Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+73
psg
mnrck
0nillie0
PhSt
dionis
andalusia
walle83
Krepost
Stealthflanker
Kiko
marcellogo
Walther von Oldenburg
Firebird
Dr.Snufflebug
RTN
d_taddei2
GunshipDemocracy
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Werewolf
franco
ludovicense
Broski
bandit6
Erk
mnztr
nomadski
Airbornewolf
billybatts91
sundoesntrise
kvs
sepheronx
ATLASCUB
owais.usmani
Regular
Big_Gazza
MMBR
Scorpius
Serberus
Hinex1988
Tolstoy
lyle6
flamming_python
ALAMO
thegopnik
lancelot
ucmvulcan
SeigSoloyvov
Belisarius
TMA1
calripson
VARGR198
11E
JohninMK
Mir
diabetus
Singular_Transform
limb
Ned86
Isos
Sprut-B
ArgentinaGuard
Sujoy
caveat emptor
Arkanghelsk
Backman
PapaDragon
Vann7
Ispan
GarryB
LMFS
Podlodka77
Hole
Arrow
77 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

Arrow

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 Empty Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

Post  Arrow Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:38 pm

T 62M
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 F04f32d76039

GarryB, franco, psg, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

Post  Hole Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:38 pm

Arsenic wrote:Why the Russian army does not target the presidential palace with 4 or 5 missiles? It is a legitimate objective.

In addition, the entire railway network in the west should be targeted intensively...

Why destroy some useless building? The new russian governour has to work somewhere after he took over.

And the aim is to funnel foreign weapons trough known areas. Also civilians (Bandera- and EU-lovers) must have a way to leave. That´s why not anything is destroyed.

GarryB, Werewolf, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, MMBR, Sprut-B, Broski and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

Post  Hole Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:39 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 Fuaapa10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 Fucgtv10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 Fuck1k10

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, kvs, MMBR, Sprut-B, Mir and like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:40 pm

The best proven combat platform in the world. Decades pass and this "soldier" continues to tear. And it is constantly evolving ..
    This tank is not like the "best NATO tank", which was smashed by goat-fuckers in Syria. You know which tank I mean ..

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 237th_11
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 -kywxp11
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 12905811
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 T-90m_10

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Ispan and like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:42 pm

U.S. Officials Admit They Have Lied About Ukraine Success and Russian Failures

3 June 2022 by Larry Johnson

Told you so. The U.S. and NATO have been lying about what is actually taking place on the ground in Ukraine. For those not familiar with my early writings on the actual situation, go back a look at my previous articles written in March– Is Russia on the Ropes in Ukraine? and Update on the Military Situation in Ukraine.

NBC News, not known as a pro-Putin media outlet, published this bombshell this week:

It was an attention-grabbing assertion that made headlines around the world: U.S. officials said they had indications suggesting Russia might be preparing to use chemical agents in Ukraine.

President Joe Biden later said it publicly. But three U.S. officials told NBC News this week there is no evidence Russia has brought any chemical weapons near Ukraine. They said the U.S. released the information to deter Russia from using the banned munitions.

It’s one of a string of examples of the Biden administration’s breaking with recent precedent by deploying declassified intelligence as part of an information war against Russia. The administration has done so even when the intelligence wasn’t rock solid, officials said, to keep Russian President Vladimir Putin off balance. . . .

Just this week, national security adviser Jake Sullivan stood at the White House podium and read out what officials said was more declassified intelligence, asserting that Russia’s pullout from areas around Kyiv wasn’t a retreat but a strategic redeployment that signals a significant assault on eastern and southern Ukraine, one that U.S. officials believe could be a protracted and bloody fight.

NBC makes a desperate try to put lipstick on this pig and call it Marilyn Monroe, i.e. a thing of beauty and brilliance, but the bottomline is stark and simple–the U.S. Government lied to the American people and acheived NOTHING to change the tactical and strategic picture on the ground in the Donbas. This information did nothing to unbalance Putin or his military command. Instead, they grinded the defenders of Mariupol into dust and are reclaiming steadily territory in the Donbas that Ukraine once controlled. I am sure the United States cannot survive many more “successful” intelligence operations like the ones they have backed so far.

Jake Sullivan’s confirmation that Ukraine did not defeat the Russians and force them from Kiev speaks volumes. I would remind you that Andrei Martyanov, Scott Ritter, Doug MacGregor, Jacob Dreizin and I analyzed the Russian tank columns positioned north of Kiev as a feint that pinned key Ukrainian forces around Kiev while the Russians carried out a strategic redeployment to the Donbas to work on destroying entrenched Ukrainian troops.

If you think the West has learned its lesson and opted to focus on truth, think again. Germany’s Economy Minister, Robert Habeck, was peddling these whoppers to his own government this week:

Western sanctions in response to Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine are still taking a heavy toll on the Russian war machine. . . .The Russian economy is collapsing,” . . . adding that Germany had played its part here by reducing exports to Russia in March by 60%, with an even sharper fall expected in April.

