Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+56
Daniel_Admassu
SeigSoloyvov
slasher
tomazy
jaguar_br
tipex12
mack8
PhSt
Makarov420
x_54_u43
Scorpius
lyle6
hoom
zepia
higurashihougi
Finty
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Atmosphere
JohninMK
flamming_python
mnztr
littlerabbit
Broski
Hole
kvs
marcellogo
owais.usmani
Lurk83
RTN
Big_Gazza
Cheetah
Tingsay
TMA1
GunshipDemocracy
ALAMO
medo
Dima
Mindstorm
tanino
GarryB
Backman
Gomig-21
thegopnik
Kiko
limb
AMCXXL
Arrow
dino00
George1
Isos
PapaDragon
LMFS
Mir
miketheterrible
Russian_Patriot_
Rasisuki Nebia
60 posters

New combat aircraft will be presented at MAKS-2021

Backman
    Backman

New combat aircraft will be presented at MAKS-2021 - Page 40 Empty Re: New combat aircraft will be presented at MAKS-2021

Post  Backman Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:01 am

Emirati delegation visiting the #Checkmate

New combat aircraft will be presented at MAKS-2021 - Page 40 E65S_SmXIAUW-ys?format=jpg&name=large

New combat aircraft will be presented at MAKS-2021 - Page 40 E65TWuuWEAUT032?format=jpg&name=medium

dino00, Big_Gazza, Manov, Gomig-21, lyle6, Russian_Patriot_ and Broski like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

New combat aircraft will be presented at MAKS-2021 - Page 40 Empty Re: New combat aircraft will be presented at MAKS-2021

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:56 pm

Want Checkmate?

Need cheque book.

Laughing

PapaDragon, Hole, lyle6 and Mir like this post

Atmosphere
    Atmosphere

Post  Atmosphere Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:55 pm

There is absolutely no reason for them to have such long side weapon bays unless they are made to fit zn R-77M each.

Which is why i'm rooting for the fact that they could infact house such a missile.
    So it can quite probably carry 5 R-77m's total.

GarryB, xeno, Big_Gazza, Manov and PapaDragon like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:32 pm

They look large enough to hold a KAB-250. Question is, could they drop them from there???
    marcellogo
    marcellogo

Post  marcellogo Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:06 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:Want Checkmate?

Need cheque book.

Laughing

So, it was not Checkmate as a translation of Shah-mat but Check- Mate in the sense of Cheque-friend? What a Face

Being there I will drop the bomb.

Are it possible that the vigorous 8G turning means SUSTAINED turning at 8G? pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat

Big_Gazza, PapaDragon and hoom like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:02 pm

Hole wrote:They look large enough to hold a KAB-250. Question is, could they drop them from there???

Not likely, it's for AA missiles

Bombs go in the back

Big_Gazza likes this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:13 pm

Atmosphere wrote:There is absolutely no reason for them to have such long side weapon bays unless they are made to fit zn R-77M each.

Which is why i'm rooting for the fact that they could infact house such a missile.
    So it can quite probably carry 5 R-77m's total.

In fact it seems every bit as long as the main bay. The side bays being capable both short and medium range AAM would allow the plane to carry a serious strike package and defend itself very capably. Maybe there are even longer range MRAAM with longer fuselages in development capable of using better the 4.2 m available in the ventral bays and the side ones were grown to that size too... there are many good options, specially when the plane has big bays thumbsup

marcellogo wrote:Are it possible that the vigorous 8G turning means SUSTAINED turning at 8G? pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat

The MiG-29 can already sustain 9 g...

Atmosphere likes this post

marcellogo
    marcellogo

Post  marcellogo Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:54 am

LMFS wrote:

marcellogo wrote:Are it possible that the vigorous 8G turning means SUSTAINED turning at 8G? pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat

Sustained here is to be intended in opposition to Istantaneous turning rate, meaning it can turn at such without losing speed and energy i.e. an excellent performance.
    TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:13 am

marcellogo wrote:
    LMFS wrote:

Sustained here is to be intended in opposition to Istantaneous turning rate, meaning it can turn at such without losing speed and energy i.e. an excellent performance.

I think this fighter is based on a new fighter paradign/ideology. It is an omnirole fighter that seems to favor the strike fighter role. Not sure if I am right on this. But it seems like that to me. On the 8g limit I've heard others much more knowledgeable than me discuss it and I am still a bit confused as to what it exactly means.

New combat aircraft will be presented at MAKS-2021 - Page 40 Lhfzmq11

Also in this pic do you guys think there is some kind of display ordinance  being shown inside? Maybe groms?

Edit: had to add my idea of what the display ordinance might be.
    Atmosphere
    Atmosphere

Post  Atmosphere Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:01 am

The white one is a Grom.
    The other is a Kh-58UShKe i think. I can't clearly see.
    New combat aircraft will be presented at MAKS-2021 - Page 40 Images14

dino00, Big_Gazza and TMA1 like this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:59 am

Atmosphere wrote:The white one is a Grom.
    New combat aircraft will be presented at MAKS-2021 - Page 40 Images14

Good eye! Damn this single engine fighter can carry two missiles and also carry things like grom, kh 58, kh 69 and many other awesome weapons. I think it could certainly even fit two r 37m long range missiles in its belly weapons bay. They essentially fitted a modified single weapons bay of the su 57 in it! Sukhoi has got some amazing and practical minds.

dino00 and Big_Gazza like this post

RTN
    RTN

Post  RTN Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:11 am

If the Russian Air Force starts to place large scale order for The Checkmate then it means hardly any Mig 35s and Su 30SM will be purchased.

So in the long term, RuAF will eventually settle for Su-34, Su 35, PAK-FA and Checkmate along with the S-70 Okhotnik-B in a Loyal Wingman role.

