Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+95
nomadski
ALAMO
flamming_python
Dr.Snufflebug
kvs
higurashihougi
GarryB
mnztr
JohninMK
lyle6
sepheronx
Walther von Oldenburg
Begome
Firebird
lancelot
thegopnik
Rodion_Romanovic
Broski
Scorpius
caveat emptor
Krepost
Arrow
limb
ATLASCUB
Azi
sundoesntrise
TMA1
Mindstorm
Sujoy
nero
Yugo90
Backman
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
elconquistador
Hole
miketheterrible
ultimatewarrior
Isos
arpakola
Grazneyar
Werewolf
Odin of Ossetia
par far
AlfaT8
d_taddei2
medo
KiloGolf
NationalRus
Rodinazombie
Zivo
Kadmos45
Armenian
SturmGuard
mack8
Neutrality
OminousSpudd
Dima
franco
Godric
marat
Akula971
Vann7
ExBeobachter1987
Svyatoslavich
zorobabel
VladimirSahin
PapaDragon
TheGeorgian
KoTeMoRe
calm
Khepesh
Project Canada
max steel
HUNTER VZLA
Heartbeer
Kyo
T055
George1
Morpheus Eberhardt
Hannibal Barca
POKL
magnumcromagnon
TR1
Regular
zg18
etaepsilonk
AttilaA
Cyberspec
TheArmenian
Admin
Ogannisyan8887
Viktor
Turk1
DoubleEagle
Russian Patriot
99 posters

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict]

AttilaA

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 5 Empty Re: Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict]

Post  AttilaA Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:49 am

About that photo, I don't think it's real, but no one actually approves of it. I didn't see anyone doing so in our local military forum, in fact quite the opposite.

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 5 Empty Re: Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict]

Post  sepheronx Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 am

Well, if the authorities condemn such behavior, then it cannot be blamed on them necessarily. If it is real, then it really sucks. But then again, this whole conflict really sucks.
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:24 am

TheGeorgian wrote:Quite some unsettling development, people are mixed about it. Some my Armenian friends would actualy welcome squashing a lot of Azeris, others just want peace. I hope latter will be the case soon. If a large scale conflict broke out it could turn into a real mess and frankly I wouldn't side with anyone and I hope our gov isn't even thinking about getting involved in whatever shape or form.
    I'm not convinced Azerbaijan would perform so disastrously this time around. I'd give both sides even odds and I think it would be incredibly bloody. Hope I'm wrong, though, because I have a lot of respect for Armenia.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:57 am

Militarov wrote:................

He knows who and what Ustaše are, he is Serbian, duh Smile

^^^This, obviously...

Honestly, I don't know if i am capable of following three wars simultaneously, even two are becoming a chore.

This could either be a fluke or low oil price/turk influence combo. And flukes are few and far between these days...
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:50 am

Azeris' definitely have a better armed forces altogether. And I don't think Armenia would violate against it, As Nagorno-Karabakh is already technically in Armenian hands. I don't understand why Azerbaijan would do this either. Either way, If Azeris will launch an offensive into these territories, Then I hope that Russia intervenes some how.
    Svyatoslavich

Post  Svyatoslavich Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:07 am

Armenia is a CSTO member. Wouldn't Russia and other members be obliged to assist, especially if Azerbaijan attacks Armenian proper?

Post  Guest Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:13 am

Svyatoslavich wrote:Armenia is a CSTO member. Wouldn't Russia and other members be obliged to assist, especially if Azerbaijan attacks Armenian proper?

In theory, yes.
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:49 am

Here is a map showing the territory Azerbaijan has claimed to capture: http://twitter.com/fuad_mamishov/status/716456473560264705/photo/1

Post  Guest Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:55 am

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 5 CfEI1SxW8AAwJ5E
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:08 am

Militarov wrote:Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 5 CfEI1SxW8AAwJ5E

...Who knows how accurate that infograph is, especially now that the govt. is denying anything is going on...

Azerbaijan Defense Ministry Refutes Fighting in Nagorno-Karabakh Region

This could very well be Turkish military intelligence infiltrating Azeri military ranks and instigating conflict, considering that the Turks have done this before (1995 coup attempt), and the Turks are basically waging asymmetrical warfare against every country that it's bordering.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:44 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 5 CfEI1SxW8AAwJ5E

...Who knows how accurate that infograph is, ...

It is known that it is fake.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:55 am

It seems situation have been defused so far. Reports about Azeri troops behind Armenian lines are here and there, but I think it got quiet. But it doesn't mean it can flare up again as that's how 888 War started too.
    Azeris are being Azeris, fucking beheadings. I hate their guts, but I know that Russia won't slap good customer in their face.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:30 am

Armenian Army delivers a lethal blow to the Azeri forces in Karabakh
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:20 am

Regular wrote:It seems situation have been defused so far. Reports about Azeri troops behind Armenian lines are here and there, but I think it got quiet. But it doesn't mean it can flare up again as that's how 888 War started too.
    Azeris are being Azeris, fucking beheadings. I hate their guts, but I know that Russia won't slap good customer in their face.

