast (even with the stock engine), mobile (turns very well), and as proven by the steel wall + cool headed, it has acceptable armor. Currently I'm only at the first 100 mm (D-10t) but I'm close to getting the much improved LB-1. From there I'll go engines, radio, and then off to the T-54! - I'll be keeping the T-44 as well, it is basically a T-34-85 at tier 8 with better armor for its tier (153 mm equivalent in the upper glacis.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:15 pm

The T-44 is one of the shittier T8 mediums. Although it's speed is good and it's armor can bounce an occasional T6 shot, it fails to compensate for other massive faults:
    1. Piss poor gun depression.
    2. Crappy modules
    3. its the T8 medium with the weakest gun of all of them. Reasonably good RoF and accuracy fail to compensate for the inability to penetrate the sides of even some T8-9 tanks(british TDs and E-75 come to mind)

The LB-1 is visibly longer than the D-10 so it should definately get buffed to have something like 190mm pen, or just add the M-63 for it.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:23 pm

KomissarBojanchev wrote:The T-44 is one of the shittier T8 mediums. Although it's speed is good and it's armor can bounce an occasional T6 shot, it fails to compensate for other massive faults:
    1. Piss poor gun depression.
    2. Crappy modules
    3. its the T8 medium with the weakest gun of all of them. Reasonably good RoF and accuracy fail to compensate for the inability to penetrate the sides of even some T8-9 tanks(british TDs and E-75 come to mind)

The LB-1 is visibly longer than the D-10 so it should definately get buffed to have something like 190mm pen, or just add the M-63 for it.
    I completely disagree...

The gun depression is bad but usable, and the elevation is great as on most Soviet mediums (its gun depression is close to -6 with the LB-1 which isn't terribad).

Yes... It takes **** crew/module damage, but it's a medium and you should have a good repair crew anyway. All mediums have **** module and crew damage. Ammo-racking isn't as bad as it once was either. 

You can pen the side of almost anything, so I don't know what you're getting at with that statement. The E75 only has 120 side armor....

It is fine, remember the T-44 is built for getting around the sides and rear of other mediums, it doesn't need a high pen gun for that.

IMHO it is the best Tier 8 medium based on its flanking ability alone.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:40 am

Just played a game in my terrible stock MT-25, with Capt. Canada on my team if any of you know who he is...
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:56 am

Been playing a lot of Nistalgia gaming. I have a bunch of old games I purchased on the PS3's PS Network that I used to play back in the 90s (Super Nintendo and PS1). So I decided to give them a go again: Final Fantasy 6 and 7, Legend of Dragoon, Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3, Silent Hill 1, Parasite Eve, etc. Now my PS3 controller is broken (my daughter dropped it, broke the R2 key, and I tried to fix it....) so while I wait to purchase another controller, I have been playing 7 Days to Die on PC. Good game actually, a minecraft game but with zombies and they are actually quite difficult. There is no Pay to Win either in it.
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:43 am

Silent hill is a scary game I will admit especially silent hill homecoming... Do you guys have any suggestions as to what other horror games are scary for PS3 or PC? Very Happy
    Manov
    Manov

Post  Manov Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:12 am

Amnesia the dark descent.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:26 am

VladimirSahin wrote:Silent hill is a scary game I will admit especially silent hill homecoming... Do you guys have any suggestions as to what other horror games are scary for PS3 or PC? Very Happy

Horror type games haven't really scared me much in recent past, but I would say Amnesia is a good horror game, same with Outlast. Resident Evil 1 has been remade and is currently on PC for $20 on steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/304240/

Silent Hill 2 was my absolute favorite Silent Hill Game (I have Downpour and couldn't finish it. Was not really good imo. Looking forward to Silent Hills for the new consoles (gotta buy the new console first though)).

If you have PS4, try out PT:

It is a playable trailer and if you finish the puzzle correctly, you will get the secret trailer to the next Silent Hill game. Although, video is a spoiler so....Warning.

The Dead Space games are also pretty good too. Although, I have not played the second or third installment. There are moments where it is scary. The First FEAR game was also pretty creepy too.

I just purchased H1Z1 for PC, I will let you guys know with screenshots.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:17 am

Currently playing Skyrim, never finished the game just by the sheer amount of mods and how big the world is, trying to focus on storyline, get to easily distracted by exploring every corner and that takes a big while.

