Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Hole
    Hole

    Posts : 4269
    Points : 4263
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 45
    Location : Merkelland

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  Hole Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:27 pm

    When some guy in an african country came to poer, he looted as much as he could before being ousted or forced to flee the country. Today the politicians in EU-land (and those countries which want to join the "club") are the same. All want to make a lot of money (receiving funds from some western oligarch), afterwards they would be capable of leaving the sinking ship anytime.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 16336
    Points : 16839
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  George1 Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:13 am

    Moldovan leader says reviving amicable ties with Russia one of his greatest successes

    Moldovan President Igor Dodon counts the restoration of friendship with Russia and the promotion of nationhood and patriotism among his greatest achievements

    KISHINEV, November 13. /TASS/. Moldovan President Igor Dodon counts the restoration of friendship with Russia and the promotion of nationhood and patriotism among his greatest achievements, Dodon wrote at his Facebook page on Tuesday to mark his two-year anniversary in office.

    "For all these years, I’ve proven that Moldova has a future. That’s the most important thing," the president stated, pointing out that when it comes to foreign policy, he "favored a balance in Moldova’s relations with the East and the West because we need to be friends instead of quarrelling with the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) and non-CIS countries. I restored friendship with Russia without losing amicable ties with the Western countries," Dodon emphasized.

    As for domestic policy, the Moldovan president said that he "advocated patriotism, promotion of nationhood, and preserving Christian values." "(I) strongly spoke out against inappropriate actions by the government formed by the Democratic Party (controls the coalition of pro-European parties in Parliament), with whom I disagreed on many issues," Dodon added.

    He hoped that after the parliamentary election, scheduled for February 24, 2019, the head of state would gain broad support in the parliament from the Party of Socialists, which is the frontrunner in the election campaign, according to the polls. "This will enable me to do many other good things for the country and people," Dodon explained.

    Dodon won both the nationwide presidential election on November 13, 2016 and the parliamentary election of the head of state, which despite being adopted in 2001, was abolished in the same year. Nevertheless, Moldova remained a parliament republic, where the president’s power is limited. The president represents the country in the international arena, he is the guarantor of the nation’s sovereignty and independence, Supreme Commander-in-Chief, appoints the prime minister and judges, and signs bills into a law.

    However, the head of state executes most of his power in coordination with the parliament, which has been controlled by the ruling coalition of pro-EU parties since 2009.


    More:
    http://tass.com/world/1030574
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 16336
    Points : 16839
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  George1 Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:21 pm

    Russia expects new Moldovan government to improve political situation, envoy says


    Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Kozak pointed out that Russia, the United States and the European Union had managed to take a common stance aimed at supporting democratic processes in Moldova

    MOSCOW, June 15. /TASS/. Moscow expects that the new Moldovan government will improve the political situation in the country, Russian Presidential Envoy for Trade and Economic Ties with Moldova, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Kozak told reporters on Saturday.

    "We are certainly satisfied that reason has prevailed over the reckless approach of the former regime," he said. "I hope that the newly formed parliamentary coalition and Moldova’s new government will have enough political wisdom and prudence to continue the dismantling of the criminal regime and improve the political situation in the country," Kozak added.

    "It will make it possible to resolve political differences through transparent and reliable political institutions based on the true will of the people," the Russian envoy noted.

    Kozak pointed out that Russia, the United States and the European Union had managed to take a common stance aimed at supporting democratic processes in Moldova.

    Political crisis in Moldova

    Moldova’s parliament was unable to create a ruling coalition and form a government following the February elections. Only on June 8, the Party of Socialists supporting President Igor Dodon managed to reach an agreement with the pro-EU ACUM bloc to oppose the Democratic Party led by oligarch Vladimir Plahotniuc, which controlled the former parliament and cabinet. The leader of the Party of Socialists Zinaida Greceanii was elected the parliament’s speaker, and the government was formed with Maia Sandu, the leader of the Party of Action and Solidarity, a part of the ACUM bloc, as the prime minister.

    The Democratic Party refused to recognize the new government and turned to the Constitutional Court, which ruled that the parliament’s resolutions were invalid as the parliament had failed to form a government within 90 days (starting on March 9, when the lawmakers received their mandates).

    After that, the Constitutional Court authorized acting Prime Minister and member of the Democratic Party Pavel Filip to sign a decree on the parliament’s dissolution instead of the president. Dodon described the move as an attempt to usurp power.