Out of respect to resident Azeri, AtillaA, keep the Azeri generalizations to a minimum, keep it respectful. As far as the claims of beheadings go, they really haven't been confirmed yet...but let's play devils advocate, and lets say they did happen...you should know that's the classic calling card of the Grey Wolf 'stay-behind' network financed by Turkish intelligence, just take a look at the Turkish military operation in Cizre, a multitude of bodies were found beheaded after the operation concluded. I suspect that Turkish military intelligence acting as patrons of the Grey Wolves, and helped them penetrate/infiltrate Azeri ranks, so now there's swathes of Azeri officers who are loyal to Erdogan and not to Aliyev.

Let's ask Qui Bono? Who benefits? Who wants this? Neither Azerbaijan nor Armenia's leaders want this, I doubt any of the CSTO wants this, and it's extremely unlikely that the CSTO will exacerbate the situation. I doubt China, Iran or the SCO as a whole wants this, so who's left who could be the instigator in this? Naturally through the process of elimination the only party left is Turkey.

Despite overblown and grandiose claims of Turkish-Azeri allegiance/alliance, behind closed doors their leaders hate each others guts. Aliyev hasn't forgotten that Turkish military intelligence in 1995 tried to assassinate/overthrow his father, and Erdogan hates any country in the near-east that's controlled by secularist's and Shia's, who keep their doors open for Moscow to engage in open-dialogue *cough, Syria, cough*.

Instability in Azerbaijan makes perfect sense for neo-Ottoman Erdogan for these very reasons: 1.) It causes in-fighting (divide and conquer) between near-east Christians and Shia's, who've been figting Erdogan's puppets, ISIS/JAN. If it gets bad enough you may see it spread/exported in to Iran (which has both those demographics). 2.) Azerbaijan weakened by civil war means it'll be much easier to overthrow Aliyev with a Pro-Turkish military coup...we've seen this script before with Ayaz Mutallibov. 3.) A Turkish puppet govt. in Baku, means Azerbaijan will be annexed along with it's hydrocarbons, we've seen it time and time again, neo-Ottomans such as Erdogan like de facto annexing territories and stealing those territories hydrocarbons for his private accounts.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:47 am

Sorry if I insulted any Azeri here, but after reading vk.com comments and seeing pictures of beheadings and their glorification I can't be biased. Not to mention other things like Axe murderer who is now a hero in Azerbaijan. Look I don't like my country myself and I think most of the people there are brainwashed idiots and I think Azerbaijan is no different. Ok, Karabah and Armenia aren't saints too, it's not Ukrainian war when we know who is real bad guy there.
    And I agree it does feel like there is Turkish influence here, but then again shooting down Azeri helicopter looks like Armenian lex talionis to me.
    I only hope it will be back to normal soon, how can people take this shit for 20 years is beyond me. But I am afraid it will be for Russia to actually put some sense in both parties.
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:58 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:

...Who knows how accurate that infograph is, especially now that the govt. is denying anything is going on...

The numbers for the Armenian losses are unreliable.
    The other numbers can be trusted more.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:51 am

About Russia taking side with Armenia . I dont think the military agreement of Russia with armenia includes the zone in conflict today. and is only for the territorial integrity of Armenia.
    if ever is at risk. So i think Russia position will be really neutral ,since have good relations with both with Azerbaijan and Armenia. So the possibilities of a conflict between Russia and Azerbaijan i dont think will happen. Neither think Russia will send a single volunteer to come in the defense
    of NAgorno.  I actually think that Russia will not move a finger even if Azerbaijan do a full scale invasion on NAgorno. Since it have nothing to win there . is not an ethnic conflict as far im aware
    and not religious extremism.. but simply territorial dispute. which can happen to any country in the world.

However if Armenians civilians start being killed intentionally and systematically ,as kiev is doing with ethnic Russians in Ukraine.. it could trigger Russia to take a side.

Still i think the good relations of Russia with Azerbaijan will help to contain any major escalation
    of the conflict. But western powers could try to instigate the conflict.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:23 am

Somewhere between Armenia and Karabagh

TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:25 am

Azerbaijani Mi-24 or mi-35 shot down

Warning: Graphic photos of dead pilots

TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:27 am

Casualty and loss figures provided by Armenian Defense Ministry.
    According to the reports Azeri special forces lost at least 30 men on the Talish front.

Azerbaijan has thus far confirmed they lost 1 helicopter, one tank and 12 soldiers

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 5 Attachment

Last edited by TheArmenian on Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:29 am

Dead Azeri soldiers on the battlefield

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 5 4jnRlm
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:32 am

There are reports (unconfirmed yet) that 5 Azeri tanks are trapped and surrounded on the battlefront.

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 5 VK6iYkN

Last edited by TheArmenian on Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:36 am

Volunteers are still signing up for the front.

Personally, I hope things calm down.

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 5 MvLcmFL
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:38 am

Veterans from the previous war are getting ready to go to the front

Akula971
    Akula971

Post  Akula971 Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:54 am

Any idea who started this ?? Who made the first shot ??

I know Azerbaijan and Armenia exchanged fire in the recent months but this is a full blown conflict.

Will Russia intervene on either side to stop this madness or is it just going to sit there.

What are the goals of each army right now - for Azerbaijan and Armenia. Who is playing offensive / defensive here ??

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:41 am