Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+47
jhelb
PhSt
Hole
dino00
Nibiru
Cyberspec
Odin of Ossetia
Project Canada
A Different Voice
Svyatoslavich
miketheterrible
magnumcromagnon
OminousSpudd
Khepesh
kvs
higurashihougi
franco
AlfaT8
Werewolf
Zivo
Karl Haushofer
Walther von Oldenburg
medo
Rodinazombie
PapaDragon
George1
Hannibal Barca
KomissarBojanchev
Sujoy
Viktor
Regular
Deep Throat
As Sa'iqa
Firebird
GarryB
TR1
flamming_python
Kysusha
Pervius
AbsoluteZero
nightcrawler
lulldapull
Ogannisyan8887
milky_candy_sugar
Russian Patriot
sepheronx
Jelena
51 posters

Extremism and Terrorism in Russia

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Extremism and Terrorism in Russia - Page 4 Empty Re: Extremism and Terrorism in Russia

Post  sepheronx Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:44 pm

flamming_python wrote:Volgograd is a city of 1 million people; how do you expect that it's possible to stop these kind of attacks? Check every bus, car, passenger, search every public place, bar, restaurant?
    As soon as you divert resources to one place the terrorists will hit another.
    If you divert huge resources to Volgograd, then Stavropol will be hit. Or Kaspiisk, Nalchik, Krasnodar, Samara, whatever..

The best bet is HUMINT; relying on human intelligence ahead of time and monitoring suspicious activities of suspect people, etc...

No amount of metal detectors, body searches, police patrols, etc... in the world will stop a suicide bomber once they get their explosive belt on.

I agree entirely. But seems HUMINT failed here big time. And if Ash on mp.net is right, then it is really sad/pathetic that there is no clear agenda with dealing with terrorism and that they just rely on OMON for solutions. The federal government is at fault and they need to act rather than sitting on their asses. Striking financers would be a good start.

Where is TR1? I would like to hear his views and possible solutions.
    TR1
    TR1

Extremism and Terrorism in Russia - Page 4 Empty Re: Extremism and Terrorism in Russia

Post  TR1 Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:53 pm

The best measure is a preventative measure.

Not security reactions, but actual systemic change in Dagestan, and Russia as a whole while we are at it.
    It doesn't need to be repeated, but a war torn, criminal and corruption ridden, unemployment sagging area, with a delicious sprinkling of religious resurgence (dangerously of a foreign nature in past decade)....is not a symbol of stability.

All of course a consequence of the USSR's glorious collapse and a continuing tradition of retards in all levels of government.

EDIT: Ha, I was typing that just as Seraphonx wrote his message.

BTW, I feel similarly about this equally absurd "War on Terror" nonsense.

EDIT 2: I still don't think Tu-160 strikes on every House of Saud palace is a bad idea Very Happy
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:19 pm

A short term solution should include cutting off foreign funding for jihadists (these two attacks might have been a Saudi retaliation for Russian support for Assad)

As a long term solution I suggest moving as many Russians to the North Caucasus as possible so that there are 5 Russians for every Chechen/Dagestani and then outbreeding them (making so many kids that the local population gets assimilated and is no longer Muslim). The probable murderous response of the local population will only make the process easier.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:28 pm

You know what, this is my last post on the subject.

But was reading Mp.net (yes yes) asinine discussion of the situation, this caught my eye:

"There was no "heavy handed" approach in both Chechnya wars. Simple military operation, nothing close to NKVD pattern of behavior."

And that, is why "Russians" just don't get it, and never will.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:13 pm

TR1 wrote:"There was no "heavy handed" approach in both Chechnya wars. Simple military operation, nothing close to NKVD pattern of behavior."

Not that I agree with any of the psychos in that thread but I don't really see anything too wrong in this statement; the Chechen war turned out to be very bloody with warcrimes on both sides but it was a military operation meant to restore constitutional order to Russian territory.
    The NKVD after WW2 rounded up every Chechen in Chechnya-Ingushetiya and put them train carriages to Kazakhstan.

