Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+40
Fred333
Godric
Skandalwitwe
Neutrality
bantugbro
Kimppis
KomissarBojanchev
T-47
George1
SeigSoloyvov
Cyberspec
KiloGolf
VARGR198
lycantrop
medo
GarryB
d_taddei2
Austin
Big_Gazza
Erk
Airman
storm333
nomadski
Regular
OminousSpudd
BKP
calm
AbdulhamidtheSecond
AlfaT8
Benya
arpakola
eehnie
ATLASCUB
kvs
auslander
franco
Vann7
miketheterrible
PapaDragon
0nillie0
44 posters

Syrian War: News #14

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Syrian War: News #14 Empty Syrian War: News #14

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:11 pm

So we bombed near Pal last night, Russia did pretty much nothing.

so much for that no-fly zone.
    0nillie0
    0nillie0

Syrian War: News #14 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

Post  0nillie0 Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:35 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:So we bombed near Pal last night, Russia did pretty much nothing.

No surprise imho.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:49 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:So we bombed near Pal last night, Russia did pretty much nothing.

Who got bombed, ISIS or government?

They never said they will shoot on sight mind you.

Also I will just say that this thing can last decade more and Russia and USA will not be shooting at each other (proxies and drones notwithstanding)
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:53 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

Who got bombed, ISIS or government?

They never said they will shoot on sight mind you.

Also I will just say that this thing can last decade more and Russia and USA will not be shooting at each other (proxies and drones notwithstanding)

Heard it was the empty desert.

It was more of "We will bomb what we want, whatcha going to do about it" thing.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:18 pm

yeah, I call bullshit. If they feel they can do whatever they want and get away with it, they would have bombed SAA positions again or someone else. Provide proof please.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:40 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:..........

Well they kinda done exactly what they said they would: track them on radar.

These occasional egotrips from greatest military leaders of our time (on all sides involved) remind me of my workplace.

I work in highschool... lol1
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:43 pm

miketheterrible wrote:yeah, I call bullshit.  If they feel they can do whatever they want and get away with it, they would have bombed SAA positions again or someone else.  Provide proof please.

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201706231054915826-us-led-coalition-daesh/

Here you go.

"Nine additional strikes near three other Syrian towns, including Deir ez-Zor and Palmyra, destroyed oil stills, vehicles, a weapons cache and tunnel entrances, and engaged two Daesh tactical units".

This was the only civilian proof I could find on short notice. ISIS wasn't targetted near Palmyra or Deir that was just a cover. Say we are bombing ISiS when we aren't anything new

Alias up to you what to believe or not. I am just boots on the ground.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:48 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

These occasional egotrips from greatest military leaders of our time (on all sides involved) remind me of my workplace.

Well it was either that or the SU-35's Russia sent to meet them in route and forced the planes to drop their payloads to avoid becoming targets
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:10 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Well it was either that or the SU-35's Russia sent to meet them in route and forced the planes to drop their payloads to avoid becoming targets

While I know RuaF has been in those areas as of late, wouldn't it be pointless to just drop ordinance and leave even if it does nothing?
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:27 pm

Russia never said there was a no fly zone.. but that anything west of euphrates river will
    be considered an Aerial Target. A Russian senator in sputnik  clarified it , by saying not all Planes will be automatically shutdown..but that any shutdown will be done on an individual basis..depending on the level of danger and what they do. This for example means , that if US bomb again Syrian army.. which is at the west of euphrates they will be seriously ready to shut down their planes or send combat planes paint with their missiles,to force them to leave. Either case Russia already warned US ,that their actions will have consequences and they could end with a plane shutdown ,if do anything stupid again. Same if US goes close to Russia military base.  So is not a no fly zone.. but more a Watch your back zone ,we will shoot at you if we consider your actions hostile to us. So in real practice it works as a deterrence to force Americans to behave responsibly and stop attacking Syrian army.

So said in other words..
    Russia is saying , will be closely monitoring ,painting with radars all American and allies planes.
    flying west of Euphrates. And if we see Americans again bombing Syrian army.. then there will be a 50/50 probability that the plane will be shut down. it all will depend on the level of aggression .
    lets say many planes wiping all Syrian army in a zone. then it will be an automatic shutdown.
    but if is just a provocations or bomb empty zones.. then they will do nothing. Is a you can fly zone ,but be careful ,because we will track ,lock all your planes with our radars,and depending on your behavior and the level of hostility ,depending if we shoot or not.

