Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+37
ali.a.r
Zivo
calripson
Sujoy
Russian Patriot
collegeboy16
Airbornewolf
TheArmenian
mutantsushi
As Sa'iqa
Werewolf
Admin
russianumber1
magnumcromagnon
mack8
medo
Pyrrus
navyfield
Cyberspec
zino
Hannibal Barca
etaepsilonk
George1
Viktor
KomissarBojanchev
AlfaT8
Firebird
Austin
Regular
sepheronx
d_taddei2
zg18
TR1
macedonian
flamming_python
GarryB
TheRealist
41 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1

flamming_python
    flamming_python

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #1

Post  flamming_python Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:34 am

Werewolf wrote:
    TR1 wrote:Bitchko needs to stick to boxing.

I would have thought supporting the Oranges (turned out well eh) would have backed him off from politics.

He is only ridiculing himself and damaging its own reputation.

Either he got hit already to often against his head or not enough to correct his stupid political position which only damages Ukraine.

I'm not sure if he is really that naive to think EU is good for Ukraine or just bribed by banks to be a prominent fool to polish the damaged EU image.

Of course he's been bribed. Well 'bribed' as in recruited by German intelligence with the support of the EU and US. He's a German citizen FFS.
    The West doesn't even bother to hide it when they install people in power. A lot of the Baltic leaders had/still have Canadian, Swedish, etc... citizenship. Poland's foreign minister Radek Sikorsky, basically lived and studied in England all throughout the 80s. Yushchenko's wife is American. Saakashvilli studied in Columbia and worked throughout Europe. Navalny took classes at Yale (same university as George. W. Bush attended).
    Like I said - no-one bothers to hide it; just follow the foreign links. If a prominent Russian/CIS activist or politician studied, worked, has close relatives from, or has citizenship in a Western country - than there is a good likelihood that they are a Western agent. Quadruple points if they are published, quoted and highlighted in Western media - actually not quadruple points; it's pretty much a dead giveaway.

Hannibal Barca wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    TR1 wrote:Bitchko needs to stick to boxing.

I would have thought supporting the Oranges (turned out well eh) would have backed him off from politics.

He is only ridiculing himself and damaging its own reputation.

Either he got hit already to often against his head or not enough to correct his stupid political position which only damages Ukraine.

I'm not sure if he is really that naive to think EU is good for Ukraine or just bribed by banks to be a prominent fool to polish the damaged EU image.

a) Most of the political elite is indeed bribed

b) Many former Soviets have inferiority complex after the resolution of the USSR and follow West blindly

c) A huge number of Ukrainians don't care about Ukraine, they simply want to fly the country no matter what

b) Finally there is a certain number of retards like in every country that they don't see that Eastern capital totally controls Ukraine and no matter what the game is over.

QFT
    etaepsilonk

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #1

Post  etaepsilonk Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:07 pm

To Viktor:
    I think, I wrote that the site is for news, not political BS.

To zino:
    Maybe, march to Kiev?  Very Happy 
    zino
    zino

Post  zino Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:01 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:Yanukovich simply clears the last resistance. The game won in favor of Russia.
    You guys have no faith and you are ready to panic and fly. Inferiority complex in action.

AhrAhrAhr! Hannibal, you always deliver! Laughing 
    However, here it's not a matter of faith but of facts. Could you share your vision about Ukraine until and immediatly after the 2015 presidential election? Because I can see only a big pile of shit (I'm talking from a pro-russian perspective).
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:47 pm

I am shocked that you live in Northern Italy and you are pessimistic. I mean I realize how mighty EU looks from outside like USSR in the 80s but those of us who live inside we more or less realize that we are about to step into a chaotic situation.

FACT IS that Russian and Chinese investments control Ukraine's fate.
    FACT IS that the the only loans Ukraine can get is from Russia and probably China but certainly not from EU
    FACT IS that Russia is by far the biggest trading partner of Ukraine both export and import wise and China is in the process of being the second biggest (if they are not already, I am not sure right now)
    FACT IS that pro-Western traitors acknowledge that once they sign with EU they will have to ask for IMF loans pretty much instantly, and we all now what IMF means, don't we?
    FACT IS that EU is in a shitty position? Are we gonna survive? I really don't think so, and every time an emerging economy goes up a new nail is placed in our coffin.
    FACT IS that opposition in Ukraine is divided and can be counter bribed as is so common in Ukrainian mentality
    FACT IS that opposition's biggest party is in disarray  and Klitchko and the rest still come from a very slow percentage in the elections
    FACT IS that demonstrations lost steam after a while in December as Yanukovic and his ministers did the right moves and expose EU's inability to provide immediate economic help
    FACT IS that the new demonstrations started after governments new regulations have a purpose to let the chaos hang on and not to succeed anything. Opposition memorandums are completely ridiculous, they don't have more that a few troublemakers anymore and Yanukovich control his ministers his partly and former-PMs very well.

