Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+76
Heartbeer
SturmGuard
jhelb
kvs
Admin
calripson
Boshoed
NationalRus
Karl Haushofer
Project Canada
Zhongqing
Hannibal Barca
Osobist
alexZam
ExBeobachter1987
Walther von Oldenburg
Neudorfor
Monarchist
ATP_77
Kimppis
Shadåw
T-44
Dima
par far
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
whir
OminousSpudd
JacquesdeMolay
The Ottoman
The Mule
Book.
HUNTER VZLA
George1
Stealthflanker
Chersonesus
Khepesh
iraqidabab
Neutrality
franco
higurashihougi
Relapse
Flyboy77
Cyberspec
Siempre_Leal
GarryB
sheytanelkebir
medo
Vann7
Erk
VladimirSahin
smerch24
zg18
flamming_python
mack8
x_54_u43
Zivo
sepheronx
Werewolf
Cucumber Khan
magnumcromagnon
JohninMK
auslander
Godric
Akula971
KoTeMoRe
max steel
zorobabel
Regular
Hachimoto
Rodinazombie
Viktor
d_taddei2
ult
Morpheus Eberhardt
PapaDragon
Solncepek
80 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

Post  Guest 06/10/15, 07:59 am

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=755_1443992329

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2 - Page 12 Rbk-1

Apparently use of RBK-500-SPBE-D.

And abit more about it:

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

Post  Guest 06/10/15, 08:04 am

Khm.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality 06/10/15, 08:10 am

CNN, quoting an official in the Pentagon, reports that there's a high chance Russia might start a ground operation in Syria.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/05/politics/russia-ground-campaign-syria-isis/
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK 06/10/15, 08:18 am

Neutrality wrote:CNN, quoting an official in the Pentagon, reports that there's a high chance Russia might start a ground operation in Syria.

Clearly that must be what that reliable intel source, the social networks, are saying. Probably related to the 150000 conscripts that will be battle trained in a couple of weeks.

Yes there will be a ground offensive, its already started, but it will be Syrian and Iranian ground troops that put the 'activists' to the sword, so to speak.

No way Putin is going to risk his reputation with RuA troops going home in body bags when he doesn't have to.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo 06/10/15, 08:20 am

http://tvzvezda.ru/news/vstrane_i_mire/content/201510051955-wnyr.htm

Some Russian planes in Syria get their start back on their tails and wings. I hope soon all of them will get their stars back.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK 06/10/15, 08:25 am

medo wrote:http://tvzvezda.ru/news/vstrane_i_mire/content/201510051955-wnyr.htm

Some Russian planes in Syria get their start back on their tails and wings. I hope soon all of them will get their stars back.
    Big red stars one hopes. It will help Turkish and other pilots id them as Russian. Never could understand the reason for low observability markings.
    The Ottoman
    The Ottoman

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2 - Page 12 Empty Russian violation of Turkish airspace

Post  The Ottoman 06/10/15, 08:25 am

Moscow informs Ankara about Russian plane incident — Turkish PM

World October 05

ANKARA, October 5. /TASS/. Russia has informed Ankara about the incident concerning the violation of Turkey’s airspace by a Russian aircraft, Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu told the Haber Turk TV on Monday.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2 - Page 12 300px-Sukhoi_Su-34,_Russia_-_Air_Force_AN1646787

"We had diplomatic contacts in connection with the incident. Our position is clear: if anyone violates our borders or airspace, they get a warning from us in a friendly way. Russia is our neighbor and friend," the prime minister said.

"No tensions occurred in this context between our countries. The Syrian crisis is not the Turkish-Russian crisis," he said.

Earlier in the day, the Russian side said it respects Turkey’s borders and will not allow such incidents in future, the prime minister said.

"Our rules of responding to threats of violating borders are similar for all the countries, either the planes of Syria or Russia. The armed forces have clear orders and they will react no matter who is concerned and from where the threat of violating the airspace comes," Davutoglu said.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Monday Russia would verify the information on the alleged violations of Turkey’s airspace by a Russian fighter aircraft.
    "As for this incident, our ambassador was indeed summoned to the [Turkish] Foreign Ministry, a note was handed over [to him]," he said. "It mentions certain facts, which will be checked.".

http://tass.ru/en/world/826285
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon 06/10/15, 08:27 am

Humor time:

A ballistic intercontinental motorcycle  lol1

From freakin' DoD  Razz

http://www.defense.gov/News-Article-View/Article/621755/airstrikes-continue-against-isil-targets-in-syria-iraq

Airstrikes Continue Against ISIL Targets in Syria, Iraq

From a Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve News Release

SOUTHWEST ASIA, October 4, 2015 — U.S. and coalition military forces have continued to attack Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists in Syria and Iraq, Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve officials reported today.

