Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+2
GarryB
KevinTheCanadian
6 posters

Canadian wants to join Russian army

KevinTheCanadian
    KevinTheCanadian

Canadian wants to join Russian army Empty Canadian wants to join Russian army

Post  KevinTheCanadian Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:41 am

Hello, I am new to this forum. Basically I would like some answers to my questions by people who actually know alot about the recruitment policy of the Russian army. So I currently live in Canada and I was born here to. I was wondering if Russia did in fact have a Foreign Legion, and if it is possible for Canadians to apply. I study the Russian language heavily and I have many Russian friends here in my city that I practice my Russian on. I have always liked Russia, however I have no Russian ancestry, only Ukrainian and Polish on my moms side. I wish to join the Russian army because they have a great army and Canada doesn't do enough with its army as we are a "peace keeping country." If you know anything about Canada we have a rather small army with not much high tech equipment for being the second largest country in the World. So basically I would like detailed info on how to go about applying for the Russian army (if the foreign legion is applicable as well, info on that would be great!) Thanks for taking the time to read this! Very Happy
    GarryB
    GarryB

Canadian wants to join Russian army Empty Re: Canadian wants to join Russian army

Post  GarryB Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:47 pm

welcome Very Happy

Please note I have moved your introduction to the introduction section where it belongs.

For those wanting to answer the questions posed in this thread we have a dedicated thread here:

https://www.russiadefence.net/t3233-the-i-want-to-join-the-russian-army-thread
    KevinTheCanadian
    KevinTheCanadian

Canadian wants to join Russian army Empty sorry!

Post  KevinTheCanadian Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:58 pm

Yes sorry my bad I was first confused at where to exactly post this. But I completely left out my introduction. My names Kevin, im 18 and currently in the recruitment process of the army reserves in the Canadian Forces. I love anything military and shooting guns is my hobby. I also very much love to hunt deer, moose, geese, duck, coyotes. I am interested in Russian military history and modern Russian army.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Canadian wants to join Russian army Empty Re: Canadian wants to join Russian army

Post  Werewolf Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:25 pm

welcome
    Flyingdutchman
    Flyingdutchman

Post  Flyingdutchman Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:36 pm

Welcome!
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:42 pm

KevinTheCanadian wrote:Yes sorry my bad I was first confused at where to exactly post this. But I completely left out my introduction. My names Kevin, im 18 and currently in the recruitment process of the army reserves in the Canadian Forces. I love anything military and shooting guns is my hobby. I also very much love to hunt deer, moose, geese, duck, coyotes. I am interested in Russian military history and modern Russian army.

Welcome fellow Canadian! welcome I am orrigninally from Winnipeg Manitoba, but regardless, I border your province. I travel quite often between the three provinces. Maybe one day we can go for a beer.

As for joining the Russian army, you may or may not have luck. From what I am told by others here who have joined, being a conscript sucks, which you would probably end up as if you move to Russia for the first year. Pay sucks, food may suck, and treatment may be so-so. But you can further it by becoming a contract soldier, which in that case, you will get paid quite well (they recently up the wages, so the wages are quite good), fed well, and treated like anywhere else. I don't know what the process is in terms if you can become instant contract soldier if you move to the country with previous military experience (if it matters what country you obtained the experience in) or if you actually need to go through the Russian basics regardless.

In your terms, you may be much better off getting into some other field in the intelligence services of Russia, as you are Canadian and chances are, they could use your experience and knowledge. Add in the fact too, just recently, Government of Russia gave green light to private military companies to be set up in Russia, so chances are, there will soon be some major PMC companies in that country, which you could probably get a job in as well.

Anyway, more experienced Russian members may know more. So far, only one I can think of is Flaming Python. TR1 seems to be AWAL (guess we scared him off or something. Which is sad cause he is a good member regardless if I disagree with him or not).
    KevinTheCanadian
    KevinTheCanadian

Post  KevinTheCanadian Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:50 pm

Oh frick yeah another Canadian from the prairie province! heck yeah going for a beer would be nice Razz and eh thanks very much for all the information! It does suck if you heard the news yesterday Stephen Harpers taking more aggressive action about the "Ukraine crisis" i remember when the only thing Canada and Russia fought was eachothers hockey teams Razz but thanks again for the information, much appreciated!
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:52 pm

KevinTheCanadian wrote:Oh frick yeah another Canadian from the prairie province! heck yeah going for a beer would be nice Razz and eh thanks very much for all the information! It does suck if you heard the news yesterday Stephen Harpers taking more aggressive action about the  "Ukraine crisis" i remember when the only thing Canada and Russia fought was eachothers hockey teams Razz but thanks again for the information, much appreciated!

Harper is a tool.  Him and John Baird have some sort of wish/ambition to turn Canada into some sort of mighty power.  But our government is so inept and corrupt, they can barely fund something without the project ending up over 300% over budget. Forget them. Just use your power as a citizen to vote against them. Then again, we got no one worth their beans to be in power here in Canada. We got some kid who is riding his fathers lineage (whom his mom slept with the band Rolling Stones and his father gave western Canada the middle finger), and I have no idea about NDP as after Jack Layton, they gone into hibernation it seems, and well, King Harper who is obviously a puppet.
    KevinTheCanadian
    KevinTheCanadian

Post  KevinTheCanadian Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:32 pm

I agree with you, I am voting NDP, Thomas Mulclair. In the senate time and time again he always puts Harper on the spot to make Harper feek pressured. Canada rides USA's **** and I wish we were more independent I just hope the NDP bring back verteran support organizations, and up the military.But yeah sorry for getting off topic :p
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:19 am

welcome

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:25 am