Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+42
Mindstorm
navyfield
dionis
ahmedfire
Russian Patriot
KomissarBojanchev
ali.a.r
xeno
arpakola
Vann7
medo
Deep Throat
NickM
Zivo
George1
Cyberspec
AlfaT8
As Sa'iqa
Sujoy
dino00
Morpheus Eberhardt
TheArmenian
zg18
Firebird
macedonian
Viktor
Stealthflanker
Hannibal Barca
zino
collegeboy16
etaepsilonk
GarryB
sepheronx
magnumcromagnon
Samar Rathi
Austin
calripson
SOC
Regular
TR1
Werewolf
flamming_python
46 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #2

Vann7

The Situation in the Ukraine. #2 - Page 32 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #2

Post  Vann7 Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:09 pm

Sujoy wrote:

At a time when anti US sentiments in INDIA are running high because of the incident involving the Indian diplomat no political party will toe the US line . And if this is NOT enough , INDIA goes into election next month and a new government will come into office not before June .

Not aware of India elections process but can you tell us.. what are the candidates and which ones will be good or very good or bad for Russia
    and who are the strongest ones with biggest possibility to win?
    arpakola
    arpakola

The Situation in the Ukraine. #2 - Page 32 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #2

Post  arpakola Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:47 pm

etaepsilonk wrote:FSB agent arrested in Kiev  Laughing 

rediculus post..
    please take care what U post
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:57 pm

http://consortiumnews.com/2014/03/27/the-danger-of-false-narrative/

Fairly good article.

etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:09 pm

arpakola wrote:
    rediculus post..
    please take care what U post

I don't really understand what you are on about. If eastern European sense of humor somehow insults you, when I'm afraid it's a problem to no one but yourself.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:49 pm

Me and wife found it funny.
    Arpaklo, better follow Your own advice and remove that Femen passing contest picture from this forum. It's not really work safe. And you post same things over and over like You are trying to mould it on stone. Better give Your own insight on the situation, we are already aware of so called news.
    Humour is better than denaturised demagogy that is being spew without a stop from both sides.
    I'm starting to look back at Ukrainian gambit, most interesting things are in the past. Kudos to Russia pulling it off smoothly.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:05 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:"We must shoot'em in the head" - a Ukrainian Nazi sponsor to the counter-coup protesters in the East:

It's even more pathetic when You realise that this guy is Russian.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:16 am

Regular wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:"We must shoot'em in the head" - a Ukrainian Nazi sponsor to the counter-coup protesters in the East:

It's pathetic in-general for any person of Slavic heritage to promote Nazism, Slavs were the greatest victims of WW2 by numerical volume!
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:17 am

Smoking Gun: Even NBC admits that the "Russian Military build up on the Russian/Ukrainian border to invade Ukraine" was a over-hyped exaggerated erroneous claim, but you can see that they're still trying to grasp straws:

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:44 am

I don't really understand what you are on about. If eastern European sense of humor somehow insults you, when I'm afraid it's a problem to no one but yourself.

This is an international forum... if jokes are not obvious please explain for general understanding, or do not post please.

Thats the thing. If they move it to Russia, then they not only create jobs, but as well with automation, they can reduce overall costs making it cheaper in long run. As well, they wont become reliant on another country and their silly politics. Microprocessors for military in Russia are made in Russia. For industrial applications and alike, made in Taiwan. But helicopter engines and optical systems/avionics for strategic business like Mil or Kamov should not come from outside because can ruin business for Russia.

In the past production of a range of engines at Motor Sich has not been a problem because they needed the money and never refused to sell before.
    At the same time work has been done to reproduce such production capability in Russia but because there was no threat of them not supplying it hasn't been something that is seen as being urgent.... they would be idiots to refuse to sell to their biggest client that pays on time.

Clearly idiots are now in power and will likely use their position to destroy their own remaining military industry by cutting ties with Russia... presumably with the offer for cooperation with the west... which will most likely result in a big western company taking over and stripping them of any useful assets and then selling what remains for peanuts.

Of course it is all together possible they might move their own production to Ukraine to benefit from low land rents and cheap skilled labour but that would result in job losses in their own country which will make them unpopular.

Ironically it means Europe finally has a decent helicopter engine production capacity for 10-14 ton class helos. the most powerful helicopter engine... D-136s are made in the Ukraine too AFAIK... 11,200hp each.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:22 am

With all the media hype of "Russia is a threat to the world", an actual poll conducted in November-December of 2013, by notable polling entities such as Gallup, which the poll encompassed 70,000 respondents in 65 countries...Guess who's considered the biggest threat according to the majority of the world's population? Embarassed unshaven pwnd 

The Situation in the Ukraine. #2 - Page 32 BkFU4OLCAAE9_8G
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:07 am

http://fkoz.feodosia.com.ua/

This optical plant makes the Oplot's laser warning and wind sensor equipment.
    Apparently they are happy to change sides, and want defense orders Very Happy .
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:41 am

http://fkoz.feodosia.com.ua/main3.phtml

What they make.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:20 am

TR1 wrote:http://fkoz.feodosia.com.ua/

This optical plant makes the Oplot's laser warning and wind sensor equipment.
    Apparently they are happy to change sides, and want defense orders Very Happy.

lol

So now it will be classified as a Russian enterprise. Meaning that whatever contracts they have had are now part of Rosoboronexport.

