Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Share

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3665
    Points : 3777
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:23 pm

    higurashihougi wrote:Dear all Christian fellows in the forum, do you feel backstabbed ?

    https://www.rt.com/news/334270-us-genocide-christians-unreached/

    The Obama administration says Islamic State’s persecution of Christian minorities in Iraq and Syria is not genocide. The point to term it as such “has not been reached,” White House spokesman Josh Earnest said at a press briefing.

    Meh, over here we got used to it for couple of decades already....

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3547
    Points : 3582
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:29 pm

    It's the US, fringe fanatics' El Dorado. They're genocide 101.

    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1516
    Points : 1558
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:53 pm

    higurashihougi wrote:Dear all Christian fellows in the forum, do you feel backstabbed ?

    https://www.rt.com/news/334270-us-genocide-christians-unreached/

    The Obama administration says Islamic State’s persecution of Christian minorities in Iraq and Syria is not genocide. The point to term it as such “has not been reached,” White House spokesman Josh Earnest said at a press briefing.

    Backstabbed you can be by somebody you considered as friendly not by enemy. Barack Hussein Obama is only puppet of ruling masters.

    Walther von Oldenburg
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 894
    Points : 951
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 25
    Location : Oldenburg

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:42 pm

    MENA Christians don't consider Western governments to be their friends. They are more su[[prtove towards Russia.

    Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1035
    Points : 1050
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  Dima on Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:07 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:Syrian PPS 'Birdhouse', responsible for this?



    http://vpk.name/file/img/system_antitow_001.jpg
    Birdhouse. Thats one superb name. Loved it....nothing oficcial about it though.  Very Happy


    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1516
    Points : 1558
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:59 pm

    TOW fail again? this time against T-72






    KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1189
    Points : 1207
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  KiloGolf on Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:02 pm

    Dima wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:Syrian PPS 'Birdhouse', responsible for this?



    http://vpk.name/file/img/system_antitow_001.jpg
    Birdhouse. Thats one superb name. Loved it....nothing oficcial about it though.  Very Happy


    Hobo tank level: expert.

    Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1035
    Points : 1050
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  Dima on Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:40 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:TOW fail again? this time against T-72


    x2FYO6MDWGU

    Video "inconclusive" = T-72 survived the hit 100%. The missile probably hit the turret side?

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3547
    Points : 3582
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:43 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:TOW fail again? this time against T-72






    Nope; Metis M aimed by monkey's probably grazed the turret or went through without killing everyone inside. IMO if the metis penetrated the gunner is in bad shape. But looking at where the missile hit probably it simply grazed the turret.

    Kilo Golf: All it was missing was a dog and a supermarket stroller.

    Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1035
    Points : 1050
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  Dima on Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:56 pm

    Ivan Sidorenko ‏@IvanSidorenko1

    Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1035
    Points : 1050
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  Dima on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:03 pm

    Ivan Sidorenko ‏@IvanSidorenko1

    Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1035
    Points : 1050
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  Dima on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:15 pm

    Suqr Al Sahara/Desert Hawk guys

    Ivan Sidorenko ‏@IvanSidorenko1  1 hour ago
    #Syria #Latakia #Lattakia Photos of #SAA #NDF #SyrianArmy Preparing for the operation that started This Morning.



    Does the Desert Hawks have any mechanised units? Since we have till now seen them concentrated in the mountainous region of Latakia we have not yet seen their armour. In the Palmyra region, it has to be an armoured/mechanised infantry push due to the plains....hope they have fully knitted T-90/72 to ward off the ATGMs and RPGs...

    Major military operation brewing in Palmyra as the Desert Hawks deploy to east Homs
    Over the last 48 hours, the Syrian Arab Army’s 67th Brigade of the 18th Tank Division and their pro-government allies have intensified their military operations in Palmyra’s (Tadmur) northern countryside, capturing several kilometers of oil rich territory from the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham (ISIS) near Jabal Jazal (Jazal Mountains).

    The recent push by the government forces in the Palmyra countryside is part of a much larger military operation that is brewing inside the Homs Governorate’s eastern countryside.

    On Tuesday, the prominent pro-government paramilitary unit “Liwaa Suqour Al-Sahra” (Desert Hawks Brigade) was redeployed from the northeastern countryside of the Latakia Governorate to the deserts of Homs.

