Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
sheytanelkebir
DerWolf
Cyrus the great
ExBeobachter1987
Morpheus Eberhardt
TheArmenian
Akula971
OminousSpudd
d_taddei2
Dima
Werewolf
George1
magnumcromagnon
AlfaT8
Project Canada
KoTeMoRe
Solncepek
short_fuze
JohninMK
ult
PapaDragon
Vann7
Backinblack
KiloGolf
flamming_python
Cyberspec
Zivo
iraqidabab
par far
sepheronx
Siempre_Leal
JohnSnow
auslander
BKP
Pirey
wilhelm
Max Italy
Bidoul
Boshoed
Bolt
headshot69
VladimirSahin
kvs
Airbornewolf
Regular
jhelb
sweartome123
whir
mack8
Fred333
Captain Nemo
franco
Walther von Oldenburg
GarryB
zorobabel
Neutrality
Khepesh
Godric
Stealthflanker
SturmGuard
ultron
Karl Haushofer
arpakola
Erk
Acheron
zg18
max steel
Kadmos45
Rmf
Odin of Ossetia
fragmachine
Rodinazombie
76 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

ult

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 28 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

Post  ult Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:47 pm

http://tvzvezda.ru/news/vstrane_i_mire/content/201512082221-fk4m.htm

Last edited by ult on Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 28 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

Post  Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:48 pm

"Black box" from SU24M video.
    ult

Post  ult Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:50 pm

ult

Post  ult Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:00 pm

Better quality. 4 Kalibrs launched by Rostov-on-Don.

ult

Post  ult Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:04 pm

Last edited by ult on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:05 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a Russian strike actually.

Suppose it's 'good' news; at least we wouldn't know for sure that it was a mistake and not someone's idea of a litmus test for some further provocation.

Post  Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:14 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CVuqm2JWoAATv3K.mp4

Enjoy Smile
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:17 pm

WoW -- mass air-attack

ult wrote:http://tvzvezda.ru/news/vstrane_i_mire/content/201512082221-fk4m.htm

A longer version of the same video

Post  Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:25 pm

JohninMK wrote:Makes me smile when one of my forecasts comes true

MOSCOW, December 8. /TASS/. The guided missile cruiser The Vargyag, currently taking part in the joint Russian-Indian naval exercise Indra, will be dispatched to Syria, a source in the Russian contingent taking part in the exercise has told TASS in an interview.

"The guided missile cruiser The Varyag will leave India for Syria, where it will replace the guided missile cruiser The Moskva (project 1164 Atlant), he said, adding that The Varyag’s mission in the area would presumably last till September.

The naval exercise Indra began on December 7. It is scheduled to last till December 12. At the moment the preparatory phase of the exercise is nearing completion. The active phase in the Bay of Bengal is due on December 10-12. Anti-submarine operations will be practiced. Also, the crews will polish skills of freeing a ship seized by hypothetical terrorists. Helicopters will deliver assault groups on board.
    Seems like the MoD is giving everyone a chance to show off what they are actually capable of. Looking forward to the almost inevitable video clip of the Varyag in action. If I could choose what is next, I personally would love to see what an Iskander missile can really do to an FSA/IS target.
    ult

Post  ult Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:25 pm

I literally posted those videos 2 posts ago...
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:26 pm

ult wrote:

I found the location of the strike at 2:15.

Admittedly, I looked for it because I though it could possibly be the location of the US airstrike on the SAA north of DEZ due to the proximity to the river. Fortunately it was in Raqqa.

Here to be exact, ~500ft from a mosque: http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=35.921621&lon=38.978055&z=16&m=b
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:31 pm

ult wrote:I literally posted those videos 2 posts ago...

Sorry I missed them

Zivo wrote:

Admittedly, I looked for it because I though it could possibly be the location of the US airstrike on the SAA north of DEZ due to the proximity to the river. Fortunately it was in Raqqa.

Here to be exact, ~500ft from a mosque: http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=35.921621&lon=38.978055&z=16&m=b

Good work...seems like the right place
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:48 pm

Cyberspec wrote:

Sorry I missed them

Zivo wrote:

A couple of times those sticks of bombs seem to land just a few yards off from where one might have expected them to from the layout of the buildings etc. Kind of what might be expected with dumb bombs designed for area bombing, even with computerised aiming.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:48 pm

flamming_python wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a Russian strike actually.

Suppose it's 'good' news; at least we wouldn't know for sure that it was a mistake and not someone's idea of a litmus test for some further provocation.

From you nothing will surprise me.. you are very quick to blame Russian government
    for anything before accepting any claim the west lies about anything that happens in conflicts they create . I still remember how you blamed Russia for the mH17 plane in ukraine. As if Russia did not have ways to know the difference between a civilian airliner and a combat plane. Rolling Eyes Now the west claims Russia cannot know the difference between Raqqa and a military base
    of the Syrian army. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Vann7 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:49 pm

flamming_python wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a Russian strike actually.

