Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+95
nomadski
ALAMO
flamming_python
Dr.Snufflebug
kvs
higurashihougi
GarryB
mnztr
JohninMK
lyle6
sepheronx
Walther von Oldenburg
Begome
Firebird
lancelot
thegopnik
Rodion_Romanovic
Broski
Scorpius
caveat emptor
Krepost
Arrow
limb
ATLASCUB
Azi
sundoesntrise
TMA1
Mindstorm
Sujoy
nero
Yugo90
Backman
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
elconquistador
Hole
miketheterrible
ultimatewarrior
Isos
arpakola
Grazneyar
Werewolf
Odin of Ossetia
par far
AlfaT8
d_taddei2
medo
KiloGolf
NationalRus
Rodinazombie
Zivo
Kadmos45
Armenian
SturmGuard
mack8
Neutrality
OminousSpudd
Dima
franco
Godric
marat
Akula971
Vann7
ExBeobachter1987
Svyatoslavich
zorobabel
VladimirSahin
PapaDragon
TheGeorgian
KoTeMoRe
calm
Khepesh
Project Canada
max steel
HUNTER VZLA
Heartbeer
Kyo
T055
George1
Morpheus Eberhardt
Hannibal Barca
POKL
magnumcromagnon
TR1
Regular
zg18
etaepsilonk
AttilaA
Cyberspec
TheArmenian
Admin
Ogannisyan8887
Viktor
Turk1
DoubleEagle
Russian Patriot
99 posters

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict]

Armenian
    Armenian

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 14 Empty Re: Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict]

Post  Armenian Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:02 pm

According to the Armenian MoD due the Russian effort a ceasefire is in effect right now.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 14 Empty Re: Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict]

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:09 pm

AttilaA wrote:And now you are an expert on Azerbaijani military? Azerbaijan signed a deal worth $1.6 billion with IAI back in 2012. A few of them indeed.

When you lose a whole stick of SoF, you probably aren't an expert either...by you, I'm talking about the Az MoD.

Hahahaahhahah 1.6 billion for the whole complement, including AAS/UAV4s/AMD part of which are the 500K USD Orbiter or the million USD Thunder B....But yeah, sure given how you shoot them on your own...you'll need the whole 1.6 billion. This is so bratish, I can't even understand how you can breathe through your mouth...
    AttilaA

Post  AttilaA Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:14 pm

Orbiter and ThunderB are made by different companies. I wrote "with IAI", not Israel.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:33 pm

AttilaA wrote:Orbiter and ThunderB are made by different companies. I wrote "with IAI", not Israel.

... Yes, my bad. The problem...the IAI items are even more expensive. Starting by the Harpy/Harop costing almost a million (Turkish Contract 2006). Herons and Searchers are also mad expensive...Throw in there the rest of the assets and you're well within a potent but modest surveillance suite.

The fact you contracted for the tactical UAV's like the ThunderB and Orbiter is testament to the actual problem. Also the 2006 Turkish contract for 115 Harpy's/Harops was roughly 100 millin USD. Inflation tells me Azerbaijan hasn't gotten a better price.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:34 pm

AttilaA wrote:..., which is still in Azerbaijan's control.

Only in you "mind"?

You are the most desperate user that I have seen on this forum. You are repeating the same few lines of gibberish over and over and get such a kick out of it.

Tell me something; do you also think that Azerbaijan won in 1994 too?

Why should you be supporting the terrorists at all? Think about it, if you can.

Last edited by Morpheus Eberhardt on Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:36 pm

I will just leave this here

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 14 QKmpR9J
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:05 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    AttilaA wrote:..., which is still in Azerbaijan's control.

Only in you "mind"?

You are the most desperate user that I have seen on this forum. You are repeating the same few lines of gibberish over and over and get such a kick out of it.

Tell me something; do you also think that Azerbaijan won in 1994 also?

Why should you be supporting the terrorists at all? Think about it, if you can.

Compare yourself with us:

It was just reported that a Syrian Su-22 was shot down near Allepo. There is reasonable evidence too.

We are sad about the terrorists shooting down the Su-22 and apparently capturing the pilot, but we are not denying that it has happened.

Are we denying it?

