Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+87
Nibiru
AlfaT8
miroslav
LMFS
littlerabbit
GarryB
dino00
verkhoturye51
The-thing-next-door
T-47
miketheterrible
walle83
Tingsay
Singular_Transform
Peŕrier
GunshipDemocracy
ZoA
Rowdyhorse4
Firebird
SLB
Rodion_Romanovic
George1
Isos
Kimppis
Luq man
PapaDragon
hoom
SeigSoloyvov
franco
Benya
Dennis_3003
VladimirSahin
Rmf
Project Canada
KiloGolf
Mirlo
Ned86
zardof
Honesroc
jaguar_br
max steel
ult
artjomh
wilhelm
marat
Tyloe
type055
Dima
Cyberspec
ExBeobachter1987
PutZin
AbsoluteZero
Werewolf
kvs
chicken
zg18
Stealthflanker
EKS
Flyingdutchman
T055
magnumcromagnon
Vann7
Mike E
partizan
navyfield
calripson
collegeboy16
Morpheus Eberhardt
Vympel
sepheronx
xeno
GJ Flanker
Arrow
medo
flamming_python
KomissarBojanchev
Mindstorm
TheArmenian
TR1
runaway
Andy_Wiz
IronsightSniper
Austin
Robert.V
Admin
Viktor
Russian Patriot
91 posters

Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

runaway
    runaway

Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov - Page 18 Empty Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

Post  runaway Thu May 07, 2015 5:42 am

MOSCOW, May 6. /TASS/. The Project 22350 Admiral Gorshkov-class lead frigate will undergo new trials in the Gulf of Finland in mid-May and enter service in the Russian Navy by the yearend, United Shipbuilding Corporation President Alexey Rakhmanov said on Wednesday.

"The Admiral Gorshkov lead frigate will set out for planned running trials in mid-May. The Navy will receive the Project 22350 newest lead frigate on time - at the end of this year," Rakhmanov said.

The frigate that has been under construction at Severnaya Verf (Northern Shipyard) in St. Petersburg in northwest Russia, sailed for its first sea trials in the Gulf of Finland on November 18, 2014. After that, the shipyard’s spokesman said the lead vessel would undergo a new stage of trials in late January 2015.

Some media earlier reported about faults in the Admiral Gorshkov’s power unit. However, the shipyard rejected the media reports, saying there were "no problems" with the power unit and "the ship performed well at the trials."

At the same time, a tender was opened on the state purchases website on Tuesday for fulfilling works to rebuild the gas turbine engine for order 921 of Project 22350 (the Admiral Gorshkov frigate) on the premises of the Saturn research and production association acting as the sole supplier.

Severnaya Verf is the client of these works estimated at 135 million rubles ($2.7 million) and scheduled to be finished by December 2016.

"The purchase cost indicated in the materials includes a set of various works as part of the enterprise’s operational activity," the United Shipbuilding Corporation president said, commenting on the information posted on the state purchases website.

•The first four of six Admiral Gorshkov-class frigates under contract with Severnaya Verf are slated for the Russian Navy's Northern Fleet
    •The timetable for completing the third and fourth ships may stretch thanks to loss of access to Ukrainian-produced gas turbine engines

The build status of the Russian Navy's third- and fourth-in-class Project 22350 Admiral Gorshkov-class frigates may be delayed as Russia contends with sourcing an indigenous propulsion plant supplier following Ukraine's ban on military exports to Russia.

The lead vessel Admiral Gorshkov and second-in-class Admiral Kasatonov are powered by two M90FR gas turbines designed and built by Zorya-Mashproekt in Ukraine. Russia's NPO Saturn collaborated extensively with the Ukrainian turbine maker before the ban and will now build the M90FR.

type055

Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov - Page 18 Empty Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

Post  type055 Thu May 07, 2015 10:30 am

How's the engine? any news?
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Fri May 08, 2015 12:03 am

type055 wrote:How's the engine? any news?

