Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+77
jhelb
Odin of Ossetia
thegopnik
SeigSoloyvov
Aristide
GarryB
nero
PhSt
Hole
Kimppis
kvs
Isos
havok
Tingsay
Teshub
starman
Nibiru
nomadski
Sprut-B
ATLASCUB
miketheterrible
Project Canada
TheArmenian
Sinan
GunshipDemocracy
Austin
calm
George1
medo
Svyatoslavich
arpakola
Khepesh
par far
KoTeMoRe
JohninMK
KiloGolf
sepheronx
andalusia
Bidoul
berhoum
AlfaT8
Werewolf
magnumcromagnon
higurashihougi
artjomh
Dforce
ExBeobachter1987
Fred333
eehnie
Prince Darling
PapaDragon
Cowboy's daughter
Maximmmm
whir
Walther von Oldenburg
wilhelm
Godric
Rodinazombie
Karl Haushofer
franco
NationalRus
OnionCossack
alexZam
vlad4eva
max steel
OminousSpudd
Cyberspec
Mike E
AbsoluteZero
Vann7
Kyo
Hannibal Barca
collegeboy16
Regular
Zivo
KomissarBojanchev
nemrod
81 posters

Western propaganda

Project Canada

Western propaganda - Page 21 Empty Re: Western propaganda

Post  Project Canada Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:03 pm

Russia out of Korea!  Laughing

Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:55 pm

Project Canada wrote:Russia out of Korea!  Laughing

omg my head is pounding after watching that cry cry

as my old man would say "she is as thick as two planks of wood nailed together"
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:46 pm

What came next was actually even funnier.

Bhahahaha.......you've gotta be kidding me. Laughing

UPDATE: I'm adding this one too: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hank-johnson-worries-guam-could-capsize-after-marine-buildup/
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:39 pm

Don't know should it go in here or Humor tread?

I have found something worse than Daily Mail and Guardian...much worse. First time I hear about these clowns called ''The Sun'' but holy shit this is something.... affraid lol1

RAF heroes ward off two Russian bombers flying near UK airspace just one DAY after Vladimir Putin told pilots to ‘prepare for war’

Russian premier has ordered his armed forces to prepare for a 'time of war' after tensions with the West

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2821827/raf-typhoons-scrambled-intercept-russian-bombers/

Premier? WTF? Check the calendar Mr. Clancy!

Thankfully comment section does not buy it, good job UK!  thumbsup
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:19 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Don't know should it go in here or Humor tread?

I have found something worse than Daily Mail and Guardian...much worse. First time I hear about these clowns called ''The Sun'' but holy shit this is something.... affraid lol1

RAF heroes ward off two Russian bombers flying near UK airspace just one DAY after Vladimir Putin told pilots to ‘prepare for war’

Russian premier has ordered his armed forces to prepare for a 'time of war' after tensions with the West

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2821827/raf-typhoons-scrambled-intercept-russian-bombers/

Premier? WTF? Check the calendar Mr. Clancy!

Thankfully comment section does not buy it, good job UK!  thumbsup

UK is fake news central .... now you know what Scottish Independence movement is up against it is in full swing because recent polls are not going to well ... then their is all this nonsense about Assad is killing 10s of thousands of Syrians via torture etc with the only evidence is hearsay from so called faceless witnesses and 3D graphics ... yes 3D graphics
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:26 am

The Problem with Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:21 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:The Problem with Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index

The funding is one problem.   Then there is the index itself, which by construction is an utter joke.   Perceptions mean nothing.
    Thanks to anti-Russian propaganda, most in the west perceive Russia to be more corrupt than India or Mexico.   No objective
    index would even come close to such a ranking.   Mexico is a barely law governed state and a big chunk of it is run by various
    narco mafias.  Even during the 1990s Russia did not have this level of disorder but was going in that direction.   Just like in
    Ukraine and 1990s Russia, Mexico has a clique of gangster oligarchs that call basically all the shots.   For Russia this was a
    devolution to a banana republic and not progress.  

Corruption in India is epic such as the case of $14 billion US dollars worth of food aid being stolen by local governments and sold.  
    The local level in India is very corrupt.   When I was there a few years ago I saw construction projects that were stalled to the
    point of being defunct.   In the case of a road works project the concrete supports for the highway to be were falling apart from
    age.  The corruption perceptions index is not measuring Russia during the 1990s.  It is claiming to measure it today.   I dare anyone
    in NATO to produce a single public works project in Russia that is a state like the one that I saw in India.   The Sochi Olympics
    infrastructure, the Vostochny Cosmodrome, were huge and came within better measures of cost and time than comparable projects
    in the precious west.   Roads and bridges are actually built in Russia and not turned into conduits to rip off the taxpayer.    Yeah,
    I know about the St. Petersburg stadium.   Guess what, it is basically finished and looks good.   It is not like there are only some
    concrete columns sticking out of the ground while trees grow around them.