From all this and much more I expect that Ukraine will remain afloat until 2015, Yanukovich will strengthen his position as the only trustworthy solution, China's and Russia's huge investments and support will give prestige to the government, May's EU elections will bring MANY far-right pro-Russian MPs to the parliament and expose more the division inside EU and the last remaining players of the opposition will be either bribed (like what I expect for this chocolate guy I forgot his name) either undermined or exposed like Klitchko or will submit like Timoshenko.
    With all this in sight I expect the pro-Russian government to rise EVEN STRONGER after 2015's elections.
    zino
    zino

Post  zino Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:10 pm

Thank you for your reply. I want to underline that I didn't want to be sarcastic or something. For sure you have noticed that my English is a little ehm...embarassing. You provided me a good laugh with the "ready to panic and fly" allegory. About pessimism, I think you are right. It's the Zeitgeist here in Italy, and probably I'm not able to distance me from it.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:31 pm

I think Ukraine have a problem in different mentalities, which come through historical division of Ukraine. Eastern part was mostly part of Imperial Russia, while western part was mostly part of Kingdom of Poland or Habsburg monarchy. After Orange revolution, this division in Ukraine become deeper, so I wouldn't be surprised, if Ukraine will be separated in two independent states, where western part will go into EU integration or with Poland and eastern part will be more connected with Russia and Belarus. Don't forget, that Poland still have aspirations to reach Black Sea shore, as they have in mid age Poland.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1 - Page 9 Polska11
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:17 am

Nationalistic crap inbound -> It was Lithuania that have spanned to Black Sea not Poland. 
    But I digress. 
    If it happens and Ukraine splits into two (I doubt anyone wants that) then EUkrainians will have to put their EU ambitions to the side for years to come.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:15 am

It's bizarre that Western Ukrainians actually believe the EU is paradise, while countless citizens in Spain, Portugal, Greece, and Italy are protesting over the EU troika economic policies 24/7/365. Also here's a interesting tid bit about Vitali Clitorishko...apparently he has a past history of steroid abuse, how lovely:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/boxing/2389404/Boxing-Klitschko-admits-steroid-abuse.html
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:17 am

Don't forget, grand Duchy of Lithuania and Kingdom of Poland were an union state. Western Ukraine with Lviv or Lwow in polish was also part of pre-WW2 Poland. And western Belarus too.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1 - Page 9 Poland10
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:18 pm

Speaking for western Ukrainians  I've always wondered why they only call  Russians "occupiers" and hate only them when for most of the time it was occupied and ravaged by Poland or hungary. In the late 1930s Ukrainian nationalists rebelled in the Carpathian Ukrainian territories and were brutally crushed by the fascist Hungarian and slovakian regimes yet today's Ukrainian nationalist never mention this fact and as I said only portray Russians as having "occupied" Ukraine.  scratch
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:30 pm

To medo:
    Thank you for posting the republic of Lithuania map, but it's a little inaccurate, western strip at the Baltic sea should be ours too  Wink 
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:28 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:It's bizarre that Western Ukrainians actually believe the EU is paradise, while countless citizens in Spain, Portugal, Greece, and Italy are protesting over the EU troika economic policies 24/7/365. Also here's a interesting tid bit about Vitali Clitorishko...apparently he has a past history of steroid abuse, how lovely:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/boxing/2389404/Boxing-Klitschko-admits-steroid-abuse.html

Do You think radicals care about EU? They would be the first ones screaming that EU is the new devil. It's not pro EU riot, it's anti Yanukovitch riot. Simple as that.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:41 pm

KomissarBojanchev wrote:Speaking for western Ukrainians  I've always wondered why they only call  Russians "occupiers" and hate only them when for most of the time it was occupied and ravaged by Poland or hungary. In the late 1930s Ukrainian nationalists rebelled in the Carpathian Ukrainian territories and were brutally crushed by the fascist Hungarian and slovakian regimes yet today's Ukrainian nationalist never mention this fact and as I said only portray Russians as having "occupied" Ukraine.  scratch
    Mate there are plenty of western Ukrainians who hate Polish and call them occupiers as well. Polish are not so keen with Ukrainians too. Wink I've spent some summers in Ukraine years ago and I doubt that anything changed.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:33 pm

medo wrote:Don't forget, grand Duchy of Lithuania and Kingdom of Poland were an union state. Western Ukraine with Lviv or Lwow in polish was also part of pre-WW2 Poland. And western Belarus too.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1 - Page 9 Poland10
    Looks like the soviet's acquisition of territories in 1939 to BSSR and UkrSSR were fair after all. So much for the "evil commies genocided eastern Poland" rhetoric Rolling Eyes 
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:00 am

