Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Liberal Opposition

    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7096
    Points : 7364
    Join date : 2009-08-05
    Age : 30
    Location : Canada

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Navalny gets sentanced to 5 years in prison

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:17 pm

    http://en.rian.ru/politics/20130718/182299516/Russian-Opposition-Leader-Navalny-Found-Guilty--Court.html

    KIROV/MOSCOW, July 18 (RIA Novosti) – A Russian court handed down a guilty verdict Thursday morning for opposition leader Alexei Navalny, a Moscow mayoral candidate and vocal Kremlin critic, sentencing him to five years in jail on embezzlement charges.
    The court, in the city of Kirov, about 900 kilometers (560 miles) east of Moscow, found Navalny guilty of organizing an embezzlement scheme that cost a local state-owned company, KirovLes, some $500,000, by forcing it to sell timber at below-market prices when he served as an unpaid advisor to the Kirov Region’s governor in 2009.
    Navalny, who has denounced the case as politically motivated, was cuffed by court marshals and led out of the courtroom shortly after the judge announced the sentence.
    The conviction, unless overturned upon appeal, will prevent Navalny, a whistle-blowing blogger well-known for leading large-scale anti-Kremlin protests, from running for public office.
    “Navalny’s guilt has been proven by the testimony of witnesses,” judge Sergei Blinov read in a monotonous voice.

    Now, people love to go ape over this case, and I am wondering, the charges against him - Bogus or not? I think people in and from Russia seems to have wild thoughts that only United Russia party is only capable of corruption and scams, but what about others? Isn't corruption a major issue in almost every sector in Russia? So what makes them so special over others? If guilty, then why are people so in love with him? Because he is a staunch Putin hater?
    Viktor
    Viktor

    Posts : 5651
    Points : 6284
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 38
    Location : Croatia

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  Viktor on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:34 pm

    Good, now I can calmly drink a cafe and smoke some cigarettes Cool
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7096
    Points : 7364
    Join date : 2009-08-05
    Age : 30
    Location : Canada

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:40 pm

    Apparently Russian stocks took a dive a bit from the news:

    http://en.rian.ru/business/20130718/182302877/Russian-Stock-Market-Nosedives-on-Navalny-Verdict.html

    Although, I am not surprised. It will probably all blow over and be forgotten about.
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 2167
    Points : 2161
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  Regular on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:29 pm

    Of course his corruption case was motivated, he have shaken bee hive. But I wouldn't be so fast to call charges bogus too. Just happen to be someone interested in taking him down used this card. Really harsh punishment I must say and there are other people from Russian opposition that deserve it much more than Navalny, but they always get away and plus they are soaking in money from abroad. I would say it's a loss for Russian opposition, I can't think of anything else his level, just bunch of self hating retards.
    nemrod
    nemrod

    Posts : 828
    Points : 1326
    Join date : 2012-09-11

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  nemrod on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:35 am

    sepheronx wrote:http://en.rian.ru/politics/20130718/182299516/Russian-Opposition-Leader-Navalny-Found-Guilty--Court.html
    Good news, and very good things.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3509
    Points : 3593
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  flamming_python on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:58 pm

    He's a douche quite frankly and I definately never want to see him succeed or gain power - but the Russian government shouldn't have put him behind bars.

    Even if he actually is guilty (and who knows if he is or isn't) it's still selective justice; basically any number of cases can be brought about against just about anyone in our parliament and higher up; a lot of other people have their hands in something but are given a free pass. Hell Putin has effectively made himself a multi-billionaire. Yet these things are ignored to a large extent as long as one stays loyal and doesn't do it again or at least not blatantly.
    Not so for the people who want to build their own powerbase like Navalny.

    By focusing on Navalny our leaders are just showing their fear and weakness. And giving this attention whore all the attention and martyrdom he can hope for just when people have forgotten about him. Stupid decision. Our leadership has learnt nothing from the Soviet experience.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7096
    Points : 7364
    Join date : 2009-08-05
    Age : 30
    Location : Canada

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  sepheronx on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:16 am

    http://en.rian.ru/russia/20130720/182337683/Convicted-Opposition-Leader-Navalny-Returns-to-Moscow.html

    Navalny Returns to Moscow after being freed from an appeal on Friday, is going to run for Moscow Mayor.
    Viktor
    Viktor

    Posts : 5651
    Points : 6284
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 38
    Location : Croatia

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  Viktor on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:37 am

    sepheronx wrote:http://en.rian.ru/russia/20130720/182337683/Convicted-Opposition-Leader-Navalny-Returns-to-Moscow.html

    Navalny Returns to Moscow after being freed from an appeal on Friday, is going to run for Moscow Mayor.

