Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+42
Mindstorm
navyfield
dionis
ahmedfire
Russian Patriot
KomissarBojanchev
ali.a.r
xeno
arpakola
Vann7
medo
Deep Throat
NickM
Zivo
George1
Cyberspec
AlfaT8
As Sa'iqa
Sujoy
dino00
Morpheus Eberhardt
TheArmenian
zg18
Firebird
macedonian
Viktor
Stealthflanker
Hannibal Barca
zino
collegeboy16
etaepsilonk
GarryB
sepheronx
magnumcromagnon
Samar Rathi
Austin
calripson
SOC
Regular
TR1
Werewolf
flamming_python
46 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #2

flamming_python
    flamming_python

The Situation in the Ukraine. #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #2

Post  flamming_python Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:51 am

Probably just got a Sokol vest and dressed one of their own guys up for this dark, murky vid where you can't see shit.

I mean what - American mercanaries in Donetsk, seemingly unarmed, not part of any squad and gets subdued just like that?

Same BS as those 'SSO' vids we saw 2 months ago, where a few guys were dressed in some SSO-like uniforms (at least the top half anyway) and some tacticool vests, etc... unarmed of course.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

The Situation in the Ukraine. #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #2

Post  Cyberspec Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:59 am

Yeah it's probably staged...

The Donetsk government plans to extend it's authority over neighboring towns in the region according to the deputy commander of "peoples defence" Cipljakov

Ex commander of Ukr. Alfa unit (he is on Russian side now) claims that there aren't enough trained SF personnel in Ukraine to successfully storm the Donetsk admin building....but they can use brute force which would result in mass casualties.

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:06 pm

That's why I'm afraid of. Ukrainian media already dehumanised protesters, called them armed terrorists, Russian agents.
    All it would take is minor provocation and it will go ballistic. Pro Russians too should have more sense than maidanists.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:06 pm

RT Stream from Donetsk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZarRyyHVOI

Vid from yesterday in Lugansk:
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/45952763

Around the 15th minute or so there is good footage about the large crowd further away from the building
    From the 24th minute it starts giving a look-around their infastructure; field kitchens, camps, all the people gathered around there
    From the 29th minute - a view of the huge crowd in front of the Lugansk regional adminstration building.

All in all - many, many people.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:26 pm

Regular wrote:Why did he let himself be captured in first place?
    I have been under the impression that, normally people get captured; they don't let themselves to be captured.

Regular wrote:Where are his comrades?
    It's not clear to me who he is. If he is a terrorist, he wouldn't have any comrades.

Regular wrote:I think they will use lethal force or it will be same fate as Berkut. This thing will end with piles of bodies for sure.
    What do you mean by "they"?

What would this situation have to do with Berkut?

Can you write in a way that is understandable?

Is it that you want the terrorists to use force, or you are asking why they aren't? The reason the terrorists may be terrified of using force may be because they think if they use force then Russia would go motoring to Poland in 10 hours.

May be I didn't understand, at all, what you were trying to say.
    zino
    zino

Post  zino Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:49 pm

to flamming,
    you seem the most educated on the matter..is it possible to donate some money to the "Donetsk Republic" from the west (by SMS or something and without frauds)? That vice video was inspiring me. Or at least to show some moral support for them in the net from the "English speaking" community.
    Thanks in advance for the reply.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:01 pm

He is from Sokil, same people we seen before dispersing crowds.
    They never act alone, if You capture one rest of them will take action to retrieve their comrade. You can even qualify this as hostage rescue when deadly force is allowed.
    By letting himself to be captured I mean that there were no use of firearms. Try to capture someone who has firearm and is proficient to use it. No matter who they are if they are threatening your well being, you have all rights to dispatch them. Aim for the legs if You have right distance or aim at centre of mass if shtf.
    Berkut have failed to implement even basic self defence and what happened? Some of them where strangled, knifed, shot and etc.

It's not clear to me who he is. If he is a terrorist, he wouldn't have any comrades.
    Terrorist with full battle gear with Sokil written on it? Are you serious?? Infiltration would be their main goal. I would dress as civilian, would wear George ribbon and as you see people there are just regular folks, they would let you in. I could carry firearm no problems, or even ied. Set a tent. Prepare explosives, pipe bombs and only Your imagination can stop you from thinking ways how to do harm. Ffs I felt shit for even thinking about it.  

Pro gov forces.

