Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+53
Visc
par far
crod
nomadski
Odin of Ossetia
Arctic_Fox
Rmf
klahtinen
kvs
PapaDragon
Azi
calm
KoTeMoRe
JohninMK
Isos
0nillie0
ultimatewarrior
AbdulhamidtheSecond
TheArmenian
auslander
Big_Gazza
The Ottoman
nihilusa
KiloGolf
eehnie
GunshipDemocracy
SturmGuard
zorobabel
magnumcromagnon
OminousSpudd
Kadmos45
AlfaT8
Khepesh
Regular
VARGR198
KomissarBojanchev
GarryB
BKP
Godric
airstrike
miketheterrible
higurashihougi
wilhelm
Vann7
Airman
SeigSoloyvov
VladimirSahin
Hannibal Barca
medo
George1
Erk
d_taddei2
Skandalwitwe
57 posters

Syrian War: News #11

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Syrian War: News #11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #11

Post  JohninMK Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:23 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Rumor: apparently 30+ T-90's entered Syria at Russan airbase, including other equipment

There's no boat that has the capacity to drop a battalion on the field that has passed through the Bosphorus for the whole week.

The RoRo that went to Syria this week had no room for more than 40/50 vehicles and supplies (7100 ton ship). Lugging 30 tanks= 1500 tons/

Someone from Syria on Twitter claimed he saw column of "37 T-90s".

I did the math before.

The RoRo has only 2000 ton net useful charge. Its a 110-20 boat  with a 12m wide lower deck and middle separation, thus only two rows of tanks can be fitted because t90 is a 4x10 tank. With 100 m length available that is 20 tanks at best. Watching how it had about 500 tons on the upper deck alone that means that at best the Russians brought half a battalion like last time. Although I do not believe it<
    Read a comment somewhere that it was likely to be a convoy of T-72 refurbed in Tartous.

Post  Guest Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:24 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Rumor: apparently 30+ T-90's entered Syria at Russan airbase, including other equipment

There's no boat that has the capacity to drop a battalion on the field that has passed through the Bosphorus for the whole week.

The RoRo that went to Syria this week had no room for more than 40/50 vehicles and supplies (7100 ton ship). Lugging 30 tanks= 1500 tons/

Someone from Syria on Twitter claimed he saw column of "37 T-90s".

I did the math before.

The RoRo has only 2000 ton net useful charge. Its a 110-20 boat  with a 12m wide lower deck and middle separation, thus only two rows of tanks can be fitted because t90 is a 4x10 tank. With 100 m length available that is 20 tanks at best. Watching how it had about 500 tons on the upper deck alone that means that at best the Russians brought half a battalion like last time. Although I do not believe it<

I dont belive it either, coz we would have seen some photo or video of such column, no way it wouldnt have leaked by now. Almost whole batallion of T-90s is a big news, way too sweet not to be posted.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:33 pm

KiloGolf wrote:Turkish Army is a joke, this a frickin sideshow and they get trashed like that.
    And these are their elite MBT forces from Eastern Thrace, facing our Mech/Armored Divisions. Clearly they lack quality.

Skandalwitwe wrote:Has someone already found some high-volume whining from Leo-WunderwaffeTank fanbois?

Nothing wrong the Leos they are excellent MBTs. The Turks just suck at this tank business, maybe their crews aren't well trained to fight in snow.

I don't think 90% of folks south of Black Sea have ever seen proper snowfall let alone know how to fight in it. And all that gear in desert cammo sticks out like the sorest thumb in history.

As for Leopards I find it hilarious how since the 80's they were advertised as the most perfect über tank that will ever exists and how 1 Leo = 20 T-72 series.

And here we saw more or less monkey T-72 taking 2 ATGM and walking away from it with crew not cooked alive, while at the same time super awesome Leopard 2 gets one hit from roughly equivalent ATGM and gets blown to smithereens the way we are told T-series would like it's reverse Desert Storm.

And don't get me started on T-90. It even managed to keep SAA idiots inside in one piece.

Looks to me that Fulda Gap shindig that never came would have unfolded much much more differently than certain fanboys would have liked.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:39 pm

PapaDragon wrote:Looks to me that Fulda Gap shindig that never came would have unfolded much much more differently than certain fanboys would have liked.  

Eastern Thrace is a reverse Fulda Gap, if we decide to counter-attack and trash their Economy (ours is ruined, read Constantinople).
    And it's Leo vs. Leo. Cyprus is even worse, T-80U (with Shtora) vs. M-48A5T2. lol1

Turks are mis-using kit right now. Apparently there's over 41 A4s deployed in Syria, down from 45 two days ago. Not a great % for an apponent with no major artillery, recon or air support. Of course their hired infantry sucks if compared to IS. But then again the Turks have over 1,000 of fighting men in-theatre. Ergo these Leos have Turkish grunts all around them and ahead (presumably).

