Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+63
DerWolf
ahmedfire
Boshoed
Visc
Grazneyar
Teshub
Acheron
Project Canada
Juul
Kadmos45
nemrod
SturmGuard
Azi
mack8
NationalRus
Viktor
Khepesh
Monarchist
AK-Rex
JohnSnow
Regular
Rodinazombie
Zivo
VladimirSahin
TheArmenian
GunshipDemocracy
ultron
arpakola
calm
PapaDragon
elevonic
medo
sepheronx
crod
GarryB
Big_Gazza
AlfaT8
Isos
Neutrality
Werewolf
OminousSpudd
d_taddei2
Solncepek
kvs
BKP
max steel
franco
Morpheus Eberhardt
George1
victor1985
Erk
magnumcromagnon
Vann7
higurashihougi
KoTeMoRe
short_fuze
JohninMK
Karl Haushofer
KomissarBojanchev
par far
KiloGolf
Dima
Walther von Oldenburg
67 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #7

Visc
    Visc

Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 33 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

Post  Visc Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:42 pm

Syrians seize Israeli-made arms in Suwayda Province

Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 33 13ea3d9f-84b5-4d09-93a8-329499230211

Syrian officials and locals have confiscated a vehicle loaded with Israeli-manufactured weapons in the Arab country’s southern province of Suwayda.

An unidentified local source said that the authorities ambushed a car full of weapons and ammunition bound for the Daesh Takfiri terrorists on Wednesday morning, Syria's official news agency, SANA, reported.

The vehicle, which was coming from the eastern countryside of Dara’a Province, was heading to the eastern Badiya desert, the source added.

Anti-personnel landmines, RPG launcher and rounds, B9 shells, 120 mm, 80 mm and 60 mm mortars, grenades and 23 mm machine-gun rounds were among the confiscated weapons.

The car’s driver was also killed in the operation, the source further said.

Recently, Suwayda officials also impounded a large amount of medicines that were bound for terrorists operating in the eastern countryside of Dara’a Province.

Last week, popular defense groups in Suwayda also seized a car packed with RPG rounds and other shells on its way to the Badiya desert.

Damascus says the Tel Aviv regime and its Western and regional allies are aiding the Takfiri militant groups fighting against the Syrian government.

Israel has spent millions of dollars for the treatment of terrorists injured in fighting with Syrian government forces, documents from Israeli hospitals show.

Source

---

SAA units eliminate rebel sniper by what I believe to be an "Elephant" rocket lol1
    arpakola
    arpakola

Post  arpakola Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:50 pm

Syria’s security forces confiscate huge amount of Israeli ammo

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrias-security-forces-confiscate-huge-amount-israeli-ammo/ | Al-Masdar News

Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 33 13087708_1773533682880444_8333955218901522660_n
    This morning, the security forces of the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) apprehended a vehicle loaded with a large amount of Israeli-manufactured weapons in Syria’s southern As Swaida’a governorate. According to military sources, the vehicle was heading towards the western countryside of As Swaida’a. However, it failed to reach its destination due to a SAA ambush which was enabled through intel of local residents. The vehicle was packed with land mines, RPG’s with ammo, B9 cannons, mortars (120mm, 80mm & 60mm) and grenades; all of which had Hebrew inscription which suggested them to have been provided by Israel.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrias-security-forces-confiscate-huge-amount-israeli-ammo/ | Al-Masdar News
    arpakola
    arpakola

Post  arpakola Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:56 pm

Made in Pakistan MANPAD at terrorists disposal:

Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 33 1592298_943
    ultron

Post  ultron Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:28 pm

Iran says no alternative to Assad as president. If Putin wants to replace Assad with a pro America Russian hating president like Putin did in Ukraine, uh uh, not gonna get past Iran cheers

http://sputniknews.com/politics/20160427/1038710449/assad-iran-syria.html
    ultron

Post  ultron Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:53 pm

If we don't bomb Ahrar now, we will have to bomb Ahrar in 2017. Either way, there is no escape from war. Putin tried his way with peace. He failed. Jihadists don't want peace. They want martyrdom. cheers

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/340828-president-hillary-russia-american-relations/
    ultron

Post  ultron Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:43 am

Russia refuses to provide air support to SAA in Latakia. Kabani is still occupied by terrorists.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/jihadists-scurry-reinforcements-ne-latakia-overrun/
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:41 am

arpakola wrote:Syria’s security forces confiscate huge amount of Israeli ammo

Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 33 13087708_1773533682880444_8333955218901522660_n
    This morning, the security forces of the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) apprehended a vehicle loaded with a large amount of Israeli-manufactured weapons in Syria’s southern As Swaida’a governorate. According to military sources, the vehicle was heading towards the western countryside of As Swaida’a. However, it failed to reach its destination due to a SAA ambush which was enabled through intel of local residents. The vehicle was packed with land mines, RPG’s with ammo, B9 cannons, mortars (120mm, 80mm & 60mm) and grenades; all of which had Hebrew inscription which suggested them to have been provided by Israel.