The obvious question for any reporter with the brain power of a cretin would be, “what is the evidence that Russia’s economy is collapsing?” The truth is that all sectors are firing on all cylinders. Just because Germany has decided to commit economic hari kari by declining to purchase cheap Russian oil, does not mean that Russia is bleeding out financially. The Economist reported two weeks ago that Russia is running a record trade surplus.

Yes, Russia is importing fewer Mercedes and BMWs via the open market. First, Russia is not dependent on having western luxury items filling western owned stores. Second, the Russian mafia is more than willing to fill the gap and obtain such goods via the black market. Seems like the West never learns.

Habeck also forgets the first rule of crisis management–when you are in a hole, stop digging. He made this even more outlandish claim:

Moscow had lost access to parts crucial to its ability to fight the war, . . . such as “security updates for airplanes, with the result that the planes will soon be grounded”.

He apparently did not get the briefing, widely available in the public domain, that Russia builds it own planes, rockets, space ships and tanks. Putin did not outsource critical industry to China or Mexico. Reality will remind the United States and its crazy European allies that Russia is the only superpower with a self-sufficient economy. The economy of Russia is not dependent on having a Russian version of Rodeo Drive filled with overpriced baubles.

https://sonar21.com/u-s-officials-admit-they-have-lied-about-ukraine-success-and-russian-failures/

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, MMBR, Sprut-B and like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:02 pm

people hate me for telling the truth..

Hate is a strong word... there are very few people I actually hate... my definition of hate would be if I ran them over in my car there would be no skidmarks in front of the people I hate... and you are not one of them.

Thinking you are right does not make you right, I find you more annoying than someone to hate because you hold beliefs about things despite the supporting reasons for those beliefs you put forward to justify your beliefs getting shot down so easily.

On some very few things we actually agree.

That is fine... you are not me so I can hardly expect us to agree on anything let alone everything.

I have friends who think Putin is evil and America is the greatest country on the planet... that doesn't stop them being my friend, and me being theirs.

air superiority first big lie of russia ,the don't have air superiority , their planes can only fire from stand off position , and with unguided munitions at times.

If they are using unguided rockets then the standoff distance would be too short to be effective against S-300 or BUK... it would only be effective against OSA and MANPADS... which suggest the air superiority they have is similar to the air superiority HATO enjoyed in the conflict in Kosovo.

it was sinked by ukraine and nato , and they don't like being told this.

If that was true why conceal it? When you are fighting Ukraine and HATO is helping your enemy, why miss a chance to blame your enemy for something and get your population screaming for their blood?

Why was there no evidence of an explosion in the view of the ship... there was the upper structure burned black and evidence of an internal fire from the smoke marked port holes, but the deck structure and radar and other structure was intact and present... one or two missiles exploding tend to remove that sort of thing like this:

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 Downlo11

- they hate me for saying the Russian military have shown massive incompetence

We find it annoying that someone who is so often wrong and wont listen to any alternative view even if it matches reality much better than the shit you are pushing. You keep repeating the same old shit... Putin is a trillionaire and hides his money in the west... but the west would never dare touch Putins money... it would be the first money they seized... but they haven't because it does not exist... but you keep making claims about him being wealthy... all sorts of documents released revealing corruption in the west... the Panama papers... he is not mentioned but the west ignores all the names of prominant figures in the west it does implicate in criminal activity and claim the few Russian people on the list are "friends of Putin"... it is so sad and desperate you sound like CNN or BBC... it is just really sad to think you actually might consider it is true... but it is Putin and anything bad must be true... Rolling Eyes

Dross constituted 95% of posts during that time

And still nobody is trimming their quotes

For those using the ignore function it is better.

The next gen small river craft should get the turret of the T-90M and a Pantsir-M for air defence.

Nah, the point is to use previous gen equipment, preferably stuff used by the Naval infantry so of course they use 25mm cannon and PT-76 turrets and of course 140mm rockets instead of 23mm cannon and 100mm guns of the BMP-3 and 122mm rockets.

They have the weapons in storage and the ammo stock and spares...

Would be interesting if they used the old twin barrel 30mm guns they used to use before they standardised on the 6 barrel gatlings in 30 x 165mm.

The old 30mm used a 30 x 210mm round...

Wtf did they do to the military cathedral??? Bastards better not have. It is breathtakingly lovely. And also house of God.

Nazis have no souls... it is a shame they control the west.

Thats just overly expensive for its job.

Sosna would be cheaper than Pantsir, but the twin 25mm guns are not intended for air defence... these are river boats and for coastal operations against ground targets... so the weapons it is currently fitted are already ideal.

Most of the weapons are brought in via the ground very little is via the air due to the risk of shoot down, so that statement is highly questionable.

