Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+97
Podlodka77
calripson
Scorpius
Mir
TMA1
jhelb
lyle6
Arrow
Maximmmm
ALAMO
lancelot
mnztr
LMFS
PhSt
SeigSoloyvov
Rodion_Romanovic
Hole
Cyberspec
verkhoturye51
Tsavo Lion
ScotchedEarth
Firebird
The-thing-next-door
Zaits
miketheterrible
AlfaT8
kvs
George1
Rmf
whir
Kimppis
franco
Godric
Khepesh
KiloGolf
wilhelm
Acheron
cracker
andalusia
x_54_u43
Svyatoslavich
par far
SturmGuard
NationalRus
Odin of Ossetia
Cyrus the great
KoTeMoRe
OminousSpudd
Project Canada
Nikander
BTRfan
jka
Book.
warcraftee
zg18
bmtppk
victor1985
marcinko
PapaDragon
Rodinazombie
Karl Haushofer
medo
Vann7
ExBeobachter1987
Neutrality
Walther von Oldenburg
GunshipDemocracy
AirCargo
Big_Gazza
max steel
KomissarBojanchev
Morpheus Eberhardt
fredleander
Hannibal Barca
Mike E
higurashihougi
flamming_python
TR1
Airbornewolf
magnumcromagnon
Austin
collegeboy16
TheArmenian
As Sa'iqa
Werewolf
Stealthflanker
macedonian
Regular
Deep Throat
SOC
solo.13mmfmj
GarryB
Pervius
nightcrawler
Admin
Viktor
sepheronx
101 posters

Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia

Kimppis
    Kimppis

Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia - Page 16 Empty Re: Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia

Post  Kimppis Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:37 am

This is a great example of those "half-truths" (at best) that the western media keeps telling about Russia. It's also absolutely true that the Soviets knew more about the West during the cold war than what the Westerners know about Russia today.

My hope is that they simply can't keep lying forever. The truth will come out eventually, probably by the early 2030s at the latest. The spin will obviously continue, but nothing else needs to be done. Russia didn't collapse, quite the opposite, Putin is still viewed as one of the greatest Russian leaders of all time (having retired in 2024), by the Russian people obviously, not by the western MSM lol,  and the country kept developing and it obviously never became the totalitarian hellhole, that was the media's narrative on Russia by the 2010s. "B-b-b-but the media told me..."

EDIT: Also, I noticed that atleast on certain Finnish medias, the contents of the actual articles were not terribly misleading... After all, there was no way to exaggerate this whole issue to some absolutely ridiculous proportions, like with the "gay propaganda law". Even TASS is using this kind of headline: http://tass.com/politics/927623

The problem is the overall context... the overall narrative on Russia in the western MSM. Only reporting things from a negative and or "pro-western"/liberal/anti-Putin POV, reporting only about negative aspects in general, conspiracy theories/everything is Russia's "hybrid warfare", using outdated statistics, atleast from 10 years ago, or even from the late 90s or early 2000s... And this is part of it.

As KVS said, in this case it's very noticeable how the media never reported on the original bill and this whole thing is kind of a non-story for foreign audiences to begin with, period. This is a domestic matter, nothing dramatic is going on. This is propaganda and media bias 101.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia - Page 16 Empty Re: Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia

Post  PapaDragon Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:21 am

Off Topic

Guys I found this online and it is pure perfection:

This past September, in one of his regular interviews with the newspaper Parlamentní Listy, retired Czech Major General Hynek Blaško commented on the possibility of a conflict between Russia and NATO with a following anecdote:

“I have seen a popular joke on the Internet about Obama and his generals in the Pentagon debating on the best timing to attack Russia. They couldn’t come to any agreement, so they decided to ask their allies.

The French said: ” We do not know, but certainly not in the winter. This will end badly. ”

The Germans responded: “We do not know, either, but definitely not in a summer. We have already tried.”

Someone in Obama’s war room had a brilliant idea to ask China, on the basis that China is developing and always has new ideas.

