Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+76
Heartbeer
SturmGuard
jhelb
kvs
Admin
calripson
Boshoed
NationalRus
Karl Haushofer
Project Canada
Zhongqing
Hannibal Barca
Osobist
alexZam
ExBeobachter1987
Walther von Oldenburg
Neudorfor
Monarchist
ATP_77
Kimppis
Shadåw
T-44
Dima
par far
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
whir
OminousSpudd
JacquesdeMolay
The Ottoman
The Mule
Book.
HUNTER VZLA
George1
Stealthflanker
Chersonesus
Khepesh
iraqidabab
Neutrality
franco
higurashihougi
Relapse
Flyboy77
Cyberspec
Siempre_Leal
GarryB
sheytanelkebir
medo
Vann7
Erk
VladimirSahin
smerch24
zg18
flamming_python
mack8
x_54_u43
Zivo
sepheronx
Werewolf
Cucumber Khan
magnumcromagnon
JohninMK
auslander
Godric
Akula971
KoTeMoRe
max steel
zorobabel
Regular
Hachimoto
Rodinazombie
Viktor
d_taddei2
ult
Morpheus Eberhardt
PapaDragon
Solncepek
80 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

Post  Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:51 am

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2 - Page 9 CQdlviMWUAArBcu

Now one rare and amusing Very Happy 9A91 in Syria.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2 - Page 9 Atacka_npo_aeg_9091
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:07 am

PK-AS and the guy has blocked the stock with the sight.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:19 am

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2 - Page 9 7Scb9RO

Karusha-4 Electronic Warfare system in Syria
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:27 am

sepheronx wrote:Karusha-4 Electronic Warfare system in Syria

Didn't expect to see that there...but it's great news

Post  Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:33 am

sepheronx wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2 - Page 9 7Scb9RO

Interesting, question is, what da hell is it doing there. After all its main goal is to disrupt various types of radars.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:35 am

Militarov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #2 - Page 9 7Scb9RO

Interesting, question is, what da hell is it doing there. After all its main goal is to disrupt various types of radar emmiters.

Well, there were "rumors" of Israeli F-15's patrolling near the Latakia borders. True or not, this is clearly going to be used to disrupt potential enemy aircrafts patrolling near the airfield. And since it will be obtaining a ton of energy so it will fry enemy electronics for sure.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:38 am

Militarov wrote:
    Zivo wrote:

Well if i had to guess. i counted 28 smokes, which means 30 bomblets.

Which brings us to only two possible conclusions:

RBK-500-375 with x30 AO10SCz filling

To me, it looks like the Su-24 dropped multiple bombs.

Too small explosions to be separated warheads of significant yield.

I mean at 8-10 seconds, when the camera is looking at the Su-24. If you watch carefully in full screen, you can see what appears to be ordinance being dropped.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:44 am

sepheronx wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Interesting, question is, what da hell is it doing there. After all its main goal is to disrupt various types of radar emmiters.

Well, there were "rumors" of Israeli F-15's patrolling near the Latakia borders.  True or not, this is clearly going to be used to disrupt potential enemy aircrafts patrolling near the airfield.  And since it will be obtaining a ton of energy so it will fry enemy electronics for sure.

Lel, forget ISrael, think about Turkey.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:49 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Well, there were "rumors" of Israeli F-15's patrolling near the Latakia borders.  True or not, this is clearly going to be used to disrupt potential enemy aircrafts patrolling near the airfield.  And since it will be obtaining a ton of energy so it will fry enemy electronics for sure.

Thats the point. Regardless of whom it is, it will screw with their radar. I too would be much happier to have such equipment nearby protecting the airfield.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:59 am

Regarding that unidentified "bomb"... by the look of it... the pointed nose and rounded rear I think it might be a 152mm artillery shell... and by the look of the contents I suspect it might be a round developed by the Russians and Bulgarians to jam radio networks behind enemy lines for brief periods.
    ult

Post  ult Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:13 am

Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:18 am

Are some people in the Russian MOD reading what I'm saying on this forum? Laughing Just a day ago I talked about creating a giant ECM shitstorm in the region.
    Akula971
    Akula971

Post  Akula971 Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:55 am

Neutrality wrote:Are some people in the Russian MOD reading what I'm saying on this forum? Laughing Just a day ago I talked about creating a giant ECM shitstorm in the region.

I would not be surprised if it were so lol.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:15 pm

Akula971 wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:Are some people in the Russian MOD reading what I'm saying on this forum? Laughing Just a day ago I talked about creating a giant ECM shitstorm in the region.

I would not be surprised if it were so lol.
    The quality of the news and especially the analysis here would ensure that they are, also, being in English all the Western agencies, especially military, should be regular visitors.

Posters here will be monitored as well.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:20 pm

Yes, and Karl_Hoffenhower is Mr. Putin himself(on troll mode)
    By the way You think that Russia should expand their operations? Look at the effects of 20 sorties per day, will it be enough to change the tide?
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:27 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

Thats the point.  Regardless of whom it is, it will screw with their radar.  I too would be much happier to have such equipment nearby protecting the airfield.
    It is likely that one of the objectives of this type of gear, along with the Su-30SMs, is to keep US/NATO/IAF ELINT assets as far away as possible without disclosing the full capabilities of Russian ECM. They have to be a bit careful about impacting civilian air traffic but following MH-17 it is likely that they should be well away from the area.

This news and the video link are now on Sputnik

The state-of-the-art Russian electronic warfare system Krasukha-4 has reportedly been deployed in Syria. The Russian military has deployed its mobile, ground-based electronic warfare system Krasukha-4 in Syria, according to footage placed on Russia's Zvezda news network.

At the beginning of the video (the 6th second), which shows a Russian-made Su-25 landing at a Syrian airfield, a characteristic set of antenna devices is visible in the background. These could be the Krasukha-4 system, Zvezda reported.