Ooh, for the love of....
    US ‘Will Stand With the People of Ukraine’ – Kerry
    Ria Novosti
    The man should have just come out and said "yes,we are responsible for the current unrest in Ukraine".  Suspect 

I mean WTF, are majority of the people in Ukraine ignorant enough to actually not realize that this so called "uprising" is nothing more than flipin sham. angry 

Come on there not even trying to hide it, Yushchenko even tried to bring Ukraine into NATO FFS, we all know where this is going why haven't they figured it out yet. No 
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:07 pm

AlfaT8 wrote:Ooh, for the love of....
    US ‘Will Stand With the People of Ukraine’ – Kerry
    Ria Novosti
    The man should have just come out and said "yes,we are responsible for the current unrest in Ukraine".  Suspect 

I mean WTF, are majority of the people in Ukraine ignorant enough to actually not realize that this so called "uprising" is nothing more than flipin sham. angry 

Come on there not even trying to hide it, Yushchenko even tried to bring Ukraine into NATO FFS, we all know where this is going why haven't they figured it out yet. No 

Ah, come on, why not let them? I mean, this US policy actually greatly served Russian interests with it's Syrian fiasco  Razz  So, if Americans want to repeat the same mistake in UA, why any "not-western" force should stop them?  Smile 
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:10 pm

Good point. They are so incompetent that they self-destruct actually  Laughing 
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:19 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:Good point. They are so incompetent that they self-destruct actually  Laughing 

Who? Americans or protesters?  Wink 

On another note, it seems that Kiev police are resupplying:

"Citing a leaked document, EuroMaidan PR -- the official public relations service of the pro-democracy EuroMaidan movement -- said the Interior Ministry is seeking more ammunition and supplies in its bid to quell demonstrations that have entered their 66th day on Jan. 25. They say the request came from Lt. Gen. Stanislav Shuliak wrote a letter, with a list of needs including:

1. 9 mm gun ammunition - 4,000,000;

2. 14.5 mm blanks - 150,000;

3. 40 mm charges VOG - 25 - 100,000;

4. Tents - 350 ;

5. Field kitchens - 150;

6. Thermoses - 1,050. -- Brian Bonner"

RIP....
    "Police officer reported killed; National Resistance Headquarters denies involvement

5 a.m., Jan. 25 -- From Ukrainska Pravda: The body of a 27-year-old police officer with a gunshot wound to the head has been found in Kyiv's Holosivisky District the evening of Jan. 24. The press service of the Interior Ministry said guards working at a construction site found the body. The men reportedly heard shots and ran in the direction from where they came. Witnesses said two strangers fled the scene. The ministry says the officer was going home and unarmed, but lived in a hostel where riot police officers were staying. The ministry said that it had received notice of armed provocations earlier. A link to the Interior Ministry's statement is here.

The following denial was issued through the opposition Batkivshchyna Party denying involvement in the killing as well as reported assault and kidnapping of three other officers:

"The Headquarters of the National Resistance expressed condolences to the family of the deceased sergeant from the Holosivivsky District police department. It is a tragedy that must be investigated promptly and professionally. Murder can not be justified." The EuroMaidan statement, however, blames President Viktor Yanukovych's administration for not preventing this and deaths of EuroMaidan activists on Jan. 22 because of "the inability of the authorities to hear their own people, common sense and do what is necessary to resolve the acute crisis." It also asks police to "refrain from provoking situations with false and dangerous news," including the report on three officers being attacked and injured in Independence Square. It also casts doubt on the reported murder of the police officer.-- Brian Bonner"

People are getting angry...
    "More than 10,000 people in Lviv attend funeral on Jan. 24 of slain activist

5:51 a.m., Jan. 25 -- Some 10,000 Ukrainians took part in the funeral ceremony of slain protester Yuri Verbytsky on Jan. 24. Verbytsky was abducted on Jan. 21 and his beaten body was found on Jan. 23 in a forest near Boryspil south of Kyiv on Jan. 23. Verbytsky and fellow activist Ihor Lutsenko were abducted by a group of 10 men in a Kyiv hospital where Verbytsky was seeking treatment for injuries. Lutsenko was also beaten and taken outside of Kyiv, but survived the attack. Authorities are investigating after initially refuting that the men were abducted. -- Brian Bonner"

Looks like the police used lethal bullets against protesters  Neutral 

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/report-lethal-car-stopper-ammunition-used-against-protesters-during-hrushevskoho-street-clashes-335579.html
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:44 pm

While Ukrainian cops show good restrain, Berkut makes the headlines and makes Russian OMON look like Swiss guard. Even so much "hated" OMON doesn't do crap like this and is more professional than those Berkut idiots. No wonder radicals have support from rest of protesters.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1 - Page 9 8894451_original

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1 - Page 9 Bem7s0PCMAE_3oR

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1 - Page 9 Aq1kE5c

And yeah, lethal bullets are old news. They seem to be using anti-vehicle bullets for some time. Maybe it has lower charge, but this shit is still deadly. 