There was absolutely nothing like that in the 90s Chechen wars though.
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:28 pm

As Sa'iqa wrote:As a long term solution I suggest moving as many Russians to the North Caucasus as possible so that there are 5 Russians for every Chechen/Dagestani and then outbreeding them (making so many kids that the local population gets assimilated and is no longer Muslim). The probable murderous response of the local population will only make the process easier.

You need medication friend . And I am NOT kidding one bit .
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Sujoy wrote:
    As Sa'iqa wrote:As a long term solution I suggest moving as many Russians to the North Caucasus as possible so that there are 5 Russians for every Chechen/Dagestani and then outbreeding them (making so many kids that the local population gets assimilated and is no longer Muslim). The probable murderous response of the local population will only make the process easier.

You need medication friend . And I am NOT kidding one bit .

What medication?
    To him it's completely normal
    When people all around think and talk in this way - you're more than likely going to end up the same. You're just going to start thinking in this way too and you won't see what's wrong with it at all.
    Unfortunately such new 'ideas' are a result of the 90s, collapse of internationalist ideology and the rise of nationalist politics to replace it. They're prevalent throughout Eastern European society; putting some 19-year old kid on medication ain't gonna help.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:42 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    TR1 wrote:"There was no "heavy handed" approach in both Chechnya wars. Simple military operation, nothing close to NKVD pattern of behavior."

Not that I agree with any of the psychos in that thread but I don't really see anything too wrong in this statement; the Chechen war turned out to be very bloody with warcrimes on both sides but it was a military operation meant to restore constitutional order to Russian territory.
    The NKVD after WW2 rounded up every Chechen in Chechnya-Ingushetiya and put them train carriages to Kazakhstan.

There was absolutely nothing like that in the 90s Chechen wars though.

I guess I consider criminal filtration camps, indiscriminate shelling, mass graves, etc etc a very much heavy handed approach.

We are not setting standards really high if the basis for comparison is Uncle Joe.
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:51 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    What medication?
    To him it's completely normal
    When people all around think and talk in this way - you're more than likely going to end up the same. You're just going to start thinking in this way too and you won't see what's wrong with it at all.
    Unfortunately such new 'ideas' are a result of the 90s, collapse of internationalist ideology and the rise of nationalist politics to replace it. They're prevalent throughout Eastern European society; putting some 19-year old kid on medication ain't gonna help.

Can't disagree with you Flamming . The funny thing is East European countries know all very well that the West promotes Al Qaeda and yet chooses to ignore this fact . They are busy cozing upto the UK and US . Truth is , most Englishmen look down upon these East Europeans as unwanted immigrants .

Last February a similar bomb blasts killed 25 people in Hyderabad[India] . A Pakistani based terror group called Hizbul Mujahiddin took the responsibility. Apparently Obama's drones had bombed the daylight out of these terrorist units in Pakistan and yet they strike .

So what or rather who is causing this . There is obviously more to it than what meets the eye .
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:13 pm

By the way, I don't consider myself a nationalist. More pan-European or pan-Western.
    So what or rather who is causing this . There is obviously more to it than what meets the eye .
    ISI + private donors from rich Arabs + Islamic "charities" all around the world.
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:35 pm

About immigration in Western Europe

I am not here to express my political views but rather in order to gather intelligence.

Having said this I can't but amazed of the idiocy of those so called internationalists who want to put nations on a mixer.
    And I have to say they went too far and managed to carry along this stupidity until the level that you don't see any more
    Englishmen in London or Swiss people in Geneva or until the center of Athens fully occupied by third world illegals.

The plan is so obviously gonna backfire big time, and although shows it's nasty face already they can't resist the temptation to make more profits
    and keep doing what leftists know better than anybody: To create stupid and abnormal ideas, to carry them along with fanaticism,
    to succeed in making societies to accept their stupid ideas beyond any expectation although it is being clear that they pay disproportional price
    and then keep coming back for more until the breaking point like if this was the plan all along.

