Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Share
    avatar
    NationalRus

    Posts : 630
    Points : 639
    Join date : 2010-04-11

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  NationalRus on Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:49 pm

    Godric wrote:
    marat wrote:Tornados are not older then Su-24.

    actually quite a few have fallen out the skies in recent years and our Tornados have done a lot more flying hours than the Russian SU-24s and the last Tornado built was 1998 the bulk of the RAF's fleet was built in the 1980s

    but to be fair all of RAF's Tornado fleet got mid life upgrade in 1993 to GR4/GR4A standard snd is now in the moment 59 Tornados are going trough another upgrade mostly in avionics

    http://www.shephardmedia.com/news/defence-notes/farnborough-tornado-will-go-out-style/

    while as i understand till now no Su-24 in syria operated by VVS is a M2 upgrade of 2000 but a M upgrade of 1979...
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7177
    Points : 7457
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:57 pm

    NationalRus wrote:
    Godric wrote:
    marat wrote:Tornados are not older then Su-24.

    actually quite a few have fallen out the skies in recent years and our Tornados have done a lot more flying hours than the Russian SU-24s and the last Tornado built was 1998 the bulk of the RAF's fleet was built in the 1980s

    but to be fair all of RAF's Tornado fleet got mid life upgrade in 1993 to GR4/GR4A standard snd is now in the moment 59 Tornados are  going trough another upgrade mostly in avionics

    http://www.shephardmedia.com/news/defence-notes/farnborough-tornado-will-go-out-style/

    while as i understand till now no Su-24 in syria operated by VVS is a M2 upgrade of 2000 but a M upgrade of 1979...

    I am not 100% sure but the Su-24M2 upgrade was proposed by sukhoi which never came to be due to costs and instead, the Su-24M's got a different upgrade - overhaul of frames and engines but key part was the SVP-24 Gefast & T upgrade. For some reason Wiki has it as M2, but I never saw an actual indication name for this particular upgrade. With M2 being different.
    avatar
    Airbornewolf

    Posts : 358
    Points : 420
    Join date : 2014-02-05

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  Airbornewolf on Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:16 pm

    Khepesh wrote:Well, there seems not to be a thread for this specifically, but here as it does involve what we all know to be the truth about Syria and Russia. UK TV journalist after finishing his live broadcast, then off air but still recorded, gives the real news. Hilarious, but it really is the truth that they never get to tell the public.

    this was priceless!. shared it all over my FB and send it to a dozen others.

    thanks for sharing Khepesh!.
    avatar
    Solncepek

    Posts : 277
    Points : 280
    Join date : 2015-08-27
    Location : USSR

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  Solncepek on Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:38 pm

    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5895
    Points : 5960
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:39 pm

    Oooops, the British have been summoned to the headmaster's study.

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) — According to the ministry, the military attache said, he had no information on the issue and would provide an official reply in the nearest future.

    "Today, the military attache at the British Embassy in Moscow was summoned to the Russian Defense Ministry, where he was handed a note with a request to provide official explanations on information, published in the British media, citing high-ranking sources in the Defense Ministry of the country, on alleged directives to use weapons against Russian aircraft 'in case of threat to their lives,' received by Royal Air Force pilots," the statement read.

    Earlier, a UK defense source told the Daily Star Sunday tabloid that British and NATO pilots reportedly had been given a clearance to shoot down Russian jets over Iraq.

    UK defense sources stressed that RAF pilots have been told to avoid contact with Russian jets "at all costs," but warned the pilots must be prepared to attack Russian jets "if their lives depend on it."


    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/politics/20151011/1028358438/uk-clarify-permission-down-russian-planes.html#ixzz3oH3g6CHq
    avatar
    Stealthflanker

    Posts : 802
    Points : 882
    Join date : 2009-08-04
    Age : 30
    Location : Indonesia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  Stealthflanker on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:08 pm

    So British will start bombing Syria or not ?

    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1152
    Points : 1224
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  auslander on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:08 pm

    JohninMK wrote:Oooops, the British have been summoned to the headmaster's study.

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) — According to the ministry, the military attache said, he had no information on the issue and would provide an official reply in the nearest future.

    "Today, the military attache at the British Embassy in Moscow was summoned to the Russian Defense Ministry, where he was handed a note with a request to provide official explanations on information, published in the British media, citing high-ranking sources in the Defense Ministry of the country, on alleged directives to use weapons against Russian aircraft 'in case of threat to their lives,' received by Royal Air Force pilots," the statement read.

    Earlier, a UK defense source told the Daily Star Sunday tabloid that British and NATO pilots reportedly had been given a clearance to shoot down Russian jets over Iraq.

    UK defense sources stressed that RAF pilots have been told to avoid contact with Russian jets "at all costs," but warned the pilots must be prepared to attack Russian jets "if their lives depend on it."


    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/politics/20151011/1028358438/uk-clarify-permission-down-russian-planes.html#ixzz3oH3g6CHq

    Methinks somebody's nether regions will be a bit tender through the morrow.
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2917
    Points : 2951
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  franco on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:08 pm

    Airbornewolf wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:Well, there seems not to be a thread for this specifically, but here as it does involve what we all know to be the truth about Syria and Russia. UK TV journalist after finishing his live broadcast, then off air but still recorded, gives the real news. Hilarious, but it really is the truth that they never get to tell the public.

    this was priceless!. shared it all over my FB and send it to a dozen others.

    thanks for sharing Khepesh!.