Hope it will end soon. Ukraine as a country needs to get it's shit sorted or split in to couple entities and end their crappy revolutions.
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:49 pm

Attempting to whip up a coup is basically an act of war. And that is what the US, together with selected low lifes from the EU are attempting.
    Bearing in mind that in years past, America actually set up Al Qaeda to ruin the Soviet Union, I think its time Russia stood up to the World's number one playground bully. Democrcts, let alone Republicans are openly saying they will do all that they can to prevent the Eurasian Union growing.

Imagine if Russia started funding Black Power/Muslim Brotherhood groups and drug cartels, Mexican separatists/ paramilitary style groups in the US, and then defendned their action in the international media? Or if Russia started to destablise NAFTA.

Clearly the two are NOT partners in the war on terror. Because America conducts a war OF terror.

The Ukrainian neo Nazis have NO right to separatism because they were guilty of MASS ethnic cleansing during the Great Patritoic War (and before!). The whole of the Ukraine should remain a Russian sphere of influence. Countries can't be dominated by mobs of Nazi scum. The Ukraine's borders are set, and they include the West, and the Carpathians. If the Nazis don't like it, fine  - they can move to Poland or Germany. Too many Russian leaning Ukrainians have been forced out. And ofcourse many died at the hands Ukrainian Nazis in the past.

These people will only respect force. It is like reasoning with serial killers. Because basically, that is what their "heroes" were.
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:02 pm

The other problem is that the western press is trying to deceive its citizens on a massive scale.
    It is sometimes portraying it as "evil Russia vs the good guys of the EU and the US".
    Ofcourse that is utter nonsense, and the British press is often reluctant to spin it as the ridiculous Washinton (one!) party line.

I've spoken to a few Ukrainians, and they know full well that Greece, Italy, Spain and plenty of places are having MUCH bigger protests on the fact that they ARE in the EU. AND having their lives ruined because of that fact.

There are Ukrainians protesting because they are in poverty, because politicans are self serving. And they have been starved of investment and jobs from various places  The judiciary and much else are a mess. They've made it clear they are NOT for Europe, and consider themselves to be friends/partners of Russia. So they are caught in a dillemna - having to support a system because they do not want the extremist Nazi idiots. Atleast Yanukovich is prepared to stand up to the extremist mobs. They want the extremist threat gone,so that can hope to have prosperity. Unfortunately, their voices are lost in the West v Russia rhetoric.

Ironically, Russia too wants close relations with the EU. But that should not mean being "the EU's bitch". Unfortunately, the West has caused shit in the Ukraine, stoked fires and fermented unrest. THis makes it a concern for Russia to invest in sensitive areas like technology and miltary etc, and also in other areas. I think Russia can make the Ukraine a successful and prosperous country in time. But I dont think the EU wants or even needs another "redeveloping state". Lets hope the vandals from Washington, and sometimes Brussels learn to keep their big noses out. All they are exporting is terror, poverty and hardship.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:04 pm

It's not pro EU riot like someone in the west wants to depict it. Now Yanukovitch is stepping down and we will see how things will go after that. I hope they will politically decentralize their country.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:31 pm

Regular wrote:It's not pro EU riot like someone in the west wants to depict it. Now Yanukovitch is stepping down and we will see how things will go after that. I hope they will politically decentralize their country.
    He's stepping down, i check the BBC, RT and Novosti, there is no mention of him stepping down, just offering high gov. positions to the opposition or should i say, the so called "opposition".

UPDATE: So called "opposition" rejects gov. offer, WHAT A F#@&ING SHOCK!!  Rolling Eyes 

Last edited by AlfaT8 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:50 pm

The danger of decentralising the Ukraine, is that the far right, far west lunatics will get more power.

The West Ukraine is still Ukrainian, and the Ukraine is still overall a Russia/East Slavic leaning country, and therefore a natural partner/brother of Russia, Belarus etc.

If the Polish speakers/far right Neo Nazis don't like it, they can always leave for Poland etc. After all, the Russians/Russian leaners in the West of the Ukraine were forced out, or murdered. 

How the hell do scum from a Neo Nazi party get into govt? Answer by violence, murder and treasonous behaviour. They dont deserve govt positions, they deserve massive jail sentences.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:04 pm

Sorry, I was wrong, sensationalist media got me there.
    Opposition rejected his offers.

If the Polish speakers/far right Neo Nazis don't like it, they can always leave for Poland etc. After all, the Russians/Russian leaners in the West of the Ukraine were forced out, or murdered.
    Polish speakers? Are we talking about same riot? When did Russians and leaners(sounds rather dirty term) where expelled or murdered? Western Ukrainians usually tell that it was Russians who expelled them from the east. When in fact no such thing happened to both of them.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:59 am