Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
PapaDragon
Stealthflanker
Vann7
Strizh
Khepesh
Bolt
k@llashniKoff
cheesfactory
alexZam
AbsoluteZero
EKS
Acheron
KoTeMoRe
smerch24
xeno
Rmf
victor1985
2SPOOKY4U
Brovich
cracker
mack8
Cpt Caz
OminousSpudd
Dima
ult
akd
chicken
Big_Gazza
GarryB
mutantsushi
fragmachine
RTN
NickM
Mike E
sweetflowers365
calripson
Asf
Vympel
AZZKIKR
runaway
magnumcromagnon
etaepsilonk
Morpheus Eberhardt
NationalRus
As Sa'iqa
Sujoy
Department Of Defense
Regular
gaurav
AJ-47
AlfaT8
Viktor
Werewolf
collegeboy16
Russian Patriot
flamming_python
Cyberspec
Austin
Mindstorm
KomissarBojanchev
medo
Zivo
George1
TR1
TheArmenian
69 posters

Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1

GarryB
    GarryB

Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 Empty Re: Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1

Post  GarryB Sun May 03, 2015 9:42 am

I think there was needless duplication... Ataka would be sufficient for ground targets and slow aerial targets... or maybe I am just being fussy.

It would have been a completely new design... at a time when four new vehicle families were being introduced. It would just make more sense to incorporate its ideas in some of the new vehicles.

the whole idea of the new vehicles is to reduce logistics so for this vehicle to do better you would need a unit consisting entirely of this vehicle type... it was not a jack of all trades vehicle which means you would need to develop a whole family based on that chassis... and I think from what I have seen so far the Kurganets already looks better... the Stalker had no Shtora, nor APS and from memory looked like some sort of foam plastic hull material instead of NERA or ERA.
    ult

Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 Empty Re: Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1

Post  ult Mon May 04, 2015 5:09 pm

Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 %D0%91%D1%83%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B3%20%D0%91%D0%A2%D0%A0

Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 %D0%9A%D1%83%D1%80%D0%B3%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%86-25%20%D0%91%D0%9C%D0%9F

Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 %D0%9A%D1%83%D1%80%D0%B3%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%86-25%20%D0%91%D0%A2%D0%A0

http://xn--80ahclcogc6ci4h.xn--90anlfbebar6i.xn--p1ai/multimedia/photo/gallery.htm?id=21804@cmsPhotoGallery
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon May 04, 2015 6:00 pm

does anyone know details for the gun of Boomerang?
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon May 04, 2015 6:46 pm

George1 wrote:does anyone know details for the gun of Boomerang?

Looks like KPVT 14.5mm.

Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 327a4cc8f934a81189e6a904dd58e054
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Mon May 04, 2015 6:57 pm

Werewolf wrote:

Looks like KPVT 14.5mm.

Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 327a4cc8f934a81189e6a904dd58e054
    Unfortunately no. Just the anemic(for APCs) NSVT. Hopefully a KPVT RWS will arrive later. Or some bonehead decided 12,7mm is poweful enough.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Mon May 04, 2015 8:28 pm

Werewolf wrote:

Looks like KPVT 14.5mm.

That photo is not a KPVT 14.5mm.t is a 12.7mm (50 cal.)
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon May 04, 2015 8:31 pm

TheArmenian wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

Looks like KPVT 14.5mm.

That photo is not a KPVT 14.5mm.t is a 12.7mm (50 cal.)

Ups, linked the wrong one.
    Embarassed

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon May 04, 2015 8:55 pm

Both Kord-T and 2A42 in two iterations. One Epoha 'lite' turret. The other the generally solid but cumbersome (for such system) RWS displayed about 2 years ago.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon May 04, 2015 9:25 pm

Right now i am much more impressed with Kurganetz 25 BMP and T-15 BMP.

Just look at the protection and APS coverage, every damn side is covered against horizontal deployed weapons aswell as Top attack weapons, fitted with ERA and a damn nice set of Targeting systems, Laser Warning recievers and not to mention it has Okhotnik Image processing system to automatically track and lockon targets. I am drooling over T-15 and Kurganetz, but not so much over T-14.

Just look at the APS coverage.

Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 4d3oyz2s
    Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 Ox7klvbj
    Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 Nxksiwdo

Red = Radar
    Purple = APS tubes against vertical attacks
    Blue = APS system against Top attacks and rear attacks
    Yellow = Laser Warning Reciever
    Dark Green = Moveable Smoke Grenade Launchers
    Bright Green = some protective System that was installed on T-80UD if i remember correctly, but someone has to point it out for me, don't remember much about it.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon May 04, 2015 9:53 pm

Bumerang BMP

Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 C_6JnoGZodY
    Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 VDxMhRHymBw
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Mon May 04, 2015 10:27 pm

Werewolf wrote:Right now i am much more impressed with Kurganetz 25 BMP and T-15 BMP.

Just look at the protection and APS coverage, every damn side is covered against horizontal deployed weapons aswell as Top attack weapons, fitted with ERA and a damn nice set of Targeting systems, Laser Warning recievers and not to mention it has Okhotnik Image processing system to automatically track and lockon targets. I am drooling over T-15 and Kurganetz, but not so much over T-14.

