Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
sundoesntrise
Broski
Odin of Ossetia
BliTTzZ
Walther von Oldenburg
TMA1
Regular
par far
dionis
lyle6
zorobabel
kvs
Lapain
calripson
Tolstoy
Rodion_Romanovic
Dr.Snufflebug
famschopman
flamming_python
thegopnik
billybatts91
d_taddei2
Erk
mnztr
GunshipDemocracy
Ispan
RTN
sepheronx
Sujoy
VARGR198
LMFS
Belisarius
ArgentinaGuard
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
PapaDragon
Werewolf
Airbornewolf
SeigSoloyvov
Scorpius
nomadski
GarryB
Stealthflanker
franco
Mir
JohninMK
Hole
0nillie0
Isos
Ned86
lancelot
Serberus
Podlodka77
limb
ALAMO
owais.usmani
Arrow
Firebird
ucmvulcan
Backman
PhSt
caveat emptor
Arkanghelsk
Big_Gazza
Azi
crod
69 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26

crod
    crod

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 Empty Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26

Post  crod Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:29 am

Backman wrote:
    crod wrote:GreyZone Telegram has some interesting posts and pics re weapons being provided.  

Link

Apologies, thought I had. The translation is bit off but apparently some of the personal weapons being handed out. Looks like it was buried. Can't really tell from the translation what's going on though. Russian speakers might be able to provide some clarity.
    https://t.me/grey_zone/15144
    crod
    crod

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26

Post  crod Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:31 am

[/quote]

Su34 or su30 lost today in Kharkov region

Flying low , like 99% of shoot downs since February 24... all planes were lost the same way, flying low downed by buk...

What I am wondering is why this is the approach when Ukraines SAMS are SHORADS which excel at low altitude shoot down?

This issue of flying low to avoid dropping bombs from high is part of the same problem since day 1

[/quote]

Bugger
    Azi

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26

Post  Azi Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:41 am

thegopnik wrote:I know I shouldnt laugh but come on.

Sorry but it's fake! Wink The song is original a french song covered by a band in Netherland in the 70ies and later popular in Germany. It's normally played during carnival. A few years later a new version was released by the band "d'Artagnan" (a big party hit by the way).

The original song is called "son ar christr" and I wrote it before a french folk song written in 1929. It was never used, played or whatever by german soldiers during WW2.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:02 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    kvs wrote:The Wagner group appears to be engaged in full bore military operations in Artyomovsk (Bahmut).   People fob them off as mercenaries but I don't recall Blackrock
    (now Academy) engaging in such operations.  

1) Patriotism

2) War junkies

3) Insane amount of new contracts in the pipeline after this

A powerful and profitable combo

Yup, and I hope the Russian gov holds a sizeable % of the company shares Laughing

BliTTzZ and Hole like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:12 am

thegopnik wrote:I know I shouldnt laugh but come on.

There is one little nazi spawn who is going to be badly disappointed with his life... Laughing

ISIS whackjobs gave their kids knives and guns to kill bound "infidels". Ukrops teach their kids to sing nazi songs. Russia and her allies destroyed ISIS powerbase and reduced them to guerilla bands hiding in the desert. I wonder how this kids Nazi parents will end up.

thegopnik, Hole and Podlodka77 like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:22 am

Why does this remind me of Ukraine?

Werewolf, kvs, auslander, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, thegopnik, Hole and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:50 am

🇷🇺🇺🇦 The situation in the Liman direction
    by the end of September 24, 2022

In the Redkodub area, the Armed Forces of Ukraine managed to take advantage of the numerical superiority and push through the defense of the RF Armed Forces. Ukrainian formations entered the operational space to the north of the settlement, where there is no continuous line of defense.

▪Ukrainian formations established control over Redkodub, Karpovka, Novoe after a successful attack from Lozovoe.

▪Reinforcements of motorized rifle formations of the 20th Army, who arrived in time, carried out a successful counterattack and recaptured the villages of Karpovka and Novoye.

▪The enemy is entrenched in the village of Redkodub, fierce battles are going on in the vicinity.

▪The Ukrainian command abandoned large forces of motorized infantry for further advance to the north and exit to the Svatovo-Borovoye highway.

In the event that the Armed Forces of Ukraine reach Svatovo, the entire Liman group of allied forces will be in an operational encirclement.
    With a simultaneous strike from the bridgehead near Kupyansk, the entire defense along the border of the LPR could collapse.

