Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+52
JohninMK
ali.a.r
nihilusa
Zivo
zg18
Heartbeer
flamming_python
KiloGolf
Project Canada
Werewolf
Grazneyar
AlfaT8
Erk
VARGR198
Khepesh
HeNeArKrXeRn_
calm
eehnie
TheGeorgian
d_taddei2
cheesfactory
arpakola
NationalRus
Regular
Kadmos45
Rodinazombie
sepheronx
Vann7
OminousSpudd
Svyatoslavich
VladimirSahin
Ispan
George1
SturmGuard
Odin of Ossetia
GarryB
ultron
KoTeMoRe
Morpheus Eberhardt
Walther von Oldenburg
ExBeobachter1987
magnumcromagnon
Godric
kvs
franco
Neutrality
PapaDragon
medo
Karl Haushofer
TheArmenian
par far
Cowboy's daughter
56 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24

Werewolf
    Werewolf

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #24

Post  Werewolf Fri May 27, 2016 11:17 am

Donbas can be returned to Ukraine but only under one condition if the entire ukraine returns to Russia. It has shown to be incapable to stand on own feet and that it is always sucking off murican small dicks while being a huge threat to own population. It is just irresponsible to let it be like that it has to be sezzesioned back to russia like it always was. This invention and artificial creation of ukraine is the most threatening thing the jews and muricans have done to damage the russians and slavic in general. They always had and will have this tactic of seperating and isolating their enemies from their own. Devide and conquer has to be stopped or we have to use same tactics to destroy US, Israel, GB and all other nations that are trying world domination and put their hands on russian resources without paying or trading for it.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #24

Post  JohninMK Fri May 27, 2016 11:29 am

Why on earth would Russia want Ukraine as a whole 'back'? The majority of it is an obsolete, starved of resources, money pit with a rabid armed population. Which isn't going to change for a generation, at least.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri May 27, 2016 11:56 am

Kremlin's response on Porkie's claim to "recover" Donbass and Crimea.

https://rbth.com/news/2016/05/26/kremlin-comments-on-poroshenkos-intention-to-recover-donbass-and-crimea_597577

"If he meant that he intends to recover the Donbass, being guided by humanitarian considerations, in this case such a statement can be supported. In fact, this is what we in Moscow hope for," Peskov told reporters on May 26.

"As far as Crimea is concerned, we are not commenting on any claims to Russian regions," he said.

How can we interpret "guided by humanitarian considerations" anyway? Hopefully it will be high autonomy for Donbass, federalization of Ukie and pro-Russian faction maintains domination in Donbass politics. If not, all blood and flesh of Donbass people will be for naught.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri May 27, 2016 12:16 pm

What has got people agitated, in some cases spitting blood, about Peskov's remarks, is the apparent support to Kiev retaking LDNR back into Ukraine, as Ukraine is now, with Poroshenko and all the clowns still in power. Of course Crimea is not open for discussion as it is Russian territory, but Peskov is unclear about LDNR and leaves room for talk of "merge". IMO, it would have been better if Peskov had said nothing, and certainly not any statement that could be seen as potential Russian "surrender" to Kiev, and this is what a significant number of people think it could mean and leads to the gloomy statements by Dubovoi that this is "the end", and it is not just him. But to be clear as I wrote yesterday, I believe that Peskov's words, while not helpful, are being misinterpreted as to the underlying and true meaning that "humanitarian" means a purge of the malevolent influences in Ukraine, and that there will be no deals with Kiev until there is regime change. Between the situation as it is now, and any regime change in Kiev to a "humanitarian" government, lay any combination of coup, revolution or war.

Last edited by Khepesh on Fri May 27, 2016 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Fri May 27, 2016 12:16 pm

Concentration of Ukrainian Military Presence Noted North of Crimea

http://sputniknews.com/russia/20160527/1040343434/russia-ukraine-crimea-military.html

According to a source in the military structures of Crimea, a concentration of Ukrainian military formations and hardware has been noted over the last few days on the northern border of the Crimean Peninsula.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) – A concentration of Ukrainian military formations and hardware has been noted over the last few days on the northern border of the Crimean Peninsula, a source in the military structures of Crimea said Friday.