    The Desert Hawks played an integral role in the government’s successful offensive in northern Latakia, as their advanced weaponry and training paved the way for the capture of Kinsibba, Rabi’yah, and Salma.

    Unlike the other pro-government paramilitary units, the Desert Hawks were given advanced training from the Russian Army in rural Latakia before they deployed to Jabal Al-Turkmen (Turkmen Mountains) and Jabal Al-Akrad (Kurdish Mountains).

    Their military expertise will be needed for the looming Palmyra offensive because ISIS is deeply entrenched inside this ancient city.

    To recapture Palmyra would be a significant victory for the government forces; however, it would be an even bigger blow to ISIS, who has enjoyed firm control over this city for nearly 10 months.

    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/major-military-operation-brewing-palmyra-desert-hawks-deploy-southeast-homs/ | Al-Masdar News

    KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1189
    Points : 1207
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  KiloGolf on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:21 pm



    yeah... no


    Last edited by KiloGolf on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

    OminousSpudd
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 803
    Points : 822
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Age : 21
    Location : Nelson, New Zealand

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  OminousSpudd on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:23 pm

    higurashihougi wrote:Dear all Christian fellows in the forum, do you feel backstabbed ?

    https://www.rt.com/news/334270-us-genocide-christians-unreached/

    The Obama administration says Islamic State’s persecution of Christian minorities in Iraq and Syria is not genocide. The point to term it as such “has not been reached,” White House spokesman Josh Earnest said at a press briefing.

    Not back-stabbed. To be feeling back-stabbed one would had to have believed the US was a bastion of freedom and protection from these sorts of things, they use Christianity to control their own, nothing more, nothing less.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3547
    Points : 3582
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:26 pm

    Nope!

    KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1189
    Points : 1207
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  KiloGolf on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:54 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:

    yeah... no

    KoTeMoRe wrote:Nope!

    Sums up what's wrong with SAA/NDF proper. Neutral

    Jaish Aux Sovieticus has no such problems.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3547
    Points : 3582
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:01 pm

    Now let's also face it the guy in the picture never had the chance to become something more than his old Type 56 underfolder or the Woodland cammies he's wearing. It's just a silly picture, but indeed shows the trouble the Syrian Soldiers have. They don't have a structure anymore. It's all makeshift. And bad makeshift.

    par far
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1055
    Points : 1190
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  par far on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:02 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:Now let's also face it the guy in the picture never had the chance to become something more than his old Type 56 underfolder or the Woodland cammies he's wearing. It's just a silly picture, but indeed shows the trouble the Syrian Soldiers have. They don't have a structure anymore. It's all makeshift. And bad makeshift.

    Are we talking about how, he holding the rifle?

    par far
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1055
    Points : 1190
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  par far on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:02 pm

    Amnesty deals.

    https://southfront.org/international-military-review-syria-mar-2-2016/



    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3547
    Points : 3582
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:04 pm

    par far wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Now let's also face it the guy in the picture never had the chance to become something more than his old Type 56 underfolder or the Woodland cammies he's wearing. It's just a silly picture, but indeed shows the trouble the Syrian Soldiers have. They don't have a structure anymore. It's all makeshift. And bad makeshift.

    Are we talking about how, he holding the rifle?

    Nope we're talking about the fact that the soldier/NDF guy albeit lacking no courage, is poorly equipped, most than probably uses his gun as it is shown and had, frankly speaking a basic weapon to defend himself.

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4798
    Points : 4845
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  Militarov on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:06 pm

    For something like this in Serbian army you get punished to shovel snow or cut the grass for next 2 months in your "free time". Till you clearly recall how rifle is to be handled properly. Just saying.

    KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1189
    Points : 1207
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  KiloGolf on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:17 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    par far wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Now let's also face it the guy in the picture never had the chance to become something more than his old Type 56 underfolder or the Woodland cammies he's wearing. It's just a silly picture, but indeed shows the trouble the Syrian Soldiers have. They don't have a structure anymore. It's all makeshift. And bad makeshift.

    Are we talking about how, he holding the rifle?

    Nope we're talking about the fact that the soldier/NDF guy albeit lacking no courage, is poorly equipped, most than probably uses his gun as it is shown and had, frankly speaking a basic weapon to defend himself.

    Also them loose, long, unbloused pants over his boots. Not great when you need to bail fast from the BTR or run around the countryside.