TMA1 likes this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:37 am

RTN wrote:If the Russian Air Force starts to place large scale order for The Checkmate then it means hardly any Mig 35s and Su 30SM will be purchased.

So in the long term, RuAF will eventually settle for Su-34, Su 35, PAK-FA and Checkmate along with the S-70 Okhotnik-B in a Loyal Wingman role.

Most if not all Su-30SM will be modernized to Su-30SM2 (Su-35) standard but I do think you're right about Mig-35's. The Checkmate is not a done deal for the Air Forces of the RF, but I see no reason why they wouldn't buy it in significant numbers yes.

TMA1 likes this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:00 am

Checkmate is supposed to be ready after 2027.

By then su-30/35 will not be produced anymore. They will have only su-57 in production.

Mig-35 isn't sure at all. It's been a long time it is tested by the air force now and no signs they will buy it. Price should be the main concern since for the same money you can just get a su-35. Only if the exploitation costs are very low it has its chances. But I doubt.

TMA1 likes this post

Mindstorm

Post  Mindstorm Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:46 am

LMFS wrote:In fact it seems every bit as long as the main bay. The side bays being capable both short and medium range AAM would allow the plane to carry a serious strike package and defend itself very capably. Maybe there are even longer range MRAAM with longer fuselages in development capable of using better the 4.2 m available in the ventral bays and the side ones were grown to that size too... there are many good options, specially when the plane has big bays thumbsup

Ventral bay, in high contested air space against western type air forces, will probably host two изделие 610M or much more probably two изделие 810 because those missiles will allow not only to "punish" enemy aircraft attempting and/or capable to run away to avoid short range combat (where will be in terrible disadvantage) but also, avoiding completely initially the enemy air superiority group and destroy AWACS or tankers well behind the enemy OCA lines.

No western built aircraft can do the same for inescapable volumetric limits of theirs internal bay.

The combined effect of:

1) Higher cruising altitude/speed of flight.
    2) Superior maneuvrability in anti-missile defence, particularly at high altitude.
    3) Wider angle of coverage of the radar complex ,distributed around the whole hull ,allowing to provide information update to launched missiles while proceeding in missile-evading direction
    4) Much greater kinematic characteristics of on board missiles (particularly for изделие 810)

will allow ЛТС and even more Су-57 squadrons to adopt widely detached formations forcing the enemy aircraft ,in significative kinematic and maneuver limits disadvantage, to waste quickly theirs load of medium range missiles only to avoid to lose from the beginning the initiative and the positional battle, all of that while in the mean time selecting the missile-delivering enemy aircraft to be attacked from the most advantageous geometrical position with изделие 610M or изделие 810.

After this first phase of long range sniping, capitalizing the opponent's kinematic limits, the enemy air formation will show big coverage's holes that will be used to quickly proceed at close range where surviving enemy units will be destroyed.

Practically domestic philosophy of air superiority and air interdiction combat almost do not include a medium range clash, at least not in the western meaning of the term, but instead a first long range attrition phase followed by a very rapid transition to close combat allowed by the positional advantage that domestic design progressively gain in the first phase.

Also new medium range air to air missile products near to introduction will boast enegagement ranges signicatively superior to theirs western counter parts in observance to what previously exposed.

dino00, magnumcromagnon, zepia, x_54_u43, PeeD, AMCXXL, LMFS and like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:47 pm

marcellogo wrote:Sustained here is to be intended in opposition to Istantaneous turning rate, meaning it can turn at such without losing speed and energy i.e. an excellent performance.

Yes, I understood it so. The propulsion in the MiG-29 is already capable of keeping the plane turning at 9 g, F-16 is probably capable too, I would need to check. 4G fighters were very compact and capable in terms of excess power

TMA1 wrote:I think this fighter is based on a new fighter paradign/ideology. It is an omnirole fighter that seems to favor the strike fighter role. Not sure if I am right on this. But it seems like that to me. On the 8g limit I've heard others much more knowledgeable than me discuss it and I am still a bit confused as to what it exactly means.

Well it is indeed the first single engine, "light" fighter with decent cross sectional area / supersonic / A2A performance and still capable of carrying fully sized A2G ordnance. Even beyond that, to carry both that strike weapons and at the same time the AAM loadout needed to defend itself, all in stealth mode and cheap as dirt. The 8 g limit is probably (IMHO) due to the very restrictive empty weight limits posed by both the very big necessary internal volume and the limited propulsion options of the export version. I don't expect that to be the case for the VKS.

Atmosphere wrote:The white one is a Grom.

Yes, exactly. But in the end it is not so relevant which is the concrete missile displayed, all those new types have been designed with the same rough size 4.2 x 0.4 x 0.4 m and folding fins to optimally use the bays in the Su-57.
    New combat aircraft will be presented at MAKS-2021 - Page 40 2021-011

TMA1 wrote:Good eye! Damn this single engine fighter can carry two missiles and also carry things like grom, kh 58, kh 69 and many other awesome weapons. I think it could certainly even fit two r 37m long range missiles in its belly weapons bay. They essentially fitted a modified single weapons bay of the su 57 in it! Sukhoi has got some amazing and practical minds.

R-37M are not devised for internal carriage, but there is a long range AAM in development for that, to be used in the Su-57 too (izd. 810). You can bet Sukhoi has amazing conceptual capacity, today I see them clearly ahead of the rest of designers, globally.

RTN wrote:If the Russian Air Force starts to place large scale order for The Checkmate then it means hardly any Mig 35s and Su 30SM will be purchased.

That is likely so, at least in the beginning. Then Su-34 and 35 will start being replaced too, the Su-57/S-70/LTS combo fulfils all their roles, only cheaper and with more tactical freedom.

TMA1 likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:20 pm