Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+58
Viktor
chicken
Mike E
AbsoluteZero
POKL
RTN
mutantsushi
Morpheus Eberhardt
magnumcromagnon
Vympel
collegeboy16
zino
macedonian
Werewolf
flamming_python
a89
calripson
zg18
mack8
Mindstorm
SOC
Rpg type 7v
xeno
Austin
ali.a.r
eridan
AlfaT8
Hachimoto
Sancho
TR1
Sujoy
Shadåw
KomissarBojanchev
Zivo
Mr.Kalishnikov47
George1
TheArmenian
Firebird
Kysusha
medo
Bthebrave
Cyberspec
Corrosion
Pervius
Wan2345
GarryB
Andy_Wiz
KRON1
ahmedfire
nightcrawler
Russian Patriot
milky_candy_sugar
Farhad Gulemov
Vladislav
sepheronx
Stealthflanker
Turk1
Admin
62 posters

VVS Russian Air Force: News #1

Viktor
    Viktor

VVS Russian Air Force: News #1 - Page 24 Empty Re: VVS Russian Air Force: News #1

Post  Viktor Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:29 pm

4th Mi-38 and the last preproduction model

Last preproduction Mi-38 is going to LSC
    Austin

VVS Russian Air Force: News #1 - Page 24 Empty Re: VVS Russian Air Force: News #1

Post  Austin Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:40 pm

Take Off Magazine November Issue

http://en.take-off.ru/pdf_to/to28.pdf
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:53 pm

GarryB wrote:
    And that the Pak Fa isn't actually far off the size of the Mig-31.
    The Mig-31 at 50 tons is twice the weight of the PAK FA.

Would you be able to estimate how far a T-50 interceptor could be tuned up to, in terms of top speed?
    Top speed is a fight between installed thrust, and drag. Weight is not so important... a heavier aircraft just takes longer to accelerate.

PAK FA is a very low drag design to allow supercruising, so speed should really be restricted by installed thrust and material resistance to friction heat.

Is there anything that could tweak it to Mach3 or more? Would a 3rd engine - ram/scramjet addon be feasible to boost it?
    A thinner lower drag wing would allow higher speed, but going faster is always very expensive.

Modifying the engines with bypass chambers that at high speed can be used as scramjets could expand the flight performance to enormous speeds but the shape of the wing and nose would need to be modified for the higher speed and of course new materials would need to be used.

My suspicion is that the RuAF think that the "next gen" of hgh speed will be hypersonics. And that its too early to be building a h-sonic interceptor just yet. ie best to solve the missile issues 1st.
    I agree, but I also think that a high speed interceptor can cover more territory more efficiently.

Perhaps the VKKO will spend money where the VVS wont...

-And on interceptors, the question is how far the Pak Fa could be modified to be a super Mig-31 replacement.
    And that becomes another question... will they bother making a cheaper less stealthy PAK FA with increased fuel capacity and increased long range weapon load including conformal and external missiles, or will they just allocate PAK FA to VKKO duty when needed...
    Well the 31 certainly looks a lot bigger than the Pak Fa. But acc to Wiki, (which ok, may be rubbish...) the weights and sizes aren't much different. I think the big one is actually payload - approx 10 vs approx 20 tons?

But, max t-off and empty weights aren't that different. (Expect major modifications anyway...)

So, to me, a conversion of the Pak Fa is a good possibility. It would also be nice to see the Pak Fa state of the art tech really being squeezed for various different things... if feasible.

I wonder if a VERY heavily modified Pak Fa could go much past Mach 3.5? Assuming some exotic materials, stealth reduction, the new engines, maybe scram/ramjet boosters etc?

