Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+78
ALAMO
ChineseTiger
SeigSoloyvov
Big_Gazza
owais.usmani
The-thing-next-door
calripson
PhSt
dino00
GustavoHF
RTN
Tsavo Lion
Rodion_Romanovic
Walther von Oldenburg
PapaDragon
Nibiru
par far
GunshipDemocracy
Hole
AlfaT8
GarryB
Kimppis
Azi
kvs
Svyatoslavich
franco
miketheterrible
Rmf
KiloGolf
Skandalwitwe
zg18
jhelb
Project Canada
Cowboy's daughter
Cucumber Khan
higurashihougi
BTRfan
Fred333
nastle77
Prince Darling
Karl Haushofer
Odin of Ossetia
Vann7
max steel
OminousSpudd
ExBeobachter1987
Battalion0415
George1
Mike E
Werewolf
collegeboy16
magnumcromagnon
Hannibal Barca
xeno
navyfield
NickM
Rpg type 7v
macedonian
Hachimoto
TR1
As Sa'iqa
sepheronx
Regular
gaurav
KomissarBojanchev
flamming_python
Viktor
TheArmenian
Cyberspec
Ogannisyan8887
Firebird
NationalRus
Pervius
solo.13mmfmj
nightcrawler
Tshering22
milky_candy_sugar
Admin
82 posters

    Russian population

    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 10807
    Points : 10928
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  JohninMK Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:08 pm

    They continue to move east.

    The RAGEX - News
    @theragex
    ·
    4h
    500,000 foreigners received Russian citizenship in 2021, most of them are citizens of Ukraine, - according to the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation

    franco, Big_Gazza and PapaDragon like this post

    kvs
    kvs


    Posts : 12873
    Points : 13020
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Kanada

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  kvs Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:39 pm

    JohninMK wrote:They continue to move east.

    The RAGEX - News
    @theragex
    ·
    4h
    500,000 foreigners received Russian citizenship in 2021, most of them are citizens of Ukraine, - according to the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation

    And most likely taking their high value skills with them. The collapse of industry in Banderastan is singular and not just a macroeconomic phenomenon.

    franco, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, JohninMK, miketheterrible and lyle6 like this post

    avatar
    Karl Haushofer


    Posts : 917
    Points : 910
    Join date : 2015-05-03

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  Karl Haushofer Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:57 pm

    Russia’s population fell by a million in last 12 months: https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/10/11/russia-records-record-12-month-population-decline-a75262

    This is by far the biggest decline since the 1990s.

    There are at least two reasons for what is happening.

    One is the corona crisis in Russia. About 1,000 Russian citizens die every day due to covid-19 virus.

    The other is that there is a record low number of young females that are in child bearing age in Russia.

    Russian population actually grew from 2009 to 2019 (a ten year period) but it started to fall last year, and now the fall has accelerated very fast.

    There is little that the Russian government can do about this. The only solution is to have Russian women to have more babies and by that way to increase the total fertility rate. But how to do this? Russia has been trying to increase the TFR for years but with little results. It seems that Russian women are just not interested in having babies.

    kvs
    kvs


    Posts : 12873
    Points : 13020
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Kanada

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  kvs Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:10 pm

    Citing the propaganda rag "The Moscow Times" hardly proves anything.

    Russia’s natural population — a figure which counts registered deaths and births, excluding the effects of migration — declined by 997,000 between October 2020 and September 2021, demographer Alexei Raksha calculated.

    Using what data?

    Anymore Facebook "experts" for Russians to place their faith in. Maybe they should all vote for Navalny too.

    Big_Gazza, miketheterrible and Mir like this post

    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 7403
    Points : 7377
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  miketheterrible Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:19 pm

    Excluding migration doesn't work that way then either.

    But yeah, I'm curious what numbers they cited.  Anyone can just throw numbers around but it has to be based on something.

    Deaths in 1 year being a loss of a millions is ridiculous.  Total for Covid isn't much above what is the deaths for other health related issues meaning total deaths shouldn't exceed 2M.  There is seriously something wrong with that.

    Although, maybe I'm wrong. But I find it rather strange with those numbers.

    But only a moron reads the Moscow Times, which isn't even Russian.

    I wonder which category Karl falls under?  Then again, we gone over this with him a dozen times. He is another Vann.

    Edit: we need to wait till some legitimate sources come out.


    Last edited by miketheterrible on Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Big_Gazza, kvs, Rasisuki Nebia and Mir like this post

    kvs
    kvs


    Posts : 12873
    Points : 13020
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Kanada

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  kvs Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:21 pm

    Karl is a "concern troll". He only posts when he thinks there is some bad news about Russia.