The fact that they are capturing more MANPADS and Javelins and NLAWs than they can use suggests even things making it to the front line are getting destroyed or captured in large numbers... they will have more weapons than soldiers so when it gets to the front line and 50% of the unit gets turned into red mist and the remaining 50% retreat they are not going to be able to retreat with all the shit the west has sent them... so the Russians get it.

RUSSIA WILL DECLARE WAR AGAINST WEST IF U.S ROCKETS HITS ANY PART OF THE COUNTRY

My hunch is that this decision has already been made.

The west will claim Crimea is not Part of Russia, but I don't think it will matter what they say if that happens...

Russian air defence over Crimea should stop any US rocket easy enough, but now they have said this it might become interesting.

It seems the BMPT rocks.

This is an ideal environment in the sense of lots of enemy infantry and not a lot of enemy tanks... the BMPT is intended to deal with infantry and troop positions and it compliments tanks very well.

I don't think there will be any reaction. We had attacks on Russian soil (with fatalities) and everything ended with threats.

Don't mistake not having a tantrum and leveling some city somewhere as no reaction... at the very least they can make sure those artillery sources don't fire again.

Unfortunately, i think that Russian government decision makers need a kick in the ass until they start to follow up on their words.
    I hope we will not have to see big civilian losses for that to happen.

You have to keep in mind that some of these Orc attacks are provocations attempting to get Russia to do something stupid, so the responses should be designed for best effect rather than kneejerk over reactions. If the Orcs shell some Ukrainians, the Russians shelling some more Ukrainians being used as meatshields is not going to bring the first lot back to life.

We're just discussing. This is what forum is for.
    Even professionals make mistakes.

But internet experts giving their opinions never do...

We need a lot more information before we can decide if any mistakes have been made... and especially if they could have been prevented.

Normally when you invade and attack an enemy force you aim for superiority in numbers of at least 3 to one and we know this conflict has been run on a numbers inferiority of worse than that... with air power and artillery filling the gaps... but you whine about mistakes from the comfort of your computer.

We are dealing with the worst shitloards ever. They look too comfortable in Kiev.

There can be no agreement with Zelensky... he simply cannot be trusted and has proven he cannot control his own country, how could he build a new one?

Zelensky must survive to sign the papers and then be released to live happily ever after in France as a reminder to common Ukrainians about their place in the food chain and the price of arrogance

If they get rid of Zelensky too early he might be replaced by someone who is competent.

damn it gifs dont work here.

They do, but you have to save them as gifs and not jpgs.

Why the Russian army does not target the presidential palace with 4 or 5 missiles? It is a legitimate objective.

Getting rid of someone who does not know what they are doing and is repeatedly making stupid mistakes is very shortsighted.

If he starts to make clever moves then get rid of him...

Putin thinks that war is a negotiation, you can give this weapon instead of that weapon etc and in the meantime tiny states like Latvia has a proxy war against Russia and committing genocides. Zelenski is a rockstar instead of a dead man.

Sad reality is, at this point already Russia cannot win the war without full mobilisation and/or tactical nukes. Now even assassinating Zelenski and the Klitchkos will not be enough.

You are missing the point... the problem is not Zelensky... he can wait... the problem is the armed opposition to Russian forces in the Ukraine... which are being dealt with now on the battlefield... surrender or death... they get to choose.

The west sending equipment to the Orcs is no big deal really... when they spot it in transit they can take it out there seems to be no shortage of missiles... when they spot it near the front line they can destroy it or capture it...

It is not like they have been using all this western equipment and weapons successfully... if they didn't have weapons they might just stay in their holes under layers of civilian meat shield that are much harder to deal with... instead they get crap APCs from the west they climb into and get barbequed from 6km range by a Kornet or Ataka missile... but instead of destroying the APC on a train or a ship they take it out on the front line full of Orcs... a more productive kill.

President Joe Biden later said it publicly. But three U.S. officials told NBC News this week there is no evidence Russia has brought any chemical weapons near Ukraine. They said the U.S. released the information to deter Russia from using the banned munitions.

Nice double bluff... there was no evidence Russia brought any chemical weapons to Ukraine so there was no need to deter them from using weapons they didn't have in theatre... so why would they make such accusations... well the only thing I could think of would be if Kievs forces were contemplating using such weapons or chemical terrorism which after the warning to Russia they could then blame on Russian forces...

Dirty bastards they even lie about their lies... understandable because the truth about the west would be hard for a soft westerner to swallow in one pill... and the west loves to keep its audience medicated.

The administration has done so even when the intelligence wasn’t rock solid, officials said, to keep Russian President Vladimir Putin off balance. . . .

Yeah, the best way to win an argument and put your opposition off balance is to make wild baseless accusations because when they turn out to be false... he will be rolling on the floor laughing his arse off.... Twisted Evil

Instead, they grinded the defenders of Mariupol into dust and are reclaiming steadily territory in the Donbas that Ukraine once controlled. I am sure the United States cannot survive many more “successful” intelligence operations like the ones they have backed so far.