This is terrible, but at least when all this unfold we will get rid of this leftists and their idiocy for quite some time.
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:47 pm

When the left realizes that supporting multiculturalism no longer guarantees votes, they will be the first ones to reject it. It's just their solution will not be the best one... We do not want the next Holocaust to unfold before our eyes.

I failed to mention that these Islamists in Russia - few as they are but nonenthess - do not want to limit the extent of their (anti)state only to North Caucasus - Volgograd, Stavropol, Krasnodar etc. are on their "wish list".
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:02 pm

Anti-Terrorism Committee says gunmen killed in Nalchik planned murders of officials

On Thursday, the National Anti-Terrorism Committee said a group of six gunmen had been killed in Nalchik, the capital of Kabardino-Balkaria, a large bomb-making laboratory was discovered

MOSCOW, July 24. /TASS/. The militants wiped out during a special operation in Nalchik on Thursday were planning murders of government officials during the celebration of Republic Day in the Russian North Caucasus republic of Kabardino-Balkaria.

"It has been established that the criminals were planning to commit a series of subversive and terrorist acts, including murders of government officials during the celebrations dedicated to Republic Day," the Information Center of Russia’s National Anti-Terrorism Committee (NAC) has told TASS.

On Thursday, the NAC said a group of six gunmen had been killed in Nalchik, the capital of Kabardino-Balkaria. A large bomb-making laboratory was discovered.

"In the course of the counterterrorism operation in Nalchik six gunmen were neutralized and a large laboratory manufacturing home-made explosive devices was discovered," the Anti-Terrorism Committee said, adding that one of the militants was involved in the murder of a department head of the republican Prosecutor’s Office on July 14.

The NAC noted that the gunmen had committed a series of terrorist crimes between 2013 and 2015, including murders and attempted assassinations of law enforcement officers.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:35 pm

Believe it or not, a humor on this tread lol1

Those no good Russian gold diggers!!! angry lol1

Women Con ISIL Recruiters Out of Thousands of Dollars

ISIL better be careful when trying to recruit new members in Russia’s Chechnya. Terrorists hunting for jihadi brides might end up getting hunted by female spammers instead, looking to get easy money from the recruiters.

Three women from Russia's Republic of Chechnya played tricks on ISIL recruiters to pool money out of them.

http://sputniknews.com/russia/20150730/1025210488.html

The women contacted ISIL recruiters online and established contact with their future "victims." Then the Chechen women began talking to ISIL members and sent them their pictures. As the terrorists began drooling over the new female recruits joining them, the women asked for money to travel to Syria. But when the money was received, the women quickly deactivated their online accounts and vanished.

One of the girls, Maryam, said an unknown man from Syria contacted her online. The two started talking. After a while the man asked Maryam to leave everything behind and to come live with the terrorists in Syria, where "things were always good."

"I told him I don't have the money to travel. He then offered to send me 10,000 rubles ($170) using QIWI transfer," Maryam told LifeNews.ru in an interview.

After receiving the money she stopped talking to the Syrian man. Two other ISIL recruiters also contacted her and Maryam managed to convince them to send 15,000 rubles ($250) and 20,000 rubles ($340), respectively. The two other women also scammed ISIL recruiters for several hundreds of dollars.

The women are currently under house arrest awaiting for their charges. What they did qualifies as fraud under the Russian criminal code with a stiff fine being the minimum penalty and up to 6 years in prison as the maximum penalty.

ISIL is an extremist Sunni militant group that currently controls large areas in Syria and Iraq. The group is notorious for its brutality and numerous human rights violations.

The terrorist organization has recruited thousands of foreigners by utilizing social networking websites especially to target young people. The US National Counterterrorism Center estimates at least 20,000 foreign fighters have joined ISIL to date.

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:32 pm

Counter-terrorist operation regime declared in Russia’s North Caucasus

"The regime was imposed at 4am. Search for militants is underway," the spokesperson said

MAKHACHKALA, October 6. /TASS/. A counter-terrorist operation regime has been declared in Dagestan’s Karabudakhkentsky district, a spokesperson of National Anti-Terrorism Committee (NAC) operational headquarters in Dagestan told TASS on Tuesday.