Officials reported details of the yesterday’s strikes, noting that assessments of results are based on initial reports.

Airstrikes in Syria

Fighter, bomber, ground-attack and remotely piloted aircraft conducted six airstrikes in Syria:

-- Near Hasakah, three strikes struck three separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed three ISIL structures, two ISIL fighting positions and an ISIL motorcycle.

-- Near Raqqah, a strike struck an ISIL tactical unit.

-- Near Mara, a strike destroyed an ISIL excavator.

-- Near Washiyah, a strike damaged an ISIL excavator..........................

Edited out unfortunately:

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2 - Page 12 CQhOrH0UAAA-0iE
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2 - Page 12 CQhMnI2WcAEEnN7

lol1 lol1 lol1
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2 - Page 12 CQfApwDUwAAtdGC
    Knock-knock...
    Whose there?
    Five...
    Five who?
    Four...
    Four what?
    Three...

EDIT:

Translated:
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2 - Page 12 CQk0PL_WIAAH4-b

Last edited by PapaDragon on 06/10/15, 08:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx 06/10/15, 08:28 am

Glad that both Turkey and Russia resolved it in a very mature manner.

That said, doesn't Russia's jets have Glonass? Because Su-24M with the SVP-24 has Glonass.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK 06/10/15, 08:30 am

Also wrong photo at the link, that's not a Su-30.

Its all sorted now between Turkey and Russia, it was an accident, pilot made a mistake and has had his hand smacked, all cool.

But now US/NATO who were not involved, are banging on about it.

EDIT

Comments removed, couple of posts added to this thread by Mods.

Last edited by JohninMK on 06/10/15, 09:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander 06/10/15, 08:30 am

Neutrality wrote:CNN, quoting an official in the Pentagon, reports that there's a high chance Russia might start a ground operation in Syria.

Made the mistake of opening CNN.Good gawd, no wonder US is fornicated!
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon 06/10/15, 08:42 am

lol1 Epic post from the Russian Embassy in the UAE:

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2 - Page 12 CQfwkI2WwAALwwn
    Solncepek
    Solncepek

Post  Solncepek 06/10/15, 08:45 am

Interview with former Syrian Air Force officer: Did the Israeli F-15s, if there is C-300 at the air base and other

October 5, 2015

We publish the first part of an interview with a former officer of the Syrian Air Force. He is now a well-deserved military retirement after almost mortally wounded Jamal lives near the airbase "Hmeymim" where forces of Russia are based. By coincidence, he knows a lot about the events that happen around the airbase.

- Jamal, hello, I'm glad that we got in touch with you, the situation that is emerging in Syria is very interesting, and maybe it's the end of the war?

- Hi, yes, I too am glad perhaps even more than that Russian brothers came to help, very sorry that I can not make war with the Russian aces.

I do not know about the interesting, but what the people once again believe in the victory of the army believed in the victory over the terrorists from LIH, I can guarantee.

- Please tell me what you know about the events of the Russian training operation in Syria?

- All I know at the time I was still in the ranks. After that, the post where I came from random circumstances of the terrorist attack was committed. And now I'm in a wheelchair. And I'm a pilot, and not struck in the sky.

Russia began to shift technique in Latakia, long before September 29. The first machines for airport security came back in mid-August. It was a shell, APC, Lynx. Then came the crews were deployed EW machines, other equipment. The Russian army was not involved in the fighting. All this speculation. The entire contingent of the Russian Federation was transferred exclusively to security airbase. But I must admit that Russia borrowed some techniques to drive out militants from nearby areas. Who is protected by the air base is very serious, and there is MLRS and machine EW and air defense short-range and medium-range.

- There is a C-300 or possibly C-400?

- No, these systems I personally have not seen. Perhaps they are, but were taken after me.

- Some Arab blogs I read that Russia eliminated the leader of the Army of Islam, you know anything about this?