They are used to being proven wrong... they have a history of no consequences for being obviously wrong... they will survive and flourish because the western audience are idiots... who would rather be blind american patriots than right.

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski, Arkanghelsk and like this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:07 pm

Alleged to be from Kherson, T-62 tanks marching to the front, notice, five wheels

https://t.me/swodki/110426?single

now there are videos and photos of the arrival of Russian tanks in the Kherson region.

Tanks are moving both in the direction of Nikolaev and Krivoy Rog. It is difficult to estimate their number, but armored vehicles have not stopped moving for the third day and day and night, most likely Russian troops are preparing something large.

Comment: Either after destroying the Ukrainian "counteroffensive" the Russians send reinforcements to advance to Nikolayev, or they are just reinforcements to repel new Ukrozombie attacks. A Russian offensive towards Odessa seems premature to me, but still they have seen that the Ukrainian forces are weakened and there is an opportunity.

It would make sense to send the T-62s there if the Ukros are so weakened that they have no tanks left. Although I personally expected to see them on the Donbass front.

d_taddei2, kvs, MMBR, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole, Backman and like this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:44 pm

Okay I stumbled about this "Murz" in Strelkov telegram.

He keeps a blog and is allegedly a Lugansk militia fighter.

I do not deny there are problems. From what my contact in Donbass told me, I know both the militias and the Russian army had serious flaws. In war screw-ups are common.

I am just taken aback by the negativity, and somehow the bitching doesn't fit in with observed progress

https://kenigtiger.livejournal.com/2147032.html

Quote:

First, that the People's militia of the LPR and the People's militia of the DPR, if we take the composition as of February 24, really mostly died in the first days, if not weeks of the war. They died precisely because of what I wrote about all these years, what was the report of the KTSPN and a lot of other similar documents written during the years of service in the LPR by the late " Dobry”, as co-authored with me and akela2017, and separately. Poor training, poor equipment, poor corps supplies, and the misery of most of the advisers sent, which systematically reduce the actual combat readiness of the troops instead of increasing it…

It is worse than defending with such a " background” – only to attack. Which was done. The vast majority of those who are now on the front line in infantry companies are people who returned to the service or first got there after February 24 or as part of the February “mobilization”. Most of our old infantry, those who had at least some experience of service, who were at least somehow prepared for what was happening, have already fallen to their graves and hospitals. Now in the People's Militia brigades, where companies replenished with "mobs" are the size of platoons, these companies are commanded by sergeants, or even privates, if you take the ranks at the beginning of the SVO.

+++++++++++++++

First of all, he criticizes aircraft work, what an infantryman would know about aviation? Ok, as much as me. But this grates:

"The Russian Armed Forces are permanently losing about half a thousand tanks only, mainly the latest models, and most of the existing BMP-3 fleet. A monstrous amount of expensive special equipment, including communications complexes and air defense systems.

Three months of the war have passed, and the Russian Armed Forces on average fight with armored vehicles of the same type as the APU, or worse. Basically - the same BMP-1 and BMP-2 as the Ukrov and T-72/T-80 old versions against the T-64."

I could buy heavy tank losses in the hundreds due to the intensity of the fighting and urban combat. But if the Russians have lost a few hundred tanks, then the Ukrops lost as much, as most of their force.

I am smelling a rat here. Russia is using older equipment from the start, because it suffices to fight the zombies, and these claims do not fit at all with the available facts.

I think either this guy if genuine is a defeatist, and Strelkov seized on him for his agenda. Strelkov is a blind patriot, but this "Murz" guy sounds very fishy.

flamming_python, MMBR and Broski like this post

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:24 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:RIA Novosti; 11:25 05.06.2022

Putin named highly effective weapon against Ukrainian drones

Putin: "Buks", "TORs", "Pantsyr" are highly effective against Ukrainian UAVs

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 17868510

Putin: "Buks", "TORs", "Pantsyr" for the suppression of Ukrainian drones are working extremely effectively.
    Putin: Ukrainian reconnaissance drones that have been flying there since the beginning of the special operation are all foreign-made.
    Putin: reconnaissance drones were used by the West over the Black Sea even before the start of the operation, why transfer them to Ukraine is not very clear.

https://ria.ru/20220605/ukraina-1793248707.html

just putin propaganda.. he is not a military either.

none of russian air defenses "good enough" if they don't shot down those drones as soon they take off , if they allowed to strike or guide artillery first ,and /or if those defenses stay behind in safer places and don't follow their convoys for real time protection of their soldiers advancing.

Aside depending only in "air defenses" is retarded , they are not some kind of magical shield , if russian airforce don't do its job , of suppressing artillery , then any advance by the russian army will be an advance under artillery fire of the enemy.

