Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+82
Isos
Jokerpawn14
kvs
miketheterrible
Biggie
MechanizedOne
Borschty
leejee
Arn0ld
TsarOfBaghdad
nerovergil
PapaDragon
vitalyivanovvdv
KGBeast
Kolya
mehdi
StreetRanger
ult
Crisvb3965
par far
2SPOOKY4U
franco
Captain Nemo
Book.
suzu
Kyo
mx109
Werewolf
Hannibal Barca
Mike E
magnumcromagnon
Viktor
Swede55
Karkota
George1
ThatItalianGuy
Airbornewolf
Morpheus Eberhardt
CyricDamascus
macedonian
aar88
Mamut
mutantsushi
Asf
Firebird
sepheronx
VladimirSahin
j.mac
AlfaT8
mig7
Vann7
Jyshky
etaepsilonk
collegeboy16
TR1
Admin
As Sa'iqa
Regular
calripson
Ak103
BTRfan
mbwilding
Pirate
Cyberspec
Pugnax
ssk1777
Legionary74
KomissarBojanchev
SWAT Pointman
YuriBierazo
Russian Patriot
GarryB
flamming_python
Mr.Kalishnikov47
Jame2702
lorenzopopov
Gagydza
Pervius
NationalRus
Wan2345
Andrey Ponyrko
86 posters

The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread

George1
    George1

The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread

Post  George1 Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:52 pm

TsarOfBaghdad wrote:Здравствуйте

I am from Iraq. I am currently majoring mechanical engineering in a first world country. I always had the dream of a military career and I thought Russia would be a perfect country. I am devastated to have left my country in a fight against ISIS.
    I wasn't thinking in joining the Russian army. I just want to gain a rank to have a good start in the Iraqi Army. It should be an academy or university just something that would give me a diploma that I completed a military rank.
    It can be in every department. What would be the fastest way.

I will be 24 years old when I am done with my major.

Also, does Saint Petersburg Military Engineering-Technical University offer masters degree?

read the rules and introduce yourself first here pls
    https://www.russiadefence.net/f6-member-introductions-and-rules
    TsarOfBaghdad
    TsarOfBaghdad

The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread

Post  TsarOfBaghdad Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:29 pm

George1 wrote:
    TsarOfBaghdad wrote:Здравствуйте

I am from Iraq. I am currently majoring mechanical engineering in a first world country. I always had the dream of a military career and I thought Russia would be a perfect country. I am devastated to have left my country in a fight against ISIS.
    I wasn't thinking in joining the Russian army. I just want to gain a rank to have a good start in the Iraqi Army. It should be an academy or university just something that would give me a diploma that I completed a military rank.
    It can be in every department. What would be the fastest way.

I will be 24 years old when I am done with my major.

Also, does Saint Petersburg Military Engineering-Technical University offer masters degree?

read the rules and introduce yourself first here pls

Ok, I will do that
    Arn0ld

The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread - Page 15 Empty Possible or not?!?!

Post  Arn0ld Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:15 pm

Hello
    I'm an austrian citizen, 18 years old and was thinking now for already 3 years about this idea. My plan is to finish my school here in Austria and move to Russia in order to join the spetsnaz. I know it sounds very stupid but let me first tell what my qualities are. So I go to a militarized school in Austria which is not part of their army. I speak German, Hungarian, English and learning Russian. I run 400m in 60s, 2km in 7:30, 3km in 12:40 and besides I do kickboxing. So my question is: Is possible for me to join the russian army and maybe later the spetsnaz after let's say 5 years of service. I really would like to do it BUT JUST if I speak russian fluently. My teacher told me that I speak very good (almost no accent) but I would have to learn the language a bit more (like a trip to Russia for 4 months)
    I would be very thankful for any kind of help!
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:30 pm

Arn0ld wrote:Hello
    I'm an austrian citizen, 18 years old and was thinking now for already 3 years about this idea. My plan is to finish my school here in Austria and move to Russia in order to join the spetsnaz. I know it sounds very stupid but let me first tell what my qualities are. So I go to a militarized school in Austria which is not part of their army. I speak German, Hungarian, English and learning Russian. I run 400m in 60s, 2km in 7:30, 3km in 12:40 and besides I do kickboxing. So my question is: Is possible for me to join the russian army and maybe later the spetsnaz after let's say 5 years of service. I really would like to do it BUT JUST if I speak russian fluently. My teacher told me that I speak very good (almost no accent) but I would have to learn the language a bit more (like a trip to Russia for 4 months)

Introduce yourself first here pls:
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:01 pm

Arn0ld wrote:Hello

If you want a career in the Russian military I'd recommend you go speak with an embassy about it, atleast through e-mail if you can. There's something out there where you sign a 5 year contract and after 3 years of service you get your citizenship.

The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread - Page 15 Empty Joining Russian Armed Forces as foreign !!!

Post  .50 Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:38 pm

Hello everyone, men and women.
    This is my first post on this forum and I hope I will get some helpful informations.

