Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+75
Krepost
Airbornewolf
marcellogo
klahtinen
Erk
Arsenic
littlerabbit
zare
T-47
walle83
Lapain
Azi
ucmvulcan
zorobabel
Stealthflanker
Rodion_Romanovic
mack8
diabetus
DerWolf
11E
par far
Godric
GunshipDemocracy
d_taddei2
Big_Gazza
ArgentinaGuard
Podlodka77
Rasisuki Nebia
lyle6
Odin of Ossetia
sundoesntrise
Sujoy
ahmedfire
Werewolf
billybatts91
limb
nomadski
AMCXXL
Hinex1988
Walther von Oldenburg
pavi
Firebird
Scorpius
TMA1
SolidarityWithRussia
mavaff
Regular
sepheronx
kvs
PhSt
Belisarius
GarryB
VARGR198
JohninMK
franco
Kiko
Ispan
caveat emptor
mnztr
Isos
Broski
thegopnik
Dr.Snufflebug
ALAMO
SeigSoloyvov
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Arrow
flamming_python
Hole
Backman
higurashihougi
ludovicense
famschopman
PapaDragon
Arkanghelsk
79 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36

Isos
    Isos

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36

Post  Isos Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:54 pm

The guy on the left didn't have rifle in hands. He surrendered. The guy on the right was confused but wasn't trying to shoot at him.

I understand the adrenaline and shock but that could have ended better.

He is also very shocked at the end of the video and will make bad dreams about this for sure.

VARGR198, ludovicense and owais.usmani like this post

mnztr

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36

Post  mnztr Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:08 pm

How long does it take to train crews on Leopards and Challangers? MOnths? Years? My guess is that NATO is just sending these tanks to evaluate their performance against the Russian military. Hopefully the Russians destroy them in a manner that gives NATO no insight whatsoever. Heavy artillery, air strike etc.

flamming_python likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:08 pm

Unlike some others, this guy actually stood up for his statements, so ...

Prigozhin on the current situation in Soledar. "Once again I want to confirm the complete liberation and cleansing of the territory of Soledar from the units of the Ukrainian army. Civilians were withdrawn, Ukrainian units that did not want to surrender were destroyed. Two hundred killed about 500 people. The whole city is littered with the corpses of Ukrainian servicemen. There can be no question of any humanitarian corridor. We are starting to clean up the mines."

VARGR198, littlerabbit, Hole, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:10 pm

getting my champagne bottle ready.

Big_Gazza, VARGR198, starman, littlerabbit, Hole and Broski like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:14 pm

"Those are not good tanks and never have been actually.
    Significantly underpowered, and very heavy at the same time. What is suicidal combo in the European theatre.
    The gun is archaic.
    Same for the ammo."

You are trying to apply Russian doctrine to how the British use the challenger, when you do that maybe you have some points but again you don't.

If we look at Russian doctrine indeed the challenger falls short, but the challenger wasn't designed or that, it was designed to meet advancing soviet armor, therefore its speed is sufficient. Its armor will protect it from most Russian tank guns, tey can penetrate yes but that will require getting close.

As for the gun and ammo, it will have no problem ripping apart a Russian tanks.

The problem with the challenger in Ukraine is, Ukies will try to use it as an assault tank, which isn't not meant for and it will not have the protection it would be afforded by NATO armies for air attacks.

So again how it was intended to be used its a good tank, putting it in Ukraine an environment it wasn't meant for yeah problem

JohninMK likes this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:14 pm

Regarding the video of Russian serviceman shooting two Ukrainians, he would be right to shoot as soon as they didn't drop weapons after first offer to surrender. I believe that he put himself in the harm's way by not shooting them earlier. They guy with the gun could've shot his gun while they were fighting over it. Even unintentionally.

flamming_python, Werewolf, VARGR198, Rodion_Romanovic, littlerabbit, ludovicense, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:21 pm

Sloviansk will be the next big target for the Russians, I wonder how long to capture that one will take

littlerabbit likes this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:22 pm

Preliminary results of the Soledar battle

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2023/01/11/la-liberacion-de-soledar-resultados-preliminares/

Last edited by Ispan on Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

kvs, littlerabbit and Hole like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:22 pm

Speaking tanks, MacGregor said it would take anytime a Leopard2 vs an Abrahms due to the very low range (and so logistic problems) of the latter, which needs to be re-fueled every 4-6 hours of running. wrote:

It takes gallons of fuel just to START an M1 tank, 20 liters!!! They have a MAAAASSSIVE fuel tank. Even the US military struggles to feed the beast. The Russian gas turbine tanks are no better. BTW it looks to me like some of the Russian SPGs have turbine APUs to power the autoload system. I guess they are much more compact and more quiet then diesel APUs and they can shut down the main engine when parked.
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:35 pm

