Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+77
jhelb
Odin of Ossetia
thegopnik
SeigSoloyvov
Aristide
GarryB
nero
PhSt
Hole
Kimppis
kvs
Isos
havok
Tingsay
Teshub
starman
Nibiru
nomadski
Sprut-B
ATLASCUB
miketheterrible
Project Canada
TheArmenian
Sinan
GunshipDemocracy
Austin
calm
George1
medo
Svyatoslavich
arpakola
Khepesh
par far
KoTeMoRe
JohninMK
KiloGolf
sepheronx
andalusia
Bidoul
berhoum
AlfaT8
Werewolf
magnumcromagnon
higurashihougi
artjomh
Dforce
ExBeobachter1987
Fred333
eehnie
Prince Darling
PapaDragon
Cowboy's daughter
Maximmmm
whir
Walther von Oldenburg
wilhelm
Godric
Rodinazombie
Karl Haushofer
franco
NationalRus
OnionCossack
alexZam
vlad4eva
max steel
OminousSpudd
Cyberspec
Mike E
AbsoluteZero
Vann7
Kyo
Hannibal Barca
collegeboy16
Regular
Zivo
KomissarBojanchev
nemrod
81 posters

Western propaganda

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Western propaganda - Page 22 Empty Re: Western propaganda

Post  miketheterrible Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:32 pm

When American Propaganda just makes them look stupid:
    https://www.rt.com/news/395840-state-department-report-russian-atlantis-kitezh/

Essentially, they throw a stone from a glass house, regarding a homeless issue, in a town that hasn't existed since 13th century.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:51 pm

As far as propaganda . This term is not viewed favourably . General understanding of this term indicates false or falsified information. Similar to disinformation . But propaganda in my understanding can also refer to true information . Also I think Lenin said that no person can be neutral about politics . So opinion by individuals or state actors seems to be unavoidable . Every state will have their stance on a subject . And they express it . But if these reflect the truth . Then no disinformation is intended . There is no limitation on subjects being discussed . No time limits for conversation . So Russians are free to talk about their viewpoint about other politicians in other countries . As long as they can back up what they say . Did not the BBC accuse Russian politician of various misdeeds ! But did they show any evidence ? Then this is disinformation . Subversion . Meddling .
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:58 am

https://twitter.com/NATO/status/884769177906675712

Got to love how NATO is promoting Nazi's from the Baltics.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:56 pm

@miketheterrible

Racism and bigotry , seems to be part of the human psyche . A product of his mind . Seen in all races of people . However , circumstances do have an effect on this mental disability . Social stress of various sorts do play a part . Immediate economic conditions are important . But history plays a part . Whatever the cause of extreme racism , I believe that the cause can be found . But knowing the cause , does not imply knowing the cure .

There is a belt of racists along Russia western border in Europe . Such defined geography is no accident . Must have identifiable causes . Can not simply be poverty . Since I have seen similar trend ( extreme racism ) among Australian and New Zealanders and Brits and Yanks..........All seem to be Islands ......flow and mixing of peoples across historical time ? .... Or simply that economic advantage through trade , led to advantageous military position . These nations then just taking advantage of the weak nations . If the latter then there may be no cure . Just fighting the effects . Through military streangth .
    Kimppis
    Kimppis

Post  Kimppis Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:10 pm

So apparently the neo-nazi site Daily Stormer was banned from Google, etc., so they registered a new domain "dailystormer.ru".

As you can expect, a massive Russophobic hysteria ensued on Twitter, from the usual suspects.... tens of thousands of retweets, etc.

Well, equally unsurprisingly, to those of us who actually know something about Russia, Roskomnadzor blocked the site and domain a day later.

The Russophobes' reaction to that? *Crickets*, as Anatoly Karlin puts it. Shocking! Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to Western "Russia experts" and media, but what a classic example of anti-Russian propaganda.

https://twitter.com/akarlin88/status/898164051049672705

"Blue Checkmarks associating (bad) Neo-Nazis with Russia = 1,000s of RTs. Follow-up it was kicked off dailystormer.ru in one-day = *crickets*"

http://www.unz.com/akarlin/society-282/
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:29 pm

Kimppis wrote:So apparently the neo-nazi site Daily Stormer was banned from Google, etc., so they registered a new domain "dailystormer.ru".

As you can expect, a massive Russophobic hysteria ensued on Twitter, from the usual suspects.... tens of thousands of retweets, etc.

Well, equally unsurprisingly, to those of us who actually know something about Russia, Roskomnadzor blocked the site and domain a day later.

The Russophobes' reaction to that? *Crickets*, as Anatoly Karlin puts it. Shocking! Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to Western "Russia experts" and media, but what a classic example of anti-Russian propaganda.

