Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+59
Strizh
x_54_u43
Kimppis
Rodinazombie
Project Canada
Bolt
Cucumber Khan
Siempre_Leal
OminousSpudd
Heartbeer
Monarchist
Cyberspec
Walther von Oldenburg
Stealthflanker
Algerian Major
VARGR198
Akula971
Zivo
marat
victor1985
zorobabel
Prince Darling
NationalRus
Manov
franco
Morpheus Eberhardt
Neutrality
ult
Book.
GarryB
d_taddei2
mack8
ultron
Shadåw
higurashihougi
ExBeobachter1987
Dima
Flyboy77
Vann7
iraqidabab
TheArmenian
max steel
flamming_python
Werewolf
Solncepek
medo
zg18
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Max Italy
par far
magnumcromagnon
sepheronx
KoTeMoRe
Khepesh
PapaDragon
JohninMK
mutantsushi
George1
HUNTER VZLA
63 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

ultron

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 10 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

Post  ultron Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:43 pm

Would be good if they send some Ka-52s to blast those TOW teams.
    zg18
    zg18

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 10 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

Post  zg18 Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:50 pm

marat wrote:Any info about artilery unit? What guns they deployed?

Probably D-30 unit.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:54 pm

ultron wrote:Would be good if they send some Ka-52s to blast those TOW teams.
    You don't need Ka's for that job. Just listen long enough, break a lead, send a fast mover. Level the area. Don't forget the Soviets would wipe out MILAN teams with infantry, it requires monitoring, something a "dictatorship" like Syria should have focused on since forever. Yet there's very little large area coverage, bar fixed stations.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:04 pm

This week's weather forecast for Syria: Heavy rain

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 10 Syria-Latakia-Airbase-Satellite-Sept-20-092115-B%20%281%29
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:06 pm

Russia send Hinds (Mi-35?) for that role and they will be same effective. I hope Russia will send there some Tos-1 complexes. They show their effectiveness in Iraq.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:26 pm

medo wrote:

Russia send Hinds (Mi-35?) for that role and they will be same effective. I hope Russia will send there some Tos-1 complexes. They show their effectiveness in Iraq.

IMO, Russia should limit itself to air operations. At least until it has a foothold, both strategically and diplomatically. Cobble together a legitimate anti-ISIS coalition first, then drop in the heavy weapons. Don't repeat the mistakes the US made in Iraq.

Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:29 pm

Dima wrote:

Khepesh,

You mean to say something?
    Said it, then deleted it. Only about status of the alleged action by marines at Latakia and the source, but it became cloudy....
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:38 pm

SA-22 anti-aircraft guns not to hit western planes but to mark their signatures for better weaponry

No telling what Nettanyahu and Putin really talked about, but you can get the gist of how this was going by the pre-meeting PR and official statements afterwards:

From DefenseNews:

“We know that the Syrian Army is in a situation where it is unable to open a new front. Our main purpose is to defend the Syrian state,” Putin told Netanyahu prior to heading into extensive talks on implications of the Russian buildup at Israel’s north.

Putin: you got your wish and mostly destroyed Syria - just like you did in Lebanon. Time to back the fuck off, Bibi. We ain't playin' here.

According to a transcript released by Netanyahu’s office, Putin said he understood the Israeli leader's concerns and was “very happy you came to discuss every issue in detail.”
    Putin: You're trip was a waste of time, you terrorist-supporting psychopath. Go back home and patch up some more al Nusra in your Golan hospitals and send 'em back - our troops need the target practice.

In his opening remarks, Netanyahu — accompanied by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) chief of staff and head of Israeli military intelligence — expressed concern that Iran and Syria are arming Lebanese-based Hezbollah with the purpose of opening a new front against Israel from the Syrian side of the Golan Heights...

“As you know, in recent years, and especially in the past months, Iran and Syria are arming an extreme Islamic terror organization, Hezbollah, with advanced weaponry,” Netanyahu said.

Putin: New front? They've been kicking your ass in the Golan for decades. And they get all the advanced weapons they need off the dead U.S.-supplied ISIS and al Nusra fucks you send over. Maybe you and your coalition pals should stop supplying them with advanced weaponry, then Hezbollah would have nothing to strip of their corpses? Hezbollah has warehouses of TOW-2As. Maybe you should complain to your little bitches in the U.S. congress, not Russia.