The command of the RF Armed Forces is throwing reserves into battle in order to tie down parts of the Ukrainian troops and slow down their advance, gaining time to create a continuous line of defense and stabilize the situation at the front.

Map in high resolution

Foreign version of Liman direction map: DE | EN | ES | F.R. | IT
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:53 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 Img_2186

Ukrainians push deeper, entrenched

20th army counterattacked but the Ukrainians have entrenched

Not good , they're pushing the line , forcing reserves into battle

Tactics must change especially with VKS putting such bad performance

The men are at risk of being in encirclement, I would commit the 3rd army and those units that have been waiting to be rotated , throw them in immediately

Losing Liman, would mean the north of slavyansk is at risk - well to be honest it looks like we have lost the position de facto - as there is nothing strong north of Slavyansk at this moment , and the chances to remain are disappearing increasingly

So what will Putin do? Throw the men back to Kiev?

He must open another front, this is a disadvantage to allow Ukraine to develop a massive offensive in Kharkov and donetsk

limb and rfan like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:45 am

I don't understand the thinking of Russian command about troop deployment in this whole Kharkhov/ LNR theater.
    PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:47 am

Why are UkroNazis even allowed to concentrate forces without being bombed? Is the Russian airforce really that weak? All these recent UkroNazi gains shouldn't have been allowed in the first place. I don't care if UkroNazi cities are razed to the ground as long as the Nazis are exterminated Rolling Eyes
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:06 am

caveat emptor wrote:I don't understand the thinking of Russian command about troop deployment in this whole Kharkhov/ LNR  theater.

The only explanation is total abandonment north of Slavyansk , and opening a new front to the North

Because it seems there is no effort to hold this ground

Light defense, and very little effort, although they lost a su34 here today , due to an engine flameout apparently

So either everything is going to shit there, or they just gave up on this area in general

Ispan and limb like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:10 am

caveat emptor wrote:I don't understand the thinking of Russian command about troop deployment in this whole Kharkhov/ LNR  theater.

It looks like human waves are coming that they didn't expect existed. There's really no excuse though.

The rigidity of the bureaucracy also
    PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:24 am

Backman wrote:
    It looks like human waves are coming that they didn't expect existed. There's really no excuse though.

Would be nice if the Nazi waves are gunned down instead of letting them capture more Russian territories
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:51 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    The only explanation is total abandonment north of Slavyansk , and opening a new front to the North

Because it seems there is no effort to hold this ground

Light defense, and very little effort, although they lost a su34 here today , due to an engine flameout apparently

So either everything is going to shit there, or they just gave up on this area in general
    Which area is given up? Liman falls and then you get whole Severodonetsk/ Lisichansk agglomeration under pressure. And Svatove to the north. I don't see the logic there. These are integral parts of LDNR. Plus north LNR came through relatively unscathed through the war.

Last edited by caveat emptor on Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Ispan likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:52 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 Img_2187

❗🇷🇺🇺🇦 The situation in the Soledar direction
    by the end of September 24, 2022

▪Detachments of "PMC Wagner" destroyed large strongholds of the Armed Forces of Ukraine to the east of Otradovka and west of Vershina.

▪Advanced groups of "Wagnerites" entered and entrenched themselves on the southeastern outskirts of Zaitsevo, south of Bakhmut (Artemovsk). Fights are going on in the private sector.

▪After the liberation of the Donbasskaya PS, the Wagner PMC fighters continued their offensive to the west in the direction of Zaitsevo and Vesela Dolina.

▪Wagner forces in the east of Bakhmut expanded the zone of control, moving deep into the horticultural partnership north of Patrice Lumumba Street.

franco, d_taddei2 and Broski like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:53 am

To me it does not make sense to vacate Liman and areas north of Slavyansk , exposing areas north of Seversk

While at the same time coming into Artemovsk from southeast

Why attack in this direction and give up the north?

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:54 am

Backman wrote:

If they didn't expect that Ukrainians have so many people left in the theater, intelligence and reconnaissance sucks. 

This area is very close to the Russian border and easy to supply. If they have problem there, something's very wrong in command chain.

limb, Backman and Arkanghelsk like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:57 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 Img_2188

⚡🇷🇺🇺🇦⚔ Preparations of Marines for a Sortie at ZNPP⚡

Earlier on we reported on the preparations of AFU units for another move to the Zaporozhye NPP. AFU command has still not abandoned these plans.