It could, basically because, the few images of that area show flat splash and a lot of fragmentation. However, if really they were scorched by a Tu22M3 and they got a whole rack in their face, the damage would hae been devastating, not 3 dead and 13 wounded. The crane however was directly hit...so. A very weird sequence of events.

Also no fragments from the missiles, ordnance, is even more puzzling.

Post  Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:03 pm

Vann7 wrote:

From you nothing will surprise me.. you are very quick to blame Russian government
    for anything than to claim the west lies about anything that happens in conflicts they create . I still remember how you blamed Russia for the mH17 plane in ukraine. As if Russia did not have ways to know the difference between a civilian airliner and a combat plane. Rolling Eyes
    Calm down Vann. You are not being fair and you know it. If you think that Russia is a untouchable beacon of truth, you have a lot to learn too.

Last edited by Ivan the Colorado on Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:46 pm

russia

Russia Crushes More Than 600 Terrorist Targets in 3 Days - Defense Ministry

As part of Moscow's anti-terror campaign, Russian warplanes have carried out 300 sorties against targets in Syria over the last three days.

http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151208/1031439645/russia-syria-300-sorties.html

"We carried out more than 300 combat missions in Syria in the past three days, hitting over 600 various targets," Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu told Putin.

One video released by the Defense Department shows the massive airstrikes carried out by Long-range bombers.

​Shoigu also said that the air force is strictly implementing Supreme Command's order to carry out combat missions in Syria alongside fighter jets, according to RIA Novosti.

The missions were carried out by Tu-22 long-range bombers and strike aircraft from the Russia air group.

The Russian military has also, for the first time, launched cruise missiles against terrorist targets in Syria from a submarine in the Mediterranean.

"We launched Kalibr cruise missiles from the Rostov-on-Don submarine in the Mediterranean Sea," Shoigu said, adding that the missiles were launched from a submerged position.

​The Defense Minister also added that both Israel and the United States were informed about Russia's missile strikes in advance.

"I can confirm for you that we did get the notification of the airstrikes that were conducted by the Russians," US Defense Department Press Secretary Peter Cook confirmed, speaking to reporters on Tuesday.

Moscow has conducted airstrikes against Daesh in Syria since September 30, acting at the request of the legitimate government of Bashar al-Assad. Russian warships stationed in the Caspian Sea have also launched successful cruise missile strikes against the terrorist group.

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:48 pm

Russian Forces Launch 2,000 Bombs Against Terrorists in Syria

Russian Aerospace Forces have launched some 2,000 aerial bombs in Syria, destroying numerous extremist infrastructure targets over four days, the Russian Defense Ministry said in a statement.

http://sputniknews.com/russia/20151209/1031445116/Russia-strikes-Syria.html

According to the statement, 1,920 bombs were launched against the militants.

"Seventy command centers, 21 training camps, six munitions and explosives plants, 43 munitions depots and six oil objects were destroyed," the ministry said.

Intensified airstrikes from Russian forces have allowed the Syrian army to develop its offensive in key regions, the statement added.

"As a result, the strikes have created the conditions for further offensive action of the Syrian army in cooperation with other armed forces in the areas of Aleppo, Idlib, mountainous Latakia and Palmyra."

DETAILS TO FOLLOW.

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:52 pm

Cyberspec wrote:..............................

A longer version of the same video

Those subs were selling like hotcakes before....after this they will be selling like crack-cocaine. thumbsup russia

Kilo-class indeed...lol1
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:02 am

Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Makes me smile when one of my forecasts comes true

MOSCOW, December 8. /TASS/. The guided missile cruiser The Vargyag, currently taking part in the joint Russian-Indian naval exercise Indra, will be dispatched to Syria, a source in the Russian contingent taking part in the exercise has told TASS in an interview.

"The guided missile cruiser The Varyag will leave India for Syria, where it will replace the guided missile cruiser The Moskva (project 1164 Atlant), he said, adding that The Varyag’s mission in the area would presumably last till September.

The naval exercise Indra began on December 7. It is scheduled to last till December 12. At the moment the preparatory phase of the exercise is nearing completion. The active phase in the Bay of Bengal is due on December 10-12. Anti-submarine operations will be practiced. Also, the crews will polish skills of freeing a ship seized by hypothetical terrorists. Helicopters will deliver assault groups on board.

Seems like the MoD is giving everyone a chance to show off what they are actually capable of. Looking forward to the almost inevitable video clip of the Varyag in action. If I could choose what is next, I personally would love to see what an Iskander missile can really do to an FSA/IS target.

Just a reminder: Serpuhov and Zeleni Dol are to be commissioned on Saturday DEC.12. Both Buyan-M class...
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:41 am

Vann7 wrote:

for anything before accepting any claim the west lies about anything that happens in conflicts they create . I still remember how you blamed Russia for the mH17 plane in ukraine. As if Russia did not have ways to know the difference between a civilian airliner and a combat plane. Rolling Eyes  Now the west claims Russia cannot know the difference between Raqqa and a military base
    of the Syrian army.  Rolling Eyes

First of all - you're on my ignore list

Secondly - the thing is, I'm usually correct. Not all of the time, but 70-80%. So if you don't like what I'm saying, you don't like the probable truth.

