Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+63
DerWolf
ahmedfire
Boshoed
Visc
Grazneyar
Teshub
Acheron
Project Canada
Juul
Kadmos45
nemrod
SturmGuard
Azi
mack8
NationalRus
Viktor
Khepesh
Monarchist
AK-Rex
JohnSnow
Regular
Rodinazombie
Zivo
VladimirSahin
TheArmenian
GunshipDemocracy
ultron
arpakola
calm
PapaDragon
elevonic
medo
sepheronx
crod
GarryB
Big_Gazza
AlfaT8
Isos
Neutrality
Werewolf
OminousSpudd
d_taddei2
Solncepek
kvs
BKP
max steel
franco
Morpheus Eberhardt
George1
victor1985
Erk
magnumcromagnon
Vann7
higurashihougi
KoTeMoRe
short_fuze
JohninMK
Karl Haushofer
KomissarBojanchev
par far
KiloGolf
Dima
Walther von Oldenburg
67 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #7

ultron

Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

Post  ultron Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:45 am

situation is getting critical at Kanasser again

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/isis-captures-7-villages-near-government-supply-line-aleppo/
    ultron

Post  ultron Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:18 am

Can anyone recognize what language is the writing on those boxes? Persian or Arabic?

https://justpaste.it/tber
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:56 am

arpakola wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 25 CgCn546WEAAx46w

Wait, SAA use M16 Shocked Shocked
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:40 pm

higurashihougi wrote:
    arpakola wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 25 CgCn546WEAAx46w

Wait, SAA use M16 Shocked Shocked

and US uniforms from 60´s ... Twisted Evil
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:02 am

ultron wrote:situation is getting critical at Kanasser again

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/isis-captures-7-villages-near-government-supply-line-aleppo/

I dont understand what the fuck is Russia doing in syria . Isis is capturing villages
    and threatening to Cut Aleppo supply route ,so all the gains of Russia airforce in aleppo the previous year reversed.  It does looks like Putin is betraying Syria , even though ,is not yet clear
    what the problem is ,that ISIS is advancing . ISIS is not part of the  cease of fire ,so i see no excuse why Russia does not bombing the hell of ISIS there.  Neutral   I refuse to believe Putin will
    betray Syria but their latest comments and actions create some doubts. Putin speaks now about
    Syria ,in terms that their airforce is "no longer needed there".   Rolling Eyes

i have the feeling that all this Bullshit of "cease of fire" with terrorist ,will have never happened
    if the terrorist fights were happening in Russia and they captured several cities. Still im not completely sure of Russia strategy here ,maybe they just winning time ,but whatever it is ,
    Russia actions in Syria looks very weak.  And Putin claiming "mission acomplished" and that their airforce is no longer needed are completely retarded. and even offensive to Syrians.

Hopefully Putin is only luring all terrorist to concentrate in aleppo to wipe all territorist at once.
    but i will not bet on it. at all. anything is possible.

on more important news an Iranian generals traveling to moscow..

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-iran-soleimani-idUSKCN0XC0TR

This looks to me not like good news.. last time something like that happened was
    when Syria lost Idlib . and this general might be begging Russia for more help from
    Russia. albeit IRAN have done so little there , so who knows. what they will be discussing
    about Syria.

and this is something really disturbing for me.. is the propaganda outlet BBC.
    but at times they do report things that are true .but few times.  They now claiming IRAN is sending Afgans migrants from poor communities in IRAN to fight for Assad.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36035095

What is disturbing is that is not the first time i see reports of IRAN using everyone but Iranians
    to help the Syrian army. According to Syrian perpective , the help of IRAN to Syria have been
    largely Iraqui shias from IRAQ and Kurds to help the syrian army , and a couple of thousand of them . It means that IRAN is largely playing a very lame help to Syria and a very limited one.
    Today IRAN president told that is ready to restore all relations with Turkey and supply all energy
    Turkey needs ,(to help Turkey avoid Russian sanctions to Turkey if they cut the gas supplies to Turkey.)  Neutral