What all war experts agree on russia performance ,is that is highly inadequate , the airforce role in russia , have been a colossal failure , this is what pro russian sources are saying. No air superiority at all , the only planes they risk sending are su-25 and not for close air support , but for throwing unguided rockets , from stand off position ,from far distances.. so how they can know the mission was success if they don't have visual confirmation/video recorded of the destruction of the target?

The internet is full of destruction of russian positions by guide artillery and drones flying day and night all the time over russian soldiers zones..

people blindly praising russian air defenses ,need to take a look at this next video..
    the high quality images of nato drones , should be praised , this is not what russian airforce
    ever shows in their combat missions how enemy hardware is destroyed. Most times Russia airforce don't show anything at all, only their words ,that they destroyed this or that. This is likely because
    russian airforce never can go that close ,to document any destruction of enemy hardware..

Ukraine have by far ,the upper hand in efficient use of drones with artillery, and in filming in details ,the destruction of their enemies hardware.

The video shows an ukraine drone taken down..   great right?

but the drone was allowed first to fly in any place it wanted and do its job , gather intelligence , of russian positions and help the ukros guide their artillery towards russian correct positions. So the drone even if it was shotdown , was allowed to do its mission.. and this is  the problem , that
    russia is not providing 24 hours air cover , to their russian soldiers positions , neither enemy hardware suppression with airforce in the cities they planning to advance.

The big elephant in the room, is the colossal failure of russian airforce in destroying.

1) 24 hours monitoring ,guarding of ukraine airspace , at least in the cities they planning to invade.
       and over russian positions too. is called 24hours air cover and support.
    2)  the failure in destroying ukraine artillery positions , allowing it to target the russians.  

3) failure in using spy planes ,to stop artillery positions.

4)failure in integrating air and ground operations , between airforce ,drones and land forces.

5)failure with electronic warfare ,in keeping enemy drones blind , not providing intel to their artillery.

6)whenever ukro forces can fortify their positions , is because there is no russian airforce striking them.  

so the big elephant in the room ,is russia airforce , in the entire conflict.. at least since they were pushed from kiev and kharkiv , is as if doesn't exist..

7) another colossal failure of russian military is in the documentation of their victories , not showing
    how they destroy those long convoys of ukie armor from above , when they move , or it is because the airforce is not bombing ukros convoys at all?  

none of this problems russia face with ukranian artillery , would have happened had russia airforce ,
    was competent doing its job.  perhaps russia needs to ask israel airforce , how they do to strike for 8 years syria with very high precision  just using glide bombs and with nearly zero casualties in their airforce and this is using third generations f-16 and f-15 planes.

basically NATO have proven beyond any doubts, that they can make very  near obsolete the russian airforce.. since in ukraine , most of the combat is done by land forces artillery and cruise missiles that is very limited the damage they can do , across an entire battlefield , you can't win wars with cruise missiles alone.. airforce needs to be the one that leads the army  not the other way.

-Russia desperately needs better drones , something that  flying medium altitude ,that can stay away of manpads ,but that is cheap and mass produced in big numbers and can be used for strike or for guiding artillery.

-Russia also needs better bombs..smart bombs , loitering munition with tv camera and artificial intelligence and glide bombs..

- finally the use of stealth planes in service , in descent numbers ,to hunt down artillery and ukraine endless air defenses they appear to always have.

Putin attempts to impress  the west with "olympics bullshit" , cost the nation up to 100 billions dollars , from 2010 to 2018 , in shinny new roads , trains , hotels , olympic avenues ,stadiums of football, money he could have better used to properly equip its military ,specially its very weak airforce ,that is the reason ,they facing so much problems in ukraine. and it will only get worse in a 10x time fold or more , when the day comes for them to fight a major power in the west.  if israel airforce was aiding ukraine army there , the story will have been totally different ,and russia forces pushed all the way back to moscow , if the war was only using conventional weapons..  the only thing russia have ,to keep nato away of russian land ,is their nuclear weapons , because their conventional forces are not good enough ,to face a major conflict with NATO today.    

russia have good weapons , that if only they could produce in big enough quantities , could make a huge differences , but their priorities , how they invest  in their military are all wrong and now they paying the price for having such a weak airforce ,including drone support. No

Air space domination ---> this is what russia needs..
    you can achieve that in different ways , and with smart use of the hardware they have.
    when air force fails , this force the military land forces to do it .mostly all with artillery ,which is the reason ,why russian military dragging their feets in ukraine. Shoigu needs to be sacked for incompetent , he is the one that do the purchases of what the military should have.. all those surface navy in the black sea ,is next to useless in helping in any way the russian army fighting in ukraine.

Last edited by Vann7 on Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sprut-B dislikes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:47 pm

Ispan wrote:Okay I stumbled about this "Murz" in Strelkov telegram.

