Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+76
chinggis
11E
Karl Haushofer
Yugo90
teh_beard
owais.usmani
MMBR
Ispan
thegopnik
GunshipDemocracy
psg
ahmedfire
ult
caveat emptor
Ned86
Rodion_Romanovic
Sujoy
crod
LMFS
Airbornewolf
ludovicense
diabetus
wilhelm
Boshoed
Arrow
VARGR198
Odin of Ossetia
Broski
ArgentinaGuard
par far
pavi
kvs
GarryB
Hole
JohninMK
mavaff
Mir
SeigSoloyvov
Urluber
Hinex1988
RTN
ALAMO
lancelot
lyle6
TMA1
Scorpius
mnztr
mnrck
Krepost
Big_Gazza
Erk
Serberus
PhSt
Werewolf
ucmvulcan
ATLASCUB
nomadski
Firebird
Regular
Azi
littlerabbit
franco
sepheronx
Isos
Eugenio Argentina
PapaDragon
Podlodka77
Belisarius
limb
Arkanghelsk
Hannibal Barca
Dr.Snufflebug
flamming_python
Stealthflanker
d_taddei2
zorobabel
80 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 Empty Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

Post  zorobabel Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:11 pm

Russian forces are apparently coming under increasing pressure in the city of Kherson as Ukrainian counter-attacks make progress in Kherson Oblast.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 FQVh_ExXwAMN3oz?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

Post  d_taddei2 Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:11 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:
    Of Ur comments is also based on assumptions lol!  I can only go on what I read in articles. The condition we really don't know. And in my other comments I did say IF Russia wanted to not that they definitely will.
    Now that Russia has stated that the ship is buoyant and fire localised most likely means if can be repaired which they probably will do until a new replacement for the class. However if Russia captures the ship intact then if Brazil still wants it (they did in 2018) they could still sell it, would save Novorussia the hassle of scrapping it, that's if USA allows Brazil to buy it lol! Maybe they could sell it to Iran or North Korea just to piss USA off. Me personally I would rather see a new class replacement.

That is both true and not true my friend Very Happy
    Here is what is based on my knowledge.
    I have worked in repair shipyards few years.
    Sure it was almost 30 years ago, still, I remember how a ship that is 30 y/o look like Laughing
    And I mean a ship that was in operation, so a technical team worked on it 24/7. And it worked, more or less Laughing Laughing
    How an unmaintained hulk looks after 30 years, I can imagine only - but that won't be a nice pic... Laughing
    I remember that technology. We've made ships for them, the supply chain was more or less the same, it lasted till the late 90s.  
    Rubber is the first that is gone. All sealings are dead.
    Cable covers are cracked, most of them lost the color already - so you know shit how to connect that. All is grey Laughing Laughing The only solution is to rip that all out.
    If the engine was operational - that is fully filled with lubricants etc - it still means nothing. Oils stored for so long gets corrosive, so the engine is gone either.
    Engine, the shafts, steering, hydraulics - all that is ready to be cut with plasma torch.
    But you need to be really careful, it can just explode. Because if the engine is still sealed, there are gases inside. Coming from oxidation of metal parts.
    But don't you worry, the chance for a sealed engine and aggregates is zero.
    So that is my assumption - this is a scrap metal.
    We can bet! welcome

Ukraine as stated were spending money to maintain it. I highly doubt Russia back in 2011 would have wanted something that was useless. And again Brazil in 2018 wanting they would have never shown interest if a 30yrs old vessel was crap. As stated u have t seen the condition and Ur making assumptions that the money Ukraine spent in wasn't actually spent on Instead put in some assholes pocket, it's all plausible but an assumption. Ukraine stated $30 million to get it back up an running. 95% complete. Now they could be talking garbage, but then again it's the ONLY information we both know. If a ship had been left for 30yrs totally left to rot then maybe, but Ukraine was complaining of costs to maintain it.

As previously stated we don't know an assumption is just that nothing more.

I doubt Russia would take it back into service considering it seems the ship didn't sink but is still buoyant. And a new class on the way would make sense. But it doesn't mean that the ship is useless for another country. We have seen countries using older ships than this recommissioned and put back into service. Once the main hull is checked overhauled and repaired it can last decades.

In fact a testament to old ships still in military service is the Soviet kommuna (repurposed from original use) laid down in 1912 finished in 1915 and still serves the Russian navy to this day. I would imagine it's the oldest military vessel still in an active role in the world (I could be wrong) I know some navies keep some old ceremonial ships in service but they aren't in active service Kommuna is. Believe it's in Sevastopol.