My gut feeling says they choose a stupid wall to park their stuff and got blown up, IS probably bought some of the FSA thugs/turn-coats. Afterall Al Bab FSA is former beardie scum for hire. Also Turkish intel should suck serious balls as they seemingly left intact kit behind and I imagine those that run away did not report premium armor fell into enemy's hands (out of fear I guess).
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:49 pm

Hassan Ridha ‏@sayed_ridha  1h1 hour ago
    IS release video on Euphrates Shield, shows burning alive of 2 Turkish soldiers that were captured last month

Fathi Shahin & Saftar Tash
    Syrian War: News #11 - Page 14 C0Tol1sVQAAfz6x

Interesting that Turks stayed silent about this. Comes to show their gov/staff numbers are untrue fakes.
    They tend to release some really DPRK-level stuff to the press (e.g. killed 1000 PKK in a month, etc.)

meanwhile in Aleppo, fireworks in the sky:
    Syrian War: News #11 - Page 14 C0TkJBJUAAAXvPy
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:13 am

And IS being IS just burned them alive. Shocked

Syrian War: News #11 - Page 14 Proxy

Syrian War: News #11 - Page 14 3B952AE400000578-0-image-a-27_1482440370082
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:26 am

Those fucking scum bags... Rest in peace young lads, I'm sorry they had to die like that...
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:32 am

VladimirSahin wrote:Those fucking scum bags... Rest in peace young lads, I'm sorry they had to die like that...

Nobody deserves that but death was part of their job and this is not a defensive war for their country.
    They made IS what it is and propped them up for years.

Also check this out, seems like of them was fan of IS.

Syrian War: News #11 - Page 14 C0UElWRWIAQ9wSA

Syrian War: News #11 - Page 14 C0UEmkUWEAAl-ur

Syrian War: News #11 - Page 14 C0UFHHgWQAAsegF

E. SATLYC
    ‏@ersin_satlik
    One of the Turkish soldiers burned by ISIS seems to be the owner of the Facebook account that shared pro-ISIS content!

E. SATLYC ‏@ersin_satlik  2m2 minutes ago
    Two posts where he uses vulgar language to criticize YPG and express his delight for ISIS's gains against Kurds.

https://twitter.com/ersin_satlik/status/812060379333402624

Syrian War: News #11 - Page 14 1482445487917

This is Middle East for you, a basket of (mostly) deplorables.

Thank God images like these are also seen, a glimpse of hope:
    Syrian War: News #11 - Page 14 C0IkHMhWQAQLUHJ

As of today, Aleppo is back to gov control and "moderate"-free.
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:13 am

Well was actually out there fighting ISIS in the end. Stupid of him to post such thing... I'm no supporter of Turkey, but being in the military before I know how hard it is on young lads. And no one deserves to be burnt alive other than ISIL like scum bags.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:29 am

KiloGolf wrote:And IS being IS just burned them alive. Shocked

And people in this forum continue to be as Naive as always they are.
    They always ignore that in wars , the truth is the first victim.   lol1
    How little imagination people in this forum have. If Erdogan wanted
    to clear itself from its support to ISIS , staging videos of ISIS killing and even
    false flags bombs in Turkey on its own country to make it look they are not helping them.

Syrian War: News #11 - Page 14 Fake-ISIS-video-reneactment

https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-cyberberkut-video-supposedly-showing-staged-isis-beheading-of-foley.t6520/

Enjoy Hollywood ISIS beheading videos of Americans.. IDIOTS!!!

Even though the report claims is not the same video ,for light differences , they totally
    ignore than in fake filming ,you try several times until you get it right , so is the same studio
    and the terrorist even move his feets in the same way. LOL

From where you think ISIS gets several dozens of those brand new nice looking Orange uniforms in the middle of a warzone in the desert????  Absolutely from Turkey ,from where else? How can Turkey Government not be aware of the travel of ISIS supplies from Turkey to Syria? pffffff.  No
    This is embarrassing dumb to think ISIS is killing Turkey soldiers after all the evidence of Erdogan oil trade with them. Last word of Putin is that ISIS still trade oil Through  Turkey ,now using IRAQ only. For sure Erdogan is not aware of this..  Rolling Eyes

By the way the Alqaeda rebel daughter bana the pretty girl that was tweeting from Aleppo and his parents were Jihadist from Alqaeda,guess which leader they meet after leaving Aleppo?

Syrian War: News #11 - Page 14 C0Muu2wWgAEsayW

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/21/middleeast/bana-alabed-erdogan-aleppo/

Erdogan is aiding..
    1)FSA
    2)ISIS
    3)Alqaeda

ERdogan only fighting directly or indirectly.
    1)Kurds
    2)Syrian army.
    3)Iraqui Army

and making things as difficult as possible for Russia to help
    Syrian army recover all its territory. 

Get this shit at least right for once and stop being idiots.
    and stop spreading western propaganda in this forums. 
    The white helmets scam , the bana scam , the ISIS beheading in camera film studios ,
    and the Russian reports of ERdogan son major multi millionaire Oil trade business with
    ISIS ,should be more than enough propaganda for people in this forums to be skeptic
    of any video uploaded that shows Turkey is defending civilians in Syria and fighting terrorist.