Update...
    After reading Syrian perpective , people there are really angry with lavrov and claiming
    some kind of conspiracy that Russia negotiated the split of northern Syria to Americans.
    This rumor do not comes from just anyone. but also was reported last year by Voltaire net
    website about the cease of fire and the partition of Syria with Russia support. Perhaps Russia
    sees that retaking all northern Syria will mean war with Turkey will be inevitable because they will fire with their artillery across border ,and Syrian army will respond back..and the Russia will
    be drawn on a major war. And perhaps this is the reason why Russia is trying to freeze the conflict instead. and only help Syria only enough for them to survive but try to dissuade
    Syrian army to retake control of northen Syria through military ways.

Last edited by Vann7 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    JohnSnow
    JohnSnow

Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 25 Empty Nusra captured T-90 in Syria?

Post  JohnSnow Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:56 am

There's all kinds of rumor on Twatter claiming that a T-90 has been capture by Nusra in EL Ais.

Any truth to this? and one got more info on this? I know it's most likely a fat ass lie but still....

Thanks!

Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:30 am

JohnSnow wrote:There's all kinds of rumor on Twatter claiming that a T-90 has been capture by Nusra in EL Ais.

Any truth to this? and one got more info on this? I know it's most likely a fat ass lie but still....

Thanks!

I looked, but couldn't find anything.

Until there's pictures, just consider it BS.
    JohnSnow
    JohnSnow

Post  JohnSnow Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:33 am

Zivo wrote:
    JohnSnow wrote:There's all kinds of rumor on Twatter claiming that a T-90 has been capture by Nusra in EL Ais.

Thanks!

Agreed.

ps: forgot to include a twatter link for my earlier post.
    here: https://twitter.com/LlamameIshmael/status/721449192191877120
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:24 pm

JohnSnow wrote:
    Zivo wrote:

Thanks!

Agreed.

It was a T-72 not a T-90.
    JohnSnow
    JohnSnow

Post  JohnSnow Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:24 pm

franco wrote:
    JohnSnow wrote:
    Zivo wrote:

Thanks!

Agreed.

It was a T-72 not a T-90.

Thanks.

Did they post any photos, or is it all still a random twatter chatter?
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:30 pm

Vann7 wrote:
    After reading Syrian perpective , people there are really angry with lavrov and claiming
    some kind of conspiracy that Russia negotiated the split of northern Syria to Americans.
    Wouldn't that go against Russian interests as well because it would allow the West to build a pipeline from Qatar through northern Syria to Turkey?
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:39 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:
    Wouldn't that go against Russian interests as well because it would allow the West to build a pipeline from Qatar through northern Syria to Turkey?

I would always i would ask about source...people there means exactly who? a twitter blogger as representative of the whole nation? i would be careful believing in all info coming during info war.

I am sure Lavrov will chose option deemed by Russian leadership as optimal form Russian interests point of view.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 25 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:41 pm

am i the only one thats getting frustrated at the lack of support for NDF positions? everytime the SAA etc get ready for a massive offensive ISIS or FSA and co. attack NDF position and then the whole thing is delayed. Its annoying and the battle to liberate Latakia province has went on for far too long. And as for ISIS i think he tactic of leaving one escape route for them to retreat should be stop as they only go on to reinforce another ISIS front, think its time for no escape route and just kill the rats.

Its about time China got off its ass and support this war on terror, since it passed its new laws allowing Chinese forces to be deployed abroad they have done nothing, send some artillery troops, and some J-10 and Q-5 aircraft, and some Z-10 and Z-11 heli's, and i think Iran should deploy some aircraft as well, along with another 3,000 troops and they dont even have to be IRGC, normal infantry regiments are fine and use them to support NDF positions and protect supply lines, and bring in another 1,000 to use as a Quick reaction force(QRF), in case trouble does kick off that way other SAA units etc dont have to be re-deployed and they can continue with their main objectives. The QRF could also be used for taking back weak spots or isolated enemy positions, or put pressure on enemy positions, while the Iranian air force targets key enemy buildings. The Chinese could use their SP artillery units and heli's for fire support with the QRF, and towed artillery to support NDF positions and SAA supply lines and their air force could seek out and destroy enemy supply lines and convoys.