“Over the last few days on the Russian-Ukrainian border to the north of Crimea, a concentration of military formations and the reinforcement of armored vehicle groupings have been noted,” the source told RIA Novosti.
    “Dozens of tanks have been sunk in the ground and the number of armored vehicles has lined up for fire support,” the source said.

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri May 27, 2016 12:18 pm

JohninMK wrote:Why on earth would Russia want Ukraine as a whole 'back'? The majority of it is an obsolete, starved of resources, money pit with a rabid armed population. Which isn't going to change for a generation, at least.

So you want to be part of those retarded russians that think it is even considerable to let US occupy their regions and their people and let them do their Devide and Conquer tactics just because of some paper money you would need to build up the shit nazis and jews have doing plundering the country?

The resources are worth than any amount of money you would invest, the people, the region and the destruction and obliteration of US divide and conquer tactics and sending to the entire world of US slaves a message to stand against US hegemony and divide and conquer tactics (Koreas, Taiwan,China, Germans,Swiss,Austrians, Yugos, Slavic, Baltic, Polish, French and all entire South American continent let alone rest of the world.)

You money greedy people are just pain in the ass. Geopolitics is not about money but about survival or taking down empires that are enemies through and through.

They do it one by one, next will be Belarus, Lukashenko is not there always and neither is Putin, nor Nasarbajev. You have to look into the longer terms not because of some shit money investment. You would suggest to let it be and let the russophobic be spread over more decades, because one decade of zombies was not enough who are only after 23 years starting to make a genocide against their own people because they were zombified in believing they are different people. What will they do after 40 years or more when all generations are zombified and believe they are different?

Use a brain for once.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri May 27, 2016 12:28 pm

Godric wrote:Concentration of Ukrainian Military Presence Noted North of Crimea

I sometimes wonder if the official media live in a different time zone, or that there is some other reason why at times they are often days, and in this case, weeks late, in reporting what those who pay attention to what happens have known for some time. Another case of forums, VK, blogs etc, being way ahead of any official news, as it has been since the beginning of the war.
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Fri May 27, 2016 1:52 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    Godric wrote:Concentration of Ukrainian Military Presence Noted North of Crimea

I sometimes wonder if the official media live in a different time zone, or that there is some other reason why at times they are often days, and in this case, weeks late, in reporting what those who pay attention to what happens have known for some time. Another case of forums, VK, blogs etc, being way ahead of any official news, as it has been since the beginning of the war.

any reporting in the media of Ukraine's military build up on the northern border of Crimea is to be welcomed however late ... however their was confusion whether those train loads of Ukrainian hardware were then going to be diverted east to Donbass ... this report seems to be reporting otherwise ... i hope they do attack because it finish that vile state for good
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri May 27, 2016 4:11 pm

The ukrops use of drones over Telmanovo had stopped a little while back, and thought because of re-deployment of the operators. Now they are back, so perhaps it is connected with the large amounts of military equipment being unloaded from trains at Volnovakha and then moved up to the front arount Granitnoe in recent days. http://anna-news.info/node/58277

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri May 27, 2016 4:39 pm

Looks like movement in the case in London. Kiev has to stop the case before it gets to Court, if it is judged on the terms of the contract they are dead.

KIEV (Sputnik) — Ukraine has filed an objection against a Russian lawsuit over a $3-billion debt, the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Friday. "Ukraine has filed an objection to the High Court of England against a claim made by The Law Debenture Trust Corporation PLC appealing against Ukraine in February 2016. The plaintiff is the trustee according to the document, which included the granting of a loan in the amount of $3 billion by the Russian Federation to Ukraine, which was a result of the conclusion of agreements reached by the government of former President [Viktor] Yanukovych with the Russian Federation in December 2013," the statement reads.

The Ukrainian Foreign Ministry described the agreement as invalid and therefore non-binding.

Moscow disagrees with Kiev's stance that the bond is part of an external commercial debt, arguing that the bond is a sovereign loan, provided by one country to another.

Moscow has repeatedly stated that Ukraine's failure to pay back the debt by December 20, 2015, should be classified as a default.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/world/20160527/1040363223/russia-ukraine-high-court.html#ixzz49rosAw2P
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri May 27, 2016 5:55 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Why on earth would Russia want Ukraine as a whole 'back'? The majority of it is an obsolete, starved of resources, money pit with a rabid armed population. Which isn't going to change for a generation, at least.

