Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+56
calripson
Morpheus Eberhardt
magnumcromagnon
navyfield
collegeboy16
Hannibal Barca
Vann7
zg18
Dima
Arrow
Mindstorm
Notio
SU-41
AlfaT8
Flanky
NationalRus
Flyingdutchman
xeno
Hachimoto
eridan
dino00
KomissarBojanchev
Cyberspec
Mr.Kalishnikov47
psg
TheRealist
harsh
Shadåw
Sujoy
medo
coolieno99
gloriousfatherland
flamming_python
Firebird
TheArmenian
TR1
George1
GarryB
ahmedfire
runaway
Pervius
PAVN
nightcrawler
Serbia Forever 2
Russian Patriot
IronsightSniper
Austin
Farhad Gulemov
KRON1
sepheronx
Viktor
Jelena
Stealthflanker
RuStepan
Vladislav
Admin
60 posters

Russian Navy: Status & News #1

GarryB
    GarryB

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #1

Post  GarryB Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:23 am

cool Cool
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Russian Navy: Status & News #1 - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status & News #1

Post  Cyberspec Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:07 am

Apparently it's not confirmed yet since the original source is the unreliable Izvestia. It could be the Sarov undergoing repairs instead of a new sub.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:28 am

So apparently the Project 971 modernization will include a new Sonar complex, command/control/info system, among other updates.
    Austin

Post  Austin Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:00 pm

TR1 wrote:So apparently the Project 971 modernization will include a new Sonar complex, command/control/info system, among other updates.

Source my dear friend ? Smile
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Austin wrote:
    TR1 wrote:So apparently the Project 971 modernization will include a new Sonar complex, command/control/info system, among other updates.

Mina, a poster (former Navy guy) on Balancer's.

He is kind of a dick, but knows his stuff Smile.

http://forums.airbase.ru/2012/12/t60022,41--podvodnye-lodki-proekta-877-i-636.1576.html#p3008468
    Austin

Post  Austin Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:41 am

TR1 wrote:
    Austin wrote:

Mina, a poster (former Navy guy) on Balancer's.

He is kind of a dick, but knows his stuff Smile.

http://forums.airbase.ru/2012/12/t60022,41--podvodnye-lodki-proekta-877-i-636.1576.html#p3008468

Sounds good and on expected line , they plan to bring Akula to 4th Gen standards if they suceed then it would be a significant achievement and longer life for the boats.

Any idea on the official number they plan to upgrade ?
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:25 pm

http://www.aviaport.ru/news/2012/12/17/245758.html

First An-140 for VMF delivered.

This is the 3rd bird from the MOD contract for 11 birds. A follow on contract for 15 birds may be signed in the next 3 months.
    Austin

Post  Austin Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:31 pm

The basis of the conventional forces of the Russian Navy will make submarines and nuclear-powered cruiser

Core group of strategic non-nuclear deterrence forces (SNA) to the Navy in 2020 will amount to multipurpose nuclear submarines (SSNs), Project 885 nuclear-powered surface 949 and cruisers Project 11442, told reporters on Wednesday, Chief of the Russian Navy, Admiral Viktor Chirkov .

Head boat project 885 is a submarine "Severodvinsk", which will be put into service in 2013. Multipurpose Project 949 - this is the third generation of submarines, one of these boats was sunk in 2000 submarine "Kursk".

Currently, the only being in the battle of the Navy cruiser Project 1142 is "Peter the Great", but money allocated for the modernization of the other ship of this project - the "Admiral Nakhimov".

"The basis of the group of forces SNA Navy, equipped with long-range precision weapons, in the medium term will make nuclear submarine project 885M, modernized nuclear submarine project 949M and heavy nuclear-powered missile cruiser Project 11442" - said Chirkov.
    Austin

Post  Austin Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:59 am

Chirkov: Russia to Build Aircraft Carriers and Unmanned Subs

Batch production of prospect aircraft carriers will start in Russia after 2021, and construction of fifth-generation strategic nuclear-powered subs will begin after 2030, said Russian Navy Commander-in-Chief ADM Viktor Chirkov.