Think now!
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:21 pm

TheArmenian wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:We have to be clear here on the "official" stuff vs what is actually going on.

Officially: Azerbaijan is launching/launched an attack on their breakaway republic of Nargono-Karabakh, that is backed by Armenia and is an ally of Armenia

Unofficially: Armenia is outright being attacked through Nargono-Karabakh that gained independence from Azerbaijan and is populated by Armenians.

The coverage of this is so grotesque it is hurting my head.  I hear of "Armenia lost x amount of troops and equipment and now an HQ due to ballistic missiles from Azerbaijan".  Issue is, Armenia isn't being attacked but Nargono-Karabakh is, which doesn't actually have land connection technically to Armenia.  If Armenia was attacked outright, pretty sure Russia would have jumped in by now.  And Scuds from Armenia would be hitting Azerbaijan.  But that isn't the case.

I really feel for the people of Nargono-Karabakh.  They are the ones getting ignored entirely.

So many errors.

Here are the clarifications:

1) This latest flare-up is not a full scale war (at least not yet), but is by far bigger than any of the daily skirmishes we had for years.

2) There is no full scale Azeri onslaught on Karabagh. The land exchanges we are talking about are minimal. Only one village (Talish) fell under their hands. We retook it back the next day. They are still holding a few of our border outposts and trenches. We are talking a few hundred meters inside our territories.

3) This flare-up started with their special forces attacking with tanks, artillery and helicopters our border outposts manned mostly by conscripts. A lot of soldiers died from both sides (you have seen photos and videos from both sides). Their special forces also entered the nearby village of Talish were they murdered 3 elderly civilians who had not fled. They were evicted from Talish the very next day.

4) Currently the fighting is on these border areas. Artillery, tanks and UAVs are being used extensively by both sides.

5) Karabagh is connected to Armenia since 1994. In that war, Armenia captured the whole area between Armenia and Karabagh. The map is like this:

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 14 AACV4Wf

Much appreciate this. Comments on Twitter by even karabakh mod was confusing in regards to the 'official' stance. I'll send you a pm later.
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:37 pm

Armenians better dig deeper, said it years years back when the azeris were buying all the blingbling weapons like there was no tomorrow (also a lot from us) if the Armenians can't hold the own we won't be able to save them, we never committed to securing Armenian independence and surely won't start a full blown war for them, were are also not even the best allies Armenian solidarity for us in our conflicts  have been lets say "lacking" maybe this conflict will remind them who was always on their side and tho who to stick now loyally then maybe armenia is a bad ally but the azeris are savage anti-allies and friends, go to their sites and look what the azeri swine's are posting, they fight with armenia but nearly every post has fuck and kill russians in it dunno
    SturmGuard

Post  SturmGuard Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:34 pm

You are "communicating" with a professional propagandist/PR/e-activist, probably posting on a dozen or so forums. My advice to you is to stop all attempts at reasoning and arguments, you are just cluttering the news feed. That individual is not here to discuss, present and listen to facts, but to spread around the narrative.

My guess is that this recent flare-up probably triggered e-activits and e-patriots to go over the Internet. Wouldn't be surprised if UkrOps, Georgians, Balts, Finns, Poles catch the agitprop train.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:45 pm

Armenians I know cursing Russia as much as Azeris. Tos-1 really burns. Seriously I can understand them, not that Azeris wouldn't have weapons to wage war. Russia of course probably counts how many tanks Azeris will need to have replaced:) The more - the better
    Kadmos45
    Kadmos45

Post  Kadmos45 Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:23 pm

SturmGuard wrote:

My guess is that this recent flare-up probably triggered e-activits and e-patriots to go over the Internet. Wouldn't be surprised if UkrOps, Georgians, Balts, Finns, Poles catch the agitprop train.

Dunno about the other bunch or Russians for that matter, but majority of Poles are pro armenian and anti islamobeheaders in this conflict. It's basically christianity vs islam to them.
    marat

Post  marat Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:08 pm

Karabakh MOD ‏@Karabakh_MoD · 30 минпре 30 минута

#Karabakh army overall has 29 killed, 28 missing & 101 wounded servicemen & 14 destroyed tanks since April 2nd.