Also have Metal Gear Solid 5 GZ, i am very impressed with the FOX engine and the modding community tries it out and gets just started hope to see more with it when Phantom Pain comes out, good game btw, except it is a demo size.

Play also chivalry, mixed feelings, unfair as fuck, most servers don't implement level range cap to make it fair for players, the game has horrible matchmaking or better to say no autoblanance, meaning teams end up average level of players on one side with level 40-50 and on the other side 10-30, obviously which team will lose, the game mechanics are kind of nice idea but are constantly abused to a point that is just frustrating and just unfair against actually everyone, but at the same time the game mechanics are fun and the setting is nice and kind of a drug with side effects that have an effect on your anger outbursts.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:54 pm

Yup Nostalgia gaming for the win!

Been playing some PS1 games on my PSP too.
    PSP is actually the best console of the last 15 years as far as I'm concerned.. to as far back as the PS2, or maybe even N64/PS1/Saturn era.

Basically on my PSP - I play PS1 games, PSP games, SNES games, Mega Drive/Mega CD games, NES games, Master System/Game Gear, Game Boy/Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Neo Geo/Neo Geo CD, CPS-1/2 Arcade games on it.. as well as some homebrew stuff - for example Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem 3D and so on. Plenty of homebrew games for it actually.
    There are also Atari, Amiga, Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, Wonderswan, Neo Geo Pocket, etc... emulators if I ever get bored.

I played Resident Evil 1 over a year ago.. when I was younger I always too scared to go further than the first couple rooms. Now I got to the house in the garden with the giant plant in the basement that I just don't have the ammo to kill.. and I kinda gave up. But will go back to it eventually.
    Silent Hill 1's on my list to do.
    Currently blasting through Doom.. onto Final Doom now. I mention it because when I was younger I was scared as shit by it too. Nowadays its no longer scary but still a blast and a very challenging and varied one; hard to get bored with it because there is so much variety.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Silent hill 1 is far more difficult than Resident Evil 1 as the controls may be similar, they are clunky. Cant get past second part of the elementary school. Dropped it then. Parasite Eve was easy up till final boss. Good game and creepy.

Resident evil 1 was great but this is now the third remake of it. They need to remake RE2 where your Leon the first time. Found the old RE's to be quite scary compared to new ones. I heard the evil within is also pretty creepy too.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:11 pm

sepheronx wrote:Silent hill 1 is far more difficult than Resident Evil 1 as the controls may be similar, they are clunky. Cant get past second part of the elementary school. Dropped it then. Parasite Eve was easy up till final boss. Good game and creepy.

Resident evil 1 was great but this is now the third remake of it. They need to remake RE2 where your Leon the first time. Found the old RE's to be quite scary compared to new ones. I heard the evil within is also pretty creepy too.

AFAIK this Steam one is just the Gamecube remake but on PC. Or am I wrong?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:14 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Silent hill 1 is far more difficult than Resident Evil 1 as the controls may be similar, they are clunky. Cant get past second part of the elementary school. Dropped it then. Parasite Eve was easy up till final boss. Good game and creepy.

No, it was recently redone. New textures, HD effects and background textures, etc. This was redone for newer consoles and PC. I have the GC one somewhere, it does not look as nice as this new one. This one is available for PC, Xbox 360, one, ps3 and 4.

Last edited by sepheronx on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:15 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

No, it was recently redone. New textures, HD effects and background textures, etc. This was redone for newer consoles and PC.

Oh OK. Awesome. So what else is it being released on other than PC?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:17 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

No, it was recently redone. New textures, HD effects and background textures, etc. This was redone for newer consoles and PC.

You were quicker than my edit.

Its on PC, PS3 PS4, Xbox 360 and xbox one.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:22 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

You were quicker than my edit.

Its on PC, PS3 PS4, Xbox 360 and xbox one.

Nice. I only asked to satisfy my curiousity though - I don't actually own any of the futile game systems in question (apart from the PC).

Between my PC Laptop, PSP and Android tablet - I pretty much got everything sorted. I'm gonna try out some PS2 emulation with my Laptop later on - if it suceeds then I basically have every system covered that I need to.
    Hook up all that stuff to a projector, 5.1 surround sound system, bluetooth controller and I'm golden Cool

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:17 pm