Add to that, hopefully investments will be placed into the company for modernization.
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:07 am

To magnum:
    "It's pathetic in-general for any person of Slavic heritage to promote Nazism, Slavs were the greatest victims of WW2 by numerical volume!"

No, that would be Chinese.

to garryb:
    "This is an international forum... if jokes are not obvious please explain for general understanding, or do not post please."

Sorry, but I think that an emoticon is a pretty obvious international sign to recognize post's joking nature. Add to that a clear inaccuracy for internal security agency operating in a foreign country.

And if a person fails to recognize these, well, maybe he should consider educating himself a little before posting on an international forum in the first place?  Wink

-----------------------
    In other news, Polish are truly a menacing adversary, they managed to to see right through putin's evil plan  Smile 
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #2 - Page 32 1613949_720679567982126_753700546_n

---------------
    Tanks are starting to be deployed in Crimean territory:
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:02 am

Regular wrote:

Yes he's an ethnic Russian Ukrainian millionaire who was popular for his series of youtube videos about how to reform the Ukrainian banking system and allow all foreign currency to be used on Ukrainian territory.

When Russia invaded the Crimea he made a video lambasting Putin, but also calling on everyone not to fire on Russian soldiers, etc... because they are the same people as them.

Then he went to the Crimea itself, started coming up to people on the street and asking them if it's money they need, etc... well he provoked enough people and then got a black-eye followed by a long-ass lecture about morals, religion, etc... at the hands of some Cossacks Smile

You can see he looks a bit battered in this vid, which was taken on Maidan sq. shortly after he returned to Kiev and this time he's using a lot more fiery language  Razz 
    But he's not a Nazi really - just severely butt-hurt.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:58 am

Most estimates I have seen talk about approximately 20 million Chinese military and civilian deaths from WWII. Most estimates for the Soviet Union alone are12-15 million military and 20-25 million civilians... not all of which were of Slavic ethnicity of course.

Sorry, but I think that an emoticon is a pretty obvious international sign to recognize post's joking nature. Add to that a clear inaccuracy for internal security agency operating in a foreign country.

Your original post was not a problem, it was your reaction to a reply you got.

All you had to say was that if you had trouble understanding it there is an option to translate the captions into English and that the piece was satire and that would be the end of it.

It is how grown ups behave.  Razz 

Hahaha... imagine at the second he says that Russians should be shot in the head that a bullet penetrates his skull from "somewhere". At least he would die happy.

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:10 am

Vann7 wrote:Not aware of India elections process but can you tell us.. what are the candidates and which ones will be good or very good or bad for Russia  
    and who are the strongest ones with biggest possibility to win?

Actually no one party rules India . It's always a Coalition . Or at least that's how it has been for the last 20 years .

There are two major Coalitions , the UPA ( United Progressive Alliance) led by the Congress party and the NDA (National Democratic Alliance) led by the BJP .  

The current UPA government is mired in corruption charges that has cost the exchequer billions of dollars .

Current opinion poll shows that the NDA will win but not by a landslide .

Irrespective of who wins India's ties with Russia will remain un affected  as Russia has always been considered an ally . I personally hope that economic ties between India & Russia grows manifold . Both sides have talked about this but have not taken any concrete actions to ensure growth .

You may choose to read this

http://in.rbth.com/blogs/2014/03/31/young_india_warms_to_russia_34139.html
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:52 am

GarryB wrote:

Most estimates I have seen talk about approximately 20 million Chinese military and civilian deaths from WWII. Most estimates for the Soviet Union alone are12-15 million military and 20-25 million civilians... not all of which were of Slavic ethnicity of course.

Your original post was not a problem, it was your reaction to a reply you got.

All you had to say was that if you had trouble understanding it there is an option to translate the captions into English and that the piece was satire and that would be the end of it.

It is how grown ups behave.   Razz 

I think it is much more than 20 million, more like 40 million, if not more. Given the size of Chinese population and Japanese "tactics", it's quite believable.

And reply what I got was "your post is ridiculous". That's it. Well, when you get such a reply, you'd expect some kind of clarification, if you were to take it seriously, wouldn't you?
    And since I haven't received any, I assumed that it could just be some trolling, drunk post, or stupidity, and responded accordingly  Smile
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:15 am

I think it is much more than 20 million, more like 40 million, if not more. Given the size of Chinese population and Japanese "tactics", it's quite believable.

Another factor being the Japanese occupation of Manchuria in the early 1930s meant the war there actually continued for over a decade but there is a western mantra that WWII as we know it started in 1939 and ended in 1945. The Chinese could argue it started in 1933, the Soviets and Americans might say it started in 1941... the Germans might say it started in 1918.

The actions of the Japanese that were largely ignored by the US government after the war is one of the main things that made me realise the US is a do as I say and not as I do sort of outfit.