The Chinese answered:

“The best time for this is right now. Russia is building the Power of Siberia pipeline, the North Stream Pipeline, Vostochny Cosmodrome Spaceport, the MegaProject bridge to Crimea; also Russian is upgrading the Trans-Siberian railroad with a new railway bridge across Lena River and the Amur-Yakutsk Mainline. Russia is also building new sports facilities for the World Cup and athletics, and has in development over 150 production projects in the Arctic … Well, now they really need as many POWs as possible!”

lol1 lol1 lol1

http://www.globalresearch.ca/what-does-russia-produce-made-in-russia/5576616
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:39 pm

PapaDragon wrote:Off Topic

This past September, in one of his regular interviews with the newspaper Parlamentní Listy, retired Czech Major General Hynek Blaško commented on the possibility of a conflict between Russia and NATO with a following anecdote:

“I have seen a popular joke on the Internet about Obama and his generals in the Pentagon debating on the best timing to attack Russia. They couldn’t come to any agreement, so they decided to ask their allies.

The French said: ” We do not know, but certainly not in the winter. This will end badly. ”

The Germans responded: “We do not know, either, but definitely not in a summer. We have already tried.”

Someone in Obama’s war room had a brilliant idea to ask China, on the basis that China is developing and always has new ideas.

The Chinese answered:

“The best time for this is right now. Russia is building the Power of Siberia pipeline, the North Stream Pipeline, Vostochny Cosmodrome Spaceport, the MegaProject bridge to Crimea; also Russian is upgrading the Trans-Siberian railroad with a new railway bridge across Lena River and the Amur-Yakutsk Mainline. Russia is also building new sports facilities for the World Cup and athletics, and has in development over 150 production projects in the Arctic … Well, now they really need as many POWs as possible!”

lol1 lol1 lol1

I'm stealing this. And also want you to know this is Coldwar joke retcon (this joke was formerly said about Cuba in the 80's).
    Austin

Post  Austin Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:12 pm

Not an economic question but related to coverage of Russia in US media

I find US CNN extremely hostile towards Russia , was watching GPS hosted by Fareed Zakaria and he was exteremely gleeful that new NSA was anti-Russian guy unlike past , many anchor like Ammanpour and others on CNN has very hostile attitude towards Russia. CNN seems very less hostile towards China and I realised during height of Syrian Conflict they did not conver the news that even China has vetoed anti-Syrian resolution in UNSC but was bombastic about Russia doing the same.

On the other hand I find Fox news to be less hostile towards russia , Unfortunately we dont get Fox in India but get CNN International here , So have to watch fox on internet.

Any reason why CNN media which unfortunately has wider global coverage is exteremly hostile towards Russia and how can RT and other channel beat it
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:44 pm

Austin wrote:Not an economic question but related to coverage of Russia in US media

I find US CNN extremely hostile towards Russia , was watching GPS hosted by Fareed Zakaria and he was exteremely gleeful that new NSA was anti-Russian guy unlike past , many anchor like Ammanpour and others on CNN has very hostile attitude towards Russia.  CNN seems very less hostile towards China and I realised during height of Syrian Conflict they did not conver the news that even China has vetoed anti-Syrian resolution in UNSC but was bombastic about Russia doing the same.

On the other hand I find Fox news to be less hostile towards russia , Unfortunately we dont get Fox in India but get CNN International here , So have to watch fox on internet.

Any reason why CNN media which unfortunately has wider global coverage is exteremly hostile towards Russia and how can RT and other channel beat it

Fox is closely aligned with the Republican Party view point.
    CNN is jokingly referred to as Corporate News Network (or even the Clinton News Network but that would be just the flavor of the moment). CNN is unfortunately the media outlet of those in America who attempt to run the USA first, secondly the Western World and thirdly the rest of the World.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:54 pm

Austin wrote:Not an economic question but related to coverage of Russia in US media

I find US CNN extremely hostile towards Russia , was watching GPS hosted by Fareed Zakaria and he was exteremely gleeful that new NSA was anti-Russian guy unlike past , many anchor like Ammanpour and others on CNN has very hostile attitude towards Russia.  CNN seems very less hostile towards China and I realised during height of Syrian Conflict they did not conver the news that even China has vetoed anti-Syrian resolution in UNSC but was bombastic about Russia doing the same.

The NATO mass media is giving China a pass on a wide spectrum of issues while faking up stories about how bad Russia is.
    Like the fake news about the anti-homosexual law during the Sochi Olympics. There was no such law and gays were not
    arrested for kissing in public. It was a law designed to keep pedophile queers away from schools. They would actually
    solicit children at the school gates and this "freedom" had to be stopped. Recently we had the utter nonsense fake
    news about the "wife beating law". As explained elsewhere it was a change from pure criminal (murder) law to more
    civil law which would actually get a more police intervention and would not send people to hard time for initial offenses.
    Nowhere in this revision of the previous draconian approach is there a sanction for wife beating.