Just look how far CNN went in propaganda in the gulf war.. using another
    film studio to make it look they were in middle east..  lol1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJzftxo14-k

In wars , the truth is the first casualty. Deception of the public of what really happens
    is the first ,second and third tactic.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:27 am

higurashihougi wrote:What is the name of that "journalist" ? CUNTzmann ?

https://sputniknews.com/us/201612221048852997-ny-daily-news-refuses-apologize/

Gersh Kuntzmann, columnist of the New York Daily News (NYDN), refused on Wednesday to apologize for his article insulting Andrey Karlov, Russian ambassador to Turkey murdered on Monday.

his first name and origin say all...
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:32 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Turkish army is a joke. Even Saudis look competent compare to them.

I would not go that far. Turkish Military might not be sharpest tool in the box but comparing them to Saudis is insulting for anyone who lives north of Cyprus... Cool

Turkey just lost a 1%+ of its entire fleet of Leopard 2. Where? In Al-Bab. In two days. Nato standards this time. Saudi Arabia was suposedly fighting with tucks under Abrams cover (I do not think it).

BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:06 am

@ Vann7

You know, at first I thought you were just being a crank. Then I went back and watched the burning video again, and now i'm not so sure. The video possibly is faked. If so, it's a heck of a practical FX job.

And it is absolutely true that, as we know, that Turkey was doing a booming illegal oil trade with ISIS, both to stuff their own vaults but also to help fund IS's contribution to the Syrian regime change effort. So, given that fact, I've never really understood why ISIS would occasionally bite the proverbial hand.

If this is indeed fake, then it's mind-blowing how deep the deception goes. Regular people's minds don't work like that, and are therefore f*cked. The masses will never truly get it.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:29 pm

The Turkish Army won't be liking this list of Al-Bab damaged etc gear

Syrian War: News #11 - Page 14 C0XeENTVQAAQL8n
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:11 pm

Really sick, poor souls...

Revenge?
    At least 88 civilians have been killed in 24 hours of Turkish air strikes on #al-Bab

https://www.yahoo.com/news/88-dead-turkish-raids-held-syria-town-monitor-074209299.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:40 pm

^ "... according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights."
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:59 pm

JohninMK wrote:The Turkish Army won't be liking this list of Al-Bab damaged etc gear

lostarmour.info Turkish edition
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:26 pm

Thanks, page 1 I assume.
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:37 pm

#Turkey is losing more men in one week than #Russia in 18 months in the #Syrian quagmire : welcome to the war in Syria.
    https://twitter.com/EjmAlrai/status/812345531792035845
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:37 pm

JohninMK wrote:The Turkish Army won't be liking this list of Al-Bab damaged etc gear

Syrian War: News #11 - Page 14 C0YFrWYWIAEjaDW
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:38 pm

i can see this being launched in the new year, we could see this area liberated in the next 2-4 months

Syrian Army makes final preparations for massive East Ghouta offensive

BEIRUT, LEBANON (8:30 P.M.) - The Syrian Arab Army's High Command announced on Thursday that their forces will begin a major military operation in the East Ghouta region of rural Damascus that is geared to expel the remaining Islamist groups occupying the area.

For several weeks now, the Syrian Arab Army's High Command has been building up their forces in the East Ghouta, sending convoy after convoy of reinforcements in order to increase the total number of military personnel participating in this upcoming offensive.

Many of these reinforcements are from the West Ghouta; they participated in several battles in this region, including Khan Al-Sheih, Darayya, Mo'adhimiyah Al-Sham, and Al-Dirkhabiyeh.

Unlike their previous offensives in the East Ghouta, the Syrian Arab Army will not limit their assault in the region; instead, they will launch several attacks from a number of axes.

In the past, the Syrian Armed Forces have conducted offensives that focus on specific parts of the East Ghouta; this will not be the case this time, as the High Command wants the entire pocket to collapse in order to ensure the safety of Damascus.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-makes-final-preparations-massive-east-ghouta-offensive/
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:14 pm

powerful video
    airstrike
    airstrike

Post  airstrike Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:20 pm

Video: Turkish armored vehicle targeted by an ATGM

http://defense-watch.com/2016/12/24/video-turkish-armored-vehicle-targeted-atgm/

Syrian War: News #11 - Page 14 Tur_if10
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:23 pm

^
    Repost

West Aleppo then.
    al-Assal tonight, little reminder / https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khan_al-Assal_massacre

Our men were brutally executed by western-backed rebels before they fled like cowards to Idlib.
    #BREAKING Pictures of a real massacre in East #Aleppo : kidnapped soldiers and civilians beheaded and executed by evacuated militants

18+

https://twitter.com/Gjoene/status/812405329505976321
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:31 pm

airstrike wrote:Video: Turkish armored vehicle targeted by an ATGM

http://defense-watch.com/2016/12/24/video-turkish-armored-vehicle-targeted-atgm/

Syrian War: News #11 - Page 14 Tur_if10

Sorry, no repost.

just a same f****** place...

calm wrote:
    #ISIS ATGM strikes #FSA operated ACV-AAPC near Al-Bab #Syria
    video / http://video.jkikki.de/v/mbb22122016.mp4
    Syrian War: News #11 - Page 14 C0SisPGXEAEqmzsSyrian War: News #11 - Page 14 C0Six9vXgAEXmEr

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:17 pm