    I actually find that you get more truths from their (reporters) twitter comments to each other then the scripted editor controlled version. A major attack on democratic values from the "man"!
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5895
    Points : 5960
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:14 pm

    Stealthflanker wrote:So British will start bombing Syria or not ?

    Difficult to call on that one. Needs the approval of Parliament which does not really like illegal acts. It said no the last time.
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3651
    Points : 3762
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  kvs on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:16 pm

    Neutrality wrote:Something that comes to mind.

    Let's take the tragedy in Turkey yesterday in which many people were killed. If I'm allowed to speculate I'd say that the Kurds are going to be blamed for this massacre. Why? Because Turkey realizes that a Kurdish autonomy/de facto nation in Northern Syria is unavoidable and it's time to do something about it while it's not too late. I believe Erdogan is afraid that as soon as Western Syria -all the way to the Turkish border- is liberated by the SAA, that Assad is going to strike a deal with the Kurds to establish a true Kurdistan in that region. This could also mean that Erdogan, if he's really going for that option, is going to better arm Assad's "moderate" opposition under Turkey's air force protection.

    Last part is doubtful if you consider the heavy Russian AA defenses in Syria.

    Blaming the Kurds for the attack on the peace demonstrators is pure Orwellian newthink. This is the same meatheaded BS as ascribing the
    MH17 downing to Russia. What f*cking motive would either have for committing such an atrocity? Just to conveniently offer up the NATO
    MSM "proof" of their evilness? I refuse to abide by the NATO propaganda machine downplaying of motive. Motive is the root of action and
    it is clear that there are parties in Ukraine, Turkey, Syria and elsewhere who have plenty of motive to stage false flag attacks to advance
    their agendas. The NATO MSM would have everyone forget this inconvenient truth.
    avatar
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3335
    Points : 3427
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  flamming_python on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:21 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Regular wrote:
    Kedmi, ex Mossad guy speaking about Russia. Sry only in Russian


    That Jewish accent is Horrible, looks like French people learnt Russian.

    He doesn't have a Jewish accent at all, pure Russian - it's just he uses some Israeli mannerisms; like a kinda Hebrew way of talking and phrasing some things - but in Russian. But his actual accent and pronunciation isn't Israeli.
    He talks a little funny in this video but that's probably coz he has a cold or sinus blockage or something.
    avatar
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3335
    Points : 3427
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  flamming_python on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:38 pm

    Neutrality wrote:Let's see the balls on those RAF pilots when they come face to face with SU-30s. Tornadoes are not exactly air superiority fighters. Their Typhoons would be better suited for that role. All talk and no walk again.

    It would be foolish to underestimate the RAF; like the rest of the British military they are constantly underbudget, but tend to get things done.

    I think Russia would be wise to deploy extra anti-aircraft systems and air superiority fighters if there is a real danger of confrontation; the Russian MoD would certainly not underestimate any threat and would take whatever measures are necessary. But my inkling is that it was simply unfortunate wording by British sources.
    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2959
    Points : 2988
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  max steel on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:41 pm

    Airbornewolf wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:Well, there seems not to be a thread for this specifically, but here as it does involve what we all know to be the truth about Syria and Russia. UK TV journalist after finishing his live broadcast, then off air but still recorded, gives the real news. Hilarious, but it really is the truth that they never get to tell the public.

    this was priceless!. shared it all over my FB and send it to a dozen others.

    thanks for sharing Khepesh!.

    Jonathan Pie is a satirist
    avatar
    Kimppis

    Posts : 502
    Points : 506
    Join date : 2014-12-23

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  Kimppis on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:49 pm

    Those British tabloids are fucking HORRIBLE. They are just publishing massive amounts of misinformation (that's what you can call it) about Syria and Russia. Clickbait headlines, quoting "anonymous experts" (and it seems that often they are just making it all up), ridiculous overdramatizations... JUST STOP!

    "The Russians have started bombing ISIS: The terror group might get destroyed within hours!!!" Seriously... hours!? WTF?

    "Turkey shoots down a Russian jet!!!!" No Russian MIG-29s in Syria? Who cares! No reactions from Turkey or Russia? Doesn't matter, gotta get those clicks!

    "RAF Tornados are ready to shoot down Russian planes!!!" Which to me just seems a very dramatic and politically incorrect way to say that the British planes in the region have been equipped with air-to-air missiles, just in case.

    And the problem is that that is working perfectly for them. That BS is spreading like wildfire and the articles are getting massive amounts of shares.

    flamming_python wrote:But my inkling is that it was simply unfortunate wording by British sources.

    Exactly!
    avatar
    Solncepek

    Posts : 277
    Points : 280
    Join date : 2015-08-27
    Location : USSR

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  Solncepek on Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:11 pm

    Latest development :

    Mil 28 "Night Hunter" (NATO class "Havoc") arrived in Latakia.

    update : for the moment its only twitter info...


    Last edited by Solncepek on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    zg18

    Posts : 885
    Points : 959
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  zg18 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:27 pm


    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun May 27, 2018 3:26 am