- No, first time I hear. I think if it was true, then I would have known exactly, and Syrian media have written. But it was not about anything.

- Thank you dispel some news stuffing. And what about the Russian combat fighters with Israeli F-15s during the night of 1 October 2?

- It was. It was a violation of air space by Israeli F-15 fighters. Israelis feel in the sky as the Syrian hosts, I can tell you as a former Air Force pilot Syria. It's awful annoying. But nothing we could do about it, Syria is no long-range air defense, and Israel walked around protected areas.

- What were they doing in Syria that night?

- Just answer the question, I can not possibly explore, find out the degree of protection Hmeymim airbase. The fact that they were moving towards Lattakia, that's for sure. But why? The only thing that I can say, as soon as they stopped the Syrian border in the air were raised by the Russian Su-30 fighters. After that, the whole Israeli aircraft went sharply to the west to the sea and turned to the south.

- Was there a fight? I mean, you have the Su-30 aim at the F-15?

- No, the Su-30 was still far. Most likely the Russian fleet, contact the pilot F-15 and reported raised in the air of Su-30. After all of that area is now covered by the Russian Navy.

- And the last question today, just this afternoon, there was a message from the militants, they launched an attack on the airbase, where Russian forces are based, such an attempt really was?

- Ha ha. Well, as you say. Yes and no. You know, they drove a jeep with rockets, like even three to destroy them. Driven, put them at a distance, that Russian could not get it. Well, imagine, there's an air base covered with artillery and MLRS powerful systems, not that nonsense that Jeep is the militants. If they are within reach of it did, they would be covered at once. No, they were shooting in the direction of the air base, but from this distance, even if Allah had helped them, the Rockets would still not reached. But Allah helps Assad. Once they have made a start, they were noticed by the closest Syrian checkpoint and artillery strikes of Syrian army destroyed them. That's the whole story.

- Thank you, Jamal, I hope we will continue the practice of discussing the news from Syria, the media and blogs are now very much injected with information that unfortunately can not be check out.

- Asleep, brother.

The second discussion, we plan to record today or tomorrow, discussing the events of Turkey and others.

Post  Guest 06/10/15, 09:03 am

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2 - Page 12 ZDxtMLZ

Meanwhile on twitter.

Source: https://twitter.com/NTarnopolsky/status/651115845683314693

Her source: http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/russians-moving-artillery-ground-forces-hama-syria-n438801

"A senior defense official has told NBC News that the Russian military has been moving artillery and ground forces towards Hama — one of the locations that the Russians targeted in the first 24 hours of their airstrikes.

"So much for fighting ISIS," the defense official said."
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec 06/10/15, 09:39 am

Regarding the incident with the unidentified MiG-29, Interfax is reporting it was actually a Su-30

http://militarynews.ru/story.asp?rid=1&nid=391372

"A senior defense official has told NBC News that the Russian military has been moving artillery and ground forces towards Hama — one of the locations that the Russians targeted in the first 24 hours of their airstrikes.

I think they're confusing the Syrian Army with the Russian Army
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK 06/10/15, 09:45 am

Cyberspec wrote:Regarding the incident with the unidentified MiG-29, Interfax is reporting it was actually a Su-30

http://militarynews.ru/story.asp?rid=1&nid=391372

I think they're confusing the Syrian Army with the Russian Army
    If the 'activists' in Syria pick it up it will probably increase levels of panic, desertions etc., as they would reasonably believe that the Russians would just roll over them, no mercy. Perhaps not what the Pentagon intended when it briefed NBC.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 06/10/15, 09:48 am

Neutrality wrote:
    Solncepek wrote:Russia must work with, not against, America in Syria
    The Russian naval and air presences in Syria are vulnerable, isolated geographically from their homeland. They could be “disarmed” if they persist in provoking the US. But, better still, Russia might be persuaded to act with the US in seeking a wider accommodation to a regional problem that transcends the interests of a single state.

With all due respect to the man's reputation but how is he so certain about the US "disarming" a Russian base? One look at the map and it should be clear who's going to come up with a much harsher response if it comes down to provocations. This accentuates the core logic of American geopolitics. Notice how he mentions a military option before the "common interests" option? They didn't shoot at Russian paratroopers in Pristina airport, they didn't respond when the Russian navy was ramming their ships in the Black Sea and I'm positive they won't lift a finger in Syria. All talk but no walk.