Dude, please stop wasting server space with Girkin's bullshit

His salty butthurt has reached astronomical levels

He is a fuckin nobody

sepheronx, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole and like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:17 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

He is a fuckin nobody

I don't think it's even him. It's a psyop

GunshipDemocracy and Arkanghelsk like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:30 pm

Those t62M tanks over in Kherson will probably be used to shore up defensive positions there

Idk how likely it is that these will be used to attack Krivoy Rog and Nikolayev as some are saying

Sure the Ukrop counterattack was a disaster, but if those forces are LDNR - then it would make sense to send t62m

It could make sense to attack there , sensing Ukraine rear units are weak, but it doesn't add up

* I do recall there was talk of raising a new army in those regions of volunteers , so it could be that

But if it was Russian army, there would be no need for those tanks

So my guess is the raising of the new armies in those regions , staffed by locals , who would be performing defensive duties

MMBR, Broski and bitch_killer like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:33 pm

He keeps a blog and is allegedly a Lugansk militia fighter.

I do not deny there are problems. From what my contact in Donbass told me, I know both the militias and the Russian army had serious flaws. In war screw-ups are common.

I am just taken aback by the negativity, and somehow the bitching doesn't fit in with observed progress

https://kenigtiger.livejournal.com/2147032.html

Quote:

First, that the People's militia of the LPR and the People's militia of the DPR, if we take the composition as of February 24, really mostly died in the first days, if not weeks of the war. They died precisely because of what I wrote about all these years, what was the report of the KTSPN and a lot of other similar documents written during the years of service in the LPR by the late " Dobry”, as co-authored with me and akela2017, and separately. Poor training, poor equipment, poor corps supplies, and the misery of most of the advisers sent, which systematically reduce the actual combat readiness of the troops instead of increasing it…

It is worse than defending with such a " background” – only to attack. Which was done. The vast majority of those who are now on the front line in infantry companies are people who returned to the service or first got there after February 24 or as part of the February “mobilization”. Most of our old infantry, those who had at least some experience of service, who were at least somehow prepared for what was happening, have already fallen to their graves and hospitals. Now in the People's Militia brigades, where companies replenished with "mobs" are the size of platoons, these companies are commanded by sergeants, or even privates, if you take the ranks at the beginning of the SVO.

+++++++++++++++

First of all, he criticizes aircraft work, what an infantryman would know about aviation? Ok, as much as me. But this grates:

"The Russian Armed Forces are permanently losing about half a thousand tanks only, mainly the latest models, and most of the existing BMP-3 fleet. A monstrous amount of expensive special equipment, including communications complexes and air defense systems.

Three months of the war have passed, and the Russian Armed Forces on average fight with armored vehicles of the same type as the APU, or worse. Basically - the same BMP-1 and BMP-2 as the Ukrov and T-72/T-80 old versions against the T-64."

I could buy heavy tank losses in the hundreds due to the intensity of the fighting and urban combat. But if the Russians have lost a few hundred tanks, then the Ukrops lost as much, as most of their force.

I am smelling a rat here. Russia is using older equipment from the start, because it suffices to fight the zombies, and these claims do not fit at all with the available facts.

I think either this guy if genuine is a defeatist, and Strelkov seized on him for his agenda. Strelkov is a blind patriot, but this "Murz" guy sounds very fishy.

Murz was making defeatist comments before as well. This is nothing new.
    In general, LDPR reservists are pretty badly equipped and took big losses in few sectors. They got licked around Kharkov, as well. Why Russia didn't take on itself to equip these units is beyond me. Maybe these T-62 are part of the effort. Bezsonov complained that in Kherson direction, militia needs pretty basic things such as radios, drones and other things. Most of the civilian donations were going to the east where main fight is going on.

Last edited by caveat emptor on Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

flamming_python, Ispan, Sprut-B and Broski like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:36 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

He is a fuckin nobody

Strelkov is using Murz as "another voice", trying to prove a point. Murz was posting before as well, mostly, along similar lines.

flamming_python and Arkanghelsk like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:36 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Backman wrote:...If Putin doesn't make the executive decision to pound Kiev govt buildings and make Kiev inadmissible for western govt leaders then I cant continue supporting him.

Govt buildings across Ukraine have to be devastated. Any pro Ukraine mayors offices. Kharkiv, Odessa, Lviv , Kiev , you name it.

Wrong

Priority must be extermination of Ukrainian troops

Only thing that will keep Euros from starting another war after this is knowledge of massive amount of dead Ukrops as a warning

Anything else is just invitation to invasion (again, Finland)

Zelensky must survive to sign the papers and then be released to live happily ever after in France as a reminder to common Ukrainians about their place in the food chain and the price of arrogance

I don't think zelensky will though under any circumstances. Unless he is captured , has a gun pointed at his head and is promised to be released only if he signs.

