Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+63
DerWolf
ahmedfire
Boshoed
Visc
Grazneyar
Teshub
Acheron
Project Canada
Juul
Kadmos45
nemrod
SturmGuard
Azi
mack8
NationalRus
Viktor
Khepesh
Monarchist
AK-Rex
JohnSnow
Regular
Rodinazombie
Zivo
VladimirSahin
TheArmenian
GunshipDemocracy
ultron
arpakola
calm
PapaDragon
elevonic
medo
sepheronx
crod
GarryB
Big_Gazza
AlfaT8
Isos
Neutrality
Werewolf
OminousSpudd
d_taddei2
Solncepek
kvs
BKP
max steel
franco
Morpheus Eberhardt
George1
victor1985
Erk
magnumcromagnon
Vann7
higurashihougi
KoTeMoRe
short_fuze
JohninMK
Karl Haushofer
KomissarBojanchev
par far
KiloGolf
Dima
Walther von Oldenburg
67 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #7

Juul

Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 26 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

Post  Juul Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:53 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:Turkey has opted for escalation and the US has green lighted it according to Landis.

Basically, expect two things. Some Air losses. A lot of dual collateral damage. IMO I don't GAF anymore. Iran was right, the peace efforts were executed too soon. So Russia will have to bomb a lot of people in the stone age. Until they're all dead or routed.  

That or full retreat from Syria. Right now it feels like the intervention was all for nothing.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:49 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:Turkey has opted for escalation and the US has green lighted it according to Landis.

Basically, expect two things. Some Air losses. A lot of dual collateral damage. IMO I don't GAF anymore. Iran was right, the peace efforts were executed too soon. So Russia will have to bomb a lot of people in the stone age. Until they're all dead or routed.  

Air losses? Why? VKS definitely has that covered, remember first three months? Nothing clowns sent would make too much difference.

I think that sponsors and "rebels" overestimated themselves here badly. They will not enjoy impending Mini-Armageddon.

Also, fever and fever folks in the west public give a fook about them.

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:17 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

Air losses? Why? VKS definitely has that covered, remember first three months? Nothing clowns sent would make too much difference.

I think that sponsors and "rebels" overestimated themselves here badly. They will not enjoy impending Mini-Armageddon.

Because at some point, there will be a chopper that will get downed along with Syrian planes. It's statistics; Manpads will eventually hit. I'm not talking about the Jets. i'm talking about helicopters. Also the problem stands at the fact that Russians made a huge concession by not continuing to press their advantage.

This isn't the first time "some parties" screw the "peace process". Basically this is going to the finish.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:29 pm

Helicopters, got it.

Good points, still this time I think it will be some heavy stuff getting dropped on jihadists. Expediency over subtlety.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:31 am

Any bets as to russia's response?
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:46 am

Meanwhile Obama Sends More Troops To Iraq; Authorizes Use Of Apache Helicopters; Gives $415 Million To Local Army.US would send another 200 additional troops, raising the number of U.S. troops in Iraq to about 4,100.Ashton Carter “says we will provide up to $415MM in financial assistance
    to Peshmerga fighters.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:55 am

Juul wrote:

That or full retreat from Syria. Right now it feels like the intervention was all for nothing.
    Welcome to the site and this thread.

Before anyone will take any notice of what you have to say you need to obey the rules and post in the Introductions thread.
    Project Canada

Post  Project Canada Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:32 am

Why is Russia giving too much concessions when US and its minions will eventually press ahead and sabotage Russian gains in Syria anyway??
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:43 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Because at some point, there will be a chopper that will get downed along with Syrian planes. It's statistics; Manpads will eventually hit. I'm not talking about the Jets. i'm talking about helicopters. Also the problem stands at the fact that Russians made a huge concession by not continuing to press their advantage.

This isn't the first time "some parties" screw the "peace process". Basically this is going to the finish.

Vetibesk/President-S is your friend. How about we start taking out Turkish military positions across the border with Smerch, let them try to evoke article 5, call their bluff and pull the Greek trump card.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:53 am

Project Canada wrote:Why is Russia giving too much concessions when US and its minions will eventually press ahead and sabotage Russian gains in Syria anyway??