At least the Russians have the excuse that gas turbines work better at -40 degrees.  Laughing

GarryB, ahmedfire, flamming_python, Werewolf, kvs, VARGR198, zardof and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:40 pm

So again how it was intended to be used its a good tank, putting it in Ukraine an environment it wasn't meant for yeah problem

Never try to talk about things you do have not a single clue about because you will end up with your ass torn apart.
    On the other hand, you seem to enjoy that, which is quite clear to everyone masochist enough to read you. scratch lol1
    ludovicense
    ludovicense

Post  ludovicense Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:57 pm

Seems Poland and UK giving tanks

But what it really means, is west is preparing to go into Ukraine

Neither the military nor political leadership can let this happen - several reasons

It seems more a function of desperation than the desire itself.
    It appears everything NATO had to make available has been delivered. And everything that was delivered is destroyed.
    It will now begin to cannibalize its own modern weapons forces in an attempt to prevent the complete collapse of the Ukrainian forces. This has a political impact, but the amount they are talking about is almost demonstrative. No military relevance.
    The Leopard Tank has already been tested and failed in Syria and the results were terrible. They were torn apart.
    Challenger would be a valid test, despite 10 of these, it won't make any difference, if they reach the front line. since they are heavy and from the videos I've seen, a lot of muddy terrain which can get bogged down.
    I think it is unlikely that they will enter into combat with Russian tanks. They must die first by ATGM in the contact zone, or attack by drones and helicopters.
    And they still have the possibility of being destroyed on delivery by Iskander or Kalibr or wanted a total humiliation for the west.

GarryB, kvs and thegopnik like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:02 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 2 Fmmrbi10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 2 Fmnbyf10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 2 Fmnxm810
    Possible axis of attack, by Big Serge.
    My guess: all four, not at the same time but one after the other to force the Ukro regime to move forces around, burning fuel and exposing them to
    long-range precision attacks (= cruise missile/drone strikes).

Big_Gazza, kvs, littlerabbit, Broski and jon_deluxe like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:11 pm

Never try to talk about things you do have not a single clue about because you will end up with your ass torn apart.
    On the other hand, you seem to enjoy that, which is quite clear to everyone masochist enough to read you. scratch lol1"

Of course, the pissy one you always are once your BS gets called out, The Challenger was never designed nor intended to go into Ukraine it was designed to meet advancing soviet tank formations and drive them back IN THE PLAINS OF EUROPE you do know, the difference between the plains of Europe and Ukraine right?

If you're going to act like a child every single time you're wrong, just do me the solid and simply keep your mouth shut and do not talk to me, thanks bud.

limb likes this post

Godric and Backman dislike this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:23 pm

It appears everything NATO had to make available has been delivered. And everything that was delivered is destroyed.

I always wonder how the people who seem to be literate - in a principal manner - struggle with the shit the MSM is putting on  them dunno
    Things are simple. Most of them.
    Back in Feb22 we had a 300k strong armed forces consisting mostly of land forces ...
    Equipped with some 1500 pcs of tanks in frontline units.
    Some 3000 BMP/APC
    600+ pcs of fielded tube artillery
    2000 pcs of barrel artillery
    250 planes
    300 choppers
    400 pcs of AD systems, echeloned, connected, cooperating, and reaching 90km perimeter.
    Based on own products, with train, production, and servicing net supporting that.
    All of that, trained.
    Fully staffed.
    People who drilled with the equipment for years.

It lasted for about TWO MONTHS.

Now, people are really disputing about 10, 15 or 20 (!!) tanks delivered Shocked
    Oh oh, it is not 20 BMPs, but maybe as much as 50!! Shocked
    Oh oh oh, there will be another 8 pcs of AD shipped, maybe as soon as in April! Shocked
    Oh, another Wunderwaffe, all 12 pcs, with ammo supply for a whole week!! will be discussed ASAP, in mid-Feb! Shocked
    You had 80 flyable 29s, and the same in storage - but now you will get 10 pcs nd that will change the tide! Shocked

Holly shit, what are those folks smoking Shocked Shocked Shocked Embarassed

You CAN'T carry an effective war with a top-class military power that has not even felt the mighty sanctions
    Its production/transport/mobilization infrastructure wasn't even touched. And won't be.

Using a shade of a country, that had about -20 mln people left.

They can only die. That's all.

If you're going to act like a child every single time you're wrong, just do me the solid and simply keep your mouth shut and do not talk to me, thanks bud.

