Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+44
miketheterrible
thegopnik
lyle6
Scorpius
SeigSoloyvov
The-thing-next-door
Kimppis
xeno
HUNTER VZLA
syunsan
Walther von Oldenburg
DTA
Boshoed
PapaDragon
max steel
Arctic_Fox
Sunbeam
Vann7
Book.
2SPOOKY4U
Regular
OminousSpudd
Airbornewolf
Zivo
collegeboy16
flamming_python
Manov
VladimirSahin
Morpheus Eberhardt
As Sa'iqa
CosPetia
NationalRus
KomissarBojanchev
magnumcromagnon
AlfaT8
higurashihougi
Mike E
Werewolf
Viktor
GarryB
TR1
Admin
Stealthflanker
sepheronx
48 posters

Video Games Thread

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Video Games Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Video Games Thread

Post  Werewolf Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:40 pm

You should try Super Power 2 it has 3 trees which you have to maintain political, economical and military, you can balance your state budget over taxes or reducing funds into social, military or politics and pay off debts or develope your country and then build up ABM shield and ICBMs and conqure the planet.
    You can design from a small lego like pool own jets,tanks, sams,helicopters,ships and submarines and depending on how much you fund R&D in armor,firepower,missile technology etc the specifics will upgrade over time faster or slower.
    You can make false flag operations or embargoo countries and destabilize them, but it doesn't work well if you are the only country who is sanctioning countries, you can take assassinations on politicians or just simple civilians as a flase flag, chances are still high that you get captured and relations fall if you are a weak country will encourage war if you are strong not much will happen.

Here some pics.

This is total nuclear response you can do it anytime but anyone that is attack by nukes will retaliate with almost 100% arsenal, but you can make alliances with countries and let them build ABMs like NATO does right now.

Video Games Thread - Page 2 1297161-800px_russia_nuking_us__start_of_wwiii

Here some military vehicles, you can either buy off from the world market which are mostly old or build new or even ask countries to build for you but you need good relations to have that option, you can also sell your equipment but most of the time no one will buy.
    Video Games Thread - Page 2 SP2-Military

You can also invest in domestic market to run up specific production goods but it is somekind buggy or not well calculated because it will ruine you if you do it several times in short time for same products, you can also lower taxes on import and export that will piss off some countries and you make money.
    Video Games Thread - Page 2 EUscreen1

You can annex countries, if you have big warships or nukes you can target to attack military targets or civilian population, you can try to wipe out nations but nuking small countries with 1000 nukes will not kill entire population it reduces after few nukes only some small portion of the population, but very effective against military.

You can form off alliances, you can pay debts of other countries to better singnificantly the relations if you want to farm alliance, declaring war out of nowhere always worsens relations with all countries, so you need a well planned and successful false flag operations.
    Video Games Thread - Page 2 BugKVlLHdvnhfasdimQ9FTS7Erc

I recommend it because it has more things to it than DEFCON.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:57 am

Hmmm, I'll have to check it out. To be honest, DEFCON's simple game-play is what makes it, but it would be cool to go more in depth so....
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:38 am

Mike E wrote:Hmmm, I'll have to check it out. To be honest, DEFCON's simple game-play is what makes it, but it would be cool to go more in depth so....

You don't need to play it overcomplecated, except if you chose some small and weak country then world domination will be much harder task. Powerful nations become quick Superpowers and can develope technologies far easier and quicker.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:46 am

Mike E wrote:Me nuking Africa...

Video Games Thread - Page 2 Defcon11
    Video Games Thread - Page 2 DEFCON
    Video Games Thread - Page 2 DEFCONVideo Games Thread - Page 2 DEFCON

Mike E...Curing Ebola, one megadeath at a time!
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:32 am

Command and Conquer Rise of the Reds video clip: Russia vs USA

This is not my playing (of course, because my laptop is too weak to play RotR)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IVuSC4ZT4Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1ciSccVd_8

Look at the shape of the Battle Map Twisted Evil
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:41 am

loved to play superpower 1 and 2, but to bad since i got windows 7 it doesnt work

in the moment just started alien isolation, that shit is scary, kinda like dead space was
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:24 am

Evil Within reviews:

Looks like the game is worked out very well, and it seems that the game is a true successor of Resident Evil classic.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:47 am

Just started to play World of Tanks, I'm going the Soviet path of course!

Anyone else play it? 

I'll post some screens.
    As Sa'iqa

Video Games Thread - Page 2 Empty Combat Mission: Black Sea

Post  As Sa'iqa Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:36 am

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=335&Itemid=579
    I must buy it when it comes out.

I just think they need a completely new engine urgently. Earlier instalments had roughly 2005-2006 level graphics, yet my pretty good 2009 PC is unable to run them even on medium details.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:25 pm

Mike E wrote:Just started to play World of Tanks, I'm going the Soviet path of course!

Anyone else play it? 

I'll post some screens.

When I have time I play WoT - T-54 is the weapon of my choice Very Happy
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:46 pm

Viktor wrote:
    Mike E wrote:Just started to play World of Tanks, I'm going the Soviet path of course!

Anyone else play it? 

I'll post some screens.

When I have time I play WoT - T-54 is the weapon of my choice Very Happy
    Unfortunately I'm not that far into it... Just started to play a couple of days ago. 

As of right now, I'm using the T-80 (not the one most people think of), the SU-85B (my personal favorite vehicle), and the SU-26 (artillery). 

If anyone else plays, I'd love to join your platoon etc. Patton501 is my username (created the account years ago hence the name).
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Looks pretty good... 