So you want to be part of those retarded russians that think it is even considerable to let US occupy their regions and their people and let them do their Devide and Conquer tactics just because of some paper money you would need to build up the shit nazis and jews have doing plundering the country?

The resources are worth than any amount of money you would invest, the people, the region and the destruction and obliteration of US divide and conquer tactics and sending to the entire world of US slaves a message to stand against US hegemony and divide and conquer tactics (Koreas, Taiwan,China, Germans,Swiss,Austrians, Yugos, Slavic, Baltic, Polish, French and all entire South American continent let alone rest of the world.)

You money greedy people are just pain in the ass. Geopolitics is not about money but about survival or taking down empires that are enemies through and through.

They do it one by one, next will be Belarus, Lukashenko is not there always and neither is Putin, nor Nasarbajev. You have to look into the longer terms not because of some shit money investment. You would suggest to let it be and let the russophobic be spread over more decades, because one decade of zombies was not enough who are only after 23 years starting to make a genocide against their own people because they were zombified in believing they are different people. What will they do after 40 years or more when all generations are zombified and believe they are different?

Use a brain for once.
    Thanks.

I understand that you may have a polarised position but I have no dog in this fight. I just comment on what I see and, given what has happened over the past two years, I fail to see how the Ukraine can return to a properly functioning single state, given the degree of animosity between parts of the population, for decades. In a 'normal' civil war the participants are spread around the territory so have to come to an accommodation at the end of it. In a civil war like this which is territory based accommodation is seldom possible, they just break apart with a degree of ethnic movement.

As to the economy, much of the underinvestment since 1990 has been due to inadequate governance and nest feathering. Neither the West nor Russia has enough money to redress that until Ukraine goes bankrupt and start again. Clearly, given by the IMF/US/EU attitude to lending, i. e. not actually giving more money, they think that event is definitely on the cards. Any outsider that puts money in buying one of the 400 or so enterprises that are supposed to be up for sale this year, has to factor in the possibility that what they buy could be re-nationalised or seized in the future.

Russia has strong ties to the area, both historically and for strategic defence, but it is very clear that they are secondary to what Moscow believes are in the best interests of Russia as a whole. In effect, they can wait until Russia has withstood the death throws of the US dollar as the petro dollar and world reserve currency. Very tough on the those in Donbas in the short to medium term whose position may not significantly change unless Kiev lashes out in its own death throw forcing Russia to react, something Russia is trying to put off for as long as possible so that the West virtually asks Russia to sort it or just ignores it.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri May 27, 2016 6:32 pm

Khepesh wrote:There is beginning a shit storm over remarks by Dmitry Peskov where he seems to agree with Poroshenko that Donbass can be returned to Ukraine if it is all "humanitarian". Some, including Gennady Dubovoi, are saying this is "the end". Normally I am in agreement with him and various others, but on this issue I believe Peskov is misunderstood and his words taken at face value without looking deeper. About a year ago Yurasumy had the idea, which I repeated here, of a "Novoukraina", and this was also misunderstood by certain faction. Remember that the official Kremlin position, which has not changed since the beginning of the war, is that Ukraine is needed as a united and friendly country. This, as so many other elements has also been misunderstood, mostly by those more "hardline" than me who see it as eventually leading to the dreaded "merge", but in the incorrect context of simply walking away from Donbass. I never believed this will ever happen, and what occured in September 2014 shows the reality of this, and re-enforced by Debaltsevo. Some are saying that Peskov is testing public reaction, and maybe there is an element of truth in this, but I would say that what he is saying, in diplomatic language and in line with Kremlin position, is that yes, there may be eventually a united Ukraine, but what is unsaid is that it would be a reformatted Ukraine, this, btw, is what Zakharchenko said more directly a week or so ago, and repeats on these various "Straight lines". I contend that Peskov and Zakharchenko are simply saying the same as Yurasumy did a year ago, no "merge", but a purge, and of the nazis and Washington stooges in Ukraine. This will be the "Novoukraina", purged of the clowns and shitheads, and so a "humanitarian" Ukraine.