In the above I am not attacking Mexicans and Indians.  I am attacking their corrupt systems which keep them from developing
    faster and keep a lot of the population poor.   Maybe they can take a lesson from Russia and get a leader who will kick ass and take
    names and act like a "tyrant" instead of being an oligarch whore.   TI can go and shove itself in its own collective anus.  And its
    sponsors can join it.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:38 am

kvs wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:The Problem with Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index

The funding is one problem.   Then there is the index itself, which by construction is an utter joke.   Perceptions mean nothing.
    Thanks to anti-Russian propaganda, most in the west perceive Russia to be more corrupt than India or Mexico.   No objective
    index would even come close to such a ranking.   Mexico is a barely law governed state and a big chunk of it is run by various
    narco mafias.  Even during the 1990s Russia did not have this level of disorder but was going in that direction.   Just like in
    Ukraine and 1990s Russia, Mexico has a clique of gangster oligarchs that call basically all the shots.   For Russia this was a
    devolution to a banana republic and not progress.  

Corruption in India is epic such as the case of $14 billion US dollars worth of food aid being stolen by local governments and sold.  
    The local level in India is very corrupt.   When I was there a few years ago I saw construction projects that were stalled to the
    point of being defunct.   In the case of a road works project the concrete supports for the highway to be were falling apart from
    age.  The corruption perceptions index is not measuring Russia during the 1990s.  It is claiming to measure it today.   I dare anyone
    in NATO to produce a single public works project in Russia that is a state like the one that I saw in India.   The Sochi Olympics
    infrastructure, the Vostochny Cosmodrome, were huge and came within better measures of cost and time than comparable projects
    in the precious west.   Roads and bridges are actually built in Russia and not turned into conduits to rip off the taxpayer.    Yeah,
    I know about the St. Petersburg stadium.   Guess what, it is basically finished and looks good.   It is not like there are only some
    concrete columns sticking out of the ground while trees grow around them.

In the above I am not attacking Mexicans and Indians.  I am attacking their corrupt systems which keep them from developing
    faster and keep a lot of the population poor.   Maybe they can take a lesson from Russia and get a leader who will kick ass and take
    names and act like a "tyrant" instead of being an oligarch whore.   TI can go and shove itself in its own collective anus.  And its
    sponsors can join it.

Don't forget that corruption in the EU matches it's annual budget, $146 billion, and that even pales in comparison to corruption in the US based Pentagon, which mismanaged over $8 trillion in the first decade of the 2000's, and by the mid-2010's the Pentagon mismanaged over $6 trillion, on track to surpass the previous amount while there's no funding for public infrastructure, with the American Society for Civil Engineers (ASCE) giving the overall rating of "D+" for U.S. infrastructure. Another U.S. example there's also the infamous banking bailouts of 2008 which saw nearly $800 billion stolen from public coffers to prop up bankrupt banks, where their executives got record payouts.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:22 pm

Listen Liberals: Russia Is Not Our Enemy
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:13 pm

Frustrating the war lobby

max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:46 pm

Russia’s RT Network: Is It More BBC or K.G.B.?  scratch

Euro-federalists financed by US spy chiefs

The Left’s great Russian conspiracy theory

Has anyone who talks about Russian "interference" in the presidential campaign actually read the report issued by the Intelligence Community? It states in the first page that it is making no judgement of the impact of the Russian actions on the U.S. campaign. It also states that there is no evidence of attacks on vote tallying machines. And, even if the Russians gave the DNC and Podesta emails to Wikileaks (not proven, to say the least), none were forgeries. In other words, they revealed the truth. In my opinion, knowing the truth is helpful to democracy not harmful. Even so, I cannot imagine that anyone would have voted for Trump because of the items in Wikileaks. The irregular announcement by the FBI director, however, could well have tipped the balance. Maybe what Congress should be investigating is why the FBI director tried to harm the Clinton campaign.

The Exhaustion of American Liberalism
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:26 pm

Good link about the FBI report. I couldn't be bothered to find it and read it, but it is useful to know the summary.
    If the machines were not tampered with, then there was no hacking of the election. Full stop.

Leaks are not hacking. Neither is RT "propaganda". I hate this abuse of language. Will we have the word
    shit applied in place of cake soon?
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:16 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

Here is the 2016 "Corruption Perception Index" routinely trotted out by the NATO fake stream media as an empirical metric
    of corruption:

http://www.transparency.org/news/feature/corruption_perceptions_index_2016

So Russia is ranked 131, the same as Ukraine, while Italy is ranked 60. If anyone believes these rankings, then they
    are totally clueless. Ukraine is a failed state toilet of corruption where IMF money disappears in a void and the standard
    of living is collapsing as the corrupt oligarch maggots eat up the remains of the Soviet legacy (in 1991 Ukraine was
    basically on the same level as Russia). To compare Ukraine to Russia today is total fantasy fiction.