"Blue Checkmarks associating (bad) Neo-Nazis with Russia = 1,000s of RTs. Follow-up it was kicked off dailystormer.ru in one-day = *crickets*"

living in a North western country (Alba - Ala-Pa) i can confirm the media in my country are all fucking partial scumbags every single media outlet in my country is foreign owned English or Aussie (Murdoch)
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:28 pm

Kimppis wrote:So apparently the neo-nazi site Daily Stormer was banned from Google, etc., so they registered a new domain "dailystormer.ru".

Several years ago I might have paid attention but now all this media BS about Russia has long become white noise to me

Nothing surprises me in this department anymore but I don't particularly care either...
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:51 am

Exactly... to people who care about the truth, the western media is making itself irrelevant.
    andalusia

Post  andalusia Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:28 am

What do you guys think of this: https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/us-navy-getting-game-changing-154553518.html
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:22 am

Funny... it was the Soviets that went for long range anti ship missiles and the US that relied on its organic air power via its carriers to take the fight to the enemy.

Now they are saying that long range anti ship missiles might actually be a useful thing...

Except their missiles are still piece of crap subsonic missiles that 1970s guns can shoot down. 21st C air defence systems will eat such missiles for breakfast 24/7.

I would add that the chinese missile it mentions that is supersonic for the last few seconds of flight that it mentions has a range of 240 miles is a copy of the supersonic Klub missile... a subsonic cruise missile with a rocket powered supersonic payload... the purpose of the subsonic portion is long range flight at low level, while the supersonic rocket powered portion is to reduce flight time in the terminal phase when the enemy ship can react to the attack...

We know the export model of the supersonic Klub sold to China and India has a max range of 300km but there is no such limitation on the Russian model whose range could be 1,500km for all we know, yet still mach 2.9 for the terminal phase of its attack, which makes it very hard to intercept.

BTW looked at other articles on the website and it says the PAK FA is already a failure...

Why do you bother reading such shit?

More importantly why do you post links to that crap here?
    Project Canada

Post  Project Canada Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:28 am

andalusia wrote:What do you guys think of this: https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/us-navy-getting-game-changing-154553518.html

If US can upgrade their Tomahawks to have 1000k+ range then i dont see how Russia and China can't do the same when given enough time to upgrade their own.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:18 am

The Tomahawks already had long range... what they lacked was the ability to hit moving targets like ships that move while the missile is in flight.

The fact that the Russians have reportedly given Granit land attack capability suggests they want multirole missiles.

Onyx also reportedly has land attack capability but also the ability to hit ships too.

One could surmise that the 2,500km range Kalibre could also be given the ability to hit ships at sea too... in terms of targeting the Russian Navy is introducing a fleet wide data network that includes subs and satellites to collect target data, so very long range anti ship missiles should be perfectly possible.

Equally the article does not include the ballistic Chinese anti carrier group missile which no doubt has a range of several thousand kms too...

This is hardly a game changer as I mentioned because a very long range subsonic missile will take rather more time to reach its target than a medium range very fast missile like the ones the Russians and Chinese have...

Still a good reason for Russia and China to continue with their carrier programmes as the easiest way to defeat a long range missile attack is with long range vision from carrier based and air based and spaced based radars, and with aircraft armed with AAMs... even simple R-60MKs would be very effective at shooting down Tomahawks if you get them close enough.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:03 am

GarryB wrote:Funny... it was the Soviets that went for long range anti ship missiles and the US that relied on its organic air power via its carriers to take the fight to the enemy.

Now they are saying that long range anti ship missiles might actually be a useful thing...

Except their missiles are still piece of crap subsonic missiles that 1970s guns can shoot down. 21st C air defence systems will eat such missiles for breakfast 24/7.

I would add that the chinese missile it mentions that is supersonic for the last few seconds of flight that it mentions has a range of 240 miles is a copy of the supersonic Klub missile... a subsonic cruise missile with a rocket powered supersonic payload... the purpose of the subsonic portion is long range flight at low level, while the supersonic rocket powered portion is to reduce flight time in the terminal phase when the enemy ship can react to the attack...

We know the export model of the supersonic Klub sold to China and India has a max range of 300km but there is no such limitation on the Russian model whose range could be 1,500km for all we know, yet still mach 2.9 for the terminal phase of its attack, which makes it very hard to intercept.

BTW looked at other articles on the website and it says the PAK FA is already a failure...

Why do you bother reading such shit?

More importantly why do you post links to that crap here?

It seems like the appropriate thread since it is propaganda. Anyway, it is this sort of delusional BS that is giving NATO politicians and generals
    an extremely distorted view of reality. One can try and fob this off with the claim that they are privy to more accurate information. But that
    is not how societies work. Groupthink and peer pressure routinely overcome facts. Propaganda being fed to the masses eventually feeds back
    onto the elites that dish it out. NATO is in the thrall of its own voodoo.
    andalusia

Post  andalusia Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:17 pm

I want to know does Russia have the capabilities to help other countries during times of crisis like when natual disasters hit a country like hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and others types of disasters? I hear that the United States sends its military and disaster aid to help other countries when natural disasters hit such a country. The US points to this and says to critics that America is not so bad and that it is the only country with this capability.  I would like to know why doesn't Russia do more to help other countries during natural disasters?