Yes, it looks to be part of the airfield protection system, unless it is just located there for its own safety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQtsEvAYBWk

Put into service in 2013, the Krasukha-4 is a broadband multifunctional jamming station, which is based on a BAZ-6910-022 four-axle-chassis. The system has a range of 300 kilometers and is designed to counter airborne early warning and control systems and other airborne radar arrays.

The Krasukha-4's range allows it to effectively disrupt low Earth orbit satellites and cause permanent damage to targeted radio-electronic devices. Ground-based radars are also a viable target for the Krasukha-4 system.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/world/20151005/1028033057/syria-russia-electronic-warfare-systems.html#ixzz3nghmRqpm

Last edited by JohninMK on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:29 pm

JohninMK wrote:Posters here will be monitored as well.

That's a bit of stretch. I'd be flattered and sad at the same time. Flattered for the obvious reasons and sad because someone's wasting his time monitoring me and government's money.
    Chersonesus

Post  Chersonesus Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:42 pm

[quote="Akula971"][quote="Neutrality"]Are some people in the Russian MOD reading what I'm saying on this forum? :lol: Just a day ago I talked about creating a giant ECM shitstorm in the region. [/quote]

I would not be surprised if it were so lol.[/quote]

September 29: Russia building an A2/AD Bubble over Syria/Levant

http://pennyforyourthoughts2.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/russia-building-a2ad-bubble-over.html

General Breedhate, the NATO wrmonger said

"Anti-access/area denial, or A2/AD, is a growing problem ... The northernmost danger zone or “bubble” is the oldest, based out of the Russian enclave of Kaliningrad between Poland and Lithuania ... Kaliningrad is a large platform for A2/AD capability ... [Since] their occupation of Crimea, Russia has developed a very strong A2/AD capability in the Black Sea ... Essentially, their [anti-ship] cruise missiles range the entire Black Sea, and their air defense missiles range about 40 to 50 percent of the Black Sea.”

Ignore the Breedhate bs about occupation. It clearly indicates the ZioNazis are worried about Russia's capabilities.

Edit: bah, something wierd happened with the quoting.

Last edited by Chersonesus on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bah, something wierd happened with the quoting.)
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:48 pm

Neutrality wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Posters here will be monitored as well.

That's a bit of stretch. I'd be flattered and sad at the same time. Flattered for the obvious reasons and sad because someone's wasting his time monitoring me and government's money.
    When the US Government is happy to use social media publicly as an Intel source, I think you would be safe betting your life savings on them monitoring a site like this, where there is actual Intel on Russian assets, in English as a bonus so the 'raw data' can be shown straight up the chain.

It could well be good use of time as well as, with the virtually simultaneous availability of some information on the Internet to all, analysis on here can be as fast as anywhere. The Intel cell in CENTCOM would probably be hard pushed to match some of the detail knowledge of some posters here.

Plus don't forget the 'key word' matching built into the Internet is going to be triggering on here all the time.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:01 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    When the US Government is happy to use social media publicly as an Intel source, I think you would be safe betting your life savings on them monitoring a site like this, where there is actual Intel on Russian assets, in English as a bonus so the 'raw data' can be shown straight up the chain.

It could well be good use of time as well as, with the virtually simultaneous availability of some information on the Internet to all, analysis on here can be as fast as anywhere. The Intel cell in CENTCOM would probably be hard pushed to match some of the detail knowledge of some posters here.

Plus don't forget the 'key word' matching built into the Internet is going to be triggering on here all the time.

It does make sense if you put it that way. This place is probably a goldmine when some posters here translate Russian sources to English. Russian radio chatter comes to mind.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:15 pm

Confirmation that the RuAF is operating right on the Turkish border.

I suppose if its OK for Turkish F-16s to overfly Syria to attack the Kurds, and ISIS of course, then it must also be OK for Su-25s to overfly Turkey to attack ISIS.

The Turkish Foreign Ministry has summoned Russian Ambassador to Turkey Andrey Karlov over an alleged violation of Turkish airspace by a Russian warplane, the ministry said in a statement Monday.

ANKARA (Sputnik) – According to the statement, a Russian warplane violated Turkish airspace in the province of Hatay near Syria on October 3. The aircraft left Turkish airspace after being intercepted by two Turkish F-16 fighter jets.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/world/20151005/1028027560/turkey-russia-airspace.html#ixzz3ngt7LqlJ
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:26 pm

Vann7 wrote:more news... from witness this time..

by @Rus.Lang  at syper

Insight from friends living in south Russia:
    Many trains, not even hiding with tanks\apc\trucks in desert coloring day and night passing in direction of Black Sea. I don't know what is it, ground operation, or help with equipment for SAA? Anyway, i guess there still will be surprises.

This must have been happening since at least the start of August when the sea supply link to Syria was seriously upgraded. The six or so large landing ships in use now transport a large amount of 'stuff', from tents and crates of ammo to tanks and trucks. Trains are often the best way to get them to the ports. Probably supplied under some kind of Lend Lease scheme.

Anyone thinking that the RuA will be in action in force had better check for the Ro-Ro ferries to arrive in the Black Sea. Could be a long wait.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:35 pm

Interfax quotes one of Duma's members saying he thinks it's very likely that volunteers from Donbass will appear in Syria to fight against ISIS.

http://www.interfax.ru/russia/471231
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:38 pm

More like SPN-3/4 or SPN-30 to me.

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:50 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:

More like SPN-3/4 or SPN-30 to me.

Looks to be on the wrong truck to be a SPN-3,4,30

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-REB-Systems.html

What would we do without ausairpower.net?

Seems to be pointing up the line of approach, which looks to be North.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:51 pm