    PS. we're not mocking the guy but his higher ups for the neglect they've shown for basic stuff.

    KomissarBojanchev
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 986
    Points : 1139
    Join date : 2012-08-05
    Age : 19
    Location : Varna, Bulgaria

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  KomissarBojanchev on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:20 pm

    kvs wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:I don't know about the nomenclature. It looks like a birdhouse/birdcage. I've read Mirage on Twitter. I've read Sahara (desert) on reddit.

    BTW, I've got to give credit where credit is due. You (more than anyone) was constantly pointing out how Bulgarian arms keep finding their way in to ISIS Daesh-bag hands...then we have this:

    Daesh-Produced Fuel Sold at Bulgarian Gas Stations

    ...So it looks like the Bulgarian connection has been completed. This is most likely the work (arms for oil) of the Bulgarian and Turkish Mafia with Bulgarian and Turkish govt. stamp of approval, underneath the NATO 'stay-behind' umbrella/envelope, with their direction of course. Can you say Grey Wolf?

    Bulgaria has been Turdkey's bitch since the beginning.  It is an enemy to the Orthodox world.
    Bulgarians despise turks more than anyone else. We suffered slavery and islamisation for the longest time under the ottoman khalifate. Unfortunately since an NGO installed neoliberal mafia regime is in power through backroom deals, and bribery , our country is working against its people's interests, and instead for private, criminal, and western ones.

    KomissarBojanchev
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 986
    Points : 1139
    Join date : 2012-08-05
    Age : 19
    Location : Varna, Bulgaria

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  KomissarBojanchev on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:27 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:I don't know about the nomenclature. It looks like a birdhouse/birdcage. I've read Mirage on Twitter. I've read Sahara (desert) on reddit.

    BTW, I've got to give credit where credit is due. You (more than anyone) was constantly pointing out how Bulgarian arms keep finding their way in to ISIS Daesh-bag hands...then we have this:

    Daesh-Produced Fuel Sold at Bulgarian Gas Stations

    ...So it looks like the Bulgarian connection has been completed. This is most likely the work (arms for oil) of the Bulgarian and Turkish Mafia with Bulgarian and Turkish govt. stamp of approval, underneath the NATO 'stay-behind' umbrella/envelope, with their direction of course. Can you say Grey Wolf?
    This is the work the TIM mafia organisation, the oligarch Veselin Mareshki(who recently created his own gas station franchise that purposefully sells the ISIS at the lowest price to bankrupt its national and foreign competitors, and oligarch interests of Lukoil. Since they've already almost completely stolen any wealth located in bulgaria, they turn to cooperate with the grey wolves(they act more like a mafia and have 2 representatives in bulgaria, one of them with a nickname "Sami") and act as middlemen in the smuggling of ISIS oil to europe. The bulgarian government is controlled by US interests, not to mention bought by the mafia, turns a blind eye and the zombified or apathetic population couldn't care less about the origins f the fuel as long as its cheaper. That way the mafia is also saving face by compensating for stealing from the bulgarian population.

    Karl Haushofer
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 635
    Points : 634
    Join date : 2015-05-03

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  Karl Haushofer on Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:03 pm

    KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:I don't know about the nomenclature. It looks like a birdhouse/birdcage. I've read Mirage on Twitter. I've read Sahara (desert) on reddit.

    BTW, I've got to give credit where credit is due. You (more than anyone) was constantly pointing out how Bulgarian arms keep finding their way in to ISIS Daesh-bag hands...then we have this:

    Daesh-Produced Fuel Sold at Bulgarian Gas Stations

    ...So it looks like the Bulgarian connection has been completed. This is most likely the work (arms for oil) of the Bulgarian and Turkish Mafia with Bulgarian and Turkish govt. stamp of approval, underneath the NATO 'stay-behind' umbrella/envelope, with their direction of course. Can you say Grey Wolf?

    Bulgaria has been Turdkey's bitch since the beginning.  It is an enemy to the Orthodox world.
    Bulgarians despise turks more than anyone else. We suffered slavery and islamisation for the longest time under the ottoman khalifate. Unfortunately since an NGO installed neoliberal mafia regime is in power through backroom deals, and bribery , our country is working against its people's interests, and  instead for private, criminal, and western ones.

    Where is Bulgaria's anti-Western Maidan then?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:39 pm


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:39 pm