GunshipDemocracy and Eugenio Argentina like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

Post  Stealthflanker Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:14 pm

zorobabel wrote:Russian forces are apparently coming under increasing pressure in the city of Kherson as Ukrainian counter-attacks make progress in Kherson Oblast.

yes. They cannot half assed this. Especially not after Bucha and Kramatorsk.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:17 pm

zorobabel wrote:Russian forces are apparently coming under increasing pressure in the city of Kherson as Ukrainian counter-attacks make progress in Kherson Oblast.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 FQVh_ExXwAMN3oz?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

They aren't, more British bullshit

Russia made some minor advances over the past few days. But they're not attempting at breaking through

Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, VARGR198 and lancelot like this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:18 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:

Maybe someone with insight into the Kremlin can explain how 80k Russian soldiers are supposed to defeat 500k Ukrainian soldiers, marines, militia, and civil defense fighters.

sundoesntrise likes this post

Eugenio Argentina dislikes this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:18 pm

flamming_python wrote:

They aren't, more British bullshit

Russia made some minor advances over the past few days. But they're not attempting at breaking through
    Hope so. Posted from a RUS war account (but I think you are probably right about the original source).
    Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:23 pm

This Joni of the West or whatever he calls himself can't even spell Mykolaiv/Nikolaev correctly, and thinks there are "BTGs" on "high alert" in Pridnestrovie... Seriously.

Russia has around 1000 guys there, with half tied to the JCC (peacekeepers chilling as per the 1992 agreement), and the second half just guarding the Cobasna depot.

It is not a fighting force, even less a "BTG", let alone two...

Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug on Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

sepheronx, Big_Gazza, zorobabel and Hole like this post

Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:23 pm

Many childish errors.
    Not going against Zhelenski the biggest of them all.
    Moskva is just the light that clears up the dust.
    I do agree with the people suggesting nuclear strikes....
    I mean someone needs to check if those aged nukes are still functional, because I very much doubt it.
    A quite and organized change of leadership should also take place the next couple of years.

Save whatever can be saved in Ukraine, hide behind nukes and keep central Asia stable hoping China will take the game is all Russia can hope for. Making a deal for 100 million Chinese refuges wouldn't be a bad idea either, not that they would.
    At least I give to Putin that prepared the economy, it is a start.

sundoesntrise likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:24 pm

The only way a smaller force can beat a larger one , is massive bombardment

If you send in 80k guys against 200k , you need to bombard the area prior

It's a simple concept

If you send those 80k against 200k and hit some logistics , but don't do anything to the manpower

It's going to be a bloodbath

That is the point of force multiplier which Russia has but does not use

You hit the whole area and when guys go in, they are facing a shocked and disoriented enemy

If you send them against enemy which is without some fuel, but we'll entrenched, your going to cause bloodbath

PapaDragon, zorobabel and sundoesntrise like this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:25 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:

This Joni of the West or whatever he calls himself can't even spell Mykolaiv/Nikolaev correctly, and thinks there are "BTGs" on "high alert" in Pridnestrovie... Seriously.

Russia has around 1000 guys there, with half tied to the JCC (peacekeepers chilling as per the 1992 agreement), and the second half just guarding the Cobasna depot.

It is not a fighting force, even less a "BTG", let alone two...
    Good, sorry for sharing fake news. It was posted by Geroman on Twitter.

Maaf.
    limb

Post  limb Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:26 pm

Bottom line is that there should be a stalinesque purge of the Russian navy leadership since they're so incompetent to lose their high value cruiser.

**** your anticommunism. This is what happens to the Russian military when it's capitalist.

flamming_python, jon_deluxe, sundoesntrise and Arkanghelsk like this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:27 pm

🇷🇺🇺🇦⚡The city of Alyosha of the Kherson region has come under control of Russian administration - the mayor of the city Yevgeny Tyschuk
    https://t.me/intelslava/25239

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Eugenio Argentina, Hole and Mir like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:28 pm

I am the man who loves submarines the most, and therefore the Russian Navy, and I hate myself for announcing that "Moscow" has sunk.

And something else..How would this be shown in Ukraine, a total of about 700+ operational tanks Challenger-2, Leopard-2 and Leklerk? Germany, France and the UK have so much in common. More or less the same as these T-72 and T-80 or Ukrainian T-64, i think.
    Yes, the Russians allowed themselves too much and today they took a bitter pill. This is a shock primarily for the morale of the navy, but in the short term, because the Russians will go beyond that.

I am not defending the Russians, but the West is not on the ground and in the war, at least not with its crews and weapons. It's easy to fart on the internet. The very concept of the cruisers of the 1164 project did not allow for any major modernization, at least not the possibility of installing UKSK. Air defense is another story. However, this is not the case with the 1144 project.
    Whether it is better to have 4 or 5 frigates of project 22350 or one Nahimov, does not matter, because Nahimov will surely BE the ONE who will raise the morale of the fleet. This very ship, Nahimov.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 Epppur10

GunshipDemocracy likes this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:34 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:Many childish errors.
    I mean someone needs to check if those aged nukes are still functional, because I very much doubt it.
    A quite and organized change of leadership should also take place the next couple of years.