They will fight shoulder to shoulder with the Russians in WWI and the Soviets in WWII and then get into bed with the West Germans and the Japanese to turn on the Soviets in the cold war... being their ally is exhausting... just keeping up with who to hate.

And reply what I got was "your post is ridiculous". That's it. Well, when you get such a reply, you'd expect some kind of clarification, if you were to take it seriously, wouldn't you?

You could have put on your big boy pants and asked for clarification... that would make it a discussion instead of a rant.
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:28 am

To garryb:

"Another factor being the Japanese occupation of Manchuria in the early 1930s meant the war there actually continued for over a decade but there is a western mantra that WWII as we know it started in 1939 and ended in 1945. The Chinese could argue it started in 1933, the Soviets and Americans might say it started in 1941... the Germans might say it started in 1918."

Second sino-japanese war started in 1937.

"The actions of the Japanese that were largely ignored by the US government after the war is one of the main things that made me realise the US is a do as I say and not as I do sort of outfit."

Ehem  Rolling Eyes 
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Military_Tribunal_for_the_Far_East

"They will fight shoulder to shoulder with the Russians in WWI and the Soviets in WWII and then get into bed with the West Germans and the Japanese to turn on the Soviets in the cold war... being their ally is exhausting... just keeping up with who to hate."

USA doesn't like countries, which may challenge their hegemony. Nothing personal, just business, as they say Smile And it's not like that rule is limited to America alone.

"You could have put on your big boy pants and asked for clarification... that would make it a discussion instead of a rant."

"I don't really understand what you are on about. If eastern European sense of humor somehow insults you, when I'm afraid it's a problem to no one but yourself."

Looks like an indirect question to me.
    Austin

Post  Austin Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:44 pm

The man who headed Saudi Arabia’s intelligence service for 24 years talks to Edward Luce about equal rights for Saudi women, and which country has the best spies

Lunch with the FT: Prince Turki al-Faisal

Having drunk my coffee, I move back on to international affairs, asking what he thinks of Vladimir Putin’s incursion into Crimea? “I’m reminded of children’s stories,” Turki says. “The wolf is attacking a pack [sic] of sheep. It is gobbling up one of them and going about its business eating and the rest of the sheep are bleating.” At this point he mimics a sheep: “Baaaaaa baaaaaaaa.” There is a twinkle in his eye. “This is what is happening today. While the wolf is eating the sheep, there is no shepherd to come to the rescue of the pack. This is where we find ourselves today.”

But how should the west respond? I remind him that a few months ago he had criticised Obama for having set a red line on Syria’s use of chemical weapons and then failed to act on it. The line then turns pink and eventually white, Turki had added. The Obama administration had reacted testily to his words. “If you are going to set a red line, you must act on the red line,” Turki says now. “This is what Putin is very much a master of. He has kept quiet. You didn’t hear him roaring, or boasting, or anything like that. He is quiet. The rest of the world is going baaaaaaaa. It’s a terrible situation.” But what can the world reasonably do? Turki smiles. “You’re British, he says, “so you would remember the charge of the light brigade [the disastrous British cavalry charge against well-defended Russian forces during the Crimean war].”

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/9eb2ba0c-a9e0-11e3-adab-00144feab7de.html?ftcamp=published_links%2Frss%2Flife-arts%2Ffeed%2F%2Fproduct#axzz2vxwsOtPi
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:54 pm

Nice  thumbsup 

Serbia Refuses to Back EU Sanctions Against Russia Over Crimea

"We will not be part of this because it would mean going against a country that has never introduced sanctions against Serbia, even when it was pounded with bombs and its territorial integrity was violated by other nations," the future prime minister underscored.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:39 pm

Viktor wrote:Nice  thumbsup 

Serbia Refuses to Back EU Sanctions Against Russia Over Crimea

"We will not be part of this because it would mean going against a country that has never introduced sanctions against Serbia, even when it was pounded with bombs and its territorial integrity was violated by other nations," the future prime minister underscored.

GREAT NEWS!
    Let's hope many governments will follow.
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that, though our government seems to be closing-up to Russia, and Russian media is very active here these days.

Anyway - my congrats to the Serbs for showing others how independence works.
    Great news indeed.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:04 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Regular wrote:

When Russia invaded the Crimea he made a video lambasting Putin, but also calling on everyone not to fire on Russian soldiers, etc... because they are the same people as them.

Russia invaded Crimea? This is news to me, because last time I checked Russia had a legal military base in Crimea since 1997, and a military prescence in Crimea since the 1700's! There's this saying here in America "Remember the Alamo", I think in this scenario we should have a saying "Remember the Crimean War" pointing out the obvious fact that the Russians had a military presence in Crimea since forever, and that the British, the French, and the Turkish military powers have been trying to take that piece of land for themselves, I think those facts are quite relevant even today.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:17 pm

Oh stop.

We invaded it.
    Blockaded Ukrainian bases.
    Held a referendum that we knew would go our way.

The Alamo and the Mexican-American war was one of America aggressively seeking and getting war to expand its territory with Mexico.
    You really wanna draw that comparison Wink . I guess Russia did grab land, but thankfully there was no war.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:49 pm