"The regime was imposed at 4am. Search for militants is underway," the spokesperson said.

The Dagestan Republic is part of the North Caucasus Federal District. It also comprises Kabardino-Balkaria, Ingushetia, the Karachay-Cherkess Republic, Chechnya, North Ossetia and the Stavropol Territory.

Reports that have been arriving from Dagestan over the past few months look pretty much like frontline wires: accounts of security sweeps against underground Islamic militant groups have been pouring in alongside news of arrests of high-level republican officials.

"The growing terrorist activity makes the situation still worse. Dagestan over the past few years has firmly held number one place in the North Caucasus as to the scale of activity by underground militant groups", the chief of the Caucasus Studies Centre at the Russian Institute of Strategic Studies, Artur Atayev, told TASS. "The percentage of Salafites who make no secret of their attitude to the federal authorities is very large," Atayev said. Of late, ever more field commanders preferred to vow allegiance not to the Imarat Kavkaz group, but straightly to the Islamic State, which is prohibited in Russia.

According to the National Anti-Terrorism Committee, 243 gunmen were neutralized in Russia last year, including 38 chieftains, 644 militants and their henchmen were detained. Security forces conducted 74 counter-terrorism operations in the North Caucasus , seizing 272 home-made explosives and a significant number of firearms, with 219 criminals becoming subject to criminal penalties.

The most large-scale activities came in 1999, when gunmen of warlords Shamil Basayev and Khattab attacked a settlement in Dagestan's Botlikh region in August, killing 73 people and wounding 259. A month later some 2,000 Shamil Basayev's gunmen crossed the administrative border between Chechnya and Dagestan, occupying several settlements in the Novolaksky district. All terrorists were killed, but federal losses amounted to 243 people.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:27 pm

PapaDragon wrote:Believe it or not, a humor on this tread lol1

Those no good Russian gold diggers!!!  angry    lol1

Women Con ISIL Recruiters Out of Thousands of Dollars

ISIL better be careful when trying to recruit new members in Russia’s Chechnya. Terrorists hunting for jihadi brides might end up getting hunted by female spammers instead, looking to get easy money from the recruiters.

Three women from Russia's Republic of Chechnya played tricks on ISIL recruiters to pool money out of them.

http://sputniknews.com/russia/20150730/1025210488.html

The women contacted ISIL recruiters online and established contact with their future "victims." Then the Chechen women began talking to ISIL members and sent them their pictures. As the terrorists began drooling over the new female recruits joining them, the women asked for money to travel to Syria. But when the money was received, the women quickly deactivated their online accounts and vanished.

One of the girls, Maryam, said an unknown man from Syria contacted her online. The two started talking. After a while the man asked Maryam to leave everything behind and to come live with the terrorists in Syria, where "things were always good."

"I told him I don't have the money to travel. He then offered to send me 10,000 rubles ($170) using QIWI transfer," Maryam told LifeNews.ru in an interview.

After receiving the money she stopped talking to the Syrian man. Two other ISIL recruiters also contacted her and Maryam managed to convince them to send 15,000 rubles ($250) and 20,000 rubles ($340), respectively. The two other women also scammed ISIL recruiters for several hundreds of dollars.

The women are currently under house arrest awaiting for their charges. What they did qualifies as fraud under the Russian criminal code with a stiff fine being the minimum penalty and up to 6 years in prison as the maximum penalty.

ISIL is an extremist Sunni militant group that currently controls large areas in Syria and Iraq. The group is notorious for its brutality and numerous human rights violations.

The terrorist organization has recruited thousands of foreigners by utilizing social networking websites especially to target young people. The US National Counterterrorism Center estimates at least 20,000 foreign fighters have joined ISIL to date.

Give them a medal not prison time, FFS.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:19 am

Yesterday a bunch of pro-rebel Syrians tried to launch a terrorist attack in Moscow, similar to one that happened in Turkey two days ago, but it was thankfully stopped by Russian authorities.