Yeah, the post above yours Wink
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat May 16, 2015 12:05 am

The newest frigate "Admiral Gorshkov", on Friday morning, May 15, went to the next factory sea trials in the Baltic Sea
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon May 25, 2015 10:52 pm

Some data from link above:

Displacement: 4500 tons
    Length - 135 meters
    Width - 15 meters
    Draft - 4.5 meters
    Speed - 30 knots

Armament:
    1x130mm gun A-192
    32 missiles "Onyx" or "Calibre"
    Anti-aircraft missile system "Poliment-Redut"
    ASW complex Paket-NK
    2x Palash CIWS
    1x Ka-27PL
    Tyloe

Post  Tyloe Tue May 26, 2015 10:45 am

George1 wrote:

Doesn't gorshkov have a total of 48 VLS cells?
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue May 26, 2015 10:53 am

Tyloe wrote:
    George1 wrote:

Doesn't gorshkov have a total of 48 VLS cells?

there are 16xUKSK launchers for Kalibr/Onyx and 32x Redut VLS cells
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:41 pm

The contract for gas turbine engines for the frigate "Admiral Isakov"
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:37 am

http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/64295/

New pictures of Admiral Kasatanov. It have Palash CIWS installed.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:37 pm

Looks like more problems with Gorshkov frigate No

http://nortwolf-sam.livejournal.com/979308.html

Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov - Page 18 19-3896669-dsc03113
    chicken

Post  chicken Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:10 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Looks like more problems with Gorshkov frigate No

http://nortwolf-sam.livejournal.com/979308.html

What's 'complex automation "Battleship"'? Is it different from SIGMA?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:51 pm

Whats the issue? I cant load the page on my phone.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:10 pm

sepheronx wrote:Whats the issue? I cant load the page on my phone.

Not sure really, don't speak Russian. Have to use machine translation....
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:39 pm

My guess is that they are having issues mounting and preparing all the (different) kinds of weapon systems, though it shouldn't be more than a small delay.
    marat

Post  marat Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:20 am

Beautifull ship Smile , please post pictures of her from open sea.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:15 am

My guess is that they are having issues mounting and preparing all the (different) kinds of weapon systems, though it shouldn't be more than a small delay.

I would also suspect they are working on making sensors and weapons and other bits and pieces more stealthy yet still able to do their job 24/7.

there is still that cluttered look about these ships where they clearly are fitting them with all sorts of sensors and jammers to keep them safe in operation.

It shows in the older new designs and the newer new designs that look less cluttered and with fewer masts and bits sticking out.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:54 am

It's well known that both the Steregushchy/Gremashchy and Gorshkov classes are lemons unfortunately.

The Steregushchy seems to be getting replaced with a radically redesigned vessel.

The Gorshkov on the other hand is like the surface naval version of the Bulava, they just can't seem to get it right albeit they're determined to keep trying and experimenting on it like Frankenstein.
    wilhelm

Post  wilhelm Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:11 pm

flamming_python wrote:It's well known that both the Steregushchy/Gremashchy and Gorshkov classes are lemons unfortunately.

The Steregushchy seems to be getting replaced with a radically redesigned vessel.

The Gorshkov on the other hand is like the surface naval version of the Bulava, they just can't seem to get it right albeit they're determined to keep trying and experimenting on it like Frankenstein.

In what way are they lemons?
    Genuine question, as I only sort of keep half an eye on naval stuff.
    I would have thought any new class of vessels would have the usual run of teething problems, with a bedding-in period getting stuff right.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:39 pm

wilhelm wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:It's well known that both the Steregushchy/Gremashchy and Gorshkov classes are lemons unfortunately.

I would have thought any new class of vessels would have the usual run of teething problems, with a bedding-in period getting stuff right.

Well they're in a hurry to replace the Steregushchy with a radically redesigned corvette-class; Project 20386.
    I also know someone who worked on it in the Almaz Design Bureau; he certainly didn't sound impressed with the result.
    It's already been through one redesign - into the Gremaschyj class. Now it's on the verge of another one. This says something about its success in its role or lack of it rather.