Now I get to Italy. The prime reason why Rome, the main city in Italy, has a very large deficit is because of outright
    corrupt municipal projects that are started and never finished. I challenge anyone to find anything similar in the
    case of Moscow (or any other large Russian city).

http://www.news.com.au/travel/world-travel/europe/corruption-neglect-and-bureaucratic-bungling-has-led-to-demise-of-rome/news-story/ad6eb1919241110fa6abf7f12d027bd1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/11271882/Mafia-capital-Rome-hit-by-mobster-scandal.html
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Mon May 08, 2017 4:58 am

I was talking to an Italian just a few days ago, he said the mafia problem is still extremely rampant in the country. People get disappeared regularly, particularly journalists or activists, and this isn't just retarded allegations as is often insinuated by Western or Liberal media in Russia, but very much an open reality in the country. During the earthquakes there recently I was told that millions of dollars worth of pre-fab structures that were paid for by the Government to aid the farmers in the region who were hardest hit simply never turned up.

He was also very skeptical of the EU, and said that why we probably do not hear of the horror stories out of Italy much in MSM, although they are frequently news worthy, is simply because they are an EU member state...

The corruption perception index is complete bunk.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Mon May 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Uhmm.... anyone?
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon May 15, 2017 6:42 pm

Search Russian sailors sunbathing in Kuznetsov.

He'll for sailors? Lol. Even fifth columnist articles in Russia would mention it.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon May 15, 2017 6:44 pm

OminousSpudd wrote:I was talking to an Italian just a few days ago, he said the mafia problem is still extremely rampant in the country. People get disappeared regularly, particularly journalists or activists, and this isn't just retarded allegations as is often insinuated by Western or Liberal media in Russia, but very much an open reality in the country. During the earthquakes there recently I was told that millions of dollars worth of pre-fab structures that were paid for by the Government to aid the farmers in the region who were hardest hit simply never turned up.

He was also very skeptical of the EU, and said that why we probably do not hear of the horror stories out of Italy much in MSM, although they are frequently news worthy, is simply because they are an EU member state...

just so you know, the corruption index is a perception index. So it is Subjective, not objective.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon May 15, 2017 10:39 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:I was talking to an Italian just a few days ago, he said the mafia problem is still extremely rampant in the country. People get disappeared regularly, particularly journalists or activists, and this isn't just retarded allegations as is often insinuated by Western or Liberal media in Russia, but very much an open reality in the country. During the earthquakes there recently I was told that millions of dollars worth of pre-fab structures that were paid for by the Government to aid the farmers in the region who were hardest hit simply never turned up.

just so you know, the corruption index is a perception index. So it is Subjective, not objective.

Yes, but that aspect of it is basically never highlighted and it is presented by the NATO fake stream media as an objective index.
    Most people would care about objective indices so subjective ones must be sugar coated.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun May 28, 2017 7:47 pm

https://www.rt.com/uk/389545-data-challenge-russian-disqualified/

The above case fits in the category of anti-Russian bigotry. The Russian prizewinner was denied his prize because
    "Russia is corrupt". And the fucks actually invoke the ludicrous Transparency International "index" (pulled straight from
    the collective anus of western anti-Russian propaganda). The UK has been engaged in corruption for centuries including
    the US of pirates (aka privateers) against the Spanish to rob them of their gold in the New World. Now they wag their
    filthy finger at Russia for being "corrupt". Inadequates.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun May 28, 2017 8:28 pm

If it is true that they gave Hillary an integrity award, then it really goes to show the real "integrity" of the Transparency Index.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun May 28, 2017 8:41 pm

miketheterrible wrote:If it is true that they gave Hillary an integrity award, then it really goes to show the real "integrity" of the Transparency Index.

https://www.transparency.org/news/pressrelease/transparency_and_the_clinton_foundation_regarding_recent_statements

They gave her an award in 2012 when she was Secretary of State.

The term "NGO" is absurd. It does not preclude these "NGOs" from receiving government money and acting as instruments of US
    and NATO geopolitical power projection. The notion that some "perceptions" based index, which has not even been demonstrated to
    correlate with actual corruption metrics, has any value is inane.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun May 28, 2017 8:46 pm

Exactly. And this Russian programmer is doing the right thing and being very collective about it. Mail.ru insisted to give him the prize money as a way of showing integrity but he denied it and told them to donate it to a science organization. Good on the guy and good on mail.ru. goes to show more humanity exists in the so called "heavily corrupt" nations than it does in the "angelic and integrity driven" west.
    Project Canada

Post  Project Canada Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:38 am

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
    USA is official tinfoil capital of the free world Rolling Eyes

CNN Exclusive: US suspects Russian hackers planted fake news behind Qatar crisis

Washington (CNN)US investigators believe Russian hackers breached Qatar's state news agency and planted a fake news report that contributed to a crisis among the US' closest Gulf allies, according to US officials briefed on the investigation.