"In the period of 2021–2030, combat capability of general-purpose naval force should be enhanced by batch production of prospective aircraft carriers, fourth-generation nuclear-powered attack submarines, multipurpose seagoing and littoral-zone warships", reports RIA Novosti citing Viktor Chirkov.

Presently, Russian Navy operates only one aircraft carrier, Admiral Kuznetsov. Chirkov pointed out that mass production of fifth-generation strategic subs would begin after 2030.

"In 2021-2030, along with keeping on scheduled replacement of overaged ballistic missiles submarines with new fourth-generation ones, it is necessary to kick off works on prospective fifth-generation strategic submarines, and to launch their mass production after 2030", Chirkov said.

As for him, Russian Navy now operates third-generation nuclear-powered subs that will be replaced with Borei- and Yasen-class fourth-generation submarines by 2020.

At the same time, Chirkov pointed out that Russian Navy command was planning to launch batch construction of unmanned submarines and sea robots after 2020.

"After 2020, we anticipate a shift to large-scale production of stand-alone unmanned submarines and sea-based robot systems, development of special sea bottom equipment deployed from various underwater platforms", he said.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:10 pm

http://www.balancer.ru/sites/c/s/cs403021.userapi.com/v403021977/782f/yl4i0GnxY0o.jpg

Vertical rudder on Monomakh is much shorter than on previous 955s.

http://www.balancer.ru/sites/m/i/militaryrussia.ru/i/284/338/wJ6sO.jpg

What is this almost complete submarine nearby? Probably Kazan...a much faster pace of construction than Boreiis if so.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:01 pm

Supposedly issues with gun mount have been worked out, but I have seen no recent photos.

Zvezdochka hands the Verkhotyrye back to the fleet after 2 year overhaul and modernization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=r75_Zw37iOI#!
    Austin

Post  Austin Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:24 am

TR1 wrote:Supposedly issues with gun mount have been worked out, but I have seen no recent photos.

Zvezdochka hands the Verkhotyrye back to the fleet after 2 year overhaul and modernization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=r75_Zw37iOI#!

What does the upgrade carry , I suppose Liner SLBM what about other things involved in upgrade ?
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:52 pm

Not sure about modernization aside from the missiles, will update if I find out.
    Life span was increased by 3.5 years (on top of existing lifespan as I understand)

http://vdvsn.ru/novosti/korabelnaya_storona/v_budushchee_s_novymi_korablyami/

Interesting updates from Zvezdochka- they have an order for overhaul and modernization of the entire "Bars" (971) fleet.

Now this we already knew, but they also got contract for work on the two titanium Baraccudas (945). Looks like these ships are here to stay.
    This will require part of yard to be modernized and overhauled (work already started).
    psg
    psg

Post  psg Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:11 pm

Regarding the A190. Looking good, short vid of it firing(sustained). http://gurkhan.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/190-01.html
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:38 pm

TR1 wrote:Not sure about modernization aside from the missiles, will update if I find out.
    Life span was increased by 3.5 years (on top of existing lifespan as I understand)

Most certainly they would have Sineva or Likely Liner SLBM

Interesting updates from Zvezdochka- they have an order for overhaul and modernization of the entire "Bars" (971) fleet.

Now this we already knew, but they also got contract for work on the two titanium Baraccudas (945). Looks like these ships are here to stay.
    This will require part of yard to be modernized and overhauled (work already started).

The Bars upgrade looks promising even if they manage to upgrade 8-10 Bars to 971M standard which should keep the BARS going for 10-12 years then they have time for the new 5th gen SSN to take shape.

945 upgrade is most interesting I never thought they would be upgraded as they are old and its really a pain to deal with titanium
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:03 pm

Austin wrote:
    TR1 wrote:Not sure about modernization aside from the missiles, will update if I find out.

The Bars upgrade looks promising even if they manage to upgrade 8-10 Bars to 971M standard which should keep the BARS going for 10-12 years then they have time for the new 5th gen SSN to take shape.

945 upgrade is most interesting I never thought they would be upgraded as they are old and its really a pain to deal with titanium

what about victor III and sierra class?
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:13 pm

It was logical when you look at it.

Firstly you had complete reparation, modernization and installation of new missiles on project 667.