So do they capture him ? How ?
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:40 pm

Another thing, the distance from Crimea to the Kherson frontline is more than 80km

How would M270 or HIMARS reach Crimea from that sector of the front? (It is the closest)

The only place they could really hit Russia from is Sumy and Chernigov regions

But Crimea is defended from those rockets by sheer distance

lancelot likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:44 pm

https://t.me/intelslava/30855

Tos1 ... whoever was there, not even pieces will be found

Just black ash

Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Werewolf, Big_Gazza, MMBR, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski, bitch_killer and like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:45 pm

Russian MoD released a video showing Giatsint-S 152mm SP arty engaged in counter-battery firing against a Ukrainian unit of U.S supplied M777 155mm.

I'm beginning to think, ATAGS are always fated to come cropper against SPs. The only exception is probably mountain warfare where ATAGs may have an upper hand.

psg, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, starman, MMBR and like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:56 pm

Ispan wrote:Alleged to be from Kherson, T-62 tanks marching to the front, notice, five wheels

https://t.me/swodki/110426?single

now there are videos and photos of the arrival of Russian tanks in the Kherson region.

Tanks are moving both in the direction of Nikolaev and Krivoy Rog. It is difficult to estimate their number, but armored vehicles have not stopped moving for the third day and day and night, most likely Russian troops are preparing something large.

Comment: Either after destroying the Ukrainian "counteroffensive" the Russians send reinforcements to advance to Nikolayev, or they are just reinforcements to repel new Ukrozombie attacks. A Russian offensive towards Odessa seems premature to me, but still they have seen that the Ukrainian forces are weakened and there is an opportunity.

It would make sense to send the T-62s there if the Ukros are so weakened that they have no tanks left. Although I personally expected to see them on the Donbass front.

The second biggest army in NATO has 1500+ M-60 Patton tanks in service with some deployed to Syria right now.

So the whole muh T-62 thing was a Western media con job

Werewolf, kvs, MMBR, lancelot, Broski, Belisarius and ucmvulcan like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:59 pm

I hope that artillery branch of land forces get some much deserved love after this war. It has shown that it is still Russia's bread and butter, but not much money from MoD went that way.

flamming_python, Werewolf, kvs, MMBR and Broski like this post

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:34 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Another thing, the distance from Crimea to the Kherson frontline is more than 80km

How would M270 or HIMARS reach Crimea from that sector of the front? (It is the closest)

The only place they could really hit Russia from is Sumy and Chernigov regions

But Crimea is defended from those rockets by sheer distance

Shows how clueless you are in military subjects and tactics, the m270 is a multiple launcher system , and nato can fire  long range missiles from it..  

The MGM-140 Army Tactical Missile System (ATACMS) is a surface-to-surface missile (SSM) manufactured by the U.S. defense company Lockheed Martin. It has a range of up to 190 miles
    (310 km)
    ,[7] with solid propellant, and is 13 feet (4.0 m) high and 24 inches (610 mm) in diameter.

The ATACMS can be fired from multiple rocket launchers, including the M270 Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS), and M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS). An ATACMS launch container has a lid patterned with six circles like a standard MLRS rocket lid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MGM-140_ATACMS

So NATO long range artillery , can hit crimea easily from kherson and it can hit deep inside russian
    territory too and it can be armed with nuclear weapons too.  so have fun with those facts . russian airdefenses will be next to useless if those missiles not shot down very early .

This is the reason why russia needs to take all bordering cities near russian border , to push back
    any artillery from nato from russian cities.. ideally russia should fully control everything to the right of dnieper river , including kiev ,  so that NATO can't create a second cuban missile crisis , using ukraine as a forward base ,to strike russia with nuclear capable missiles.

but keep cheering those meaningless s-400s world records.. taking down soviet old planes ,and all others meaningless things .The best defense is not for russia sit down and try to intercept nuclear armed artillery shells ,that nato can give to ukraine ,and will do , if russia don't get their shit together and fix their poor army performance there ,that only encourage nato to attack russia more , if they see weakness. and wait for enemies to strike ,to see if you can intercept it.. best defense is de-militarize ukraine in full and replace kiev puppet government ,for a friendly one to russia.

For russia is very dangerous to show weakness , the more slow and weak russia look fighting ukraine ,the more deadlier weapons nato will supply to ukraine.. if russia had a strong airforce , ukraine will have been captured in just 30 days of fighting,, and those trench war tactics would have not worked at all , if the russian airforce and heavy drones force can strike easily at ukros any place they use to seek cover.

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:55 pm

Vann7 wrote:

The MGM-140 Army Tactical Missile System (ATACMS) is a surface-to-surface missile (SSM) manufactured by the U.S. defense company Lockheed Martin. It has a range of up to 190 miles
    (310 km)
    ,[7] with solid propellant, and is 13 feet (4.0 m) high and 24 inches (610 mm) in diameter.

The ATACMS can be fired from multiple rocket launchers, including the M270 Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS), and M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS). An ATACMS launch container has a lid patterned with six circles like a standard MLRS rocket lid.