For myself, I do not think this is a viable outcome, it is too much using rose colored spectacles and I think Ukraine will not survive as a country as it was before maidan, and I mean as a legal entity with the pre 2014 borders. I believe a more realistic outcome is the one hinted at by Zakharchenko and Pushilin in recent days, that the idea of Novorossiya from Kharkov to Odessa still exists. We do not know what Putin wants, what he thinks, what he thinks is realistic, so we look at the chicken giblets, which are what those below him say, and try to guess. And while we all know Washington wants destruction of Russia, they know it is not possible, so the big question is what are their red lines in Ukraine, if any. They could see that it is hoplesss and simply walk away, or they could, while shouting and jumping, under the table accept a division of Ukraine with the territory known as Novorossiya becoming either a seperate state, or returned to Russia.

I personally believe that the goal is for Russia is a united Ukraine but as you said, one that has purged its Nazi elements, etc. But reality will be a whole different matter and it will be more like what you also think, separated states. I think what we are witnessing is pre soviet borders going back to what they once were with some adjustments. This is indication that creating a false state to hold them together doesn't work. I truly think Novorussia will exist as an entity someday as the locals of Novorussia as now do not even like Kiev and have too much of a tough stance that the two sides will never get along. What Peskov is saying is more in line what you are saying. I recall hearing Peskov also say in the past about the rights of the Novorussian people so it is obvious he is for the people and not for some silly diplomatic solution that wont solve anything (anyone with half a brain knows that if Kiev re-obtains Donetsk and Lugansk somehow (magic?) that they will do their own purge and will just continue on with the blatant anti Russian campaign which will mean total loss for Russia, which I don't think they want that).
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri May 27, 2016 6:55 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Thanks.

I understand that you may have a polarised position but I have no dog in this fight. I just comment on what I see and, given what has happened over the past two years, I fail to see how the Ukraine can return to a properly functioning single state, given the degree of animosity between parts of the population, for decades. In a 'normal' civil war the participants are spread around the territory so have to come to an accommodation at the end of it. In a civil war like this which is territory based accommodation is seldom possible, they just break apart with a degree of ethnic movement.

As to the economy, much of the underinvestment since 1990 has been due to inadequate governance and nest feathering. Neither the West nor Russia has enough money to redress that until Ukraine goes bankrupt and start again. Clearly, given by the IMF/US/EU attitude to lending, i. e. not actually giving more money, they think that event is definitely on the cards. Any outsider that puts money in buying one of the 400 or so enterprises that are supposed to be up for sale this year, has to factor in the possibility that what they buy could be re-nationalised or seized in the future.

Russia has strong ties to the area, both historically and for strategic defence, but it is very clear that they are secondary to what Moscow believes are in the best interests of Russia as a whole. In effect, they can wait until Russia has withstood the death throws of the US dollar as the petro dollar and world reserve currency. Very tough on the those in Donbas in the short to medium term whose position may not significantly change unless Kiev lashes out in its own death throw forcing Russia to react, something Russia is trying to put off for as long as possible so that the West virtually asks Russia to sort it or just ignores it.

The solution is very simple, the same solution how it turned into a nazi and jew oligarchy shithole that from being russian being now anti-russian US soil. It takes time, to reverse all the two decade long propaganda and of this horseshit fabrication of Ukrainian people, ethnicity, language and history. Banning of NGO's that have orchastrated the coup de etat and financing the media from out and within of jew oligarchy or direct of US,british and jewish roots. Destruction of all banderasite organisations, groups, monuments and parties of whatever nature political, military or just private. This banderasitism will decrease over two decades. Two decades is nothing for a country, it maybe long for individuals like you who are incapable to think in long or even short terms as a nation, but i am looking on the big picture of a country and the destruction of the hegemony attempts of creating NWO, that is the highest priority. There is no way around it, no money is to much to destroy them and free the world from this ridiculous NWO shit, everything is better than this NWO hegemony of total controll and reduction of population for some religious fanatics that see themselfs as gods on this planet.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri May 27, 2016 8:10 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    I personally believe that the goal is for Russia is a united Ukraine but as you said, one that has purged its Nazi elements, etc.  But reality will be a whole different matter and it will be more like what you also think, separated states.  I think what we are witnessing is pre soviet borders going back to what they once were with some adjustments.  This is indication that creating a false state to hold them together doesn't work.  I truly think Novorussia will exist as an entity someday as the locals of Novorussia as now do not even like Kiev and have too much of a tough stance that the two sides will never get along.  What Peskov is saying is more in line what you are saying.  I recall hearing Peskov also say in the past about the rights of the Novorussian people so it is obvious he is for the people and not for some silly diplomatic solution that wont solve anything (anyone with half a brain knows that if Kiev re-obtains Donetsk and Lugansk somehow (magic?) that they will do their own purge and will just continue on with the blatant anti Russian campaign which will mean total loss for Russia, which I don't think they want that).