    On Friday, the Democratic Party announced the resignation of Pavel Filip’s cabinet. According to a party source, the decision was made after US Ambassador to Chisinau Derek Hogan’s visit to the party office.

    https://tass.com/politics/1063965
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 16336
    Points : 16839
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  George1 Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:05 am

    Moldova renews strategic partnership with Russia in all areas, says president


    Igor Dodon also noted the prospects of cooperation between the countries’ defense ministries

    CHISINAU, August 24. /TASS/. Moldova renews strategic partnership with Moscow in all areas, Moldovan President Igor Dodon said during Saturday’s meeting with Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu.

    "I would like to note that we are renewing strategic partnership with the Russian Federation in all areas. In recent years, we have had a very good relationship at the senior government level. Now we have renewed normal relations and we have contacts at the parliament level," the Moldovan leader said.

    According to him, Moldova’s prime minister is set to visit Russia in September, along with the republic’s foreign minister. Dodon stressed that this points to the beginning of normal cooperation between the two countries in all areas.

    The Moldovan leader also thanked the Russian government for their support of Moldova in recent years. "This concerns the economy, our migrants and other issues that we have discussed with the Russian president, making prompt decisions," Dodon said.

    He also noted the prospects of cooperation between the countries’ defense ministries. "I think that there are prospects there as well," Dodon stated.

    He also highlighted Russia’s role "in all the matters concerning Transnistrian regulation." He noted the contribution of peacekeepers in the region. "It is invaluable. Thanks to the peacekeepers, during all this years we have stability on the Dniester, there have been no provocations. I’m sure this will continue."

    The Moldovan president noted that this is the first visit of the Russian defense minister to Moldova "in all 28 years of the republic’s independence." He thanked Shoigu for visiting Moldova on this day, August 24. "Today we celebrate the 75th anniversary of Moldova’s liberation from Nazi invaders. For many citizens of the republic, this is a day to celebrate. August 24 has always been and will always remain the Day of Commemoration, the Day of Liberation from Nazism. This is the principled position of the majority of citizens, and we support it," Dodon stressed.

    During the celebratory events, Dodon and Shoigu laid flowers at the tombs of Soviet soldiers killed during the liberation of Moldova in 1944.
    https://tass.com/world/1074892
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 16336
    Points : 16839
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  George1 Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:18 pm

    Moldova, Russia agree gas price reduction - president

    As early as October 1, the price of Russian gas for Moldova will go down

    CHISINAU, September 7. /TASS/. Moldovan President Igor Dodon has reached an agreement with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin to cut the gas price for his country, Dodon wrote on Facebook on Saturday after his meeting with Putin in Moscow.

    "We have agreed in principle and coordinated the further steps in gas cooperation, which makes it possible at this stage to announce that tariffs for end consumers will not rise. As early as October 1, the price of Russian gas for Moldova will go down," Dodon wrote.

    Moldova’s contract with Russian gas utility Gazprom expires in 2019. Earlier, the Moldovan president told TASS earlier he wanted to negotiate a discount on Russian gas. The previous government, in his words, lowballed gas tariffs and "left an ‘energy bomb’ that may send gas prices [for the population] hiking." Apart from that, Moldova is worried over possible halt of gas supplies via Ukraine.

    https://tass.com/economy/1077092
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 7326
    Points : 7475
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:28 pm

    One of the biggest political leaders in Moldova has been exposed as an U.S. intelligence asset and has fled to Miami:

    It became known who helped Plahotniuc to escape from Moldova

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 76683f81375cc448ec98371c78c42

    After the transfer of power in Moldova in early June from the Democratic Party to the new coalition of the Party of Socialists and the ACUM bloc, PDM leader Vladimir Plahotniuc secretly left the country in a hurry.
    This was preceded by a two-week resistance involving administrative resources, the Constitutional Court and the General Prosecutor's Office. In parallel with the new authorities, the cabinet of ministers Pavel Filip continued to work , being under heavy guard by a loyal PDM police, clearly preparing for a long defense. All the components of success, it would seem, were obvious, but unexpectedly and simultaneously, the leadership of the Democratic Party "raises its hands", discouraging its comrades-in-arms.
    Something, apparently, greatly frightened Plahotniuc, since the instinct of self-preservation outweighed the desire to maintain power in any way. Earlier, former parliamentary speaker Andrian Candu warned of "the threat of military annexation by Russia."
    “Do you want the green people to appear on the streets? Given the military presence of Russia in the Transnistrian region, we do not want a repetition of the experience of the Crimea and Ukraine, ”said the vice-chairman of the PDM.