    He is rampaging around like chicken without head. His sentence starts in 10 days and 5 years in jail will teach him a lesson.
    nemrod
    nemrod

    Posts : 828
    Points : 1326
    Join date : 2012-09-11

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Navalny gets sentanced to 5 years in prison

    Post  nemrod on Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:25 pm

    Viktor wrote:
    He is rampaging around like chicken without head. His sentence starts in 10 days and 5 years in jail will teach him a lesson.
    Well said.  
    I share your point of view. Very Happy
    Navalny is another shit of liberal, moreover a lawyer....I don't like much the lawyers.
    Yetlsin's era is ended, now a new history started for Russia. Enough is enough, with liberals, feminists, fundamentalists religious, zionnists, - so called- enviromentalists, trotskysts, they all lead to the same road==> Bankurpcy for average people, but more wealth for the Rockefeller, Rotshchild, Goldman & Sachs, JP Morgan, and for Israel.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13430
    Points : 13919
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  George1 on Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:13 pm

    i think Navalny went again in prison
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5253
    Points : 5458
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  Werewolf on Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:31 pm

    Seriously what is it with this laws and such low jail sentences?

    Heck you get 5 years in Jail if you are caught pirating or Streaming videos here in germany, while some rapists and murders get 2-3 years.

    Such traitors should get jail time for at least 20 years and that is only because i am generous, death penalty does not exist unfortunatley.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21473
    Points : 22023
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  GarryB on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:28 am

    - but the Russian government shouldn't have put him behind bars.

    Didn't realise it was putin that gave the sentence...

    This guy got off with home detention for a fairly serious crime and he flaunts this sentence and commits contempt of court... I think 5 years is a reasonable sentence... he will be out in 2 years.

    When receiving a punishment the last thing you should do is laugh and make a joke out of it.

    Perhaps a couple of years in Prison and he will respect the law.
    Kyo
    Kyo

    Posts : 498
    Points : 545
    Join date : 2014-11-03
    Age : 70
    Location : Brasilia

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  Kyo on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:24 am

    This is for you, TR1.

    Powerpoint given by Russian opposition leader in Washington blueprints US backed violent overthrow of Putin
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 4568
    Points : 4683
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  kvs on Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:08 am

    Kyo wrote:This is for you, TR1.

    Powerpoint given by Russian opposition leader in Washington blueprints US backed violent overthrow of Putin

    Surely the proper statement is the violent overthrow of the duly elected government of Russia. The language in this
    title is the typical agitprop one of trying to paint the whole of Russia as Putin and smearing him with being a tyrant.
    I never see this language used on Obama and the USA. Obama's regime is slaughtering civilians as part of the "war on
    terror" and engaging in spread of violent overthrow of elected governments such as in the case of Ukraine.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7096
    Points : 7364
    Join date : 2009-08-05
    Age : 30
    Location : Canada

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:31 am

    kvs wrote:
    Kyo wrote:This is for you, TR1.

    Powerpoint given by Russian opposition leader in Washington blueprints US backed violent overthrow of Putin

    Surely the proper statement is the violent overthrow of the duly elected government of Russia.    The language in this
    title is the typical agitprop one of trying to paint the whole of Russia as Putin and smearing him with being a tyrant.
    I never see this language used on Obama and the USA.   Obama's regime is slaughtering civilians as part of the "war on
    terror" and engaging in spread of violent overthrow of elected governments such as in the case of Ukraine.  

    The funny thing is, how blatant it is and open. Now his image is probably destroyed back at home. Whatever image he had that is.
    Kyo
    Kyo

    Posts : 498
    Points : 545
    Join date : 2014-11-03
    Age : 70
    Location : Brasilia

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  Kyo on Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:44 pm

    More Russians expect protests but most won't participate - poll
    Mike E
    Mike E

    Posts : 2646
    Points : 2684
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  Mike E on Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:58 pm

    "World knows NATO is planting protests in Russia, but Russians don't give a ****"
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 4568
    Points : 4683
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  kvs on Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:56 am

    Kyo wrote:More Russians expect protests but most won't participate - poll

    They need excuses why the turnout to these liberast demonstrations is so pathetically small. The western sponsored liberast fringe
    can't succeed at the poll and on the street through mob action, so they make up fairy tales about how the majority of Russians
    are really on their side.

    If the majority of Russians lived in Canada for a a few decades like I have, they would nothing to do with the west. There is
    nothing to admire and salivate for the western self-described utopia. It's just more human society with the standard problems.
    The main difference is that the west is afflicted with a superiority complex and thinks it has "moral authority" to crusade against
    the rest of the world.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7096
    Points : 7364
    Join date : 2009-08-05
    Age : 30
    Location : Canada

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:52 am

    What do they mean by fall of living standards in Russia? How did the exchange rate all of a sudden drop the living standards? How is that even possible? Do people still have a house, access to drinkable water, food on the table and a roof over their head? How many people have TV's? How many of those TV's are LCD/LED? Do they have access to such technologies?