The word "confederation" is suddenly appearing within DNR administration, today in fact. Two years ago, and less, this concept was shouted down and laughed at. Well, things change. I certainly agree that what may happen is a return to pre Soviet borders, and the adjustments being perhaps plebicites in Transcarpathia and Galicia, as while they had been part of SU, they cannot really be claimed as Russian historically, tho even in Lvov there are people who would want to be part of Russia, or at least live within a "brotherly country".

Without going into a multitude of scenarios, some possible, some difficult or impossible, it seems that the mood music begins to point to major division of Ukraine. I can see circumstances in which at least all historical Novorossiya, but probably all left bank including Chernigov, Sumy and Poltava, is split from Ukraine, and on a cautious approach as regards any steps to avoid WWIII, not taken into Russia immediately, but becoming, at least for a time, a nation state set up as a confederation, this to recognize that Chernigov, Sumy and Poltava were not part of Novorossiya. To look beyond this, for instance the status of Kiev and would it also return to Russia at some time in the future, is difficult due to what will happen when the fighting begins, of what threats Washington issues, of who will blink, if anybody. I can see a Novorossiya existing whatever political shouting and brinkmanship occurs, but beyond that is too difficult and would only be dreams. I would not want to be Putin, for at some time in the near future he may be faced with a Kiev offensive that has made significant progress, and I say here about all DNR south of Dokuchaevsk. To let it happen will probably mean the end for Donetsk, but to send in fire brigade will be so obvious that denial would be ridiculous, and at that point he may have to make the descision of finishing this entire affair. I think if there is a serious "Battle of Telmanovo", which will be won, it will be followed within days, or even hours, by a "Battle of Kherson", and then anything is possible from reclaiming all Ukraine to WWIII, well, not quite, but too close for comfort I think.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Fri May 27, 2016 10:51 pm

http://cs635102.vk.me/v635102580/9a94/0NgYBqIaHKw.jpg

http://cs635102.vk.me/v635102580/9a9d/us8C3fL_KW0.jpg

http://dan-news.info/defence/razvedka-dnr-perexvatila-dokument-minoborony-ukrainy-o-nizkoj-boegotovnosti-vsu-v-donbasse.html

Donetsk, 27 May - DAN. Shortage of personnel in the Donbass Ukrainian units is 40 per cent, standing on the arms of the military equipment is outdated, and delivered from the US constantly fails. This is evidenced by the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense documents, intercepted intelligence DNI.

This is a memo Head of Communications and Press of Ukraine Motuzyannika the deputy commander of the forces of the name "ATO" Konstantin Sokolov. Today it is presented at a briefing given command of the operational command of the DNI, Major-General Dennis Sinenko.

"Shortage of personnel in certain departments more than 40 percent, mainly in service military equipment 70-80 years, equipment, set the United States, is not suitable for our conditions and constantly breaks down, in a limited number of parts of the fuel and lubricants" - listed the main points Sinenko document.

It also deals with the reduction of the monetary allowance for military personnel involved in the fighting, the systematic collisions of insurgents "natsbatov" with servicemen MAT, receiving status of the participant of fighting soldiers and officers, who are not actually on the line of contact. * Np * bb

Captured Ukrainian report about the state of Ukrainian army on the front actually show, that Ukrainian army is in bad shape and in low morale. There are also a lot of fightings between nazi battalions and Ukrainian army. Considering, that Novorussian army is now of similar size that 404 side, I'm not surprised, that Novorussian army hardly wait that orcs start war again and that they could beat them out from Novorussia and defeat them once and for all.
    zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Fri May 27, 2016 11:26 pm

Deindustrialization of Ukraine continues with full pace, until recently successful enterprise Zaporozhian electro-locomotive plant is being sold for scrap metal

http://golos.zp.ua/obshhestvo/zaporozhskij-jelektrovozoremontnyj-zavod-razbirajut-na-metall.html
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri May 27, 2016 11:56 pm

How the Kazakh Maidan ended.