Saves the hassle, keeps Iranians "honest", keeps SAA on their toes and doing their job, get them diplomatic and PR cookie points and most importantly, while some jihadists will naturally break cease-fire others will not so that means less workload and more divisions and possible infighting among the enemy.

Zivo wrote:Any bets as to russia's response?

No shortage of options... especially when you add Kurds to the equation...

Those Tu-22s seem to be a bit light on the sortie marks don't you guys agree? Twisted Evil
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:16 am

Project Canada wrote:Why is Russia giving too much concessions when US and its minions will eventually press ahead and sabotage Russian gains in Syria anyway??

Because Putin wanted to Freeze the conflict. and Economically exhaust Turkey and Saudi Arabia
    but also americans with the war.  It seems Russia saw ,that if they take Idlib and Northern Syria
    the probabilities of a war between Syria and Turkey was inevitable ,because Turkey artillery can fire across the border and hit any part of Idlib or any part of Northern Syria. And the Syrian army naturally will had to fight back at bomb Turkey artillery back. That will provoke a major war that will draw Russia into the conflict ..and it seems thats what Russia was trying to avoid.

The major mistake of Russia , have always been , been late to react ,when they need to do it.
    IN Ukraine ,They allowed Yakunovych to be overthrow ,instead of sending anti protesters fighters to break the bandits taking control of kiev and now needs to send hundreds of private military armed with weapons to Eastern Ukraine to help them to hold. and for near 5 years Russia left Syria alone with the war .  Did not provided Syrian army with enough armor to minimize the loses. So Russia waited until Syria lost 70% of its territory to start helping them.  

What is Russia going to do now? it will have to pull back its airforce that he retreat  or it will have to allow Turkey and Saudi Arabia with the ok of Americans to retake again all the territory they captured back.

basically by starting the war ,they want to put a major pressure on Russia again. 600 millions dollars that was the cost of the 6 months operation is a lot of money for Russia. Russia will need to get Iranians to be more involved in the war or even ask China help ,because they alone cannot sustain the cost of the war and the  bombing every day.as they used to do.

What needs to be always keep in mind ,that the real Target of the Americans war against Syria is Russia. they want to repeat the Soviet vs Afgan war ,that exhausted Russia economy and lost dozen of thousands of soldiers . So if a lot of Russian soldiers start to be killed and many Russian planes start to be shutdown by Rebels. lets say that nato provide them with next generation manpads never seen before . or with mobile air defenses like NATO version of PAntsir , then the popularity of Putin will sink and definitively the Syrian war ,how Russia performs there will control the future of Putin in politics. Hopefully Russians will get a President with a more dynamic and active policy that will seek to prevent conflicts to start ,instead of waiting they happen first. to later be sorry.

i dont think the Terrorist have a chance to win , military speaking ,but a major pressure in Russia will happen ,and this time Turkey with the ok of Americans can be providing special military and chemical warfare against Syrian army and Russia positions. Also false flags with civilians killed and blamed on Russia ,is not out of the table. Possibly Russia will be forced to respond with chemical warfare too and who knows if tactical nukes too ,even if that means being framed later of thousands civilians lives.

Last edited by Vann7 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 26 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:28 am

PapaDragon wrote:

Saves the hassle, keeps Iranians "honest", keeps SAA on their toes and doing their job, get them diplomatic and PR cookie points and most importantly, while some jihadists will naturally break cease-fire others will not so that means less workload and more divisions and possible infighting among the enemy.

Zivo wrote:Any bets as to russia's response?

No shortage of options... especially when you add Kurds to the equation...