    Big_Gazza and miketheterrible like this post

    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 7403
    Points : 7377
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  miketheterrible Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:25 pm

    kvs wrote:Karl is a "concern troll".   He only posts when he thinks there is some bad news about Russia.


    Yeah, for years he only appears when bad news happens, or at least believes the bad news and then spreads the FUD.

    People like him get banned on the crypto section of Reddit quite often.

    Big_Gazza likes this post

    avatar
    owais.usmani


    Posts : 1208
    Points : 1206
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 35

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  owais.usmani Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:54 pm

    Karl Haushofer wrote:Russia’s population fell by a million in last 12 months: https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/10/11/russia-records-record-12-month-population-decline-a75262

    This is by far the biggest decline since the 1990s.

    There are at least two reasons for what is happening.

    One is the corona crisis in Russia. About 1,000 Russian citizens die every day due to covid-19 virus.

    The other is that there is a record low number of young females that are in child bearing age in Russia.

    Russian population actually grew from 2009 to 2019 (a ten year period) but it started to fall last year, and now the fall has accelerated very fast.

    There is little that the Russian government can do about this. The only solution is to have Russian women to have  more babies and by that way to increase the total fertility rate. But how to do this? Russia has been trying to increase the TFR for years but with little results. It seems that Russian women are just not interested in having babies.


    Big_Gazza, kvs and miketheterrible like this post

    avatar
    calripson


    Posts : 653
    Points : 710
    Join date : 2013-10-26

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Population Decline

    Post  calripson Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:30 pm

    owais.usmani wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:Russia’s population fell by a million in last 12 months: https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/10/11/russia-records-record-12-month-population-decline-a75262

    This is by far the biggest decline since the 1990s.

    There are at least two reasons for what is happening.

    One is the corona crisis in Russia. About 1,000 Russian citizens die every day due to covid-19 virus.

    The other is that there is a record low number of young females that are in child bearing age in Russia.

    Russian population actually grew from 2009 to 2019 (a ten year period) but it started to fall last year, and now the fall has accelerated very fast.

    There is little that the Russian government can do about this. The only solution is to have Russian women to have  more babies and by that way to increase the total fertility rate. But how to do this? Russia has been trying to increase the TFR for years but with little results. It seems that Russian women are just not interested in having babies.



    The vast majority of those Covid deaths are among the elderly - as sad as that might be, it does not have any long term demographic effect as those people are not of reproductive age. The donut hole effect from the disastrous 1990s is a more intractable problem as it is very difficult to convince women in any modern society to have more babies. That trend is not unique to Russia. It is evident worldwide.

    franco, Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible, owais.usmani and Mir like this post

    Mir
    Mir


    Posts : 1833
    Points : 1837
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  Mir Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:16 pm

    According to populationpyramid.net Russia had a population of around 143,5 million people in 2010.
    Same source indicates that in 2019 Russia's population was around 145.9 million.
    Worldometer.info has the current population of 146 million and counting!

    Russia has recorded nearly 232 thousand deaths since the covid thingy. It's a big number but hasn't made any significant dent in the population growth so far!

    Nice try Karl aka Ilya Luzovsky! Laughing

    Big_Gazza, kvs and miketheterrible like this post

    franco
    franco


    Posts : 5121
    Points : 5153
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  franco Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:28 pm

    Mir wrote:According to populationpyramid.net Russia had a population of around 143,5 million people in 2010.
    Same source indicates that in 2019 Russia's population was around 145.9 million.
    Worldometer.info has the current population of 146 million and counting!

    Russia has recorded nearly 232 thousand deaths since the covid thingy. It's a big number but hasn't made any significant dent in the population growth so far!

    Nice try Karl aka Ilya Luzovsky! Laughing

    - You forgot to factor in Crimea in 2014 which added over 2,000,000 in population
    - All of the native European populations are also in decline, hence the flood of middle east and African immigrants.
    - In the US it is mostly Latino immigrants while Canada brings in Asians (and not just a wife for Mike Wink )

    Mir likes this post

    Mir
    Mir


    Posts : 1833
    Points : 1837
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  Mir Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:09 pm

    The fact remains that the Russian population has not declined by 1 million since 2020 as claimed. Smile

    Russian population 2020 = 145.9 million from populationpyramid.com.