He reiterated Israel’s policy of responding to attacks emanating from Syrian soil and preventing transfers of advanced weapons from reaching the hands of Lebanese Shiite forces fighting alongside Iran in support of the Moscow-backed Assad regime.
    Netanyahu: We like to be able to violate Syrian airspace with impunity to attack filthy Iranian-backed Shiites and your ally, Syria.

Hezbollah, Netanyahu noted, “has already fired upon us over the years thousands of missiles and rockets against our cities.”
    Putin: HEY, asshole... I'm not a stupid American. Don't cry to me about non-existent missile attacks.

As for Iran, an increasingly close ally of Moscow that trains, funds and equips Hezbollah as a forward front against Israel, Netanyahu said the Islamic Republic, “under the protection of the Syrian Army, is trying to build a second terror front against us in the Golan.”

“Our policy is to thwart transfers of these weapons and to prevent creation of a terror front against us from the Golan territory,” he said.
    Putin: What a f'king coincidence. We're trying to help our ally Syria fight a terror front operating from the Golan territory. Know anything about it, bitch?

Putin, according to the Israeli readout of opening remarks, condemned shelling and mortar attacks on Israel from Syrian soil, which he said were carried out by “home networks.” That term, when translated from Russia, distinguishes homemade weaponry from industrial grade weaponry.
    Putin: You're being attacked by sugar-motor homemade rockets, crybaby.

The Russian leader told his guest, “Every action of Russia in the region has always been very responsible.”
    Putin: We've been tolerant until now. Stay the fuck out of Syrian airspace or Russia might be forced to act less-than-responsibly.

He highlighted the many emigrants from the former Soviet Union now living in Israel as having “special significance” on the bilateral relationship.
    Putin: Thanks for taking our trash, but we'll still smoke your ass if you piss us off.

And this from NBCNews:

A U.S. official told Reuters that U.S.-Israeli coordination allowed the allies to share classified technologies for identifying Russian aircraft over Syria: "We know how to spot them clearly and quickly," the official said.

Netanyahu: We'll try to be careful and not accidentally shoot down any Russian jets, but accidents will happen.

Putin: That would be the last 'accident' your shitty little country ever makes, Bibi. Here's the deal: We will automatically blow away any aircraft from any nation violating Syrian airspace, so don't send any of yours over. Ever. And you'll never know if a Syrian aircraft is actually Syrian or Russian, so don't fire on any in Syrian airspace ever again. Down a Russian drone or aircraft or kill a Russian pilot, and the least of your worries will be Hezbollah and a few sugar rockets. I think we're through here - security will show you out
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:39 pm

US officials have confirmed is in Syria as of now: 28 combat aircraft including 12 Su-25s, 12 Su-24s & 4 Flankers (Su-27s or Su-30s), up to 20 helicopters split of Mi-24 Hind attack & Mi-15 Hip transport copters, and up to 9 tanks.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:42 pm

Well that was tense for a successful visit. thumbsup
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:58 pm

we will cut ISIS from the neck
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:38 pm

Zivo wrote:
    medo wrote:

IMO, Russia should limit itself to air operations. At least until it has a foothold, both strategically and diplomatically. Cobble together a legitimate anti-ISIS coalition first, then drop in the heavy weapons. Don't repeat the mistakes the US made in Iraq.

Russia is in legitimate anti-ISIS coalition with Syria, Iraq and Iran. But I agree, they should invite China too.
    ult

Post  ult Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:54 am

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 10 RE6RuhZ

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 10 TRyP7pJ
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 10 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:20 am

its good to see them ramping up the support, Su-24 and Su-25 are ideal for this type of conflict, now all they need now is TOS-1A, Tulpan, 2S7, 2S23 Nona-SVK, 2S31 Vena, and some BMP-3 and your ready to go. Very Happy
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:26 am

d_taddei2 wrote:its good to see them ramping up the support, Su-24 and Su-25 are ideal for this type of conflict, now all they need now is TOS-1A, Tulpan, 2S7, 2S23 Nona-SVK, 2S31 Vena, and some BMP-3 and your ready to go. Very Happy

i would suggest some Tu-95 with 8-10 FOABs and ISIS will be vanished

Last edited by George1 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:31 am