Altho what I'd really like to see is steps being taken towards hypersonics.. I was reading some intersting (and confusing!) stuff about magneto-plasmo-chemical engines. (Its on Wikipedia in relation to Russia's Ayaks page). To me, thats really what hypersonics are about ie some way of reharnessing the heat generated by air friction..
    Rpg type 7v

Post  Rpg type 7v Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:00 pm

Austin wrote:No point in wasting money on building a dedicated new interceptor to replace Mig-31 , Just modify the PAK-FA as interceptor and give it long range missile of new type to deal with high flying high speed targets.
    So i was right once again...cheers 
    And garry is wrong...as usual .... heheheee tongue 
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:37 am

the weights and sizes aren't much different. I think the big one is actually payload - approx 10 vs approx 20 tons?
    Not sure what figures you are looking at there... PAK FA has a standard loaded weight of less than 30 tons. The Mig-31 has a standard loaded weight that is pretty much the same as its max loaded weight of about 46 tons... its standard weapons are its heavy long range AAMs... and it usually has max fuel weights.

So i was right once again...cheers
    And garry is wrong...as usual .... heheheee
    This is based on information from an interview with the head of the Russian AF.

The AF might want to phase out the Mig-31 and just have PAK FAs all over the place, but what the head of the VKKO might want could easily be something different and he has the budget and power to do something about it.

TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:32 pm

http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20131120/978381874.html

Contract for 16 MiG-29SMTs might be signed soon. All documents ready to be signed for the 2014-2016 deal.

Timeframe implies we might see the first birds as early as next year. Sources claim they are new builds...we will see.
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:52 pm

George1 wrote:MOSCOW, November 20 (RIA Novosti) – The Russian military is getting a total of 67 new combat aircraft this year, an official from the United Aircraft Corporation said Wednesday.

“Sixty-seven new aircraft were slated to be delivered in 2013, and they will all be delivered,” Vladimir Mikhailov, director of military aviation programs at the UAC, said at a roundtable conference on state defense contracts hosted by RIA Novosti.

“The remaining 16 planes will be supplied in December,” Mikhailov said.

The official said the UAC had signed contracts for the purchase of more than 400 combat aircraft for the Russian armed forces under the state rearmament program until the year 2020.

“The annual deliveries will significantly increase year-on-year,” he said.

Russia is currently implementing an ambitious 20 trillion ruble ($640 billion) rearmament program planned to run until 2020.

The program will see the share of modern weaponry in Russia’s armed forces reach 30 percent by 2015 and 70 percent by 2020.

The UAC consolidates Russian private and state-owned aircraft-manufacturing companies engaged in the development, production and sales of military, civilian, transport aircraft.

The Russian government owns a majority stake in the company.
    Any idea of the breakdown per type? Roughly there should be delivered this year 18 Yak-130, 12 Su-30SM, perhaps 10-12 Su-35S, 14 Su-34, 4 MiG-29K, and possibly some Su-30M2 (and perhaps some elusive Su-27SM3, although the things in that regard are confusing)? So far by my estimation have been delivered 15 Yak-130, 10 Su-34, 7 Su-30SM (the first two were delivered in 2012 right?) so the numbers kinda don't match!
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:19 pm

Article say 67 combat aircraft, Yak-130 is a trainer. I think it was said 14 Su-34, 14-16 Su-30SM, 12 Su-35, 4 mig-29K/KUB, so the rest could be a mix of Su-30M2 and Su-27SM3. Anyone know what is a status of Su-25UBM?
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:14 pm

Yes i did forgot (again) about the Su-25UBM. The article seems to suggest though that 51 (!) combat aircraft have already been delivered this year with 16 more to go, but like i said, numbers don't match at all so far, and even more so if the Yak-130s are taken out. dunno 
    calripson

VVS Russian Air Force: News #1 - Page 24 Empty Yak 130

Post  calripson Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:07 am

Yak 130 is considered a "combat aircraft" and is being included in the 67 figure.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:18 am

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/671193.html

Ok so 25 Ansat chopers delivered to MOD to date. Current contract with MOD is for 32 birds...I don't think the 6-per-year delivery tempo is going to see much of an increase.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:18 pm