    He admitted that the country's president Igor Dodon may turn to Moscow with a request to support the constitutional authorities of Moldova in the conditions of a “captured state”.
    Moldovan journalists conducted their own verification of the circumstances of the urgent evacuation of Vladimir Plahotniuc and came to the conclusion that he was assisted in this by the Transnistrian and Ukrainian security forces, acting under the supervision of US intelligence.
    On the eve of the “master of the country ”’s escape, on June 14, the US ambassador Derek Hogan visited the central office of the Democratic Party on Chisinau Street in Chisinau for no more than 9 minutes. According to the news agency noi.md, the American diplomat informed Plahotniuc “about the arrival in the country of several groups of special forces of one of the foreign states, which were tasked with arresting him or eliminating him.”
    It can be assumed that Hogan's arguments were so weighty that Vladimir Plahotniuc, guarded by hundreds of armed specially trained and equipped with special equipment specialists, could not assess the real threat to his safety, having made the decision that very day, without saying goodbye to his sick mother, family and business partners, to leave from the country.
    The newly appointed Moldovan Interior Minister Andrei Nestase then immediately suggested that Plahotniuc could flee to Ukraine through Transnistria uncontrolled to official Chisinau.
    “There are no other opportunities to quietly leave the country. Our colleagues from Ukraine will tell us whether Plahotniuc used the Transnistrian corridor, where Moldova cannot establish control, ”Nastase said.
    This version has been confirmed.
    “On June 14, between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m., Plahotniuc crossed the border with Transnistria via a bridge across the Dniester River near the village of Bychok without any checks, where representatives of the Transnistrian special services were waiting for him, as well as a group from Ukraine led by the head of the personal guard Poroshenko (ex-president of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko ) is a close friend and partner of Plahotniuc. Also, without checks, the border of Ukraine was crossed, ”said noi.md.
    On the road, Plahotniuc and his entourage change their car. Near midnight, the Moldovan oligarch flies to Miami on a charter plane, where he is currently located. He has elite real estate in the USA, as well as business interests.


    “The whole operation was carried out with the support of the US special services, the state that provided Plahotniuc with certain guarantees,” the investigative journalists said.
    For his part, the head of the US diplomatic mission in Chisinau, Derek Hogan, denies that Washington gave any guarantees to Plahotniuc in exchange for a peaceful transfer of power.
    “There was no agreement between the United States and Plahotniuc regarding the democratic transfer of power in Moldova, for example, that if he leaves, he gets some kind of protection,” he said.
    According to the ambassador, with the appropriate request and the presence of significant circumstances, the USA will extradite the runaway oligarch politician to Moldovan justice.
    “This is absolutely possible, of course, within the framework of our justice system. If the US government receives such a request, it will analyze it. And if on the basis of the case it is concluded that Plahotniuc should be extradited, then this will be done, ”Derek Hogan promised.
    Now, as EADaily reported, Moldovan law enforcement authorities have seized the property of Vladimir Plahotniuc, who, in addition to trying to usurp the authorities, is accused of economic crimes that have caused significant damage to the economy of the republic. Against the former leader of the Democratic Party of the Republic of Moldova, criminal prosecution has also begun in Switzerland.
    Vladimir Plahotniuc, who has a passport of a citizen of the Russian Federation, is also wanted by the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs for bank fraud and the organization of an international drug syndicate.
    Подробнее: https://eadaily.com/ru/news/2019/09/25/stalo-izvestno-kto-pomog-bezhat-plahotnyuku-iz-moldavii?utm_source=24smi&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=2626&utm_content=2471763&utm_campaign=13431



    https://eadaily.com/ru/news/2019/09/25/stalo-izvestno-kto-pomog-bezhat-plahotnyuku-iz-moldavii?utm_source=24smi&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=2626&utm_content=2471763&utm_campaign=13431

    kvs likes this post

    franco
    franco

    Posts : 4300
    Points : 4332
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  franco Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:06 pm

    Second round of the Moldova Presidential elections to take place tomorrow with the pro-western candidate having a 44 to 38 % decided voters lead over the present incumbent Igor Dodon. Both sides accuse the other of preparing color revolutions.
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

    Posts : 1470
    Points : 1460
    Join date : 2015-12-30
    Location : Merkelland