It was predictable that by going to Syria Russia would make itself more of a target for terrorist attacks, as Russia now has a lot more enemies than it did before.

Hopefully Russia will tell the Saudis that Saudi Arabia will be held responsible for any terrorist attacks in Russia and Russia will strike back at them if anything happens.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:51 am

-^^^

This is one thing that russians will have to deal with more and more now, this action is about securing and protecting russia, but by intervening in the middle east it actually puts its citizens in further danger. Much like how britains involvement in afghanistan iraq was about protecting the british people, it actually made them more of a target.

Im not getting into the rights or wrongs of it, but russians should understand that whether they are right or not, this will be the new reality for them. Although, there is no hatred in the middle east for russia like there is for america, so the backlash wont be as strong, but there will be some reaction.
    Project Canada

Post  Project Canada Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:28 pm

thats the problem with muslims, they are easily susceptible to extremist islamic propaganda and thus has the potential to turn into islamic terrorists, Russia should have a plan to suppress growth of islam in russia while promoting the conversion of these muslims into the russian orthodox faith. This doesn't have to be a sudden forceful policy, but a soft and gradual process. converting muslims one at a time, it might take long, but it will surely be beneficial for russia in the long run. they should actively pursue this kind of policy too in russia's near abroad. converting the near abroad into the russian orthodox faith will make their absorbtion into russian federation more feasible in the future russia
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:38 pm

And Russia should also increase punishment for spreading and teaching radical Islam. This is the root cause for the whole problem, having these Islamic "teachers" travel around in the Northern Caucasus and even Tatarstan and spreading extremist ideologies among young people.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:09 pm

They already arrest such mufti's that preach extremism.

Tatarstan isnt a problem, at least not anytime soon. But I agree they need to deal with those extremists that preach. But these days, extremists preach on websites hosted in Finland like Kavkaz center. So your people are also a problem.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:27 pm

The problem with cracking down on those that preach hate is that it justifies their beliefs in the minds of their followers and brings more to the cause. So you cant do it half heartedly like we do here in england. It should be all or nothing, take them all out and let them know if they preach hate they will be taken away and wont be coming back.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:08 pm

ISIS trained suspects planned terror attacks on moscow public transport

https://www.rt.com/news/318380-moscow-terror-suspects-detained/

Several people were detained in a Moscow apartment on suspicion of planning a terror attack in Moscow, Russian news agencies reported, citing the FSB press service. Two of the detained confessed the attack was to be on public transport, the FSB said.
    “It was determined that at a certain address in Moscow six to 11 people have occasionally been, some of them had undergone military training in camps of Islamic State terrorists on Syrian territory and arrived in Russia long before the start of Russian military operation in that country,” the press office of Russia’s Federal Security Service told Russian news agencies.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:37 pm

I wonder, if they will get a free one way ticket to visit Arctic islands, where comrades polar bears will watching them.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:24 pm

1,700 people in Russia in custody for terrorism, extremism — Federal Penitentiary Service

According to Deputy Director of the Russian Federal Penitentiary Service, 546 of them are held in pre-trial detention facilities, the rest — in prison

MOSCOW, October 27. /TASS/. Nearly 2,000 people in Russia are currently in penal colonies and detention centers for terrorist and extremist crimes, Deputy Director of the Russian Federal Penitentiary Service (FSIN) Valery Boyarintsev told TASS at a news conference on Tuesday.

"A total of 1,756 persons are held in custody in the penal system for terrorist and extremist crimes, including 546 — in pre-trial detention facilities, the rest — in prison," Boyarintsev said.

He said that criminal responsibility for the participation in hostilities outside of Russia was added in 2012 to the Russian Criminal Code, but since it was included in the Criminal Code Article 208 — providing for punishment for the organization of an illegal armed group or participation in it, the FSIN does not separate it. "To date, 264 people are in prison for offences punishable under Article 208, including 246 people for membership in illegal armed groups," said the deputy head of the Federal Penitentiary Service.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:28 pm