Ta!

JohninMK wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:

Sorry I missed them

Zivo wrote:

A couple of times those sticks of bombs seem to land just a few yards off from where one might have expected them to from the layout of the buildings etc. Kind of what might be expected with dumb bombs designed for area bombing, even with computerised aiming.

Hard to say. It might not be the buildings that they were targeting; especially if they were going for area damage against nearby personnel and equipment.
    Those bombs we see dropping are the lightest ones in service AFAIK; they are probably not going to be that effective against buildings (for which different bombs might be used), but will create a lot of fragmentation/shrapnel, and when taking into account their number - they will cover quite a wide area.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:55 am

PapaDragon wrote:Just a reminder: Serpuhov and Zeleni Dol are to be commissioned on Saturday DEC.12. Both Buyan-M class...

The amount and quality in force projection these little ships provide (when combined with Kalibr cruise missiles) is staggering. I can imagine their rotation in the Caspian can be fast and need be they can fire their ordnance/rearm/resupply in the less than 48 hours.

I will use this as opportunity to add something about Turkey attempting to close the straits to RuN. This will have negative short-term effects on the Syria re-supply route, but nothing catastrophic, it will be fixed by e.g. getting 3-4 more ro-ro vessels (> 10,000t) and putting them on rotation from Baltic or Northern Fleet ports.

But it will also have a positive effect too, such as

> Russia already has Moskva out of the Black Sea
    > the Buyan-M if stuck in Caspian or BS can be useful from there (I know through rivers they can eventually reach the sea)
    > no other useful "blue water" vessels are in BS
    > Lastly, Russia can use a blockade as pretext to build a proper Naval Base in Syria, nobody will blame them
    Backinblack

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 28 Empty Syrian Top-5: First-Ever-Used Russian Weapons

Post  Backinblack Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:18 am

Mil.Today has made up a list of the most powerful and up-to-date Russian weapons not used anywhere before the Syrian conflict. Among them is a missile that costs as much as several luxury apartments in Moscow, GLONASS-guided bombs and other feathers in the Russian army’s cap.

http://mil.today/2015/Syria42/
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:07 pm

KiloGolf wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:Just a reminder: Serpuhov and Zeleni Dol are to be commissioned on Saturday DEC.12. Both Buyan-M class...

The amount and quality in force projection these little ships provide (when combined with Kalibr cruise missiles) is staggering. I can imagine their rotation in the Caspian can be fast and need be they can fire their ordnance/rearm/resupply in the less than 48 hours.

I will use this as opportunity to add something about Turkey attempting to close the straits to RuN. This will have negative short-term effects on the Syria re-supply route, but nothing catastrophic, it will be fixed by e.g. getting 3-4 more ro-ro vessels (> 10,000t) and putting them on rotation from Baltic or Northern Fleet ports.

But it will also have a positive effect too, such as

> Russia already has Moskva out of the Black Sea
    > the Buyan-M if stuck in Caspian or BS can be useful from there (I know through rivers they can eventually reach the sea)
    > no other useful "blue water" vessels are in BS
    > Lastly, Russia can use a blockade as pretext to build a proper Naval Base in Syria, nobody will blame them

My bad, I forgot to mention that those two new Buyan-M ships are in Black Sea not Caspian...

And new Russian naval base in Syria goes without saying.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:50 pm

Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:

for anything than to claim the west lies about anything that happens in conflicts they create . I still remember how you blamed Russia for the mH17 plane in ukraine. As if Russia did not have ways to know the difference between a civilian airliner and a combat plane. Rolling Eyes
    Calm down Vann. You are not being fair and you know it. If you don't think that Russia is a untouchable beacon of truth, you have a lot to learn too.

This have nothing to do with calm.. is annoying that every time CNN or Pentagon claims anything the usual people give credibility to their claims without any evidence. and give less weight to any allegation made by Russia military general command. It is absurd. Specially when we know how much the west lies. I guess they also believe Russian SU-24 plane invaded Turkey because erdogan says it ,and that Russia was to blame for its shutdown is totally inverted logic. No  Russia MOD already is saying their radars have evidence of 4 US planes were flying in the attacked zone of the Syrian army at the time of the incident. And the Syrian Army sources have detailed reports of how the whole thing began.. A coordinated attack by ISIS and some forums members lovely USA.  If anyone wants to know what happened in the attack on the Syrian base. the attackers knew very well were Syria supplies warehouses were located. it was not an "accident" but a well coordinated attack. So ignore the trolls in this forum that are always so quick to dismiss any Russian MoD military report and instead give more credit to anything Pentagon or CNN says and read here..

http://syrianperspective.com/2015/12/syrian-army-thwarts-americanisis-attack-on-its-base-in-dayr-el-zor-as-russia-opens-two-airbases-al-waer-ecstatic-after-withdrawal-of-terrorists.html

Last edited by Vann7 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:17 pm