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:57 am

Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 25 CgRF7DoWEAAmKLW

M46 on truck spotted again
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:21 am

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:

They cannot build a pipeline if Syria airforce bomb it. or do not recognize any split
    of their territories.  Russia strategy seems to be to freeze the conflict as much as possible
    and limit the Syrian to purely defensive positions now. Looks like Russia do not want Syria to recapture Idlib or get too close to Turkey border ,because that will provoke a new war. that will force them to help Syria. and fight Turkey too.  Instead Russia seems to bet that by delaying freezing the conflict for many years and only helping Syria ,only enough to hold their actual positions,will exhaust Turkey and Saudi Arabia economies. Because it cost a lot of money to maintain an army of 50,000 to 75,000 terrorist. that they have in all Syria. As long Syria government is not defeated and they have airforce and artillery ,they can prevent any pipeline
    or even block the normal operation of any part of northen Syria. So all Northen Syria will be a failed state ,without water and electricity and with Syrian airfoce bombing them to force them to leave Syria.  Freezing the conflict can also provoke terrorist factions to fight each other . all said ,Time is on the side of Russia. just like in Ukraine. and Turkey or Saudis will be unable to continue financing terrorist for another 10 years. and will have to give up as long Russia and Syria are there preventing any normal operation of any part of ISIS or Alqaeda controlled zones.
    Russia is fighting an attrition war on Americans and Turkey. it can work the whole thing ,but at the expense of many civilians killed. But it will be worse anyway if Turkey start a war directly with Syria.

So this is why Russia defend the fake Cease of Fire ,is all an illusion ,that seeks to justify freeze the conflict and not go on the offensive and remain purely defensive. So possibly Russia will freeze any fight in Northern Aleppo and Idlib and allow Turkey sponsored terrorist to hold it as much as they want . But it will be a totally landlocked zone ,without water or electricity and that 100% of their food and needs and salaries will have to be supplied by Turkey,saudis and Americans. to about 50,000 to 75,000 terrorist that still are in Syria that is.

This is why Russia openly critisized Assad of his intentions to capture 100% of Syria.
    If syrian army liberates Northen Aleppo and Idlib or try to liberate those place Turkey Artillery
    will attack Syria army across the border ,and Syrian army will fight back and this will pull Russia into a new war ,against Turkey which is what Russia trying to avoid. Russia wants to exhaust
    Turkey and the terrorist , to the point the give up and leave their failed and useless zones ,and Syria retake its territory without firing a bullet and with Turkey no longer seeking to take it.

always remember that every single supply to northern Aleppo and Idlib will have to come from Turkey. it will be very expensive operation. Russia for sure will try to reduce to zero the oil smuggling to Turkey. So it doesn't helps them to finance the war.
    Kadmos45
    Kadmos45

Post  Kadmos45 Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:14 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:

Its about time China got off its ass and support this war on terror, since it passed its new laws allowing Chinese forces to be deployed abroad they have done nothing,

Nah, it was never their Modus Operandi. They'll wait and see who will survive. And sign couple lucrative contracts of course.

Not to mention that poking fingers in Saudi puppets (Nusrist etc.) is not economically profitable for them ATM.

I think they should at least provide some supplies to SAA in war with IS on the eastern Syrian front, but who can make them to do that ?
    ultron

Post  ultron Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:23 pm

Opposition launched a huge offensive today and captured Nashaba in Latakia and Naqus in Ghab plain. SAA slowly but surely losing ground because they not allowed by Putin to retake ground under the peace treaty signed with Kerry.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:42 pm

Conflict on the North Hama and Latakia lines, the rebels fired the first shot. The opposition has officially declared the ceasefire over.

ultron

Post  ultron Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:49 pm

Zivo wrote:Conflict on the North Hama and Latakia lines, the rebels fired the first shot. The opposition has officially declared the ceasefire over.