Save whatever can be saved in Ukraine, hide behind nukes and keep central Asia stable hoping China will take the game is all Russia can hope for. Making a deal for 100 million Chinese refuges wouldn't be a bad idea either, not that they would.
    Russian nukes should fare better than the solid-propellant SRBMs, since they are fueled by liquid propellant. Though for sure, they should be constantly tested. I am guessing there is some kind of treaty that prevents the testing of liquid-fueled ICBMs.

Putin did prepare the economy, agreed.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:35 pm

zorobabel wrote:...Maybe someone with insight into the Kremlin can explain how 80k Russian soldiers are supposed to defeat 500k Ukrainian soldiers, marines, militia, and civil defense fighters.

Bombs

Lots and lots of bombs

But they need to start using them

lancelot and Arkanghelsk like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:38 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:Many childish errors.

I don't seem to be the only one who's angry. And there will be nuclear strikes, if the West thinks that it could influence the defeat of Russia. And that's it, it's a shame we don't have the technology to go to a safer planet. And there is no planet we know to support the conditions for our survival.
    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:40 pm

Belisarius wrote:The loss of Moskva will change the course of the conflict as much as the loss of HMS Sheffield...

In reality, this sinking did not greatly affect the development of the Malvinas War.
    Little more than a month later, the British occupied Puerto Argentino.

Big_Gazza and Mir like this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:40 pm

zorobabel wrote:
    Stealthflanker wrote:

Maybe someone with insight into the Kremlin can explain how 80k Russian soldiers are supposed to defeat 500k Ukrainian soldiers, marines, militia, and civil defense fighters.

Using intelligence.
    As Alexander defeated the Persians at Gaugamela.

russia
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:43 pm

Nukes don't have to be used, it's foolish to have our country destroyed and all of us killed

Because stupid MOD and stupid Putin, yes let's call it for what it is

Don't bomb the VSU adequately and clear Odessa of these assholes

Instead they say, hey look it's a mine ! Asshole, go fucking bomb the one doing the mining

Oh look VSU is there. Asshole bomb those fucking VSU

Oh look helicopters are close to belgorod, asshole bomb the fucking helicopters

Oh look zelu has announced general mobilization and sends reinforcements, assholes, bomb zelensky and chop the head off

So here we are talking about nukes, because noone admits what fucking imbeciles are running this shit show

PapaDragon likes this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:44 pm

If someone thinks that after "Moscow", the Americans in the Mediterranean have no respect for "Varyag" and "Marshal Ustinov", he is a fool.

sepheronx, Big_Gazza and Hole like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:45 pm

They need a big wave of sukhois to attack simultaneously key targets. Use drones to distract AD and kh-31 cover at night.
    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:46 pm

The forum has already been filled with messages that do not contribute anything.
    It would be better not to write anything without having some proof.
    Otherwise, it ends up becoming a dump, where some interested in muddying the court with their lies come.

russia

sepheronx, d_taddei2, par far, Big_Gazza, zepia, Mir and Podlodka77 like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:49 pm

Lots of strikes in Kiev, power partially out there

Something huge burning in Zhitomir, looks like another fuel depot

And the Ukrs have set something ablaze in Belgorod too

Looks like phase 2 of the operation has started

Or should I say plan C. As it looks like their plans for the Donbass have been rendered meaningless by the Moskva sinking and Kiev trying to call their bluff about striking Russian territory

Wonder if we'll get a landing in Odessa, new advance on Kiev from Belarus, encirclement of Nikolayev now

Last edited by flamming_python on Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

PapaDragon and zorobabel like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:49 pm

Eugenio Argentina wrote:The forum has already been filled with messages that do not contribute anything.
    It would be better not to write anything without having some proof.
    Otherwise, it ends up becoming a dump, where some interested in muddying the court with their lies come.

russia

Thank you.

We still don't know what's going on. Remember people, they claimed to have sunk it but it apparently also went back to Port on its own accord as per the pentagon.

A lot of fud is spread here. Let's use more logic than emotions. I know, it's heart breaking but let's stick to facts and wait for end result.

par far and Eugenio Argentina like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:52 pm

flamming_python wrote:Lots of strikes in Kiev, power partially out there

Something huge burning in Zhitomir, looks like another fuel depot

And the Ukrs have set something ablaze in Belgorod too

Looks like phase 2 of the operation has started

Or should I say plan C. As it looks like their plans for the Donbass have been rendered meaningless by the Moskva sinking and Kiev trying to call their bluff about striking Russian territory

Wonder if we'll get a landing in Odessa, new advance on Kiev from Belarus, encirclement of Nikolayev now

**** yeah it's bout time , shame it took all this to get it on

Really hope we didn't lose Moskva for kramatorsk and slavyansk only

We need the whole pie now, zelu head on a platter

Big_Gazza and PapaDragon like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:41 pm