Special forces, mainly marines, are training for another attempt to storm the NPP. For two nights, 17 boats are training to land militants on an unequipped shore of the Dnipro River.

According to the plan of the exercise, a company of personnel (up to 110 men) practice landing near #Volnoandreevka in the dark. The group is accompanied by a Turkish Bayraktar TB2 UAV, which "hovers" at a distance of 50 km from the landing site.

The fact that the training continues confirms the seriousness of the AFU's intentions to regain control of the NPP. Considering that the Zaporozhye Region is expected to become part of the RF next week, an attempt to capture the power plant could be made in the next few days.

t.me/Slavyangrad /@rybar/
    Join SLG 🔺 Intelligence Briefings, Strategy and Analysis, Expert Community

Considering their successes in the east, I wonder what can happen from such a hare brained scheme

But you never know- with Russian performance it's been abysmal
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:04 am

Only reason I can say they would give up lisichansk and severodonetsk, is that they really are intent to draw the Ukrainians to prepositioned reserves like 3rd AK and 1st GTA

But I can't really say

On the other hand:

💪Volodymyr Rogov, a spokesman for the administration of the Zaporozhye region, said that the Kyiv authorities are developing "several scenarios of a suicidal offensive" against the Zaporozhye region, one of which involves forcing the Dnieper.

He claims that such plans are being developed under the supervision of the Pentagon.

So they will attempt an amphibious assault on the ZNPP
    PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:07 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:Only reason I can say they would give up lisichansk and severodonetsk, is that they really are intent to draw the Ukrainians to prepositioned reserves like 3rd AK and 1st GTA

But I can't really say

On the other hand:

💪Volodymyr Rogov, a spokesman for the administration of the Zaporozhye region, said that the Kyiv authorities are developing "several scenarios of a suicidal offensive" against the Zaporozhye region, one of which involves forcing the Dnieper.

He claims that such plans are being developed under the supervision of the Pentagon.

So they will attempt an amphibious assault on the ZNPP

This is why its important to start dropping FOABs on major UkroNazi cities close to the front lines to cause disarray among NATzO terrorists

Backman likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:20 am

PhSt wrote:

This is why its important to start dropping FOABs on major UkroNazi cities close to the front lines to cause disarray among NATzO terrorists

normally I would say these statements are unnecessary or excessive

But these days you sound quite right Laughing

The Ukrainians have mustered quite a strength , it's unbelievable they had this in them

Russian forces do not have the strength to hold them back despite claims of massive casualties

To me they are simply casualties in a battle zone during offensive, something the MOD obviously does not understand is a normal product of conducting these offensives

Ukraine is not running out of steam, and in fact is building momentum
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:23 am

Why are geran 2 and other munitions flying to Odessa

When donetsk is under threat of collapse...

Some random hits on Odessa will not change anything for severodonetsk and lisichansk

Geran 2 should be over the guys at Liman

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:43 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    PhSt wrote:

normally I would say these statements are unnecessary or excessive

But these days you sound quite right Laughing

The Ukrainians have mustered quite a strength , it's unbelievable they had this in them

Russian forces do not have the strength to hold them back despite claims of massive casualties

To me they are simply casualties in a battle zone during offensive, something the MOD obviously does not understand is a normal product of conducting these offensives

Ukraine is not running out of steam, and in fact is building momentum

Hopefully 300,000 new troops will shift the balance of power back in Russia's favor.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:49 am

ucmvulcan wrote:

Hopefully 300,000 new troops will shift the balance of power back in Russia's favor.  

Only way would be to open another front in North

The Ukrainians have been allowed to amass such a force in kharkov/donetsk/Lughansk

That they need to attack somewhere else to draw Ukrainians away from that area

Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:04 am

The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation held a meeting with military commissars, at which the military registration and enlistment offices were scolded for serving subpoenas to everyone in a row and for negligence - source Readovka

According to a Readovka source, today in the first half of the day the Ministry of Defense held a general meeting on Frunzenskaya Street with military commissars from all Russian regions. It discussed the issues of excesses when calling up citizens for service as part of partial mobilization.

Particular attention at the meeting was paid to the fact that in many places agendas are handed out to everyone in a row - when mailing agendas, the age, disability and other statuses of those called up are not taken into account. All this is happening contrary to the official explanations of the Ministry of Defense, drew attention to the department.

The military commissars were instructed to immediately put this process in order within a tight deadline, and all those involved were threatened with dismissal.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:57 pm