The FBI recently sent a team of investigators to Doha to help the Qatari government investigate the alleged hacking incident, Qatari and US government officials say.
    Intelligence gathered by the US security agencies indicates that Russian hackers were behind the intrusion first reported by the Qatari government two weeks ago, US officials say. Qatar hosts one of the largest US military bases in the region.

The alleged involvement of Russian hackers intensifies concerns by US intelligence and law enforcement agencies that Russia continues to try some of the same cyber-hacking measures on US allies that intelligence agencies believe it used to meddle in the 2016 elections.
    US officials say the Russian goal appears to be to cause rifts among the US and its allies. In recent months, suspected Russian cyber activities, including the use of fake news stories, have turned up amid elections in France, Germany and other countries.

It's not yet clear whether the US has tracked the hackers in the Qatar incident to Russian criminal organizations or to the Russian security services blamed for the US election hacks. One official noted that based on past intelligence, "not much happens in that country without the blessing of the government."
    The FBI and CIA declined to comment. A spokeswoman for the Qatari embassy in Washington said the investigation is ongoing and its results would be released publicly soon.
    The Qatari government has said a May 23 news report on its Qatar News Agency attributed false remarks to the nation's ruler that appeared friendly to Iran and Israel and questioned whether President Donald Trump would last in office.
    Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed Bin Abdulrahman al-Thani told CNN the FBI has confirmed the hack and the planting of fake news.
    "Whatever has been thrown as an accusation is all based on misinformation and we think that the entire crisis being based on misinformation," the foreign minister told CNN's Becky Anderson. "Because it was started based on fabricated news, being wedged and being inserted in our national news agency which was hacked and proved by the FBI."
    Sheikh Saif Bin Ahmed Al-Thani, director of the Qatari Government Communications Office, confirmed that Qatar's Ministry of Interior is working with the FBI and the United Kingdom's National Crime Agency on the ongoing hacking investigation of the Qatar News Agency.
    "The Ministry of Interior will reveal the findings of the investigation when completed," he told CNN.
    Partly in reaction to the false news report, Qatar's neighbors, led by Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, have cut off economic and political ties, causing a broader crisis.
    The report came at a time of escalating tension over accusations Qatar was financing terrorism.
    On Tuesday, Trump tweeted criticism of Qatar that mirrors that of the Saudis and others in the region who have long objected to Qatar's foreign policy. He did not address the false news report.
    "So good to see the Saudi Arabia visit with the King and 50 countries already paying off," Trump said in a series of tweets. "They said they would take a hard line on funding extremism, and all reference was pointing to Qatar. Perhaps this will be the beginning of the end to the horror of terrorism!"
    In his tweet, Trump voiced support for the regional blockade of Qatar and cited Qatar's funding of terrorist groups. The Qataris have rejected the terror-funding accusations.

Hours after Trump's tweets, the US State Department said Qatar had made progress on stemming the funding of terrorists but that there was more work to be done.
    US and European authorities have complained for years about funding for extremists from Saudi Arabia and other nations in the Gulf region. Fifteen of the 19 9/11 hijackers were Saudi citizens.

Last year during a visit to Saudi Arabia, Obama administration officials raised the issue of Saudi funding to build mosques in Europe and Africa that are helping to spread an ultra-conservative strain of Islam.

US intelligence has long been concerned with what they say is the Russian government's ability to plant fake news in otherwise credible streams, according to US officials.
    That concern has surfaced in recent months in congressional briefings by former FBI Director James Comey.

Comey told lawmakers that one reason he decided to bypass his Justice Department bosses in announcing no charges in the probe of Hillary Clinton's private email server was the concern about an apparent fake piece of Russian intelligence. The intelligence suggested the Russians had an email that indicated former Attorney General Loretta Lynch had assured Democrats she wouldn't let the Clinton probe lead to charges.

The FBI came to believe the email was fake, but still feared the Russians could release it to undermine the Justice Department's role in the probe.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:13 am

Hmmm... makes you think though doesn't it...

I mean my cat got sick last year and I had to have her put down... perhaps it was actually Russian hackers that interfered with her source code?

Perhaps the only solution is to blame Russian Hackers for everything... if the western media does it anyway... what is there to lose except to reduce the credibility of everyone who uses such a claim seriously...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:37 am