I am curious about RAF (russian armed forces).
    As far as I know, RAF is accepting foreigners.
    So, to be more specific, I am from Serbia, and I dont have any knowledge of russian language at all, at this moment.
    But I already took course beginning February 21 and plan to learn over year/s and maybe even come to Russian to help learning.

My questions at first is ( I want to be 100% sure) : does RAF accept Serbian citizens?
    Next, if they do -  what is the process of becoming an contracted soldier? (more about medical,physical, psychological exams etc).
    Such as what I need to do at physical exam (excercises, drills etc), what at psychological, hows medical exam look etc?

All informations you can give me are welcome, so dont hesitate to post.

Want to say that I dont care so much about salary.
    But I want to know about ranks, how that works? Cant you get "promoted" after some years, after you become Russian citizen?

And last but not least, is there any sniper/scouting drill? Can you actually became one of those?

Please read everything carefully and respond if you can.

Thank you in advance,
    D.

Post  .50 Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:29 pm

Hello everyone, men and women.
    This is my first post on this forum and I hope I will get some helpful informations.

So, to be more specific, I am from Serbia, and I dont have any knowledge of russian language at all, at this moment.
    But I already took course beginning February 21 and plan to learn over year/s and maybe even come to Russian to help learning.

My questions at first is ( I want to be 100% sure) : does RAF accept Serbian citizens?
    Next, if they do - what is the process of becoming an contracted soldier? (more about medical,physical, psychological exams etc).
    Such as what I need to do at physical exam (excercises, drills etc), what at psychological, hows medical exam look etc?

But I want to know about ranks, how that works? Cant you get "promoted" after some years, after you become Russian citizen?

And last but not least, is there any sniper/scouting drill? Can you actually became one of those?

Thank you in advance,
    D.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:12 am

.50 wrote:Hello everyone, men and women.

Next, if they do -  what is the process of becoming an contracted soldier? (more about medical,physical, psychological exams etc).

Thank you in advance,
    D.

Introduce yourself first here pls

Post  .50 Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:32 am

George1 wrote:
    .50 wrote:Hello everyone, men and women.

Thank you in advance,
    D.

Introduce yourself first here pls

Done.

Post  .50 Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:56 pm

So, yeah.

I found couple of answers for questions I asked from this topic.
    Russian Armed Forces are accepting all foreigners, including from Serbia.
    Also found a lot about tests, physical and medical, but not psychological.

But I am still curious about one thing, after 5years of contract or 3years after recieving citizenship, can I try for special forces?
    Is it possible? Not in term of my physical strenght, but generally?

Also I am really confused about special forces, there are so many units.
    I still dont know which one is like US NAVY SEALs, that operates on battlefield/warfield, I know or atleast I think I know about SWAT-like units.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:43 pm

.50 wrote:So, yeah.

But I am still curious about one thing, after 5years of contract or 3years after recieving citizenship, can I try for special forces?

I still dont know which one is like US NAVY SEALs, that operates on battlefield/warfield, I know or atleast I think I know about SWAT-like units.

Russian Navy has two types of SEAL type troops. There are Combat divers assigned to all naval bases to protect the ships (11 or 14 units reportedly of around 60 per) and there are the Russian Naval Spetsnaz (5 units each of two companies of recon and one of divers). There is also the elite SEAL type subunit of the SOC stationed at Sevastopol.

Post  .50 Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:49 pm

franco wrote:
    .50 wrote:So, yeah.

Russian Navy has two types of SEAL type troops. There are Combat divers assigned to all naval bases to protect the ships (11 or 14 units reportedly of around 60 per) and there are the Russian Naval Spetsnaz (5 units each of two companies of recon and one of divers). There is also the elite SEAL type subunit of the SOC stationed at Sevastopol.  

Thank you very much.

Yeah, something like army special forces, that operates on land.
    Can you choose where you want to go, not just to be thrown wherever?

Post  .50 Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:07 pm

If I make stupid posts, I am sorry for that.
    I just wanna know as much as possible about joining russian armed forces and all about RAF.
    As asked before, are we in power to choose where to go?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:09 am

Probably unlikely.

If soldiers got the choice of where to go warm places with nice spas would have too many soldiers and cold shit holes would have too few.

You will likely be sent where you are needed... or where your skills are best suited...

Ie if you speak Chinese then the border with China might be where you go...

Post  .50 Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:28 am

GarryB wrote:Probably unlikely.

If soldiers got the choice of where to go warm places with nice spas would have too many soldiers and cold shit holes would have too few.

You will likely be sent where you are needed... or where your skills are best suited...

Ie if you speak Chinese then the border with China might be where you go...

Thank you for additional informations, but I meant are we in power to choose in which unit to go? Very Happy I mean I dont want to go on ship or something like that.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:33 am

On a real mission they would likely let you take the weapons you wanted in special forces, but your method of transport would not be an option I suspect.

Don't like boats?