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  Rodion_Romanovic Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:25 pm

    franco wrote:Second round of the Moldova Presidential elections to take place tomorrow with the pro-western candidate having a 44 to 38 % decided voters lead over the present incumbent Igor Dodon. Both sides accuse the other of preparing color revolutions.    
    if they push too much the pro eu and pro Romanian politics, transnistria and gagauzia will declare independence (unfortunately for them, they confine with the Odessa oblast of the ukraine, and not with Russia proper)
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 16336
    Points : 16839
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  George1 Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:25 pm

    Renato Usatîi who came 3rd with 16.9% endorsed the pro-western candidate Maia Sandu on Friday

    Hole
    Hole

    Posts : 4269
    Points : 4263
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 45
    Location : Merkelland

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  Hole Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:14 pm

    Money, money, money... angel
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

    Posts : 1470
    Points : 1460
    Join date : 2015-12-30
    Location : Merkelland

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  Rodion_Romanovic Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:49 pm

    Sandu is ahead in both the exit polls and in the counted votes (80% of the total votes counted till now)


    80% of the votes counted.  Sandu 51.7% Dodon 48.3%.  Now the ballots with the votes of the Moldavians resident abroad should arrive, most probably in favor of Sandu.

    https://t.me/aavst55/9976

    Well, they'll push a pro EU policy also toward assimilation by Romania.   This will have as consequence the independence of Transnistria and Gagauzia
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 7326
    Points : 7475
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:08 pm

    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:Sandu is ahead in both the exit polls and in the counted votes (80% of the total votes counted till now)


    80% of the votes counted.  Sandu 51.7% Dodon 48.3%.  Now the ballots with the votes of the Moldavians resident abroad should arrive, most probably in favor of Sandu.

    https://t.me/aavst55/9976

    Well, they'll push a pro EU policy also toward assimilation by Romania.   This will have as consequence the independence of Transnistria and Gagauzia

    It's getting real predictable now, they'll force a war at Transnistria probably with the clown Zelensky waging a war from the other side. The end result will be Transnistria will finally have a coast to get resupplied, Novorossia's forces may actually get a greenlight to wage an offensive, and the final death-nail for Nord Stream II.
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

    Posts : 1470
    Points : 1460
    Join date : 2015-12-30
    Location : Merkelland

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  Rodion_Romanovic Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:31 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:Sandu is ahead in both the exit polls and in the counted votes (80% of the total votes counted till now)


    80% of the votes counted.  Sandu 51.7% Dodon 48.3%.  Now the ballots with the votes of the Moldavians resident abroad should arrive, most probably in favor of Sandu.

    https://t.me/aavst55/9976

    Well, they'll push a pro EU policy also toward assimilation by Romania.   This will have as consequence the independence of Transnistria and Gagauzia

    It's getting real predictable now, they'll force a war at Transnistria probably with the clown Zelensky waging a war from the other side. The end result will be Transnistria will finally have a coast to get resupplied, Novorossia's forces may actually get a greenlight to wage an offensive, and the final death-nail for Nord Stream II.

    If the ukrainians are so stupid to do that they will lose all the coast from the Danube to Mariupol. At least they will not have to worry about having a navy anymore. The few boats that they have will probably ok for the part of the dnester river that cross Galicia
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 7326
    Points : 7475
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:52 pm

    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:Sandu is ahead in both the exit polls and in the counted votes (80% of the total votes counted till now)


    80% of the votes counted.  Sandu 51.7% Dodon 48.3%.  Now the ballots with the votes of the Moldavians resident abroad should arrive, most probably in favor of Sandu.

    https://t.me/aavst55/9976

    Well, they'll push a pro EU policy also toward assimilation by Romania.   This will have as consequence the independence of Transnistria and Gagauzia

    It's getting real predictable now, they'll force a war at Transnistria probably with the clown Zelensky waging a war from the other side. The end result will be Transnistria will finally have a coast to get resupplied, Novorossia's forces may actually get a greenlight to wage an offensive, and the final death-nail for Nord Stream II.