Until the end of 2013, Russian Army will receive 40 Mi-8AMTSh and Ka-52

More than 40 "Terminator" and "Alligator" will go on until 2014 EAST

10 Mi-35 and Mi-28 delivered to Russian Army

More than 10 combat helicopters Mi arrived in JUVO

Also 4 MIG-29K delivered to Russian Navy

First ship MiGs arrived in the Russian Navy
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:53 pm

VVS Russian Air Force: News #1 - Page 24 GCsrO
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:22 pm

^^^

It look nice in this colors.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:50 am

Three new Yak-130 delivered to Russian Army:kool:  (this is what I like - delivery on a daily basis Very Happy )

Three Yak-130 will join the fleet Borisoglebskaya airbase
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:56 pm

Right, so there should be 18 Yak-130 now, which if i'm not mistaken was the target figure for this year.
    Considering that 4 MiG-29K have been transferred, these 3 Yaks, and reportedly another lot of Su-34 being on the way, and guessing another lot of Su-30SM should go to Domna soon (judging by the picture of 04 black- thanks for that TR1 btw), perhaps the figure of  last 16 aircraft to be delivered in December was not too far off.
    Any idea and especially insider info when is KnAAPO is going to deliver aircraft this year, apart from T-50-5 they haven't delivered a single one? (the Su-35Ss ferried in January were part of the 2012 order no ?)
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:08 pm

Interesting statement from Putin. That would put 400 units of helo/planes in 2 years.

The President said that in the execution of the state defense order in 2013, troops were delivered 86 aircraft and 100 helicopters. In the next year it is planned to put another 120 aircraft and 90 helicopters, reports the words of the president

LINK
    Austin

Post  Austin Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:36 am

Meeting on developing the Air Force

Vladimir Putin held a meeting on developing Russia’s Air Force.

PRESIDENT OF RUSSIA VLADIMIR PUTIN: Good afternoon,

Today we will continue what we started yesterday, namely a discussion about carrying out state defence procurement orders, this time in reference to aviation, military aviation.

Professionals are well aware that the role and importance of aviation has been constantly increasing since the First World War. Today aviation – especially in the light of modern technology – accomplishes military, transport and intelligence tasks. And in this regard we have a large programme to develop our military aviation.

This year 86 new aircraft and over 100 new helicopters were commissioned into our Air Force. Next year we expect a further 120 aircraft and about 90 helicopters, and by 2020 our troops should receive about 1,600 – or more precisely 1,591 – samples of the newest aircraft technology. This is how we plan to equip 70 percent of our fleet with the newest technology.

I want to emphasise once again that we have drawn up the plans and allocated the funds; now we need to work. We need to comply strictly with the production, testing and acceptance deadlines, and monitor the quality. Our main producer in Russia is the United Aircraft Corporation. Today we shall see how harmoniously financing is being allocated, and how synchronously businesses are operating.

What are the things I would like to draw attention to? First, it’s strengthening strategic nuclear airborne forces. We need to step up work on the new prospective air complex for long-range aviation, PAK DA. Our work on the Sukhoi PAK FA, the prospective airborne complex of frontline aviation, is well underway. Several aircraft are being tested, fine-tuned and refined. We are actively working on next-generation propulsion systems. Naturally, some issues remain open, but I have virtually no doubt that our plans will be completed. But we must start working on the PAK DA and do that actively.

Naturally, we have to continue modernising the Tu-160 and Tu-95MS. You know what we have to work on: electronics and other things too. The potential of these systems is far from exhausted. And with regards to long-range aviation, much can be done to modernise and bring this technology to a higher level.

The second issue is increasing supplies of tactical fighter aircraft, I mean the Su-25SM and Su-34, fifth-generation fighters that I have already mentioned.

And the third thing is developing and expanding promising unmanned systems. They are used increasingly often throughout the world. We will not be doing it like some other countries do. This is no game, it is not computer games, but rather serious military aircraft designed for both strikes and intelligence. And it is quite clear that they have good prospects. We must not only think about this, but also make all these plans a reality.