    However the same source indicates a fairly substantial decline in the Russian population towards 2100 to around 126 million.

    https://www.populationpyramid.net/russian-federation/2020/
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 7403
    Points : 7377
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  miketheterrible Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:33 pm

    franco wrote:
    Mir wrote:According to populationpyramid.net Russia had a population of around 143,5 million people in 2010.
    Same source indicates that in 2019 Russia's population was around 145.9 million.
    Worldometer.info has the current population of 146 million and counting!

    Russia has recorded nearly 232 thousand deaths since the covid thingy. It's a big number but hasn't made any significant dent in the population growth so far!

    Nice try Karl aka Ilya Luzovsky! Laughing

    - You forgot to factor in Crimea in 2014 which added over 2,000,000 in population
    - All of the native European populations are also in decline, hence the flood of middle east and African immigrants.
    - In the US it is mostly Latino immigrants while Canada brings in Asians (and not just a wife for Mike Wink )  

    Hey, they can throw more big boobies brown honies my way. I'm willing to accept more imports any day.  But they have to be verified woman and none of those fake woman (men turned into woman).

    Mir likes this post

    franco
    franco


    Posts : 5121
    Points : 5153
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  franco Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:48 am

    miketheterrible wrote: Hey, they can throw more big boobies brown honies my way. I'm willing to accept more imports any day.  But they have to be verified woman and none of those fake woman (men turned into woman).

    Noticed a new guy from the Philippines offering to assist with getting anyone a new wife (hopefully joking). Was going to ask if trade in's were an option Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

    miketheterrible and Mir like this post

    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 7403
    Points : 7377
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  miketheterrible Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:57 am

    franco wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote: Hey, they can throw more big boobies brown honies my way. I'm willing to accept more imports any day.  But they have to be verified woman and none of those fake woman (men turned into woman).

    Noticed a new guy from the Philippines offering to assist with getting anyone a new wife (hopefully joking). Was going to ask if trade in's were an option Twisted Evil Twisted Evil  

    Dunno, you are 60 right? I'm assuming your wife is same age. If so, the trade in value may plummet severely and may cost you more in long run. There is also the fear the Philipina may murder you in your sleep.

    But if your lucky and your heart sucks, you may die of a heart attack while having the best sex of your life.

    It's really a toss up and a huge risk. But as they say, high risk, high reward Laughing

    franco likes this post

    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy


    Posts : 5313
    Points : 5337
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:17 am

    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Russian population actually grew from 2009 to 2019 (a ten year period) but it started to fall last year, and now the fall has accelerated very fast.

    so basis on your post is one unconfirmed article in Russian unfriendly news outlet? Like asking Hitler about decline of Stalin forces in 44.



    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    There is little that the Russian government can do about this. The only solution is to have Russian women to have  more babies and by that way to increase the total fertility rate. But how to do this? Russia has been trying to increase the TFR for years but with little results. It seems that Russian women are just not interested in having babies.


    https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/RUS/russia/fertility-rate
    The current fertility rate for Russia in 2021 is 1.823 births per woman, a 0% increase from 2020.
    The current fertility rate for U.S. in 2021 is 1.781 births per woman, a 0.11% increase from 2020

    I guess US women don like babies  even more.  Even though with the substantial  help from Mexican child loving population.

    kvs, miketheterrible and Hole like this post

    avatar
    sundoesntrise


    Posts : 143
    Points : 145
    Join date : 2021-10-23

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  sundoesntrise Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:45 am

    TFR is a metric, but overall a rather inaccurate one as it leaves several important variables like the age of motherhood and previous (aging) demographic tendencies

    The overall birthrate in 2020 decreased compared to 2019

    12.194 births per 1000 people

    The current birth rate for Russia in 2021 is 11.905 births per 1000 people, a 2.37% decline from 2020. The birth rate for Russia in 2020 was 12.194 births per 1000 people, a 2.31% decline from 2019


    Also preliminary data from 2021 (TFR in this case) which shows an ever bigger fall.

    But hey you boomers on this site probably think it's a marvelous idea to shut down societies and crashing economies to 'sAvE lIvEs' thereby destroying livelihoods and societal/economic prospects of young people. WEF stooge Putin is probably on board with the (soft) depopulation agenda anyway

    Not even to mention the use of faulty vaccines which have already shown to have impact on female fertility (the spike proteins gather in the ovaries leading to miscarriages in especially the first trimester).

    Here are the preliminary numbers

    Russian population - Page 37 Fa9jff10

    Historians will wonder why the hearts of fit men of fighting age and the fertility of young women were compromised by vaccines to protect boomers from a cold variant and their access to hospitals. As you note, only a generation that abandoned all hope of an afterlife and the received customs and traditions of its forebears could hold this hatred towards the young.