Kazakhstans Speznas have arrested the 5th columnists.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Sat May 28, 2016 12:13 am

Werewolf wrote:How the Kazakh Maidan ended.

Wrong thread WW, anyway i feel like they really do have reasons to protest down there, but given the current geopolitical situation, best not risk it.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat May 28, 2016 12:37 am

AlfaT8 wrote:

Wrong thread WW, anyway i feel like they really do have reasons to protest down there, but given the current geopolitical situation, best not risk it.

They certainly have no reason to protest there especially since it is orchastrated maidan project.

With videos like the "Julia" created by 5th columnists to blame Nasarbajew for things that are not true.

AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Sat May 28, 2016 6:04 am

Werewolf wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:

They certainly have no reason to protest there especially since it is orchastrated maidan project.

With videos like the "Julia"  created by 5th columnists to blame Nasarbajew for things that are not true.

Connection to maidan!
    Good riddance then.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sat May 28, 2016 9:01 am

(VIDEO) Avdeevka: UAF snipers shoot at OSCE observers and journalists
    May 27, 2016 -
    Novorossiya -
    Translated by J. Arnoldski

http://www.fort-russ.com/2016/05/video-avdeevka-uaf-snipers-shoot-at.html

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24 - Page 35 D651a1361822b41d9a1de46af4d0a3c1-1

Business | Fri May 27, 2016 2:41pm EDT

Freed by Russia, Ukraine's 'Joan of Arc' may be thorn in own leaders' side

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ukraine-crisis-savchenko-idUSKCN0YI1U5

and lastly I stumbled across this. I found it very interesting because of the information about the Nationalists, Neo Nazis and "proto-fascists and fascists". It was written in 1999, and the source is: SICSA The Vidal Sassoon International Center for the Study of Antisemitism
          ACTA The Analysis of Current Trends in Antisemitism--A special research unit
    (Full Text)

ACTA NO. 14
        Jerusalem: SICSA, 1999

Antisemitism of the Ukrainian Radical Nationalists: Ideology and Policy

by

Liudmila Dymerskaya-Tsigelman and Leonid Finberg

(Translated from Russian: Yisrael Cohen)

I'm not posting it to yank anyone's chain about Jewish persons, nor am I posting it to "bash" Russia or the USSR. but for the information in itabout Ukraine and the Ultra-Nationalists! Which for me was considerable, about the long agenda of the Ultra-Nationalists, etc. in Ukraine, and their re-writing history, and hatred of Russians, and in 1999 also of Jews.

Talk about being almost prophecy. They did not exactly hit the nail on the head, but 16 years after this piece was written, we see the extreme nationalist groups in the Ukraine on the front line, in a civil war against Eastern Ukrainians. & a two year old war.  :

"Leonid Pliushch, a leading Ukrainian democrat, believes that under conditions of social and political instability that is often accompanied by mass neuroses, the activity of UNSO (which he associates with Nazi storm troopers) “may become a point of crystallization for a new myth of the 20th century,” with consequences like those associated with the Nazi Rosenberg’s myth about the Jews.109

There seems little chance that such fears may be realized, although one cannot say that they are unfounded. At present, aggression might be less directed against Jews as such (and with emigration, their numbers are diminishing in the Ukraine), than against everything seen as negative or hostile. In accordance with traditional stereotypes, for example, the nouveaux riches of the Ukraine are called “Jewish” regardless of their origins. In parallel, supporters of democracy — seen by the radical nationalists as “alien” and “destructive” — are therefore associated with a “Jewish” desire for global domination.

The possible shift of such ideologies closer tot he center of Ukrainian political life and the transformation of their programs from propaganda to action will depend largely on the degree of social instability that leads to “social madness” as well as the “mystical” trend that encourages political, national, and religious extremism.110

A number of factors would contribute to destabilization leading to increasing influence of the extreme nationalists: deterioration of Russian-Ukrainian relations due to conflicting claims in the Crimea and the ships of the former Soviet Navy in the Black Sea; unresolved economic problems; a rise in unemployment; aggravation of social conflicts; a further decline in productivity; increasing poverty of the population; a crisis in Ukrainian culture; and/or conflicts within the power structure.

The weakness of the state and the inefficiency of the judicial system, along with the lack of a developed civil society make it impossible to guarantee the security of citizens in general, and Jews in particular.