Post  .50 Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:57 am

GarryB wrote:On a real mission they would likely let you take the weapons you wanted in special forces, but your method of transport would not be an option I suspect.

Don't like boats?

No, I dont have fear from boats or planes/helicopters, I just think you are limited of your actions on boat.

How is called special forces in army, thats mainly just army special forces? Not swat-like

Can I post video to show you example?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:31 am

Special forces just means non standard army navy or air force forces.

You have airforce people, army soldiers, and navy sailors... ie regular Airforce, army, Navy.

Special forces is GRU Spetsnaz for the Army, VDV for the Air Force, and Navy Spetsnaz for the Navy.

The Russians also have special forces for different branches of government including police and paramilitary... Alpha teams, OMON, and other groups.

SWAT is American and seems to mean armed police units.

Post  .50 Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:27 am

GarryB wrote:Special forces just means non standard army navy or air force forces.

You have airforce people, army soldiers, and navy sailors... ie regular Airforce, army, Navy.

Special forces is GRU Spetsnaz for the Army, VDV for the Air Force, and Navy Spetsnaz for the Navy.

The Russians also have special forces for different branches of government including police and paramilitary... Alpha teams, OMON, and other groups.

SWAT is American and seems to mean armed police units.

Thank you very much man.

Nice to know now, most of the things I was questioning.

Does anyone know whats minimum entry for GRU Spetsnaz, excercises etc?

And yea, SWAT is American AP, Special Weapons And Tactics if Im right, was just giving example. Razz

Thank you once again, you have been helpful to me.
    leejee

Post  leejee Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:49 pm

Need help, how to join ? Foreigner from south east asia, any advices ?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:34 am

First advice is to introduce yourself on this forum.

It is a forum rule that you introduce yourself and read the rules:

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:08 am

.50 wrote:

Does anyone know whats minimum entry for GRU Spetsnaz, excercises etc?

And yea, SWAT is American AP, Special Weapons And Tactics if Im right, was just giving example. Razz

Thank you once again, you have been helpful to me.

Not an expert but thanks to the magic of internet information is easy to get
    and have read enough on the subject to have an idea ,about your questions.

First and foremost , Your determination and self confidence is the most important thing of all.
    If you show true passion for what you want ,they will notice it ,you bet on it. But the Russian
    military will need evidence if they can trust on you , so this is why there are limitations for
    foreigners in the places they can go. But if you show Skills ,determination and self confidence
    they will notice that and any General will not hesitate to sponsor you to any position you want
    even if you dont meet all the requirements for being a foreigner.

When it comes to "being an spetnaz" ,a word used a lot by the west ,if im not mistaken what that word really means is Special Unit. I have been told there are special units in almost every Government agency.And possibly not all of them deal with combat. for example a special unit of emergency rescue or special unit Fire brigade. etc. and Police also have spetnaz, and navy too. If what you want to to be an equivalent of Navy seals in Russia , then i believe you need to join the black berets , Russia naval "spetnaz".

here is wikipedia about Russia "spetnaz".. it shows the most popular special units
    in combat roles of Russia..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spetsnaz

The people who get the most advanced weapons as far i know are the FSB spetnaz ,is like
    special anti terrorist unit of the "Russian FBI." There is Alpha spetnaz are apparently the
    elite ones in nation defense.

but also Spetnaz scuba divers in the navy ,who defend warships. they get James bond like
    weapons ,and probably mini submarines too just for them ,and the ones who defend nuclear sites too. But people who get there are only the best of the best and need to be tested a lot in loyalty and skills. and i suspect that if you convert to orthodox religion and build a family in Russia this makes more easier things for them in evaluating you. There are muslin spetnaz too ,but they are few. Not many muslins joins Russia military in comparison with other groups.

There is also spetnaz in the army ,the red berets. RT released a documentary of what red berets spetnaz training is and you should see it. and there is paratroopers spetnaz blue berets too ,they parachute behind enemy lines if not mistaken.

Post  .50 Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:17 am

Ok guys, however I found a lot of informations for RFL, so far so good, but I am curious about two things now.
    First, what level of knowledge of russian I need to know. Do I need to be fluent to join? Already going on course/classes.
    Second and last, once I get there, I sign contract for 5 years, where I rest for those 5 years? Do I need to rent a room/house to stay somewhere or I can be in base? Kinda hilarious but still I want to know if possible.
    Thank you.
    Borschty

Post  Borschty Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Hi guys

Sorry to continue this thread; but I was hoping if its possible to get information in regards to the physical fitness test(s) for the branch requirements; and possibly sticky it somewhere on the forum.

Thanks
    MechanizedOne

Post  MechanizedOne Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:56 am

Borschty wrote:Hi guys

Sorry to continue this thread; but I was hoping if its possible to get information in regards to the physical fitness test(s) for the branch requirements; and possibly sticky it somewhere on the forum.

Thanks

Going to second this, would be really useful, especially for guys considering this seriously like myself...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 pm