    The answer to all of these are Yes, they do. They can purchase what they want. And majority have a roof over their head (and not have to pay a mortgage) with drinkable water and food on the table. So how did the living standards fall?
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 4568
    Points : 4683
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Russian Liberals

    Post  kvs on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:28 am

    sepheronx wrote:What do they mean by fall of living standards in Russia?  How did the exchange rate all of a sudden drop the living standards?  How is that even possible?  Do people still have a house, access to drinkable water, food on the table and a roof over their head?  How many people have TV's?  How many of those TV's are LCD/LED?  Do they have access to such technologies?

    The answer to all of these are Yes, they do.  They can purchase what they want.  And majority have a roof over their head (and not have to pay a mortgage) with drinkable water and food on the table.  So how did the living standards fall?

    This is yet another talking point.   They are trying to create reality by getting people to believe a lie.   Living standards cannot
    fall this fast.   The supply of consumers goods has not disappeared in Russia.   People have their jobs and they can buy their
    food for the same price as a year ago (minus the routine year on year increase).   Perhaps some Dutch cheese is now 70% more
    expensive.   But this can hardly be used to measure the standard of living.

    I see a pattern here.   The situation in the USA and Canada and the EU is really bad in terms of the economy.   Food prices
    in Canada are jumping like crazy.   And we have this hysterical focus on events in Russia.   It is an obvious diversion away
    from domestic problems.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7096
    Points : 7364
    Join date : 2009-08-05
    Age : 30
    Location : Canada

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:57 pm

    http://rt.com/politics/251949-russia-kasyanov-opposition-citizenship/

    didnt know where to put this, but another 5th coloumnist may get what is coming to him. A bill from opposition parties are pushing to strip citizenship for people such as Kasyanov for their blatant work for another country.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 5089
    Points : 5242
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:00 pm

    sepheronx wrote:http://rt.com/politics/251949-russia-kasyanov-opposition-citizenship/

    didnt know where to put this, but another 5th coloumnist may get what is coming to him. A bill from opposition parties are pushing to strip citizenship for people such as Kasyanov for their blatant work for another country.

    Kasparov, Navalny, Kasyanov, Ponomarev, Kudrin are subversion specialists and should have their assets frozen and seized!
    TR1
    TR1

    Posts : 5558
    Points : 5568
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  TR1 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:06 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:http://rt.com/politics/251949-russia-kasyanov-opposition-citizenship/

    didnt know where to put this, but another 5th coloumnist may get what is coming to him. A bill from opposition parties are pushing to strip citizenship for people such as Kasyanov for their blatant work for another country.

    Kasparov, Navalny, Kasyanov, Ponomarev, Kudrin are subversion specialists and should have their assets frozen and seized!
    YEah!

    And their families should be arrested and "relocated" just to make sure they don't spread their ideological subversion!

    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7096
    Points : 7364
    Join date : 2009-08-05
    Age : 30
    Location : Canada

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:11 pm

    TR1 wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:http://rt.com/politics/251949-russia-kasyanov-opposition-citizenship/

    didnt know where to put this, but another 5th coloumnist may get what is coming to him. A bill from opposition parties are pushing to strip citizenship for people such as Kasyanov for their blatant work for another country.

    Kasparov, Navalny, Kasyanov, Ponomarev, Kudrin are subversion specialists and should have their assets frozen and seized!
    YEah!

    And their families should be arrested and "relocated" just to make sure they don't spread their ideological subversion!


    I don't know about you, but since you are in US, you would not be able to go to Russia (especially if you were a US politician) and asked Russian or Chinese politicians to have them sanction your fellow countrymen, and then expect to keep your job.
    TR1
    TR1

    Posts : 5558
    Points : 5568
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  TR1 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:16 pm

    sepheronx wrote:
    TR1 wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:http://rt.com/politics/251949-russia-kasyanov-opposition-citizenship/

    didnt know where to put this, but another 5th coloumnist may get what is coming to him. A bill from opposition parties are pushing to strip citizenship for people such as Kasyanov for their blatant work for another country.

    Kasparov, Navalny, Kasyanov, Ponomarev, Kudrin are subversion specialists and should have their assets frozen and seized!
    YEah!

    And their families should be arrested and "relocated" just to make sure they don't spread their ideological subversion!


    I don't know about you, but since you are in US, you would not be able to go to Russia (especially if you were a US politician) and asked Russian or Chinese politicians to have them sanction your fellow countrymen, and then expect to keep your job.

    Which currently elected or appointed Russian politicians are going abroad and asking for sanctions?

    There is no rule that says a random party member can't go abroad and criticize the government. This is not the USSR.

    And yes, as a US citizen, I could go to Russia, say that US Imperialism needs to be stopped or something similar, and I would not lose my citizenship on coming back.
    Just like in any sane country.

    Sponsored content

    Russian Liberal Opposition Empty Re: Russian Liberal Opposition

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:50 pm