It is not possible to predict the future of extreme nationalist groups in the Ukraine. This will be determined by the respective strength of opposing forces both in the Ukraine itself, and to an equal degree, in all of the former Soviet Union, especially Russia. The world has become more interdependent than ever before. Thus, the hour of the extreme nationalists will come in the Ukraine only if the hour of their peers arrives in Russia and in Europe. "
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sat May 28, 2016 9:14 am

Patrick Lancaster ‏@PLnewstoday 9h9 hours ago

The sound of war just started echoing through the #Donetsk city center. heard about 10 explosions so far

Patrick Lancaster ‏@PLnewstoday May 26

The war torn area of Octobersky in #Donetsk held a memorial to Honour civilians killed by #Ukraine forces in the war

(I think this is a great picture by Patrick Lancaster.)

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24 - Page 35 CjapcvZXIAALa1U

Patrick Lancaster ‏@PLnewstoday May 26

#Donetsk Airport under fire by #Ukraine shelling today, 2 years after the #war started there.

Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sat May 28, 2016 9:22 am

Putin to Poroshenko, Merkel and Hollande: 'Stop shelling Donbass, now!'
    SOTT | May 24, 2016

http://linkis.com/blogspot.com/5N5Ta

Fort Russ - Putin called on APU to stop shelling of Donbass immediately. Russian President Vladimir Putin in a telephone conversation with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, French President Francois Hollande, and President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko has called for an immediate end to the attacks on settlements in Donbas from the Ukrainian Armed Forces, according to the Kremlin press service. A telephone conversation between the leaders of the Norman Quartet was held on Tuesday night. "Putin has called for an immediate end to attacks by the armed Ukrainian formations on the settlements Donbass. It was emphasized that a key element of the settlement should be direct dialogue with Kiev-Donetsk-Luhansk for the full and comprehensive implementation of the Minsk agreement of 12 February 2015," concluded the press release. RusVesna, May 24, 2016 Translated from Russian by Tom Winter wrote:
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sat May 28, 2016 9:23 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:(VIDEO) Avdeevka: UAF snipers shoot at OSCE observers and journalists
    And on the same day that OSCE and journalists, not all Russian but from other countries, were fired at by ukrops from Avdeevka, the BBC on their site carried a report saying how it was ukrops being attacked everyday, and their excuse for a journalist, Tom Burridge, interviewing a ukrops who was saying how they are fighting for "their" land. Of course there were no BBC journalists at the incoming end of the firing, no reports from Yasinovataya, Zaitsevo, Golmoisky, Kuibshevsky, Staromikhailovka, Marinka, Sahanka, or Dokuchaevsk which got hammered again overnight. The "C" in BBC means corporation, but I can think of another word beginning with C that fits better.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sat May 28, 2016 9:29 am

OSCE Representative calls for swift investigation into attacks on journalists in Ukraine
    VIENNA 24 May 2016

http://www.osce.org/fom/242406

VIENNA, 24 May 2016 – OSCE Representative Dunja Mijatović today called on the authorities in Ukraine to conduct a swift investigation of the attack against Anatoly Ostapenko, journalist with Hromadske TV in Zaporizhzhia, Ukraine. Ostapenko was brutally beaten today by three unidentified men while on his way to his office in Zaporizhzhia, and he sustained several injuries as a result of the attack. “As the disturbing developments with regards to journalists’ safety continue in different parts of Ukraine, I reiterate my call on the authorities to do their utmost to keep the issue high on the agenda and put an end to the impunity for these crimes,” Mijatović said. The latest reports raised by Mijatović with the authorities include: An attack in Kyiv on the office of the Ukraine Television Channel on 22 April by a group of about 15 people who splashed the lobby with red paint and scattered leaflets with intimidating expressions; Obstruction of the work of Vitaliy Franzyuk, a camera operator with the channel NTN, by several people in the presence of police officers while filming a crime scene in Kyiv on 6 April. Franzyuk’s camera was reportedly damaged; An attack on and intimidation against journalists from the 1+1 Channel in Kyiv on 1 April; An arson attack on the office of the television studio of Konotop Channel in Sumy Region on 1 April. wrote:

Maxim Eristavi ‏@MaximEristavi May 25

Ukraine: THIRD attack on a journo this week.
    This time a Kherson City Hall MP attacks reporter for IMI

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24 - Page 35 CjVIiexVAAEEdGa

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:41 am