Those Tu-22s seem to be a bit light on the sortie marks don't you guys agree? Twisted Evil  

quite agree, but i think i would add Tu-95, and Tu-160, and some ship/sub launched Kaliber missiles to that list, and bring in 12 of Mig-29SMT, and Iskander and lets see them at work  Twisted Evil

i think it would be good for Russia to display the power etc of the Mig-29SMT and Iskander in Syria especially Iskander would show Turkey just whats on its door step, and the fact that its likely they would struggle to detect it in till it hit its targets further adding to the fear.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:58 am

The American government have not much to lose by keeping the war going. The Americans
    citizens do not care their government is aiding ALqaeda and ISIS to destroy an entire nation civilization. As they did with Lybia. and no evidence provided by Russia will make americans
    citizens to overthrow its government. Only if Russia have the courage to take the fight to
    United States , and demand them to stop providing political support to terrorism and the nations aiding them or else that Russia will declare war against them. Only that will awaken the American society and the mafia government in US , that they have gone too far in Syria and needs to stop or else face a major real war with Russia. By taking the fight to Americans Russia can effectively
    end the proxy war . And no longer allow Americans to hide behind Terrorist ,Turkey and Saudis
    to attack Russia.  And put a huge pressure on American Government that if they do not stop
    aiding terrorism directly or indirectly and do not immediately end the war against Syria
    that their military and its nation will be a legitimate target for Russian missiles. If Russia creates another CUban like missile crisis ,it will Paralize the america citizens ,and call world attention that US is aiding terrorism and that Russia is ready to take the fight to Americans to stop their policies and games against Syria. The major point that Russia needs to make is that is ready to fight United States to Stop their destruction of that country and their support to terrorism and country who finance them.

Last edited by Vann7 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    ultron

Post  ultron Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:59 am

I do worry SAA losing ground lately. Lost Eis and Naqus. Opposition is always on the offensive. SAA is always on the defensive. The best defense is offense. If Putin continues SAA to not fight back and respect the peace treaty, then SAA soldiers will say screw this I'm not risking my life for this and defect to Opposition and Damascus would fall. Putin is playing a very dangerous game not respecting the lives of SAA soldiers. If you treat your own soldiers like crap, the consequence will be grave.
    ultron

Post  ultron Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:06 am

At this point, the best hope for Russia is Trump getting elected. If an establishment candidate like Hillary or Cruz or Kasich is elected, then the US will start supplying terrorists with Patriot air defense and Paladin artillery and that will be very dangerous for the Russian base in Latakia. Obama is a softy and the US political elite has been keen to up the hostility against Russia.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:11 am

Well, Russia stated if negotiations fail, they will be back at the airforce base in full force. I too would like to see MiG-29SMT and others. Maybe move land based Kalibr to the base, container launchers.
    ultron

Post  ultron Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:13 am

sepheronx wrote:Well, Russia stated if negotiations fail, they will be back at the airforce base in full force. I too would like to see MiG-29SMT and others. Maybe move land based Kalibr to the base, container launchers.

Putin says the peace treaty is not broken because even if the Opposition takes Damascus the peace treaty is still valid. Once a peace treaty is signed, it cannot finish.
    ultron

Post  ultron Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:47 am

Obama called Putin to order SAA to not fire back when attacked by Opposition. Basically, Opposition can shoot at SAA, SAA cannot fire back to defend themselves.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/04/18/obama-calls-putin-intense-talks-syria-ukraine/83192970/

At this rate, SAA defect to Opposition because what's the point of losing your life because of incompetent leadership.

It appears, Obama, not Putin, is the chess master. Putin follows Obama's orders.

Last edited by ultron on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:49 am

ultron, I understand your concern but you don't have to make a big deal out of it man. Putin will not let the Assad regime fall, Now that the ceasefire has been violated you can expect a even more powerful force to be deployed to Syria. I for one would support our ground soldiers being deployed, We 100% have some guys who would volunteer to go to Syria.
    ultron

Post  ultron Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:50 am

VladimirSahin wrote:ultron, I understand your concern but you don't have to make a big deal out of it man.  Putin will not let the Assad regime fall, Now that the ceasefire has been violated you can expect a even more powerful force to be deployed to Syria. I for one would support our ground soldiers being deployed, We 100% have some guys who would volunteer to go to Syria.