Russia always always is seeking to have the highest moral standing in the war in Syria and Ukraine too.. This is done to avoid a full scale war , and try to minimize the level of military confrontation. If anyone remember  Ukraine bandera orks was shelling Russia cities across the border in 2014-2015. killing Russian citizens. if that was done by any other nation.they will have responded. But Russia decided to go to United Nations and EU and pressure Ukraine with politics first and international pressure to stop. And it worked. Ukraine stopped bombing Russia border after they were pressured to do it by Europe + after Russia gave an ultimatum
    to do Precision strikes on Ukraine army if continues with their criminal actions. So this is the script now Russia running in Syria. Is waiting patiently but at the same time using all the available options through politics through United Nations and EU  first and if that fail , then warnings later like the Russia gave already and if that fail then an ultimatum. Americans will be unable to continue for long attacking Syrian army ,after being warned and warned and warned and they not listening. and later have a way to defend their actions even in their own country with their own citizens. Russia diplomacy aims always at winning the support as much as possible of American citizens public opinion and Europe too. This is important because by winning public opinion.. it will not allow US government to demonize Russia if Russia fight back
    and shot down an American plane. and this also will minimize the possibilities of a world war 3.
    and reduce the military confrontation between US and Russia, to a very limited confrontation and will help for dialogue and politics to solve things.

Last edited by Vann7 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:38 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DC7K_SKW0AAG93S.jpg

From the above map done by Peto, it appears as if the SAA and PMU are co-coordinating their advance along their joint borders towards the Euphrates.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:13 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

If you work in a high school you are a saint. Me, anything under 25 is nothing but meat for my beloved and cherished puppies. Syrian War: News #14 Img_1410
    Syrian War: News #14 Melik_10
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:24 pm

Speaking about accidents.. in the last week ..
    US accident rate have increased dramatically. like never seen in history..

Another F-16 crash or was it? .. lol1

https://sputniknews.com/us/201706231054929924-air-force-jet-flips-over/

maybe yes or maybe not.
    but what is clear is that.. It will be easy for Pentagon to stage an F-16 crash
    in United States. and use that incident to justify the an F-16 lost.. from its inventory.
    To cover another F-16 plane Shutdown in Syria or IRAQ. It even can be used an staged
    accident to justify the death of an american pilot.. by saying it was in "training" he died.
    when in reality the plane and the pilot were killed in Syria.

This goes back to the "accident"? of the American destroyer? collision with a fishing boat?
    in Japan? If it was an attack by North korea , they will have hidden it ,with an "Accident".
    Because if US navy is attacked by any country vast majority of its people will demand revenge.
    and to nuke that country. But by staging it as an accident ,they have the option to avoid an unessesary war they are not interested to have in that time.

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:28 pm

auslander wrote:...................
    If you work in a high school you are a saint. Me, anything under 25 is nothing but meat for my beloved and cherished puppies............

Thank buddy.

Key to success in my line of work is to break their spirit withing first 30 days of school-year. After that it's smooth sailing. Cool

And you got some super cool pooches and kitties there. love

Also:

Article from Reuters. Looks like Baghdadi might actually be sleeping with fishes when these guys are speculating on this topic:

If Baghdadi is dead, next IS leader likely to be Saddam-era officer

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-baghdadi-success-idUSKBN19E1MI?
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:45 pm

When it is mainly unoccupied desert then large areas of the map can change colour quite quickly.

The'Nimr'Tiger Souria4Syrians 9h9 hours ago

Syrian Army 20km~ away from T2 pumping station after liberating some areas from ISIS in Homs near Syria-Iraq Border

Syrian War: News #14 DDAQpLVW0AER0ph

Within Syria‏ @WithinSyriaBlog 6h6 hours ago

again SAA advance towards Dir Ez Zor on the Syrian-Iraqi boarders is more than what's reported ,SAA report advance 3 days after it's done

Last edited by JohninMK on Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:57 pm

During the past 48 hours ISIS have killed two Hezbollah commanders and tortured, on video, another thus making sure that any ISIS operative caught by that group will suffer particularly nasty experiences on their way to death. Team work 9th Century style.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:00 pm

If you work in a high school you are a saint. Me, anything under 25 is nothing but meat for my beloved and cherished puppies. Laughing

You can take the boy out of Georgia but you can't take Georgia out of the boy Very Happy
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:06 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    auslander wrote:...................
    If you work in a high school you are a saint. Me, anything under 25 is nothing but meat for my beloved and cherished puppies............

Thank buddy.

Key to success in my line of work is to break their spirit withing first 30 days of school-year. After that it's smooth sailing. Cool  

And you got some super cool pooches and kitties there. love

Also:

Article from Reuters. Looks like Baghdadi might actually be sleeping with fishes when these guys are speculating on this topic:

If Baghdadi is dead, next IS leader likely to be Saddam-era officer

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-baghdadi-success-idUSKBN19E1MI?

It looks like Russia took out some important US controlled flesh in this operation. That is why the Americans got their
    panties in a bunch and shot down the Syrian jet. Something similar happened last fall:

https://geopolitics.co/2016/09/24/russia-bombs-30-cia-mossad-officers-in-secret-allepo-bunker/

The details as to who went to see Satan are not so important. The key is that these are important command and
    control assets.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:36 am

F-22's operating in Syria... don't look too hot under normal operating conditions and sustained sorties:

Syrian War: News #14 85437a55505bb2efabecc7f6038aeaea23

Seems all the planes are packing heat for potential air-to-air confrontations - least 3 amraams on that F-15. Won't be easy kills for SU-35's if for some stupid reason shit hits the fan.