As for the Gorshkov its been plagued by endless delays in getting it into serial production; presumably by the need for redesigns, or problems with subsystems or whatever else.
    Actually the main reason why Russia ordered Admiral Grigorovich frigates was a stopgap; because the Gorshkov project has been so slow going and the Navy needed something to plug the gap.
    Nevertheless I think that the Gorshkov is something that they can eventually get right, if they stick with it.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:23 pm

marat wrote:Beautifull ship Smile , please post pictures of her from open sea.

I will do my best but it goes without saying that none of the photos I post are actually mine. I just post the stuff I find online. Wink

I did put some more photos of Gorshkov frigate on Russian photo tread so you might want to check them out too...
    wilhelm

Post  wilhelm Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:00 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    wilhelm wrote:

Well they're in a hurry to replace the Steregushchy with a radically redesigned corvette-class; Project 20386.
    I also know someone who worked on it in the Almaz Design Bureau; he certainly didn't sound impressed with the result.
    It's already been through one redesign - into the Gremaschyj class. Now it's on the verge of another one. This says something about its success in its role or lack of it rather.

As for the Gorshkov its been plagued by endless delays in getting it into serial production; presumably by the need for redesigns, or problems with subsystems or whatever else.
    Actually the main reason why Russia ordered Admiral Grigorovich frigates was a stopgap; because the Gorshkov project has been so slow going and the Navy needed something to plug the gap.
    Nevertheless I think that the Gorshkov is something that they can eventually get right, if they stick with it.

Thanks FP
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:17 am

flamming_python wrote:
    wilhelm wrote:

Welcome to the real world and not the make believe world of NATO propaganda. Such systems are sufficiently complex that a one pass
    design and prototyping process is simply not possible. But people have some expectation that it should all be completely monotonic and
    come in ahead of schedule. That expectation is based on brainwashing by the mass media that this is "the way it is done" in NATO
    states. They have omniscient designers and don't ever have development problems.

The only thing that matters is that the Russian ship builders get it right in the end and it does not take them 50 years to do it. A delay
    of several years is nothing and the fact that they are actually doing design corrections tells me that they are doing their freaking jobs.
    But everyone is a critic and an expert in every field so we'll be listening to whinging about what a failure Russia is for a long time to
    come.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:33 pm

On a positive note these new individual systems are largely standardised, so once the problem solving is complete they can start producing in numbers and solutions found for integration on smaller vessels can be adapted to the problems they will have with the larger systems on the bigger boats.

For instance in the past if there were problems getting a ship into service... say the Udaloy ASW destroyers entered service without their Klintok SAM ready... the problems of integrating that with existing radars and jammers and systems and other weapons radars is complex, but then when you develop your main anti ship Destroyer.... the Sovremmeny, then you will have different SAMs, different radars, even different engines, all of which can contribute new and different problems.

In comparison once they get the design right they will hopefully just need one type of standard Frigate and one type of standard destroyer as the UKSK launchers allow the armament to be changed depending upon the mission... anti ship, anti sub, even land attack with conventional warheads... so instead of 10 ASW destroyers and 10 anti ship destroyers you could probably get away with 15 multirole destroyers due to their increased weapon performance and capacity... and of course the fact that the new corvettes have comparable fire power to old model destroyers though with reduced endurance and range means you wont need so many...
    Austin

Post  Austin Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:07 pm

Found some new Multiband Radar and L Band Radar under works and it seems to be for Gorshkov-M class frigate

Gorshkov M - https://i.imgur.com/2YkyULp.jpg

Note the Multiband radar on the Ship covers many bands

http://concern-agat.ru/en/production/radiolocation-radio-electronic-systems-and-complexes/mfi-radar-for-vessels-with-displacement-of-more-than-3000-tons

http://concern-agat.ru/images/Production/Gallery_for_ZOO_PC/MFI_RLS_BK/En/MFI_RLS_BK_en.jpg

The new L band Long range radar , most likely Ga/N module , considering the range of 1500 km

http://concern-agat.ru/en/production/radiolocation-radio-electronic-systems-and-complexes/radar-with-rotating-l-band-active-phased-array
    artjomh
    artjomh

Post  artjomh Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:33 pm

That's not Gorshkov-M, Austin.

Just a promotional collage.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:31 am