    If the ukrainians are so stupid to do that they will lose all the coast from the Danube to Mariupol. At least they will not have to worry about having a navy anymore. The few boats that they have will probably ok for the part of the dnester river that cross Galicia

    One things for sure VVP needs to take proper measures for the eventual death of NS-2, the Transnistria play is writing on the wall and you can see it from 100km away, but the good news it they can probably untie the hands of Novorossiya's forces. It'd be nice if they captured the factories for Motor-Sich in Zaporizhzhia, the Malyshev Factory in Kharkov, Yuzhmash factory in Dnipro, the Nikolayev Shipyard in Nikolayev, etc.
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

    Posts : 1470
    Points : 1460
    Join date : 2015-12-30
    Location : Merkelland

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  Rodion_Romanovic Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:22 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    One things for sure VVP needs to take proper measures for the eventual death of NS-2, the Transnistria play is writing on the wall and you can see it from 100km away, but the good news it they can probably untie the hands of Novorossiya's forces. It'd be nice if they captured the factories for Motor-Sich in Zaporizhzhia, the Malyshev Factory in Kharkov, Yuzhmash factory in Dnipro, the Nikolayev Shipyard in Nikolayev, etc.

    Eh, the problem is that a large part of the population of historical Novorussia (the south east of the Ukraine) and of the population of Kharkov Oblast has been brainwashed into hating Russia.

    Possibly a part of those has been faking it for fear of their lives, but many of them would not welcome Russia, and would create problems in case of a reunion of those oblasts into the motherland...

    I do not believe that Russia is ready to do an Armenian/Azeri solution (expel all of the non welcome citizen) there, except for the blatant nazi and those responsible of massacres like the one in Odessa in May 2014.

    LMFS likes this post

    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 10281
    Points : 10428
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  kvs Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:29 pm

    The festering outhouse hole that is the Ukraine will continue to ripen and evapourate. The clowns who live on hate for Russia
    are going to have to eat this shit for a long time. Unlike in Canada and the USA, there will not be any CIA money to feed them
    for this "service". The true state of Ukraine has not sunk into the thick crania of the people living there. They are able to
    float on the residual vapours of the country called Ukraine for now, but that is a fast evanescence transient.

    Russia has clearly made the right decision not to invade this toilet to save it. It can't be saved and will have to learn the hard
    way.

    slasher and LMFS like this post

    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

    Posts : 1470
    Points : 1460
    Join date : 2015-12-30
    Location : Merkelland

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  Rodion_Romanovic Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:34 pm

    Anyway, I still believe that even the Ukrainians learned the Saakashvili lesson, and will not attack directly Russian forces in Transnistria, unless they have suicidal tendencies.

    That reminded me a joke from a few years ago.

    Two ukrainian nazis are discussing about their military operations against the Donbass, and one says; we have to attack them, because the Russians invaders are there too.

    The other one then answer: right, we will do that!, and after that we will attack Crimea!

    And the first one: we can't do that! The Russians are really there!

    LMFS and Hole like this post

    LMFS
    LMFS

    Posts : 3783
    Points : 3785
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  LMFS Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:46 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:One things for sure VVP needs to take proper measures for the eventual death of NS-2, the Transnistria play is writing on the wall and you can see it from 100km away, but the good news it they can probably untie the hands of Novorossiya's forces. It'd be nice if they captured the factories for Motor-Sich in Zaporizhzhia, the Malyshev Factory in Kharkov, Yuzhmash factory in Dnipro, the Nikolayev Shipyard in Nikolayev, etc.

    As others have said, that solution is not really beneficial to Russia. Donbass could be fully liberated, maybe there could even be a surprise in Odessa, which has been a thorn in the side of the nazis from the very beginning and would allow Transnistria to stop being a landlocked territory, but Ukraine has been put on notice and I doubt they can be so stupid to do anything, they live really well exploiting the myth of the war with Russia and they know the real war would be WAY worse...
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 7326
    Points : 7475
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:14 am

    President of Moldova: A soft approach did not help us solve the Transnistrian problem

    LMFS likes this post

    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

    Posts : 1470
    Points : 1460
    Join date : 2015-12-30
    Location : Merkelland

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  Rodion_Romanovic Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:21 am

    magnumcromagnon wrote:President of Moldova: A soft approach did not help us solve the Transnistrian problem
    So, does she want to use the Saakashvili approach for Transnistria?
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 10281
    Points : 10428
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  kvs Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:24 am

    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:President of Moldova: A soft approach did not help us solve the Transnistrian problem
    So, does she want to use the Saakashvili approach for Transnistria?

    Of course he does. Westerners and their quislings are in love with "final solutions" to various problems.

    Moldova has no say in the Transistria case. This yet another case of rabid infantilism as with Ukraine and
    Crimea. Since they got something under the Soviets, it is their ancestral soil.