The NATO mass media never reports that homosexuals are stoned to death in Islamic states that the US supports (e.g. Saudi Arabia)
    and at one stage the media was making it seem like Saudi Arabia was a democracy compared to Russia. CNN is the mouthpiece
    of the US elites and their NATO associates. Amanpour is a foaming at the mouth hater of Orthodox Slavs was made clear by her
    brazenly biased coverage of the Yugoslavia breakup wars. Zakaria is a loyal CNN bootlick whose job is not to report news
    and give objective analysis, but to peddle hate propaganda. Truly the US mass media is fake news.

How to beat this? There is no way. Americans will have to wake up and smell the coffee by themselves. A lot of them
    are doing this but not enough. All the leftists lap this shit from Zakaria and Amanpour up like honey. They are a lost cause
    and their only cure is nuclear incineration. These people are seriously brain damaged when they agitate for war in the name
    of humanitarian causes and some of their so-called feminists praise Sharia law.
    Austin

Post  Austin Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:27 pm

kvs wrote:

The NATO mass media is giving China a pass on a wide spectrum of issues while faking up stories about how bad Russia is.
    Like the fake news about the anti-homosexual law during the Sochi Olympics.   There was no such law and gays were not
    arrested for kissing in public.  It was a law designed to keep pedophile queers away from schools.   They would actually
    solicit children at the school gates and this "freedom" had to be stopped.    Recently we had the utter nonsense fake
    news about the "wife beating law".   As explained elsewhere it was a change from pure criminal (murder) law to more
    civil law which would actually get a more police intervention and would not send people to hard time for initial offenses.
    Nowhere in this revision of the previous draconian approach is there a sanction for wife beating.  

The NATO mass media never reports that homosexuals are stoned to death in Islamic states that the US supports (e.g. Saudi Arabia)
    and at one stage the media was making it seem like Saudi Arabia was a democracy compared to Russia.  CNN is the mouthpiece
    of the US elites and their NATO associates.   Amanpour is a foaming at the mouth hater of Orthodox Slavs was made clear by her
    brazenly biased coverage of the Yugoslavia breakup wars.   Zakaria is a loyal CNN bootlick whose job is not to report news
    and give objective analysis, but to peddle hate propaganda.   Truly the US mass media is fake news.  

How to beat this?   There is no way.   Americans will have to wake up and smell the coffee by themselves.   A lot of them
    are doing this but not enough.   All the leftists lap this shit from Zakaria and Amanpour up like honey.   They are a lost cause
    and their only cure is nuclear incineration.   These people are seriously brain damaged when they agitate for war in the name
    of humanitarian causes and some of their so-called feminists praise Sharia law.  

Agreed I have seen CNN ever criticised Gulf Nation for Homosexuality where it is punishable by death.

Even the pussy riot thing was widely covered , Dare Any western media support any women dancing in a Mosque punishable by death.

I just hope CNN gets as much as bad publicity if nothing else then atleast Trump calling them Fake News , Hope the Russian authorities ban CNN Russia calling them Fake News ......nothing worse than bad publicity for these media and spoil their reputation

franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:14 pm

Of course Fox has it's own problems getting the news straight... Suspect poor Americans! No

https://sputniknews.com/world/201702261051058574-fox-news-sweden-nils-bildt/
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:30 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:Off Topic

The Chinese answered:

lol1 lol1 lol1

I'm stealing this. And also want you to know this is Coldwar joke retcon (this joke was formerly said about Cuba in the 80's).

me as well Smile
    Rmf
    Rmf

Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia - Page 16 Empty Russophobia

Post  Rmf Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:08 pm

Last edited by Rmf on Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia - Page 16 Empty Serbian and Other Foreign Workers Ripped off at Sochi

Post  Odin of Ossetia Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:03 pm

Serbian and Other Foreign Workers Ripped off at Sochi

http://www.millennialinflux.com/sochi-a-cold-reality-for-migrant-workers/

http://slavorum.org/forum/discussion/comment/94231/

If these were the most expensive Olympics ever, where did all the money go?

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:08 pm

Odin of Ossetia wrote:

I can tell you right now: "employment agencies" here in Serbia. Classic local ripoff.
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:14 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Odin of Ossetia wrote:

I can tell you right now: "employment agencies" here in Serbia. Classic local ripoff.

Perhaps the employment agencies are also to blame, but it is the Russians who are employers.