Red = Radar
    Bright Green = some protective System that was installed on T-80UD if i remember correctly, but someone has to point it out for me, don't remember much about it.
    Arena on T-80UM-1
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon May 04, 2015 10:27 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:Right now i am much more impressed with Kurganetz 25 BMP and T-15 BMP.

Red = Radar
    Arena on T-80UM-1

RLS?
    alexZam
    alexZam

Post  alexZam Mon May 04, 2015 11:07 pm

Turret of T-15 and Boomerang - Boomerang-M:

Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 OWC4a3m
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Mon May 04, 2015 11:12 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:

Red = Radar
    Arena on T-80UM-1

RLS?
    "Jack in the box" munitions activated by radar, same as on BMP-3
    Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 81181ab66924
    Strizh

Post  Strizh Mon May 04, 2015 11:19 pm

And where are the launchers for the top attack APS? And the "low" angle doesn't cover the top of the vehicle.
    I am disappointed.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue May 05, 2015 12:11 am

Strizh wrote:And where are the launchers for the top attack APS? And the "low" angle doesn't cover the top of the vehicle.
    I am disappointed.

http://www.niistali.ru/products/nauka/protection/uplook_protection/

КОМПЛЕКС ЗАЩИТЫ ВЕРХНЕЙ ПОЛУСФЕРЫ (КЗВП)

Принцип действия комплекса основан на обнаружении подлетающего высокоточного боеприпаса, поражающего с верхней полусферы, и нарушения работы его системы наведения либо мощным электромагнитным импульсом, либо созданием над защищаемым объектом многоспектрального аэрозольного облака и ложных ИК-целей.

COMPLEX PROTECTION OF THE UPPER HEMISPHERE (CSWP)

The principle of operation is based on the detection of an incoming high-precision munition, striking with the upper hemisphere, and disrupting its guidance system or a powerful electromagnetic pulse, or on a securable multi-spectral aerosol cloud and a false thermal targets.

Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 GNshu
    Strizh

Post  Strizh Tue May 05, 2015 12:25 am

^Great again a system which «Не имеющий аналогов в мире» and will work as good as smoke screens against modern ATGMs...
    What a crap, promised an APS system build a smoke screen launcher Neutral
    Cpt Caz
    Cpt Caz

Post  Cpt Caz Tue May 05, 2015 12:29 am

Boomerang with 30mm:

Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 W9kbAEa
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue May 05, 2015 12:29 am

Strizh wrote:^Great again a system which «Не имеющий аналогов в мире» and will work as good as smoke screens against modern ATGMs...

Well, such a system will break guidance of any IIR/IR guided missile, but Laser Beam riders are still a threat and they easily to manufactor and much cheaper, i hope they will change that later, shouldn't be hard to develop APS vertical launchers right where the vertical smoke grenade launchers are with the T-80#UM1 Arena Radar pointing upwards, like it was seen on T-15 (which pointed forward) it should actually cover enough top hemisphere to actually deal with top attack weapons.
    Strizh

Post  Strizh Tue May 05, 2015 12:34 am

Werewolf wrote:
    Strizh wrote:^Great again a system which «Не имеющий аналогов в мире» and will work as good as smoke screens against modern ATGMs...

Well, such a system will break guidance of any IIR/IR guided missile, but Laser Beam riders are still a threat and they easily to manufactor and much cheaper, i hope they will change that later, shouldn't be hard to develop APS vertical launchers right where the vertical smoke grenade launchers are with the T-80#UM1 Arena Radar pointing upwards, like it was seen on T-15 (which pointed forward) it should actually cover enough top hemisphere to actually deal with top attack weapons.

I seriously can't understand why they didn't implement an anti top attack APS system. And no the radars on the T15 are to low for top attack weapons, I've watched some videos and the incoming missiles are almost vertical - 80°.

A huge disappointment dunno
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue May 05, 2015 12:40 am

Strizh wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

I seriously can't understand why they didn't implement an anti top attack APS system. And no the radars on the T15 are to low for top attack weapons, I've watched some videos and the incoming missiles are almost vertical - 80°.

I still suspect that for top attack they have those flat panels covered with a sheet connected with a wire, that are pointing upwards in 45-60° angle which could work against top attack weapons, the explosion should be big enough to kill them.

Marked in blue.

Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 88wv5nz3
    Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 Cbkpwmki
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue May 05, 2015 12:44 am

Strizh wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

How are they Low?Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 Flickr_-_Israel_Defense_Forces_-_Storming_Ahead

See how the Trophy is implemented. It isn't low at all, it is actually prepositionned for top attack.

Strizh

Post  Strizh Tue May 05, 2015 1:29 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Strizh wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

How are they Low?Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 Flickr_-_Israel_Defense_Forces_-_Storming_Ahead

See how the Trophy is implemented. It isn't low at all, it is actually prepositionned for top attack.

The radar has a too low angle for recognizing top attack missiles:
    Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 Screen10
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue May 05, 2015 1:38 am

Strizh wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Strizh wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

The radar has a too low angle for recognizing top attack missiles:
    Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 Screen10

Do actually understand that top attack missiles need to be fired at some point? How do you think the Merkava does it to point the tank vs the source of fire? It's called a radar...
    alexZam
    alexZam

Post  alexZam Tue May 05, 2015 5:14 am

Height reference...

Kurganets & Boomerang Discussions Thread #1 - Page 37 IMG_715513796

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:43 am