    Mir likes this post

    Mir
    Mir


    Posts : 1833
    Points : 1837
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  Mir Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:32 am

    Your English has improved dramatically since yesterday! Laughing Laughing

    GunshipDemocracy and miketheterrible like this post

    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 33185
    Points : 33699
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  GarryB Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:57 am

    But hey you boomers on this site probably think it's a marvelous idea to shut down societies and crashing economies to 'sAvE lIvEs' thereby destroying livelihoods and societal/economic prospects of young people. WEF stooge Putin is probably on board with the (soft) depopulation agenda anyway

    Sorry, but that is just ignorant... under Putin the Russian government have introduced quite a few policies to encourage and support larger families in Russia... blaming him for declining child births is just ignorance.

    Your English has improved dramatically since yesterday!

    Using Yandex translater?

    kvs, GunshipDemocracy and miketheterrible like this post

    avatar
    ALAMO


    Posts : 1785
    Points : 1787
    Join date : 2014-11-25

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  ALAMO Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:18 am

    It is all about retaining, or even bringing back, the old-fashioned family model.
    Putin seems to be actually obsessed with that, and the whole social structure he tries to create is devoted to that.
    Traditional roles of each sex, the number of recognized sex, the maternity ideology - this is all the opposite of the "progressive world".
    Size of the families is both economically and socially oriented. You can manipulate it.

    miketheterrible likes this post

    kvs
    kvs


    Posts : 12873
    Points : 13020
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Kanada

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  kvs Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:52 pm

    ALAMO wrote:It is all about retaining, or even bringing back, the old-fashioned family model.
    Putin seems to be actually obsessed with that, and the whole social structure he tries to create is devoted to that.
    Traditional roles of each sex, the number of recognized sex, the maternity ideology - this is all the opposite of the "progressive world".
    Size of the families is both economically and socially oriented. You can manipulate it.

    So now anyone not pushing gender fluid perversion is "obsessed"? Hyperbole much.

    Putin is acting normally and not excessively.

    flamming_python, GunshipDemocracy and Mir like this post

    avatar
    ALAMO


    Posts : 1785
    Points : 1787
    Join date : 2014-11-25

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  ALAMO Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:03 pm

    That is your opinion while sitting at the opposite side of the bench to those "perverse".
    It is worth keeping that in mind making judgments.
    I might be more on your side of the bench rather than the other, still, realize that.
    avatar
    sundoesntrise


    Posts : 143
    Points : 145
    Join date : 2021-10-23

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  sundoesntrise Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:04 am

    GarryB wrote:
    But hey you boomers on this site probably think it's a marvelous idea to shut down societies and crashing economies to 'sAvE lIvEs' thereby destroying livelihoods and societal/economic prospects of young people. WEF stooge Putin is probably on board with the (soft) depopulation agenda anyway

    Sorry, but that is just ignorant... under Putin the Russian government have introduced quite a few policies to encourage and support larger families in Russia... blaming him for declining child births is just ignorance.

    Your English has improved dramatically since yesterday!

    Using Yandex translater?

    guyss her is k schwab say that vladmir pitin is young global leder an part of his revolution !!

    he in on it!!

    mobile.twitter.com/ProKlausSchwab/status/1452332436872957963

    now you must say this is not important and focus on next shell landing in donbas.
    avatar
    owais.usmani


    Posts : 1208
    Points : 1206
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 35

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  owais.usmani Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:52 pm

    sundoesntrise wrote:
    GarryB wrote:
    But hey you boomers on this site probably think it's a marvelous idea to shut down societies and crashing economies to 'sAvE lIvEs' thereby destroying livelihoods and societal/economic prospects of young people. WEF stooge Putin is probably on board with the (soft) depopulation agenda anyway

    Sorry, but that is just ignorant... under Putin the Russian government have introduced quite a few policies to encourage and support larger families in Russia... blaming him for declining child births is just ignorance.

    Your English has improved dramatically since yesterday!

    Using Yandex translater?

    guyss her is k schwab say that vladmir pitin is young global leder an part of his revolution !!

    he in on it!!

    mobile.twitter.com/ProKlausSchwab/status/1452332436872957963

    now you must say this is not important and focus on next shell landing in donbas.

    Dude if you are not using a translator kindly do. I don't have the slightest clue what you just said there.
    avatar
    owais.usmani


    Posts : 1208
    Points : 1206
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 35

    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  owais.usmani Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:24 pm

    Btw when is the next official census scheduled in Russia?

    Sponsored content


    Russian population - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian population

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri May 20, 2022 2:57 am