It appears things have not changed for the better since then:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/inside-vladimir-putins-new-russia-9976578

Russia has currently third highest wealth inequality in the world, with the richest 1% owning 97% of the country's wealth.

Such an extreme disparity cannot last forever.

I cannot grasp how can such a situation be called a "success" or "effective rule."
    Svyatoslavich

Post  Svyatoslavich Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:32 am

Odin of Ossetia wrote:
    Didn't you know? It went directly to Putin's pocket, the richest man in the world, with assets worth 934029480123948103 quatrizibillion dollars.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:39 am

Of course.. Putin invited foreign workers personally for the specific purpose of ripping them off so no eligible Russian voters could get screwed and might cost him a vote.

If you are going to post bullshit from shit sources in the UK at least put warnings that reading that crap will lower your IQ.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:20 am

The usual NATO propaganda about Russian "corruption".

Yo, f*ckwits who worship NATO's fake news MSM:

1) The Sochi Olympics cost $9 billion.

2) The $54 billion figure your precious MSM claims was spent on the Olympics actually mostly went into massive infrastructure
    projects. Highways through long mountain tunnels that no longer have to zig zag up slopes like primitive logging roads. New
    railway lines through mountain tunnels. Massive improvement in road and utilities in the Sochi region.

3) You can see the effect of these investments using Google Earth. In particular, you can see all the new hotel and other
    development stretching along the Black Sea coast all the way to Abkhazia. Note the discontinuity at the border. If
    you go back 15 years there was almost no difference between one side of the border and other.

4) The London Olympics was not associated with massive investment in infrastructure but the cost was 9 billion pounds
    or about $15 billion dollars.

The Wikipedia page is utterly full of shit for claiming that infrastructure investment in Russia's Riviera on the Black Sea
    is all for the 2014 winter Olympics. The $54 billion - $9 billion = $45 billion will pay itself off in tax revenues. All that
    tourism (from Russia alone is enough) lasting year round will cover the investments rapidly.

Note that English language searches using Google for Sochi Olympics costs dredge up 100% only the lie about the total
    infrastructure cost being part of the Olympics.

http://www.funsochi.ru/blogs/funsochi/2014/gorod-prizrak

Roza Hutor area is active even during the summer. But NATO's fake news media and its sycophants in Russia were claiming
    it was all dead and empty.

http://www.vedomosti.ru/business/articles/2014/12/10/sochi-gotov-k-lavine-turistov

The first post Olympics tourist season saw over 800,000 visitors and this number is increasing with time. The hotel prices
    are not cheap in Sochi. It is a world class tourist destination.

http://www.so4ibig.ru/olympicsochi.html

So we are looking several billion dollars per year of tourist revenue.

http://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1019328/sochi-2014-posts-5-billion-ruble-profit

The above was found through a forum and not through Google. Sochi Olympics Organizing Committee made a $140 million profit.

http://us-russia.org/2067-why-is-the-west-waging-a-campaign-against-the-sochi-olympics.html

Direct Olympics facilities cost was $7 billion. Security, staffing and other costs make up the difference.

The circle jerk of NATO fake news hit pieces that is dredged up by Google without any alternative information sources
    are so incredibly lame that they can't stand on their own. Any "journalist" who deliberately mixes up a one-time event
    with the development of Russia's prime tourist location has negative credibility. The $45 billion infrastructure investment
    will be recouped in less than 25 years, which is a very reasonable period.

Also, the massive infrastructure development in Sochi was finished on time without massive time over-runs as is typical
    for corruption rotted projects around the world. I know the OP will claim that Sochi was corrupt anyway, but he will
    be full of sh*t as usual. Imposing a time table means imposing a budget. It is vastly harder for the contractors to rip off
    the government if things follow a schedule. There was no evidence of massive over-spending by the government to meet
    timelines as some sort of incentive. You did not see the number of workers on the construction sites increase by several
    times to scramble to finish on time. The classic corruption racket is to delay the project based on various pretexts.
    This automatically increases the money spent on the project.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:32 pm

Ok, this is more of a low hanging fruit, but the ego, just wow. Shocked

Vanity Fair suggests Russians are 'hopeless primitives' from a medieval country

Vanity Fair apparently believes Russians are 'hopeless primitives' who rejected the attempts of smart people to ‘civilize’ them. Specifically folk like Bill Clinton, Boris Yeltsin, and Jeffrey Sachs.