And then they go to pure BS:

Karabakh MOD ‏@Karabakh_MoD · 25 минпре 25 минута

#Azerbaijan lost over 2000 servicemen (killed/wounded), 24 tanks, 5 other vehicles, 2 helicopters, 12 drones.
    #NKpeace #KarabakhNow

Akula971
    Akula971

Post  Akula971 Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:12 pm

Kadmos45 wrote:
    SturmGuard wrote:

Dunno about the other bunch or Russians for that matter, but majority of Poles are pro armenian and anti islamobeheaders in this conflict. It's basically christianity vs islam to them.

Some Ukrops are seeing it as a Christianity vs Islam conflict too. They are rooting for Armenia. That was unexpected ))

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:14 pm

Downed Aze drone "spare parts":

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 14 CfTCzfgW4AEHVlM

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 14 CfTCzf1WEAAObS-

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 14 CfTCzgxW8AA0Lgk

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 14 CfTCzg9WEAIS124

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:15 pm

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 14 Kim10

Okay....
    Kadmos45
    Kadmos45

Post  Kadmos45 Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:53 pm

Akula971 wrote:

Some Ukrops are seeing it as a Christianity vs Islam conflict too. They are rooting for Armenia. That was unexpected ))

That must be some sort of "special" breed of urks , how could they forgot their bff mejlis islamists ?  lol!
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:04 pm

So was there any change in territory after everything was said and done?

My take on this is that Azeris screwed up. If they wanted to go in for the kill in NK then they should have committed fully and kept going. Instead they used Ukrainian approach. Not a good idea. They basically accomplished nothing of note and now Armenians know that game is on and will be ready.

Only thing Russia could gain from this conflict is a lot of headache and nothing else but if SHTF and they are forced to chose then Azeris are fooked. This is what most likely happened now, Armenians started moving stuff to the border after which Russia made clear to Azerbaijan that they will not like their choice of ally should this escalate to full war. And poof!!! Ceasefire...

My tip for Armenia is to smooth out any issue they might have with Moscow (recognizing Crimean ascendancy goes without saying), start fixing their armed forces, beg/borrow/steal money to buy any weapon they can and upgrade anything and everything they already have, get as many RU military units as possible to deploy to Armenia and invite/hire all RU trainers and advisors they can both in Armenia and especially NK (here quietly of course).

This mess clearly showed that Armenians/NK are nowhere near as ready as they should be and definitely have far fewer friends and allies than they thought.

My 2c, could be wrong, correct me if I am.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:12 pm

Militarov wrote:Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 14 Kim10

Okay....

She should sell xxx videos of herself and her massive trunk, to help fund Karabakh army for newer equipment.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:39 pm

SturmGuard wrote:You are "communicating" with a professional propagandist/PR/e-activist, probably posting on a dozen or so forums. My advice to you is to stop all attempts at reasoning and arguments, you are just cluttering the news feed. That individual is not here to discuss, present and listen to facts, but to spread around the narrative.

+1

I agree, he definitely is a professional. As I pointed out to him, he was doctoring their own ministry of terrorism's propaganda to make them sound less retarded.

However, unlike Mustafa who didn't believe in anything he was saying, this one desperately and delusionally wants to believe in his own propaganda. This is why I addressed him in a number of my posts; I shouldn't have.

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:33 pm

NKR army artillery positions in Karabakh
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:40 pm

Militarov wrote:Downed Aze drone "spare parts":

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 14 CfTCzfgW4AEHVlM

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 14 CfTCzf1WEAAObS-

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 14 CfTCzgxW8AA0Lgk

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 14 CfTCzg9WEAIS124

Looks like they really downed an Harpy/Harop...
    marat

Post  marat Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:50 am

AttilA i have asked this question to you on other forum and you have ignored it so i will repeat it here.
    Coud you please share with us info about changes of front line in recent days.
    Also yoy forgott to answer what is your oppinion regarding beheading of Armenian solider, is that cheap propaganda also?

OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:23 am

Militarov wrote:Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 14 Kim10

Okay....

Wut. The hell would she know about anything.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:43 am

OminousSpudd wrote:

Okay....

Wut. The hell would she know about anything.

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 14 Articl10

She's proud of her Armenian heritage.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 pm