Afterwards you see project 949 going to reparation modernization etc

It was only matter of time where project 971 will end up on surgery table. But these two Sierra class comes as a pleasant surprise.

TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:42 pm

George1 wrote:
    Austin wrote:

what about victor III and sierra class?

Sieraa is Baraccuda.
    671RTMK are probably going to be kept until life runs out, then retired. No modernization is planned as of yet.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:44 am

The Sierras were very capable boats and new electronics will make them even more capable... this is a very good thing in my opinion.
    Austin

Post  Austin Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Russian Navy to Get Over 50 New Warships by 2016

MOSCOW, January 3 (RIA Novosti) – The Russian Navy will get over 50 new warships by 2016, including strategic nuclear submarines and special operations support vessels, the Defense Ministry reported on Thursday.

“By 2016, the combat strength of the Navy will be replenished with 18 surface warships of various ranks and designation, and also 30 special-purpose and counter-subversion vessels. It is also planned to put 6 multi-purpose and strategic submarines into operation,” the ministry said in a statement.

The quality of new generations of surface warships and submarines being built for the Russian Navy will improve with stronger state acceptance control at the shipyards involved in the Navy’s shipbuilding program, the statement said.

“The implementation of the shipbuilding program envisages serial construction along with the introduction of new technical and modernization solutions into each subsequently built warship,” the statement said.

Russia is currently in the middle of a huge rearmament program, with $659 billion to be spent on arms procurement by 2020, according to the Defense Ministry.
    Austin

Post  Austin Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:10 pm

Russian Navy will get torpedo fifth generation of "Clematis"

Russian defense industry is not standing still. This was reported today by the press service of the military-industrial complex. And in support of this statement on the establishment of the Navy torpedo fifth generation of "Clematis". True it clear that while there is only the development of a torpedo, but they will be made, perhaps only four years later.

The official report also pointed out that "before the end of 2017, it is planned to complete the development to create torpedoes" physics ", to make small anti-submarine torpedoes and sonar suppression device code" Beryllium "based torpedo carrier."

After three years in Gelendzhik on the Black Sea, on the basis of one of the research institutions, is expected to create year-round multi-purpose deep-sea testing ground for weapons. For comprehensive full-scale tests under conditions as close as possible to the performance, you need a year-round deep-sea testing ground for all types of naval weapons. This is also important for guaranteed performance characteristics is adopting models of naval underwater weapons.

In addition such a polygon allows the demonstration of weapons and military equipment to customers, including foreign ones. This increases the competitiveness of the Russian naval arms on the world market. Now in Russia there is no deep-sea profile landfill operating in the year round, and the manufacture of torpedoes the fourth generation of the "physics", "Kant-3M" and development of fifth generation missiles like "Clematis" under the state program requires suitable tests.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:49 pm

http://www.avanturist.org/forum/topic/469/message/1621402#msg1621402

Work on modernization of powerful (2 Megawatt) radio communication equipment for use with submerged objects (submarines at long distance).
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:20 am

TR1 wrote:They need to lay down more boats soon if the 2020 plan has any chance of being met, let alone more boats.
    I think it is safe to say at this point the 2020 date for 8 boats will not be met.

After 1991 when has has conctruction quota in russia actually been met?
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:42 am

Well, what do you expect given the economic climate.

How many military plans worldwide have actually gone to plan? Not many.

Each successive SAP has gotten closer to original intent, if missing the timeframe. I expect SAP 2015/2020 to be no different.
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:24 pm

TR1 wrote:They need to lay down more boats soon if the 2020 plan has any chance of being met, let alone more boats.
    I think it is safe to say at this point the 2020 date for 8 boats will not be met.

Considering 885 itself has so many technical challenges that its not yet commisioned and we are told it will be done this year , I wont be surprised if 885M which is virtually a new sub in terms of filling and weapons will take longer time to over come technologicl hurdles.

So by 2020 if they get 5 885/885M SSGN they should consider them self lucky but I feel they should contine with more 885 type next decade and keep them improving it similar to Virginia Block model approach that would be better and cheaper instead of jumping into developing new small SSN , By 2030 they would any way move to 5th Gen SSN/SSBN design.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:03 pm