Opposition declared ceasefire over. Putin respects the peace treaty signed with Kerry and will not help SAA. The best defense is offense. Opposition has it right. Putin has it wrong.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrias-armed-opposition-officially-announces-end-truce/

Remember, Putin does not want a fight. Putin wants frozen conflicts in Donbas and in Syria and in Transnistria and in South Ossetia / Abkhazia / Georgia and in Armenia / Azerbaijan.

Last edited by ultron on Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    arpakola
    arpakola

Post  arpakola Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:50 pm

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrias-armed-opposition-officially-announces-end-truce/
    Syria’s armed opposition officially announces ‘end of truce’

Several armed opposition factions declared today a new all-out offensive against the Syrian Arab Army in response to what they claimed to be ‘the regime’s increasing violations of the ceasefire’. Up to ten armed factions, including the Saudi and Turkish-backed Jayshal-Islam and Jaysh al-Fateh, issued a statement whereby they announced forming “a joint operation room” in order “to respond to the increasing and frequent violations of Regime forces against the camps that house displaced civilians”. Yesterday, Mohammed Alloush, the chief negotiator of Syrian opposition delegation in Geneva, called on to resume fight against the government troops in spite of the months-long ceasefire. The call has been also endorsed by Assad al-Zoubi, head of the same delegation.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrias-armed-opposition-officially-announces-end-truce/ | Al-Masdar News
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:53 pm

arpakola wrote:https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrias-armed-opposition-officially-announces-end-truce/

Several armed opposition factions declared today a new all-out offensive against the Syrian Arab Army in response to what they claimed to be ‘the regime’s increasing violations of the ceasefire’. Up to ten armed factions, including the Saudi and Turkish-backed Jayshal-Islam and Jaysh al-Fateh, issued a statement whereby they announced forming “a joint operation room” in order “to respond to the increasing and frequent violations of Regime forces against the camps that house displaced civilians”. Yesterday, Mohammed Alloush, the chief negotiator of Syrian opposition delegation in Geneva, called on to resume fight against the government troops in spite of the months-long ceasefire. The call has been also endorsed by Assad al-Zoubi, head of the same delegation.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrias-armed-opposition-officially-announces-end-truce/ | Al-Masdar News

The peace process is back to square one.

Russia had success in bringing the opposition to the discussion table through force, I expect this strategy to be repeated.
    ultron

Post  ultron Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:54 pm

From the very start, I criticized Putin's peace treaty with Kerry. Jihadists will never commit to some peace treaty. Jihadists are not afraid of death because of their sick twisted ideology.
    ultron

Post  ultron Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:58 pm

Zivo wrote:
    arpakola wrote:https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrias-armed-opposition-officially-announces-end-truce/

The peace process is back to square one.

Russia had success in bringing the opposition to the discussion table through force, I expect this strategy to be repeated.

You are wrong. Jihadists are not afraid of death because of their sick twisted ideology. You cannot negotiate peace with jihadists. If they do sign a peace treaty, it is only for buying time and rearm and gain the initialize to attack where they want, when they want.

Fool me one, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. No more peace treaty with jihadists until the Day of Judgment.
    ultron

Post  ultron Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:10 pm

Rebels took Naqus and now storming Hankora. Sun Tzu says, never sue for peace when you are winning. Anyone who does not follow Sun Tzu will lose miserably. That includes Putin who thinks he's so smart he doesn't have to listen to Sun Tzu.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/jund-al-aqsa-storms-haqoura-village-northwest-hama/
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:25 pm

Turkey has opted for escalation and the US has green lighted it according to Landis.

Basically, expect two things. Some Air losses. A lot of dual collateral damage. IMO I don't GAF anymore. Iran was right, the peace efforts were executed too soon. So Russia will have to bomb a lot of people in the stone age. Until they're all dead or routed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:12 am