Soo odd to place a refueling dock there..... even with the American set up (refueler's control), getting it right probably takes considerable time - not to mention; man power. Too many mods on that F-15.

Syrian War: News #14 85437a55505bb2efabecc7f6038aeaea15

Syrian War: News #14 85437a55505bb2efabecc7f6038aeaea39
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:47 am

Must be from yesterday. Never seen the F-22 like that.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:10 am

miketheterrible wrote:Must be from yesterday.  Never seen the F-22 like that.

They either fly with reflective lenses thus negating stealth features or they go full stealth and open some Intel gathering opportunities for VKS

Also milage is evident on the paintjob but it is perfectly normal

People get conditioned to expect perfection due to all the promo materials but in reality all military machines that see any use have visible wear and tear

eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:49 am

This, this and this

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Heard it was the empty desert.

SeigSoloyvov wrote:This was the only civilian proof I could find on short notice. ISIS wasn't targetted near Palmyra or Deir that was just a cover. Say we are bombing ISiS when we aren't anything new

Alias up to you what to believe or not. I am just boots on the ground.

To finnish saying this

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Well it was either that or the SU-35's Russia sent to meet them in route and forced the planes to drop their payloads to avoid becoming targets

lol

PS: To take into account that according to himself, he is an US soldier working in Syria. Saying us "the prettiest secrets of the US military forces in Syira", and still not in the jail.
    arpakola
    arpakola

Syrian War: News #14 Empty ISIS SVBIED attack against #YPG

Post  arpakola Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:12 am

WorldOnAlert‏ @worldonalert  7h7 hours ago
    More
    #Raqqa: Location of the #ISIS SVBIED attack against #YPG in Western #Raqqa today:
    http://wikimapia.org/#lang=de&lat=35.953067&lon=38.971977&z=18&m=b …

Syrian War: News #14 DDCjAVmXUAAo-DK
    Syrian War: News #14 DDCjBZJXkAANbU7
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:56 am

ATLASCUB wrote:F-22's operating in Syria... don't look too hot under normal operating conditions and sustained sorties:

There is no way atlas.. The US military will send an F-22 to Syria in a zone where
    they can be hit with an S-400. If Americans lose a single F-22 in Syria , to Syrian air defenses
    or Russian ones. that will be a major disaster for the image of the capabilities of the
    American military. US technology power will become a joke for the world and this will provoke
    two things.

1)It will collapse the interest of US allies on buying expensive stealth planes
    from americans like F-35.

2)It will significantly raise the popularity of Russian defense industry ,drive sales
    to heaven of S-300s or S-400s defenses and or Russian combat jets.

So they can't risk losing a stealth plane in any part of syria territory and later
    iran /Russia/China capture the fuselage and equipment of the plane for inspection and
    reverse engineering.

If they saying they have f-22's in Syria is only to scare Russia or to lift the morale
    of its coalition so not defect from Syria. the only way they could have an F-22 in middle east is that they stay withing the borders ,of neighboring countries like Israel ,Jordan or perhaps IRAQ and Turkey.. where they can recover the plane later in case of accident or shutdown.
    Benya
    Benya

Post  Benya Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:44 am

Syrian Army Kills an FSA leader in Joubar

On Friday, the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) continued its military operation in Jobar district east of the capital Damascus.

Now, the SAA is working to take control of the southern main road and to separate Jobar district from Ayn Tarma and Eastern Ghouta. According to pro-government sources the SAA has advanced in Taybah area in Jobar.

A commander of Faylaq al-Rahman, Abu Said al-Basha, (commander of the eastern sector of Jobar) was killed , as well as, several members of his group were killed and wounded after being targeted by the Syrian Army.

Syrian War: News #14 1-290-768x432

Syrian Air Force warplanes targeted positions of Faylaq al-Rahman fighters in Haza, Ayn Tarma and Jobar with more than 10 air strikes.

From its side, Faylaq al-Rahman claimed that the SAA launched two attacks using toxic gas on its positions in Jobar district. However, Faylaq al-Rahman didn’t provide any evidence to support its claim.

Syrian War: News #14 1-291-768x506
    Syrian War: News #14 2-80-768x506

Faylaq al-Rahman claimed to recover some points from the SAA in Ayn Tarma after a successful counter-attack. Furthermore, Faylaq al-Rahman claimed it had been observing large crowds of the SAA troops preparing for a wider attack on Ayn Tarma.

Faylaq al-Rahman has continued bombing civilian areas in Damascus. On Friday, it targeted the historic Umayyad Mosque in the heart of Damascus, but the shell hit the outer wall. Several areas were also targeted in Rokn al-Din district.

Jaish al-Islam still stands aside and does not participate in the battles of Jobar. It has even stopped clashes with the Syrian Army in the Hawash al-Dwahra area.

Source: Arrow https://southfront.org/syrian-army-kills-fsa-leader-joubar/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:24 am