Yeah the security advisor can fuck off and go to hell.. Russia will not support Illegal and Criminal proxy war in Syria.. If he thinks NATO can "disarm" Russia airbase.. they should go ahead and start doing it.. that will make things more easier for Russia because RUssia will have a legitimate right to take the fight directly to NATO states violating internationals laws ,supporting terrorism and responsible for the misery of millions.. Is people like him.. the only reason why this world is the way it is.. Arrogant ,neoliberals.. that really see themselves as superior to the rest of the world and that have the right to go and bomb nation and nation and remove governments as they please .. Notice how the imbecile the only thing he is worried is about the image of United States.. lol1 They care nothing about the millions of lives they destroying in the world.. If it wasn't for the many good Americans that exist there ,most of population.. i will have welcome Russia to drop its entire nuclear arsenal there.. to get rid of such imbeciles and such fascist mentality in the world.

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx 06/10/15, 10:12 am

Great thing that Russia placed electronic warfare systems in their Syrian airforce base  Add in the Pantsirs and possible Oka's, I don't think NATO is going to do anything, especially when they have no legal right to be in Syria in the first place.  And what are they going to do? Send in ground forces to disband the base?  I am pretty certain the SAA will end up engaging said ground forces and would end up as a total clusterf***.

It is a bunch of old people talking BS, as it was obvious after someone whom posted that it was Zbignew or whatever his stupid name is. Which his statements come as no surprise. As well, it is a massive bluff. US/NATO know they cannot do jack shit regarding the base and Russia's position. They know doing so would escalate a conflict to something beyond they can try to hide from their own population. Especially if the Russians engage.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular 06/10/15, 10:22 am

Nato ground forces in Syria? Where they would come from?" Turkey?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx 06/10/15, 10:23 am

Regular wrote:Nato ground forces in Syria? Where they would come from?" Turkey?

Exactly.

So this Zbignew or whatever is clearly retarded. But then again, many people were calling him out on his stupidity for decades.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular 06/10/15, 10:28 am

sepheronx wrote:

Exactly.

So this Zbignew or whatever is clearly retarded.  But then again, many people were calling him out on his stupidity for decades.
    Nato will bark and caravan will move on. The better Russians performe, the more allies will squeal. Only thing that makes me worry would be SA anti air weaponry.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx 06/10/15, 10:30 am

Regular wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

Exactly.

So this Zbignew or whatever is clearly retarded.  But then again, many people were calling him out on his stupidity for decades.
    Nato will bark and caravan will move on. The better Russians performe, the more allies will squeal. Only thing that makes me worry would be SA anti air weaponry.

Manpads are a threat to the helicopters. Not the other aircrafts.

And if found out even more, I bet Russia would love to help those houthi's.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 06/10/15, 10:37 am

The incident with the MIG-29 is a completely different one..from the airspace violation..
    Syrian Airforce since 2011 have a couple of dozen migs-29 ,this is a common plane in many eastern NATO countries.. even israel have a few migs-29. Apparently according to Pro Syrian Media sources.. The Syrian Airforce was bombing in Syria territory ,near turkey border ,when they saw the Turkey F-16s getting close to them and they do a lock on their jets. to push them out.. It is worth to notice ,something that NATO secretary bastard do not mention is that Turkey have attacked several times and shotdown Syrian Airforce on Syrian Airspace whenever it bomb the terrorist in Syrian Border.. from memory ,No less that 2 combat jets and 1 hellicopter from Syrian airforce have been shot down by TUrkey inside Syria airspace.. including one mig-29.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2 - Page 12 1395852_444779722309796_2026004806_n

Syrian Air Force
    March 25, 2014 ·

Report on the MiG-29 and Turkish shoot down
    While bombing terrorist targets inside Syria, a Syrian MiG-29 came under radar lock from a Turkish F-16, which proceeded to fire two AMRAAM air to air missiles. The pilot decided to eject when the first missile hit. This represents the first lost of a MiG-29 for Syria in any war and was a very serious act of war by the Turkish military.
    We've been authorised to declare that any Turkish aircraft that approaches Syrian jets, whether in international airspace, or in so-called Turkish airspace over occupied Iskenderun will be locked on to. Should these jets turn on their radar systems, they will be fired on with air-to-air missiles and destroyed.
    The aim of Turkey in these attacks is to scare the Syrian air force to deploy over the very sensitive area north of Latakia, but these aims have failed and the ugly face of the Turkish air force has revealed itself, they too are the enemies of Syria. We are vindicated in our decision to shoot down the various jets and drones that have approached or violated our airspace

Turkey and Israel have been attacking Syrian airforce whenever it get close to its borders.
    effectively both countries were supplying a buffer zone for Alqaeda and ISIS inside Syria airspace where Syrian Airforce could not operate without being attacked..