Ignorance is bliss. Don’t take my word for it. Just observe really stupid people. Or read Vanity Fair’s Russia coverage. Which is much the same thing. So far this year the magazine has plumbed new depths of foolish, doltish and half-baked analysis.
    It started in January when it offered us “The Secret Source of Putin’s Evil,” which was supposedly Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s novel The Brothers Karamazov. The drivel continued with fixations on the “Trump-Russia nightmare” and the “Trump-Russia mess". The focus then switched to “Why Russia Loves Trump” before the same writer came back a few weeks later with “Why Even Russia Is Turning on Trump" when the wind obviously hit his posterior from a different direction.

Now, he’s back, and he’s going all feudal on Russian rumps. Because Peter Savodnik wants you to know how democracy could have flowered from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok if only locals had heeded Clinton, Yeltsin, and Sachs. Who we are told had “noble intentions.” However, the problem was “it was probably too much to ask a basically medieval country to become modern in a decade.” So “instead, Russia reverted to its primal self, to Vladimir Putin.” ........

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/385192-medieval-russia-media-vanity-fair/
    kvs
    kvs

Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia - Page 16 Empty Vanity Fair suggests Russians are 'hopeless primitives' from a medieval country

Post  kvs Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:55 pm

AlfaT8 wrote:Ok, this is more of a low hanging fruit, but the ego, just wow. Shocked

Vanity Fair suggests Russians are 'hopeless primitives' from a medieval country

Vanity Fair apparently believes Russians are 'hopeless primitives' who rejected the attempts of smart people to ‘civilize’ them. Specifically folk like Bill Clinton, Boris Yeltsin, and Jeffrey Sachs.

Ignorance is bliss. Don’t take my word for it. Just observe really stupid people. Or read Vanity Fair’s Russia coverage. Which is much the same thing. So far this year the magazine has plumbed new depths of foolish, doltish and half-baked analysis.
    It started in January when it offered us “The Secret Source of Putin’s Evil,” which was supposedly Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s novel The Brothers Karamazov. The drivel continued with fixations on the “Trump-Russia nightmare” and the “Trump-Russia mess". The focus then switched to “Why Russia Loves Trump” before the same writer came back a few weeks later with “Why Even Russia Is Turning on Trump" when the wind obviously hit his posterior from a different direction.

Now, he’s back, and he’s going all feudal on Russian rumps. Because Peter Savodnik wants you to know how democracy could have flowered from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok if only locals had heeded Clinton, Yeltsin, and Sachs. Who we are told had “noble intentions.” However, the problem was “it was probably too much to ask a basically medieval country to become modern in a decade.” So “instead, Russia reverted to its primal self, to Vladimir Putin.” ........

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/385192-medieval-russia-media-vanity-fair/

Such shite just proves the real level of the west. A collection of retarded chimps hurling excrement. At least Russians have developed human intellects
    even if their culture is "primitive". Clearly human intelligence is non-existent in the west.

I recall Sachs trotting out Bolivia as a gem of the success of his shock therapy witchdoctor economics back during the early 1990s.
    Well, look what he "achieved", Russia became poor like Bolivia! The mind boggles.

Economists are not scientists. They are a bizarre academic cult running on variants of voodoo thermodynamics that their
    predecessors formulated during the 1800s when the real thermodynamics was established. In the case of the economics
    variables there is no physical meaning. This allows famous economists to claim for example that we'll make more copper if we ever run
    out of it. Certifiable idiocy.

Sachs and the rest of the Harvard Boys assumed that transition processes in Russia and other post-command economies would
    occur super fast, in basically under a year. It has been 26 years since the dissolution of the USSR and Russia is still experiencing
    transition transients in pricing and economic interaction between companies and other elements. I am assuming that they actually
    assumed, it is quite likely that they were shysters out to destroy Russia and all their shock therapy "theories" were a scam.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:25 pm

Washington’s allegations that Russia is supplying weapons to the Taliban are unprofessional and untrue, Russia's top diplomat said

More:
    http://tass.com/politics/943113
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun May 07, 2017 4:04 pm

George1 wrote:Washington’s allegations that Russia is supplying weapons to the Taliban are unprofessional and untrue, Russia's top diplomat said

More:
    http://tass.com/politics/943113

Even if it was true, America can go and eat shit. It sponsors the terrorists in Syria and elsewhere. In fact, it has always sponsored
    terrorists to advance its global control agenda (e.g. Contras in Nicaragua). Now it is crying that the Taliban are giving it a hard time.
    Perhaps Uncle Scumbag can bugger off from Afghanistan instead of whining like a retarded baby that he didn't get the candy he wanted
    (in this case control over Afghanistan). If Russia actually sponsored the Taliban it would be giving America a taste of its own medicine.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun May 07, 2017 4:18 pm

A lot of what is said about Russia is pointless endeavor. It really doesn't matter in the end. Russia will just continue to do what it needs to do while the sweat can circle jerk around the thought of how evil Russia is. The saying the dog barks but the caravan moves on is very fitting.