Let’s talk about all these topics.
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:35 pm

Here is a breakdown of what is supposed to be delivered this year:
    http://www.vedomosti.ru/politics/news/19370681/v-vojska-postupit-bolshe-samoletov-chem-obeschaet-putin

Under this plan , said the source , "Vedomosti" , it is planned that the KLA in 2013 put 67 new aircraft : 14 Sukhoi Su-34 ( the last 2 on the contract ends on 32 cars and 14 - on the contract in 2012 to 92 cars) , 12 Su-35S (contracted in 2009 ), 14 Su-30SM (seven units under contracts for 30 cars from March and December 2012 ) , four Su-30M2 (contracted in 2012 ) four deck MiG-29K/KUB 18 trainer aircraft Yak-130 passenger aircraft and one AN-148 .

In addition, companies will be upgraded KLA 10 MiG- 31BM , decked four Su- 33, two strategic bombers Tu-95MS and two Su-27 Su-27SM3 option , the source told "Vedomosti".

But this is not all new and upgraded aircraft that the Air Force plans to deliver . At least two An-140 transport supply is not included in the KLA Samara " Aviacor " LET Czech plant will supply some light transport aircraft L- 410 , and repair aircraft factory in Kubinka put several modernized Su-25 , sources say.

According to a source in the Defense Ministry plans KLA in general feasible , except for deliveries of Su-35S , who can not complete the test.
    Quick question (i'm supposed to work right now!), any idea how many Su-25SM have been delivered or will be this year, and any idea in regards to the supposed hold-up of Su-35S ? Thanks!

Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:05 pm

3.5 TIMES increased production in 2013 thumbsup 

"Tactical Missiles" in 2013 increased production
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:19 pm

News report about Su-30SM arrival!
    http://chita.rfn.ru/video.html?id=8126131&type=r
    calripson

VVS Russian Air Force: News #1 - Page 24 Empty Excellent Production Figures

Post  calripson Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:37 am

As recently as 2009, Russia produced only 7 fixed wing aircraft for its military. This year's figure will be 57...next year more. After years of decay both in capital stock, labor force, and most importantly human intellectual capital, to be able to restore competitivie military high tech prodcution is nothing short of amazing and quite to the chagrin of the "west" which was more than happy to see Russia lose its ability to produce military/high tech goods. (As were most of Russia's pro-western "intellectuals". ) I know, I worked with them in Moscow in the 1990s and one, a literal former rocket scientist, exclaimed how Russia would lose its ability to produce nuclear weapons and that, in his opinion, would be great. (He was the caricature of a Russian liberal - Jewish, fluent in english, and having studied post graduate in the States, made a fortune speculating in vouchers and GKO's). He also hated Putin with a passion. One most give credit to Putin for orchestrating the recovery in Russian miitary production and high tech because certainly under the drunk Boris Yeltsin it was going the way of the dinosaur.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:36 am

I don't see how it is Putin's work at all.

I can think of hundreds of people who would have the same if not better results.
    The country recovered from 90s + oil prices = more money. Not Putin's economic or military genius.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:41 am

I think the information that passed under the radar is the number of simulators delivered to Russian militarty 

In WEST Flight simulators received Mi-28N, Ka-52 and Mi-8 MTV-5
    calripson

VVS Russian Air Force: News #1 - Page 24 Empty Don't Minimize Putin's Contribution

Post  calripson Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:06 pm

Russia had plenty of oil and gas revenue in the 1990s also, the difference is 100% of it was stolen and shipped to offshore bank accounts. I worked in finance in Moscow and I dealt with oligarchs and I saw exactly how it was done. Under Putin, only some of the money gets stolen - not 100% ! That was the essence of the whole Khodorkovsky conflict: he was going to bankroll the Duma to keep oil profit taxes low, privatize Transneft, and sell Yukos to Exxon. You forget what the political situation in Russia was when Putin came into office. Hell, Boris Berezovsky (an agent of British and probably Israeli intelligence) was head of the security council ! Putin is no angel, and he is not perfect, but he could never have gotten into power if he were. The corruption in Russia under Putin was there under Yeltsin and all through Russian history. No one, not even Stalin, managed to stamp that out.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:35 am