    If Moldova tries to pull a military action against Transnistria, Russia should act militarily. This has no similarity
    to NK.

    LMFS
    LMFS

    Posts : 3783
    Points : 3785
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  LMFS Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:48 pm

    kvs wrote:Of course he does.  Westerners and their quislings are in love with "final solutions" to various problems.

    Moldova has no say in the Transistria case.   This yet another case of rabid infantilism as with Ukraine and
    Crimea.   Since they got something under the Soviets, it is their ancestral soil.

    If Moldova tries to pull a military action against Transnistria, Russia should act militarily.   This has no similarity
    to NK.

    It is shocking that so many "woke" minds fail to grasp the highly aggressive rhetoric coming from their supposedly democratic leaders that so directly and plainly advocate for war. Both Moldova and Ukraine should be careful what they do in regards of Transnistria, being a landlocked region bordering another hardcore Russian region as Odessa, the possibility of "contagion" of instability to Ukraine and the incentive to getting an access to the Black Sea for the region are very high. Plus of course I agree, the precedents say attacking Russian peacekeepers is not a good idea...

    Hole likes this post

    PhSt
    PhSt

    Posts : 530
    Points : 536
    Join date : 2019-04-02

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  PhSt Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:03 pm

    LMFS wrote:
    kvs wrote:Of course he does.  Westerners and their quislings are in love with "final solutions" to various problems.

    Moldova has no say in the Transistria case.   This yet another case of rabid infantilism as with Ukraine and
    Crimea.   Since they got something under the Soviets, it is their ancestral soil.

    If Moldova tries to pull a military action against Transnistria, Russia should act militarily.   This has no similarity
    to NK.

    It is shocking that so many "woke" minds fail to grasp the highly aggressive rhetoric coming from their supposedly democratic leaders that so directly and plainly advocate for war. Both Moldova and Ukraine should be careful what they do in regards of Transnistria, being a landlocked region bordering another hardcore Russian region as Odessa, the possibility of "contagion" of instability to Ukraine and the incentive to getting an access to the Black Sea for the region are very high. Plus of course I agree, the precedents say attacking Russian peacekeepers is not a good idea...

    Well, if they do something stupid such as attacking Russian peacekeepers then it would give Russia the justification it needs to annex both Ukraine and Moldova russia
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

    Posts : 1470
    Points : 1460
    Join date : 2015-12-30
    Location : Merkelland

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  Rodion_Romanovic Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:54 pm

    kvs wrote:
    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:President of Moldova: A soft approach did not help us solve the Transnistrian problem
    So, does she want to use the Saakashvili approach for Transnistria?

    Of course he does.  Westerners and their quislings are in love with "final solutions" to various problems.

    Moldova has no say in the Transistria case.   This yet another case of rabid infantilism as with Ukraine and
    Crimea.   Since they got something under the Soviets, it is their ancestral soil.

    If Moldova tries to pull a military action against Transnistria, Russia should act militarily.   This has no similarity
    to NK.


    By the way, if I remember correctly transnistria was a part of Novorussia that the soviet leaders attached to the land they got from Romania to "sovietise" it and diminish the Romanian influence...

    It does not belong to Romania and neither Romanians or post independence Moldova ever won a war for it either...

    most of the soviet nations do not work as independent nations anyway. When imperial Russia got them they were either already inglobed in another empire (they lost independence centuries before) or their borders were much smaller than the Soviet ones.

    Actually some nations (like bielorussia) were created from  nothing.

    Most Italian regions have more sensible claim to independence than ukraine or bielorussia anyway.

    kvs, LMFS and Hole like this post

    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 10281
    Points : 10428
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  kvs Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:13 pm

    There is no comparison with Italy and Germany. These Soviet concotions like Belorus have zero real history as distinct
    entities with their own ruling classes and identity. The USSR = 0 as real history of independence. So all of their
    history is post-1991. And they have been degenerating throughout the last 30 years.

    I find it absurd how UK and its pals always bitch about independence of what amounts to parts of ethnic Russia
    (this includes most of Ukraine) when they are composed of different ethnic components. The Welsh and Scots
    are not the English and have very little commonality aside from being part of the UK. I am not advocating they
    start killing each other to separate. But the UK advocates that Russians (of Kievan Rus heritage) kill each other
    for the UK's benefit.

    GarryB and LMFS like this post


    Sponsored content

    Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Moldova and Transnistria Situation Thread

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:49 am