Oh no bud, I will spank your undereducated ass every single time when you will be stupid enough to pull up your head for shaving.
    You have no bloody clue what are you even talking about, and we all know that perfectly well.
    The single cause I spent my time bothering with you is because you really have some sane observations, from time to time - maybe that is a miracle of today's medicine, IDK dunno
    Challenger was always a shitty tank, the same way as a Chieftain was.
    I don't expect you to know that a Challenger is de facto a Chieftain mod made for Iran.
    Neither I expect you to know how a shitty rifled gun from the 60s was pushed for the next 40 years as a point of British pride - long lost and forgotten.
    I don't even expect you to know the mechanics making the L11 shitty and impossible to improve above it's technical limits that ended up in the early 80s.
    Neither do I expect you to know how the most shitty HP/t tank would perform in a European climate, because you are so uneducated that would hardly find "Jurop" on a map different from the Monopoly one.
    So for God's sake, STFU for your own good, because I am just about taking you on a rollercoaster and unlock a safety belt.

Last edited by ALAMO on Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

Werewolf, mack8, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, zardof, littlerabbit and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:31 pm

Reading shit like this is what makes me hate Armchair generals more than the Ukronazis themselves. What was his other options? He told them 3 times to drop their weapons and not only did they ignore him, they even grabbed his f*cking gun. But according to you clowns, he shouldn't have shot them?

Calm the **** down will you, I defended his actions in fact

In an ideal world, he would only have targeted the man with the weapon, or realized that he is probably confused and shell-shocked and doesn't likely present a threat.

But it's not an ideal world, you have no way to press pause and assess the situation at your leisure. It's a battlefield, and you only have seconds to make decisions, and even a slight threat is not something you will leave to chance as the threat is death.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:39 pm

They will give 10 tanks each. 10 Challenger and 10 Leopard. Russians are doomed, if it was 19 they could have some chances but 20... too much for them to handle.

GarryB, Werewolf, xeno, Rodion_Romanovic, Eugenio Argentina, owais.usmani and 11E like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:54 pm

Calm the **** down will you, I defended his actions in fact

In an ideal world, he would only have targeted the man with the weapon, or realized that he is probably confused and shell-shocked and doesn't likely present a threat.

But it's not an ideal world, you have no way to press pause and assess the situation at your leisure. It's a battlefield, and you only have seconds to make decisions, and even a slight threat is not something you will leave to chance as the threat is death.

Do you know what is your "problem" bro?
    The fact that you are humane.
    While we surely have a solid portion of the medical causes of psychopaths here.
    You have watched that, and you know that it is a human tragedy - a guy that was humane enough to risk his life to take them captive, was just pushed above the limit due to the battle stress, situation, and own safety concerns ...
    And killed them. He will have to live with that, even if it is hard to consider him doing wrong ...
    It is a human tragedy, from all perspectives. Brutality of war cry

GarryB, Werewolf, zepia, lyle6, Scorpius and Backman like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:58 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 2 Scree566
    Column of T-90Ms moving
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 2 Scree567
    Krab hit by Lancet

sepheronx, GarryB, psg, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, Godric and like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:00 pm

Lawls, that shitty gun is more than adequate to deal with T72's, T80 and 90 it will go right through their armor it would have a problem with armata.

All you do is throw unhinged insults and make baseless comparisons the second you get called out, the Challenger works just fine in the Euro climate save for the most harsh of cold.

Spanking? please you try to cover up your failures by saying shit "I beat you didn't know x" Oh I knew X but it didn't matter to the conversation. You can make all the claims you want, reality IS different.

The gun will destroy the tanks in question with ease which is the tank russia is using, the tank's armor from a distance will block those tank shells.

I actually agreed with you mobility was lacking, but merely said that's because the tank wasn't designed for a russian spearhead-type maneuver and it wasn't at all.

You said nothing of substance to prove me wrong, just "Your dumb hur hur"

Thats what you always do when you got nothing to say to counter, you are clueless, have no real knowledge and only post pro-russian opinions that hold no real merit.

Lets get this straight on this site you might sound "smart" but if you tried these opinions with people who actually know better they will just laugh in your face, so have a good day.

End of the data and these are THE FACTS To destroy russian tanks the challenger will do just fine, the PROBLEM is the environment and the lack of support it will have as its designed to operate with NATO not Ukraine.

Your childish insults do nothing to change those facts bud

Werewolf and Backman dislike this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:03 pm

There were two of those in that vid, the first one less pictures.
    Yet, it was yesterday (?) that Russkie MoD briefing was calling two Krabs down ... And the pics appeared shortly after.
    This is what I was saying - Russkie hardly lie.
    They can be misled by the fog of war.
    A plan taken down they considered Su-25 (an example) because of the flight pattern/radar records was an L-29 they have not spotted yet. As it crashed 20 km behind the lines.
    We will see the wreckage, soon.
    But they hardly lie deliberately.