Why should I be concerned? I'm not a Russian. Russian people should be concerned Moscow will fall to the Americans under Putin's rule.
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:01 am

You seem so concerned about it I assumed you were maybe Russian, I don't follow up on you that detailed apologies. And I completely disagree with what you just said.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:16 am

Assad’s future not being discussed in secret: Lavrov https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/assads-future-not-discussed-secret-lavrov/ | Al-Masdar News

Massive Jihadist offensive in NE Latakia ends in failure https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/massive-jihadist-offensive-ne-latakia-ends-failure/ | Al-Masdar News

Syrian Army officially repels Jund Al-Aqsa at Hakoura in Al-Ghaab https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-officially-repels-jund-al-aqsa-hakoura-al-ghaab/ | Al-Masdar News
    ultron

Post  ultron Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:26 am

I know Obama's strategy now. Obama phones Putin, tells Putin to order SAA to not fire back when attacked by Opposition. Opposition takes ground. SAA has to retreat. This is bad for SAA morale because they can only retreat, not allowed to recapture lost ground, because of peace treaty signed by Putin. SAA soldiers don't risk their lives fighting for a lost cause. SAA soldiers defect to join Opposition. So, even though Putin was winning, Putin loses by losing Damascus to Opposition because of a simple phone call and a peace treaty. This is how Obama check mated Putin in Syria.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/04/18/obama-calls-putin-intense-talks-syria-ukraine/83192970/

SAA lost Eis and now Naqus. This is only the beginning. Opposition offensive will become more and more intense and Russian air force is not allowed to bomb Opposition because of peace treaty signed by Putin and SAA is not allowed to recapture lost ground because of peace treaty signed by Putin.

Putin is the dumbest leader in the history of humanity.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:01 am

ultron wrote:I know Obama's strategy now. Obama phones Putin, tells Putin to order SAA to not fire back when attacked by Opposition. Opposition takes ground. SAA has to retreat. This is bad for SAA morale because they can only retreat, not allowed to recapture lost ground, because of peace treaty signed by Putin. SAA soldiers don't risk their lives fighting for a lost cause. SAA soldiers defect to join Opposition. So, even though Putin was winning, Putin loses by losing Damascus to Opposition because of a simple phone call and a peace treaty. This is how Obama check mated Putin in Syria.

SAA lost Eis and now Naqus. This is only the beginning. Opposition offensive will become more and more intense and Russian air force is not allowed to bomb Opposition because of peace treaty signed by Putin and SAA is not allowed to recapture lost ground because of peace treaty signed by Putin.

I am reporting you for falsifying the information being mentioned by you and the articles you are posting. Since the article you posted does not state any of what you are claiming, it is a direct form of trolling which is against forum rules. Since you have been flooding this site with your constant BS that has been disproved before you even stated it or you are just outright lying, it is becoming a hassle to actually stay on this forums and read this thread when half of the messages are from you cause of your flooding.
    ultron

Post  ultron Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:12 am

sepheronx wrote:
    ultron wrote:I know Obama's strategy now. Obama phones Putin, tells Putin to order SAA to not fire back when attacked by Opposition. Opposition takes ground. SAA has to retreat. This is bad for SAA morale because they can only retreat, not allowed to recapture lost ground, because of peace treaty signed by Putin. SAA soldiers don't risk their lives fighting for a lost cause. SAA soldiers defect to join Opposition. So, even though Putin was winning, Putin loses by losing Damascus to Opposition because of a simple phone call and a peace treaty. This is how Obama check mated Putin in Syria.

I am reporting you for falsifying the information being mentioned by you and the articles you are posting.  Since the article you posted does not state any of what you are claiming, it is a direct form of trolling which is against forum rules.  Since you have been flooding this site with your constant BS that has been disproved before you even stated it or you are just outright lying, it is becoming a hassle to actually stay on this forums and read this thread when half of the messages are from you cause of your flooding.

I quote from the article:

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said the purpose of the call was to "make the case to President Putin that he should use his influence with the Assad regime to live up to the commitments that they've made in the context of the cessation of hostilities."

Opposition does not care about peace treaty. If SAA respects the peace treaty, then it is only a one sided peace treaty. So what I said is entirely accurate.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:24 am