As Karzai said recently, that even if Russia is somewhat cooperating with Taliban, it would be very hypocritical of the US to complain as they helped them in the past by directly funding them, and then negotiated (still doing so today) with Taliban, just makes them look stupid. Karzai seems to paint Russia in a better light than anyone in the west does.

But that is the point. People who are actually familiar with the region, and aren't useful idiots like most of England's community, would tell you what Russia has been coining in the last couple of years in the regions, has been more beneficial to all and constructive than what anything the US or UK has done in the last 50 years.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun May 07, 2017 5:31 pm

miketheterrible wrote:A lot of what is said about Russia is pointless endeavor. It really doesn't matter in the end. Russia will just continue to do what it needs to do while the sweat can circle jerk around the thought of how evil Russia is. The saying the dog barks but the caravan moves on is very fitting.

As Karzai said recently, that even if Russia is somewhat cooperating with Taliban, it would be very hypocritical of the US to complain as they helped them in the past by directly funding them, and then negotiated (still doing so today) with Taliban, just makes them look stupid. Karzai seems to paint Russia in a better light than anyone in the west does.

But that is the point. People who are actually familiar with the region, and aren't useful idiots like most of England's community, would tell you what Russia has been coining in the last couple of years in the regions, has been more beneficial to all and constructive than what anything the US or UK has done in the last 50 years.

I hope that the locals remember this instead of eating Yankee propaganda shit. I agree that the propaganda is mostly preaching to the choir and
    means squat for Russia. But too many in the developing world swallow it as well. A lot of mass media in the developing world is a US parrot chorus
    even if Uncle Scumbag has a history of making things bad in these countries.
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia - Page 16 Empty Ukraine to Prosecute 94 Year Old Jewish WWII Veteran "for killing a Ukrainian collaborator."

Post  Odin of Ossetia Fri May 12, 2017 5:21 am

Ukraine to Prosecute 94 Year Old Jewish WWII Veteran "for killing a Ukrainian collaborator."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4955865,00.html
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri May 12, 2017 1:09 pm

Ha... their US/EU funding will dry up if they get a conviction here...
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed May 17, 2017 2:28 pm

Ukraine banned St. George ribbon as celebrating bigotry..

Moscow slams Ukraine’s ban on Russian military valor symbol as anti-democratic move

It is interesting to see how Ukraine will celebrate Victory Day next year, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said

MOSCOW, May 16. /TASS/. The Ukrainian parliament’s decision to ban the St. George ribbon, a Russian symbol of military valor, is an anti-democratic and anti-historic move, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on Tuesday.

"To speak seriously, the decision is anti-democratic and anti-historic, throwing into doubt a principled possibility of some kind of the country’s unification," the Russian diplomat wrote on her Facebook page.

"It is interesting to see how Ukraine will celebrate Victory Day and hold an Immortal Regiment march next year," she wrote.

The Ukrainian authorities have neither the strength nor the will to solve real problems but "now they will find money for tiger-repainting," the Russian diplomat wrote.

The Ukrainian parliament passed a law on Tuesday to ban the use of the St. George ribbon, a Russian symbol of military valor.

The decision was supported by 238 deputies compared to the required minimum of 226 votes.

"This law envisages an administrative penalty for wearing the so-called St. George ribbon during mass events," bill author and deputy from the National Front faction Anton Gerashchenko said, speaking from the parliament’s rostrum.

As the deputy alleged, the Ukrainian parliament is thus countering "the Russian aggression in Ukraine" as it considered the St. George ribbon as its symbol.

The administrative penalty won’t apply to World War II veterans wearing elements of the St. George ribbon in their military decorations, as well as to museum expositions.

The new Ukrainian law stipulates a penalty of 850 to 2,550 hryvnia ($32-96) for the public demonstration of the St. George ribbon together with the ribbon’s confiscation.

A repeat violation of this law during a year may entail a penalty of up to 5,100 hryvnia ($192) or an administrative arrest for up to 15 days together with the ribbon’s confiscation.

More:
    http://tass.com/politics/946152

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:48 pm