Lawls, that shitty gun is more than adequate to deal with T72's, T80 and 90 it will go right through their armor it would have a problem with armata.

Take your pills.
    Let the alter ego unleash.

Big_Gazza, kvs, lyle6 and Belisarius like this post

Kiko
    Kiko

Post  Kiko Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:03 pm

Prigozhin announced the complete release of Soledar, 01.11.2023.

The founder of the "Wagner Group" Prigozhin confirmed the complete release of Soledar.

MOSCOW, January 11 - RIA Novosti. The founder of the Wagner Group, Yevgeny Prigozhin, announced the release of Soledar, according to the Telegram channel of his press service.

“Once again I want to confirm the complete liberation and cleansing of the territory of Soledar from units of the Ukrainian army,” he said.

According to the businessman, civilians were taken out of the city.

Prigozhin specified that Russian fighters destroyed 500 Ukrainian soldiers who did not want to surrender.

Over the past day, the Armed Forces also managed to take control of the village of Podgorodnoye in the Soledar region. The Ukrainian Armed Forces lost up to 80 servicemen, one tank, three armored fighting vehicles and two vehicles.

Soledar is of strategic importance for Kiev , it is located in the center of the Artemovsk - Seversk defense line . Here the Ukrainian military erected powerful defensive fortifications. The liberation of Soledar will cut off the direct supply route between Artemovsk and Seversk, as well as cover Artemovsk from the north side.

Since February 24, a special military operation has been taking place in Ukraine . Vladimir Putin called its ultimate goal the liberation of Donbass and the creation of conditions that guarantee the security of Russia.

https://ria.ru/20230111/soledar-1844255067.html

GarryB, Big_Gazza, littlerabbit, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:03 pm

Yeah it was a good shoot. This guy had the drop on them, guy would not let go of his gun. In a heated firefight, no time to argue. He had to kill them as he was putting himself at risk. By right he did not even have to offer them surrender. He could have very legally wasted them from the back. He was being as nice as one can possibly expect in the midst of a heated battle.

GarryB, franco, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, littlerabbit, owais.usmani, Scorpius and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:04 pm

T72b3 would destroy Challenger

The theory has already been tested

Case in point: Abrams in Yemen

Leopard in Syria

Destroyed by ATGM with less destructive power than svinets

even HE doesn't have to penetrate , destroying those optics and sensors will be enough to take a second shot and score a mobility kill

And if it runs into T90M, well it's a different story , those thermals give good awareness to the commander and gunner

But I digress, much less will be needed to take out those tanks

Which is why my first point was not about 10 tanks themselves, or even 50,

But about the gradual preparation to create a justification for Polish and western interference in Galicia

And no western army will have the air power against Russia they enjoyed against Iraq or Syria although they cannot fly there either

We are not talking about Kvadrat and S125,

But about s400 and pantsir, buk and Tor, s300V4 and other goodies which would make any kind of "western doctrine" a moot point

But they can test it, it will end as in Syria

zardof, littlerabbit, Hole and lyle6 like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:20 pm

Sudden Surge In Russian Navy Ships And Submarines In Black Sea

>Ukrainian forces will be monitoring a sudden movement of Russian warships and submarines out of their base of Novorossiysk. The naval base, near the Kerch Bridge, is further from Ukrainian controlled coast than the famous base at Sevastopol. Yet the unusual movement may be important.

>This morning Russian Navy ships and submarines left their base at Novorossiysk, in the Black Sea, en-masse. This is highly unusual and may indicate ongoing operations.

>Sources seen by Naval News confirm the exodus. The group included the Project 11711 Ivan Gren class landing ship, Pyotr Morgunov, the largest amphibious ship in the Black Sea.

>It also contained all three Project 636.3 Improved-Kilo class submarines which were present at the base. Analysis suggests that other warships were also sailing, leaving only a few warships and support vessels in the port. It is likely the most empty that Novorossiysk has been in many months.

>Recently Pyotr Morgunov has been to carry supplies from Russia to Sevastopol following the October 8 2022 Ukrainian attack on the Kerch Bridge. Although Russia has managed some repairs, the bridge remains at limited capacity. So the Russian Navy’s landing ships have been pressed into service as transports. However the simultaneous sailing of the submarines suggests that this may be more than a resupply mission.

Rest of article: https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2023/01/sudden-surge-in-russian-navy-ships-and-submarines-in-black-sea/

GarryB, Big_Gazza, littlerabbit and Hole like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:43 am