Moreover, how do people balance this aspect of US foreign disaster relief with the US military using its resources to help with a critique of an aggressive US foreign policy and its military actions as well as its support for the corrupt IMF and World Bank?

https://govbooktalk.gpo.gov/2012/03/05/the-u-s-military-storms-to-the-rescue-in-foreign-disaster-relief/

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/foreign-policy/190954-the-case-for-us-military-response-during-international
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:25 pm

Russia has a very large, well organized and equipped Rescue organization. And they help people around the world all the time. Here is the thread on this site for that organization.

https://www.russiadefence.net/t1993-emercom-the-ministry-of-emergency-situations
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:51 am

Russia offers aide in disaster relief situations though such offers are not always accepted.

I seem to remember the US refusing an offer of Russian helos after Katrina.... the president being criticised for that as they could have used them.

Us help was refused by Myanmar, while Russian help was accepted.
    andalusia

Post  andalusia Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:31 am

GarryB wrote:Russia offers aide in disaster relief situations though such offers are not  always accepted.

I seem to remember the US refusing an offer of Russian helos after Katrina.... the president being criticised for that as they could have used them.

Us help was refused by Myanmar, while Russian help was accepted.

So is it propaganda that the US military is the only one that has the capability to help poor countries? Are there any devious motives when it comes to foreign aid? I would also like to know do citizens in other wealthy countries donate money to poor countries? In my opinion, foreign financial aid has done more harm than good for developing countries. There was no IMF or World Bank when the US, Japan, Germany, Canada and other First World countries became rich.

https://www.hudson.org/research/1183-american-generosity-in-foreign-giving
    Svyatoslavich

Post  Svyatoslavich Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:26 am

andalusia wrote:
    So is it propaganda that the US military is the only one that has the capability to help poor countries? Are there any devious motives when it comes to foreign aid? I would also like to know do citizens in other wealthy countries donate money to poor countries? In my opinion, foreign financial aid has done more harm than good for developing countries.  There was no IMF or World Bank when the US, Japan, Germany, Canada and other First World countries became rich.  

https://www.hudson.org/research/1183-american-generosity-in-foreign-giving
    Of course it is a lie. Here in this same forum there are pictures of Venezuela aid to Caribbean islands after the hurricanes. And Russia has sent humanitarian relief to other countries even in its worst economic times in the 90's.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:27 am

The US and Canada routinely refuse any Russian help in the case of forest fires. The Be-200 is the best fire fighting craft there
    is. But accepting Russian help makes the self-anointed masters of technology and the universe appear worthless and weak.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:55 am

US aide is often used to show that the US is a force for good in the world, but it is generally just a front...

they bomb more than they help.

US and western food aide generally undercuts local farmers who can't compete against free food.

In most countries the food is seized and given to allies of the government... in Somalia the warlords fought over such things... and the US backed the wrong people there Backhawk down.....
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:13 pm

And to celebrate anniversary here is some light reading for all the fans out there, enjoy! thumbsup

The Real Lenin: Traitor, Parasite, Failure

http://russia-insider.com/en/real-lenin-traitor-parasite-failure/ri21542

One tiny bit relevant for today:

...All this was sustained in large part thanks to German money. In 1917, a grand total of around 50 million gold marks were transferred to Lenin’s party in Petrograd (this translates to an amzing $1 billion in today’s currency). This helped fund the Bolshevik printing presses, and there are numerous accounts of money being handed out for protests against the Provisional Government throughout 1917 (all standard features of modern color revolutions)....

But so much more as well in the article, have at it...
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:12 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    And to celebrate anniversary here is some light reading for all the fans out there, enjoy! thumbsup

...All this was sustained in large part thanks to German money. In 1917, a grand total of around 50 million gold marks were transferred to Lenin’s party in Petrograd (this translates to an amzing $1 billion in today’s currency). This helped fund the Bolshevik printing presses, and there are numerous accounts of money being handed out for protests against the Provisional Government throughout 1917 (all standard features of modern color revolutions)....

Russia insider lol, insider of the Pentagon.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:27 pm

eehnie wrote:.............
    Russia insider lol, insider of the Pentagon.

Whoaa, wait, did you just accuse Russia Insider of working for Pentagon just now????  Suspect lol1

Western propaganda - Page 22 ROFL_o_17277
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:00 am

The funny thing is that nothing has changed... today it will be blamed on Russian hackers... back then many in the west claimed the communists were jews.... the blame game is eternal... and so often wrong.
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:51 am

PapaDragon wrote:

Surprisingly, not much people are familiar with this.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:16 pm