1978 ammo...

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:09 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:

1978 ammo...

Probably captured in 1981.

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:47 am

So apparently YPG and FSA are in heavy fights at Tal Rifaat.
    ultron

Post  ultron Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:44 pm

Steffan de Mistura can keep his mouth shut. No peace treaty with terrorists. SAR is the only internationally recognized legitimate authority in Syria. Everyone else, EVERYONE, are terrorists. There will be no end until every terrorist is killed.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:03 pm

Mods do your job, spam is prohibited and posting several comments after another like Ultron does 3-4 posts after another of some nonsense is spamming.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:15 pm

Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

1978 ammo...

Probably captured in 1981.
    No 4 apers  mine. Probably captured along that era.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:19 pm

lol1

Visc
    Visc

Post  Visc Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:30 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Visc wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    2. It was originally, before the import of thousands of foreigners, a civil war. It may not be as clear now but that was the root.

Also, you mentioned reality, so, on a more important note, if you really must comment on the poster that you have just commented on, please do not include his post as a quote as many on here have him on ignore and quoting him bypasses that. Thanks in anticipation.

The reality is that I know nothing about the poster, you or your ignore list, so you could've asked that in a more polite manner. No problems, I will avoid doing it.

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as impolite. It was just that as you have been here for many months and you are clearly versed in and concerned about Syrian affairs, I thought that you would have been watching this thread and therefore read the prior comments on this poster. Thanks for joining in.

As to the thread title, I suspect that you will just have to live with it. Good comments by the way.

While we're at it - I have noticed an interesting occurrence that happens here at RDF and Iran Military Forum when it comes to this 'ultron' person. He is spamming both forums with anti-Putin statements on regular basis (at IMF under alias 'Xi Gua'). I have already warned my brethren at IMF about this so I thought I should do it here as well. One example is in attachements below showing one of many identical posts he made at aproximately the same time (in this example - April 25th at 17:27 on IMF and 17:28 on RDF).

Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 33 Imf11
    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 33 Rdf10

Last edited by Visc on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:40 pm

Yeah i noticed that too. This spammer is active not only here or IMF, but also on PDF, Keypubs and i'm sure other places that i don't go to. Anyone heard whether mr. Vladimir79 has had a chance to review the numerous complaints about this spambot and associated accounts?
    ultron

Post  ultron Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:55 am

Russia denied it carried out an airstrike on the Quds hospital. My guess is it was done by a Shahed 129 which can attack at night using thermal and fires precision missiles. Syria has no plane that can attack at night and with precision.

http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160428/1038790041/airstrike-hospital-reports-aleppo.html

If Russia is too scaredy cat to defend civilians, then Iran will. If Russia is too scaredy cat to confront America, then Iran will. If Russia don't want to get involved in the ME, then Russia is free to leave anytime it wants.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:55 am

Visc wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    Visc wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    2. It was originally, before the import of thousands of foreigners, a civil war. It may not be as clear now but that was the root.

Also, you mentioned reality, so, on a more important note, if you really must comment on the poster that you have just commented on, please do not include his post as a quote as many on here have him on ignore and quoting him bypasses that. Thanks in anticipation.

The reality is that I know nothing about the poster, you or your ignore list, so you could've asked that in a more polite manner. No problems, I will avoid doing it.

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as impolite. It was just that as you have been here for many months and you are clearly versed in and concerned about Syrian affairs, I thought that you would have been watching this thread and therefore read the prior comments on this poster. Thanks for joining in.

As to the thread title, I suspect that you will just have to live with it. Good comments by the way.

While we're at it - I have noticed an interesting occurrence that happens here at RDF and Iran Military Forum when it comes to this 'ultron' person. He is spamming both forums with anti-Putin statements on regular basis (at IMF under alias 'Xi Gua'). I have already warned my brethren at IMF about this so I thought I should do it here as well. One example is in attachements below showing one of many identical posts he made at aproximately the same time (in this example - April 25th at 17:27 on IMF and 17:28 on RDF).

Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 33 Imf11
    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 33 Rdf10

Thanks.

Evidence of Spamming.

I warned Max Steel about the practise and I notice since the warning he has stated when he is repeating things across forums... Ultron has not.

One week ban.

GarryB
    Teshub

Post  Teshub Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:56 am

Visc wrote:While we're at it - I have noticed an interesting occurrence that happens here at RDF and Iran Military Forum when it comes to this 'ultron' person. He is spamming both forums with anti-Putin statements on regular basis (at IMF under alias 'Xi Gua'). I have already warned my brethren at IMF about this so I thought I should do it here as well. One example is in attachements below showing one of many identical posts he made at aproximately the same time (in this example - April 25th at 17:27 on IMF and 17:28 on RDF).
    Okay that's good enough for me. Add me to the ban Ultron camp.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:36 am

Interesting new Report of RT about Turkey and ISIS oil business.

Looks very well done. who ever organized it , kudos.
    Hopefully Erdoga will sooner or later be put in jail for life time.
    Visc
    Visc

Post  Visc Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:45 am

Vann7 wrote:

Interesting new Report of RT  about Turkey and ISIS oil business.

Looks very well done. who ever organized it , kudos.  
    Hopefully Erdoga will sooner or later be put in jail for life time.

They are all in terrorist business together (be it ISIS, Al-Qaeda/Nusra, Boko Haram, whatever). In Syrian case the players are US/Israel/NATO, Saudi Arabia and Qatar with limited assistance from Jordan and some other neighbours. Someone (in this case Turkey) has to take all the blame so that other players stay clean.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:57 pm

About 6,500 militants have joined Syria ceasefire from February

Kuralenko pointed out that about 6,500 gunmen from 52 paramilitary units have joined the cessation of hostilities regime in Syria since the Russian center for reconciliation of the warring parties was set up.

"Since the Russian center for reconciliation was opened, 52 paramilitary units with a total strength of 6,500 people and operating in the provinces of As-Suwayda, Quneitra, Hama, Homs, Damascus, Daraa and Aleppo, have joined the ceasefire," the top military said.

"Former militants have returned to peaceful life. On the whole, this has had a positive effect on the development of the situation in these provinces," Kuralenko said.

He said ceasefire monitoring showed that truce held largely and no ‘sliding’ towards renewed warfare was seen. This has given a chance to start restoration of destroyed infrastructure and offer render humanitarian aid, he continued.

"The process continues in which armed opposition groups and entire settlements join the regime. Representatives from 74 settlements have applied to the Russian Centre over joining the reconciliation process - 43 settlements in Hama province, 16 in Homs province, five in Damascus province and the same number in the Deraa and Aleppo provinces," he said.

Kuralenko said preliminary agreements were reached earlier on Friday with another six settlements in Hama, demonstrating a bid to join the ceasefire regime.

The ceasefire regime took effect in Syria on February 27. Shortly before, the UN Security Council adopted a resolution supporting a cessation of hostilities. The document drafted by Russia and the United States was backed by all 15 Security Council member states. The ceasefire regime does not cover the Islamic State and Jabhat al-Nusra terrorist organizations as well as other groups ruled terrorist by the Security Council.

More:
    http://tass.ru/en/world/873336
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:00 pm

3 Turkish T-155 Firtina Self-propelled guns destroyed by Metis ATGMs fired by ISIS.

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:13 pm

TheArmenian wrote:3 Turkish T-155 Firtina Self-propelled guns destroyed by Metis ATGMs fired by ISIS.

https://imgur.com/8TLBaN7

Aftermath...
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:38 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    TheArmenian wrote:3 Turkish T-155 Firtina Self-propelled guns destroyed by Metis ATGMs fired by ISIS.

Aftermath...

Do you have any more information on this?

It is claimed that ISIS has destroyed the SPGs. Is it really so? Not the Kurds?

In case it is really ISIS? Why would they attack their ally Turkey?

I appreciate any available clarifications.
    Thanks in advance.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:47 pm

TheArmenian wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

Aftermath...

Do you have any more information on this?

It is claimed that ISIS has destroyed the SPGs. Is it really so? Not the Kurds?

In case it is really ISIS? Why would they attack their ally Turkey?

I appreciate any available clarifications.
    Thanks in advance.

The Turks in this situation were giving artillery support to their FSA / Nusra allies fighting the ISIL along the northern Aleppo border with Turkey.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:28 am