It was already stated by US multiple times, that Ukraine will not get ATACMS.

JohninMK, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:06 pm

LMFS wrote:U.S. Officials Admit They Have Lied About Ukraine Success and Russian Failures

3 June 2022 by Larry Johnson

Told you so. The U.S. and NATO have been lying about what is actually taking place on the ground in Ukraine. For those not familiar with my early writings on the actual situation, go back a look at my previous articles written in March– Is Russia on the Ropes in Ukraine? and Update on the Military Situation in Ukraine.

NBC News, not known as a pro-Putin media outlet, published this bombshell this week:

It was an attention-grabbing assertion that made headlines around the world: U.S. officials said they had indications suggesting Russia might be preparing to use chemical agents in Ukraine.

It’s one of a string of examples of the Biden administration’s breaking with recent precedent by deploying declassified intelligence as part of an information war against Russia. The administration has done so even when the intelligence wasn’t rock solid, officials said, to keep Russian President Vladimir Putin off balance. . . .

Just this week, national security adviser Jake Sullivan stood at the White House podium and read out what officials said was more declassified intelligence, asserting that Russia’s pullout from areas around Kyiv wasn’t a retreat but a strategic redeployment that signals a significant assault on eastern and southern Ukraine, one that U.S. officials believe could be a protracted and bloody fight.

NBC makes a desperate try to put lipstick on this pig and call it Marilyn Monroe, i.e. a thing of beauty and brilliance, but the bottomline is stark and simple–the U.S. Government lied to the American people and acheived NOTHING to change the tactical and strategic picture on the ground in the Donbas. This information did nothing to unbalance Putin or his military command. Instead, they grinded the defenders of Mariupol into dust and are reclaiming steadily territory in the Donbas that Ukraine once controlled. I am sure the United States cannot survive many more “successful” intelligence operations like the ones they have backed so far.

Jake Sullivan’s confirmation that Ukraine did not defeat the Russians and force them from Kiev speaks volumes. I would remind you that Andrei Martyanov, Scott Ritter, Doug MacGregor, Jacob Dreizin and I analyzed the Russian tank columns positioned north of Kiev as a feint that pinned key Ukrainian forces around Kiev while the Russians carried out a strategic redeployment to the Donbas to work on destroying entrenched Ukrainian troops.

If you think the West has learned its lesson and opted to focus on truth, think again. Germany’s Economy Minister, Robert Habeck, was peddling these whoppers to his own government this week:

Western sanctions in response to Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine are still taking a heavy toll on the Russian war machine. . . .The Russian economy is collapsing,” . . . adding that Germany had played its part here by reducing exports to Russia in March by 60%, with an even sharper fall expected in April.

The obvious question for any reporter with the brain power of a cretin would be, “what is the evidence that Russia’s economy is collapsing?” The truth is that all sectors are firing on all cylinders. Just because Germany has decided to commit economic hari kari by declining to purchase cheap Russian oil, does not mean that Russia is bleeding out financially. The Economist reported two weeks ago that Russia is running a record trade surplus.

Yes, Russia is importing fewer Mercedes and BMWs via the open market. First, Russia is not dependent on having western luxury items filling western owned stores. Second, the Russian mafia is more than willing to fill the gap and obtain such goods via the black market. Seems like the West never learns.

Habeck also forgets the first rule of crisis management–when you are in a hole, stop digging. He made this even more outlandish claim:

Moscow had lost access to parts crucial to its ability to fight the war, . . . such as “security updates for airplanes, with the result that the planes will soon be grounded”.

He apparently did not get the briefing, widely available in the public domain, that Russia builds it own planes, rockets, space ships and tanks. Putin did not outsource critical industry to China or Mexico. Reality will remind the United States and its crazy European allies that Russia is the only superpower with a self-sufficient economy. The economy of Russia is not dependent on having a Russian version of Rodeo Drive filled with overpriced baubles.

https://sonar21.com/u-s-officials-admit-they-have-lied-about-ukraine-success-and-russian-failures/

Zelensky acknowledged that Ukrainian hackers have flooded the internet with fake news about his alleged "victories."

War can be a profitable business for countries with a military industry. Russia has become stronger economically.

It would be interesting for Russia to find a way to kill Biden taking advantage of the context of the social crisis in the United States and the shootings that are taking place. It is not necessary for the secret service to do it, but to encourage it in the radical nuclei of its population. If Biden were to die they would be in absolute chaos. It would also be a message for the globalist elite.
    Sprut-B
    Sprut-B

Post  Sprut-B Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:31 pm

High precision strike by a Su-57.

sepheronx, flamming_python, Sujoy, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:53 pm

Sprut-B wrote:High precision strike by a Su-57.

It seems like a kh-29T or older kh-59 which also vme with an optical guidance.

I highly doubt it was a su-57 that launched it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 pm