Is it that you want the terrorists to use force, or you are asking why they aren't? The reason the terrorists may be terrified of using force may be because they think if they use force then Russia would go motoring to Poland in 10 hours.
    I was asking why they haven't used it yet. Avakov gave green light anyway.
    Well for terrorists it would be OK if Poland would be destroyed and Russia and Europe would have ten of thousands dead. Why should they care about Poland or You implying they are Polish? If I was caucasian /Nazi/anarchist terrorist I would love to see Russians dieing in a useless war which would lead to destruction of both US and Russia.
    arpakola
    arpakola

Post  arpakola Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:29 pm

zino wrote:to flamming,
    you seem the most educated on the matter..is it possible to donate some money to the "Donetsk Republic" from the west (by SMS or something and without frauds)? That vice video was inspiring me. Or at least to show some moral support for them in the net from the "English speaking" community.

VICE news is NATO sponsored NGO ..

Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:32 pm

Regular wrote:He is from Sokil, same people we seen before dispersing crowds.
    They never act alone, if You capture one rest of them will take action to retrieve their comrade. You can even qualify this as hostage rescue when deadly force is allowed.
    By letting himself to be captured I mean that there were no use of firearms. Try to capture someone who has firearm and is proficient to use it. No matter who they are if they are threatening your well being, you have all rights to dispatch them. Aim for the legs if You have right distance or aim at centre of mass if shtf.
    Berkut have failed to implement even basic self defence and what happened? Some of them where strangled, knifed, shot and etc.

Terrorist with full battle gear with Sokil written on it? Are you serious?? Infiltration would be their main goal. I would dress as civilian, would wear George ribbon and as you see people there are just regular folks, they would let you in. I could carry firearm no problems, or even ied. Set a tent. Prepare explosives, pipe bombs and only Your imagination can stop you from thinking ways how to do harm.  

Pro gov forces.

I was asking why they haven't used it yet. Avakov gave green light anyway.
    Well for terrorists it would be OK if Poland would be destroyed and Russia and Europe would have ten of thousands dead. Why should they care about Poland or You implying they are Polish? If I was caucasian /Nazi/anarchist terrorist I would love to see Russians dieing in a useless war which would lead to destruction of both US and Russia.

By terrorists I am referring to entities affiliated with the illegitimate, coup d'état government of the region which is presently called Ukraine; the terrorists only use force when there is no danger to them.

When "Avakov" says something, it doesn't mean that he means it.

I was using Poland just as an example; I was referring to the Ukraine's border with Poland. What I am saying is that it would only take Russia around 10 hours to motor to Poland or to other Ukrainian western borders, and the terrorists may know this.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:39 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    By terrorists I am referring to entities affiliated with the illegitimate, coup d'état government of the region which is presently called Ukraine; the terrorists only use force when there is no danger to them.

When "Avakov" says something, it doesn't mean that he means it.

I was using Poland just as an example; I was referring to the Ukraine's border with Poland. What I am saying is that it would only take Russia around 10 hours to motor to Poland or to other Ukrainian western borders, and the terrorists may know this.
    Oh ok got it.
    It is still to early to call them terrorists. But they sure threaten people like them. I hope everything will be solved with a dialog. Ukrainian government seems to dig hole for themselves by trying to use force.
    arpakola
    arpakola

Post  arpakola Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:59 pm

http://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2014/04/9/7021863/
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:07 pm

I don't know about the Donetsk Republic itself; I have seen a couple of things from forum posts, vkontakte messages, etc... but they could just as easily be some con-artistry.
    If I hear of any confirmed details I'll let you know by PM.

In the meantime, I have seen some details for donating money to the online Lugansk & Donetsk internet streams, and they look legit because these details are published right on the stream sites themselves. These are internet streams, so not the organisers of the protests themselves - but still, I think that the money can do some good; those streams are being followed by several million people right now, and it costs money to keep them up, and to further develop the project.
    Of course sending the money to the anti-Maidan movement/Donetsk republic itself would be better
    I've PM'd you the details in any case.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:26 pm

flamming_python wrote:

I don't know about the Donetsk Republic itself; I have seen a couple of things from forum posts, vkontakte messages, etc... but they could just as easily be some con-artistry.

In the meantime, I have seen some details for donating money to the online Lugansk & Donetsk internet streams, and they look legit because these details are published right on the stream sites themselves. These are internet streams, so not the organisers of the protests themselves - but still, I think that the money can do some good; those streams are being followed by several million people right now, and it costs money to keep them up, and to further develop the project.
    Of course sending the money to the anti-Maidan movement/Donetsk republic itself would be better

Can you pm me too? I want to donate.
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:55 pm

flamming_python wrote:

Why don't put a sticker thread?  russia 
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:06 pm

etaepsilonk wrote:

i agree and i suggest to change the title also, because the current title blames Putin for situation in Ukraine
    arpakola
    arpakola

Post  arpakola Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:46 pm

George1 wrote:
    etaepsilonk wrote:

i agree and i suggest to change the title also, because the current title blames Putin for situation in Ukraine

yes the title is out of the blue..  unshaven 

-------

https://www.russiadefence.net/viewtopic.forum?t=3087

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:23 pm