George1 wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:its good to see them ramping up the support, Su-24 and Su-25 are ideal for this type of conflict, now all they need now is TOS-1A, Tulpan, 2S7, 2S23 Nona-SVK, 2S31 Vena, and some BMP-3 and your ready to go. Very Happy

i would suggest some Tu-95 with 8-10 tzar bombs and ISIS will be vanished

Is that some kind of tongue and cheek humor?
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:35 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    George1 wrote:

i would suggest some Tu-95 with 8-10 tzar bombs and ISIS will be vanished

Is that some kind of tongue and cheek humor?

FOABs i would like to say, corrected
    ult

Post  ult Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:35 am

On the way there.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 10 IuHEwQW

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 10 UNk9K1F

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 10 Y8ZGzeD

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 10 I4ck5BO
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:25 pm

With those airframe numbers do we know where their home base is? AAM but no external fuel tanks so are these 'back from a local flight' pictures?
    Akula971
    Akula971

Post  Akula971 Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:18 pm

I dont mean to jump to any conclusion here guys but i just came across this article suggesting S300 / S400s are already in Syria. I am not 100% sure but i will post it.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 10 0_13e342_9cb792c4_XL

The system does look like a S300

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 10 S-300pmu-battery-ll

My question is - Did Iran get its S300s delivered already ?

The article claims a lot of other things too but I am not sure.

Article :
    http://norg-norg.livejournal.com/118387.html
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:23 pm

Akula971 wrote:I dont mean to jump to any conclusion here guys but i just came across this article suggesting S300 / S400s are already in Syria. I am not 100% sure but i will post it.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 10 0_13e342_9cb792c4_XL

Article :
    Nothing public AFAIK on Iran. Highly likely the upgrade at Latakia included protective SAM of some type, we await the photo's with interest. Also I would expect the SAMs to gradually 'spread ' their coverage over as much of the RuAF operating area as possible. They do not know if someone will do something stupid. Like the IAF having another go in Syria.
    Akula971
    Akula971

Post  Akula971 Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:28 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Akula971 wrote:I dont mean to jump to any conclusion here guys but i just came across this article suggesting S300 / S400s are already in Syria. I am not 100% sure but i will post it.

Article :
    Nothing public AFAIK on Iran. Highly likely the upgrade at Latakia included protective SAM of some type, we await the photo's with interest. Also I would expect the SAMs to gradually 'spread ' their coverage over as much of the RuAF operating area as possible. They do not know if someone will do something stupid. Like the IAF having another go in Syria.

I did find the source :
    https://twitter.com/finriswolf

Its pretty shady. Pro-FSA. I am guessing its a fake. Sorry for posting it guys ! Should have double checked.
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:25 pm

George1 wrote:

i would suggest some Tu-95 with 8-10 FOABs and ISIS will be vanished

1 FOAB can take out 1 stronghold possition like base or entranchment or a hill position, so to have a impact we would need like 70 FOAB's (and that onyl to have a impact) and who is going to PAY for that shit? Syria? Obama??

drones, 8 TOS-1, ~16 T-90's, 30 BTR-82, 8 Mi-28N thats more then enough to take out any FSA/DAESH front one at a time with ease

specialy in desert area (palmyra front) the Mi's combined with special forces in night operations will bring valhalla and fight till deir ez zur in 2-3 days
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:52 pm

"Russia in Syria: Did Putin just clip Israel's wings?"

http://news.yahoo.com/russia-syria-did-putin-just-clip-israels-wings-145309020.html

Edmund Black Adder:  Very cunning! You may capture the eagle, but you cannot clip its wings!

(The guards chat some more)

Guard#1: By the way, how's that eagle of yours?

Guard#2: Oh, fine, fine. Mind you, I had a bit of trouble to start with, but, now I've clipped its wings, no problem!

lol1 lol1 lol1

For the record, I like Israel myself due to shared (and tragic) history between Serbs and Jews but yeah, lately they have grown a bit too big for their britches. A notch or two down would be advisable...   Cool
    ult

Post  ult Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:00 pm

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 10 JNN6xZj

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:50 am