Syria have migs-29 before the conflict began..but they are from old generation and apparently
    Russia have been upgrading them.. with modern sensors and radars and software to use
    high precision weapons.

https://www.facebook.com/SyrianAirForce

Also Syria government also ordered about 10 Mig-29sm/sm2 since 2013 , so it is possible
    you will also see them in the near future.. if not already operating. It is really amazing
    how Syria have been in a major war with all its neighbors and NATO since 2011 ,with half of the population refugee .. and with International sanctions and still with some support of Russia and IRAN ,they manage to keep their economy going.. just last week President Assad increased the salaries of all government employees. and gave them tax free exceptions.

Post  Guest 06/10/15, 10:49 am

sepheronx wrote:
    Regular wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

Exactly.

Manpads are a threat to the helicopters.  Not the other aircrafts.

And if found out even more, I bet Russia would love to help those houthi's.

Actually MANPADs can be used effectively aganist varios types of jets on takeoff and landing, or during bombing runs especially those flying CAS missions like A10 or SU25. Stinger FIM-92E which is majority of US stocks atm has range nearly 8.000m that is not unsignificant asset when they atm have only ZSU-23.

Adding this in edit:

Naturally people often confuse "Max range" with "maximum altitude", range is 8000m but altitude is 3500-3600m.

Last edited by Militarov on 06/10/15, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK 06/10/15, 10:55 am

Sorry about the size of this post but I felt that the text needed to be archived here rather than in a link that may vanish. Mike Whitney is a top class analyst who is always worth reading. This time he has really nailed what Putin is doing in Syria. I hope you enjoy the read, it is well worth the time.

For more than a year, the United States has been playing patty-cake with an army of homicidal maniacs who call themselves ISIS. On Monday, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced that he’d had enough of Washington’s song-and-dance and was planning to bring a little Russian justice to the terrorist militias that had killed 225,000 Syrians and ripped the country to shreds. In language that could not be more explicit, Putin said to the General Assembly: “We can no longer tolerate the currents state of affairs in the world”. Less than 48 hours later, Russian bombers were raining down precision-guided munitions on terrorist strongholds across western Syria sending the jihadi vermin scrambling for cover.

That’s how you fight terrorism if you’re serious about it. Bravo, Putin.

Putin’s blitz caught the entire western political establishment flat-footed. Even now, three days into the air campaign, neither the administration nor the policy wonks at the many far-right think tanks in Washington have even settled on an approach, much less a strategy, to developments on the ground. What’s clear, is that Putin’s action has surprised everyone including the media which to-this-day hasn’t even settled on it’s talking points.

This is extraordinary. Ask yourself this, dear reader: How can our political and military leaders watch Moscow deploy its troops, warplanes and military hardware to a theater where the US is carrying out major operations and have absolutely no plan of how deal with those forces if they are sent into battle?

If you are convinced, as I am, that we are governed by numbskulls, you will certainly find confirmation of that fact in recent events.

But while the Obama administration is frantically searching for a strategy, Putin’s air-squadrons are unleashing holy hell on the sociopaths, the head-choppers and the other assorted vipers that comprise the Islamic State. And Mr. Putin is getting plenty of help too, particularly from the crack-troops in the Iranian Quds forces and from the ferocious militia that defeated the IDF in two separate conflicts, Hezbollah, the Army of God. Check this out from Reuters:

“Hundreds of Iranian troops have arrived in Syria in the last 10 days and will soon join government forces and their Lebanese Hezbollah allies in a major ground offensive backed by Russian air strikes, two Lebanese sources told Reuters….

“The (Russian) air strikes will in the near future be accompanied by ground advances by the Syrian army and its allies,” said one of the sources familiar with political and military developments in the conflict….