You can always put this into the game thread.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:35 pm

Two of the most iconic Soviet heavy tanks for gamers:

Video Games Thread - Page 2 Sovietapocalypse

Video Games Thread - Page 2 B_tesla
    Armament:
    CosPetia

Video Games Thread - Page 2 Empty New strategy and war game project needs your opinion

Post  CosPetia Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:11 pm

War Cabinet – new strategy and war game currently in development

Dear friends,

We would like to ask for your comments and opinion regarding a new strategy and war game project, called War Cabinet.

The game will put you in the army commander's role during a War that takes place in the late 80s – 90s of XX century. Watching the news and the same topics are being discussed again and again: There is an escalating tension in Marutia! Mass riots erupted in the big cities and the government seems to be losing control of the situation.

Armed insurgent groups are freely roaming the country. Police stations and governments buildings have been captured and burned. Marutia does not have armed forces to fight back these gangs and anarchy is spreading across the country.

To make things even worse in this delicate situation both Ortia and Girdia claim to be the rightful protector of the people of Marutia and are offering military support...For centuries the two countries have coexisted peacefully… now the houses are more divided than ever…

War Cabinet will be played in two different modes: Single and Multiplayer Campaign or different battles scenarios. It will use pause-able real time planning system to offer full strategic and tactical flexibility.

Some of War Cabinet screenshots:

Video Games Thread - Page 2 Attack-Helicopter-Level-2

Video Games Thread - Page 2 M60A3Tank

Video Games Thread - Page 2 SPAAG_Radar

So what do you think? If you want to read more please visit: www . warcabinet. net.
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:27 pm

Look up Modern Warfare mod for HoI3 http://www.moddb.com/mods/hearts-of-iron-3-modern-warfare

That mod is great, currently in beta stage and 5th beta will be released on 15th december.

Basically HoI3 with one difference that instead of playing ww2, you play from 2001 to 2020. Currently everything is done by one Israeli guy and he's looking for help in creating orders of battle and also for programmers.

Look at screenshots:
    Video Games Thread - Page 2 HoI3_1.1
    Video Games Thread - Page 2 HoI3_2.1
    Video Games Thread - Page 2 HoI3_10
    Video Games Thread - Page 2 HoI3_7
    Video Games Thread - Page 2 HoI3_9
    Video Games Thread - Page 2 HEADER7
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:13 pm

Video Games Thread - Page 2 ?plugin=ref&page=Rhm.-Borsig%20Waffentrager&src=Rhm12cm_v5
    This is my new monster in WoT, love it like ****.

- Rhm. Borsig-Waffentrager if anyone wants to know. It would of been the "coolest" vehicle of WW2 had it been built.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:35 pm

Yeah the Roomba is OP as hell. The 12.8 is superb but to be honest I prefer the 15cm, just for lulz and dat alpha.

I got the tier 9 Waffle recently, haven't had to play it much though. Not nearly as much fun with the stock 12.8 as the RHM, and the first 15cm is a non starter at tier 9 (I don't use gold). Looking foreward to the long 12.8 though, that gun was amazing on the JT.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:52 am

TR1 wrote:Yeah the Roomba is OP as hell. The 12.8 is superb but to be honest I prefer the 15cm, just for lulz and dat alpha.

I got the tier 9 Waffle recently, haven't had to play it much though. Not nearly as much fun with the stock 12.8 as the RHM, and the first 15cm is a non starter at tier 9 (I don't use gold). Looking foreward to the long 12.8 though, that gun was amazing on the JT.
    The way I see is this; the camo and guns are OP, but the lack of armor and somewhat limited mobility balance it out. TD's deserve to be OP IMHO, just cause camo and map positions for TD's have been nerfed and removed respectively. 

Nice, I want to stick with the Borsig for its lower profile and better camo rating, though the IV has a nasty gun selection...  Twisted Evil

- I'm grinding the 150, but I'll most likely stick with the 128 for the RoF, DPM, and better pen. 

I'm almost at 100% camo on my crew, except for the commander who is getting sixth sense. That plus a camo net, binocs (have both), and external camo setup and it will be invisible to all!  Twisted Evil

Gotta say though, the Soviet TD's aren't too bad either.... I gave up my ISU, but only to get the Roomba.

If you ever want to platoon up, just find my profile (Patton501). I'd love to troll some opponents with our Waffles. Very Happy
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:22 am

You are on the NA server, correct?

I'll upload some replays or something if I can.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:51 am

Yep I am on NA, I'll add you next time I am on. A bit busy these days, but I come on and off the game.

Damn thing always draws me back after a pause- feels a waste to get all my tier 10s and then never play them.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:11 pm

TR1 wrote:Yep I am on NA, I'll add you next time I am on. A bit busy these days, but I come on and off the game.

Damn thing always draws me back after a pause- feels a waste to get all my tier 10s and then never play them.
    What I figured... After all, you live in the "great" and "exciting" state of Oregon!

Tier 10 game-play has turned into ****. I'm sticking with tier 8 for now.

It would be cool to play with you!

Any other players on RMF?
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:57 pm

Here is a link to a replay of WoT; http://wotreplays.com/site/1420883#himmelsdorf-patton501-rhm_-borsig_waffentr_ger

I'll upload some more.  Very Happy Nice that this game allows such recording.

- Keep in mind you have to download these replays.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:41 am

TR1, what do you think of this game? Best yet in the Waffle.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1421515#sand_river-patton501-rhm_-borsig_waffentr_ger
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 am

Gimme a few days- I will watch it but I am absolutely swamped with work for the next ~48 hours.

It is too bad I sold my Roomba, that would be a fun combo.

You don't have a VK4502P do you? I just got one, did the whole line essentially for this monster.

It is slow, its firepower is meh, its akward.....but that front....best in the game.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:37 am

TR1 wrote:... I am absolutely swamped with work for the next ~48 hours.

Off Topic

What kind of profession are you in?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 pm