“The vanguard of Iranian ground forces began arriving in Syria: soldiers and officers specifically to participate in this battle. They are not advisors … we mean hundreds with equipment and weapons. They will be followed by more,” the second source said. Iraqis would also take part in the operation, the source said.”

(“Assad allies, including Iranians, prepare ground attack in Syria: sources“, Reuters)

A military alliance between Moscow, Tehran and Hezbollah?

You’re darn tootin’, and you can thank Barack Obama and his lunatic regime change plan for that development.

Many critics of Putin’s action have said that “He doesn’t know what he’s doing” or “He’ll get bogged down” or “It’ll be another Vietnam”.

Wrong. The fact is, Putin is more a devotee of the Powell Doctrine than any of the morons at the Pentagon. And he is particularly mindful of Rule Number 5 which states: “Is there a plausible exit strategy to avoid endless entanglement?”

Has Putin thought about that or has he merely blundered ahead impulsively like US leaders are so apt to do? Here’s what he said on September 30:

“We naturally have no intention of getting deeply entangled in this conflict. We will act strictly in accordance with our set mission. First, we will support the Syrian army only in its lawful fight against terrorist groups. Second, our support will be limited to airstrikes and will not involve ground operations. Third, our support will have a limited timeframe and will continue only while the Syrian army conducts its anti-terrorist offensive.”

Bingo. In other words, he’s going to bomb these jokers into oblivion and let Quds brigade and Hezbollah mop up afterwards. There will be no Russian boots-on-the-ground. The Russian airforce will get precise intelligence on ISIS locations from Syrian agents on the battlefield which will minimize civilian casualties and limit damage to critical infrastructure. It will also make mincemeat out of anyone on the receiving end of the bombardment. Does anyone seriously believe that ISIS and the disparate rabble of “moderate” throat-slitters that receive CIA funding are going to be able to withstand this impending onslaught?

No way. Putin’s going to cut through these guys like a tornado through a trailer park. Yes, ISIS has had some success against the bedraggled Iraqi and Syrian armies. But now they’re up-against the A Team where they are clearly out of their league. Rolling up these cutthroats is going to take a lot less time than anyone figured.

Russian bombers are already destroying ammo dumps, fuel depots, heavy military hardware, command posts, anything that enhances ISIS’s ability to wage war. The new anti-terror coalition is going to cut supply lines and hang the jihadis out to dry. And the whole operation is going to be wrapped up before Uncle Sam even get’s his boots laced. This is from Iran’s Press TV:

“A senior member of Russia’s parliament says an ongoing air campaign by Moscow against militants operating in Syria is going to intensify. Alexei Pushkov, who serves as the chairman of the Committee for International Affairs at the Russian State Duma, said Friday that Moscow will be intensifying its attacks against the militants in Syria while studying the risks associated with an extensive operation.

“There is always a risk of being bogged down, but in Moscow, we are talking about an operation of three to four months,” Alexei Pushkov said, Reuters reported.

Russia started to launch coordinated airstrikes on the positions of militants in Syria on Wednesday. The move came shortly after members of the Russian upper house of the parliament, the Federation Council, authorized the operations in Syria.” (Press TV)

There’s not going to be any pussyfooting around. Putin’s going to go straight for the jugular and then head for the exits.

Do you think they’ve figured this out at the White House yet? Do you think they understand that Iranian troops and Hezbollah are not going to distinguish between the “moderate” terrorists and the “extreme” terrorists; that they’re simply going to “kill them all and let God sort it out”. Do you think they realize that Washington’s Middle East policy just collapsed and that the funding of jihadis and dreams of regime change just ended for good? Do you think they grasp that Washington’s role as guarantor of global security has just been transferred to Vladimir Putin who has put himself and his country at risk to defend the fundamental principles of international law, national sovereignty and self determination? Here’s Putin again:

“We are supporting the government of Syria in the fight against a terrorist aggression. We are offering and will continue to offer it necessary military-technical assistance. We must continue a dialogue for the sake of reaching consensus. But it’s impossible to achieve real success as long as bloodshed continues and people don’t feel secure. We won’t achieve anything until we defeat terrorism in Syria.”

Putin is leading a coalition in the fight against terror. We should all be grateful for that.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/10/02/putins-lightning-war-in-syria/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 11/05/24, 03:36 pm