Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+60
medo
Heartbeer
wilhelm
franco
PapaDragon
Backinblack
Walther von Oldenburg
Regular
Dima
mack8
arpakola
victor1985
Prince Darling
marat
Karl Haushofer
Siempre_Leal
Cyrus the great
SturmGuard
crod
Rodinazombie
OminousSpudd
Vann7
Hannibal Barca
iraqidabab
GarryB
Stealthflanker
dino00
Kimppis
ult
Airbornewolf
Bolt
sepheronx
Neutrality
whir
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Bidoul
Erk
kvs
zorobabel
NationalRus
d_taddei2
Solncepek
Fred333
Morpheus Eberhardt
KoTeMoRe
par far
zg18
Kyo
ultron
George1
Cyberspec
JohninMK
Monarchist
max steel
Werewolf
Zivo
Khepesh
magnumcromagnon
KomissarBojanchev
ExBeobachter1987
64 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #3

Rodinazombie

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 32 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #3

Post  Rodinazombie Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:32 am

Good result today chaps, the writing has been on the wall for isis and co ever since russia stepped in, now i think it has been rewritten in bold. A few more victories like this, coupled with somewhere like aleppo being completely liberated and i think isis will start to crumple up. Its made of of mainly foreigners, who have no reason to stick around in syria, once they know they have lost they will try to run away, and isis will implode pretty quickly. Though i still think we are quite a way off reaching that tipping point.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:33 am

Vann7 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:If they were evacuated by air, then the estimate of 35 SAA killed is not unrealistic at all.

They lost 35 this year alone. Let's not get all unicorns and buttercups. The ISIS attack that almost overran the base earlier in October killed 14 when they slammed two VBIED's, unfortunately that also collapsed the building they were targeting, which closed the gap/

So where are now the bashing to the Rebels/US commandos for failing in 2 years to take control
    of a surrounded military base? Isn't that incompetence? Why when the SSA lose a city ,there is major bashing of their failure.. but when they hold a place for 2 years after waves and waves
    of thousands mercenaries attack they still hold it?

What? Quweires air base is a blow for ISIS and the Formerly Seen alive. What do you want me to bash the FSA and the moderate cunts for? Do you read what I write or did you forgot to take your meds once again?

Now you are claiming it was an "almost win"..for the American paid and armed mercenaries..  lol1   And the Syrian Army should be the one blamed for not taking it earlier. Wink

Claiming what? I pointed out that the Quweires base suffered more casualties than 35, because this year alone they lost 35 people. The fact they held was nothing short of heroic. Period.

About the casualties many of the SAA in the miltiary airport that were wounded earlier were evacuated.. so the casualties possibly are in the less than 100 .. while at the same time the American mercenaries have to be in the thousands ,since they all attack in massive waves after
    several suicide bomb attacks in trucks, and such tactic are not cheap in mercenaries loses.

Jesus, you don't know how many died in total, and neither do I. But I know that 35 wasn't even close to the truth. VBIEDS cost 1 man usually for the crazies. Especially now they send armored vehicles. About 12 have been used over this year, 6 have detonated on target, 2 have caused massive damage in October.

Please take your meds.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:36 am

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:a US mechanized regiment would have taken the base in one day. Do not equate rebel militants to NATO soldiers, this is stupiditty like from earth to the moon. The fact that many militants take money from KSA and Turkey does not mean they fight exclusively for that money. Rolling Eyes

Nonetheless, how do you imagine the battle to have a different outcome? Like I said, ground around Kweires is perfect for defence. There is no way to break the line of deefence except by sending wave upon wave of guys on pick-ups - which is what IS did.

yeah good luck for that mechanized regiment to enter in Syria with Syrian Airforce controlling the skies. and hidden S-300s they have with enough missiles ,for any special time like that. US low to medium level support is already there in Syria. AMerican MArines and Special forces are operating there leading from behind,get over that now already. Just recently i posted a video of an American special short distance drone that only its forces uses ,that proof beyond doubt they are deployed inside Syria.The American Army with the same tools that the Syrian army is fighting will have collapsed long time ago.. they can't handle too much casualties and goes and run when that happen. Kicked from North Korea by semi naked chinese soldiers with  grenades.
    with them having full armed forces deployed there.  Is not as good as their propaganda movies claim. US special forces Beaten in Eastern Ukraine too ,if we are to believe in Zakharchenko minister words.. he told American Blackwaters mercenaries bodies were found .there were afro american english speakers fighting along the extremist ukrainians volunteer battalions. The Donetsk militia told the americans are only good in running whenever you bomb them.. they dont like to fight that way.. they only fight when there is full dominance on their side and full control of the airspace.  the US army is a clean army that do not fight fair fights on equal terms that is when they do not ahve control of their airspace to protect their soldiers.

Lets give the Syrian Army the thousands of modern Tanks American have and the precision Airforce americans have since the conflict began and lets see how different things will have been for them. Anyone with the knowledge that Syria is under a proxy war by the most powerful nations in the world alliance and attacked from ALL SIDES all borders ,forcing to split the army
    and with NATO special forces directing the attacks of the terrorist. It will be a major phenomenon that Syria could be for 4 years fighting ISrael ,Turkey ,US and Saudi Arabia and France and UK special forces help and they still standing. THE Syrian airforce is shutdown from Israel and Turkey borders whenever they try to bomb terrorist in their own territory. Is that is not a world war against Syria what they face .then nothing is.  Syria face a world proxy war with significant direct support of NATO ,Gulf states and israel to islamic mercenaries they train. From Turkey ,israel and Jordan comes the terrorist supply lines. is a world war what Syria face.stop being so dumb,is not a civil war ,is not a rebels war.. is a world war what Syria face with very limited use or airforce and with light to medium weapons to keep a low profile. And NATO special forces are there helping ,whether you deny it or not.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:35 am

Rodinazombie wrote:Good result today chaps, the writing has been on the wall for isis and co ever since russia stepped in, now i think it has been rewritten in bold. A few more victories like this, coupled with somewhere like aleppo being completely liberated and i think isis will start to crumple up. Its made of of mainly foreigners, who have no reason to stick around in syria, once they know they have lost they will try to run away, and isis will implode pretty quickly. Though i still think we are quite a way off reaching that tipping point.

Good result indeed, after seeing how Kuweires played out I think I understand why SAA and VKS are in no hurry to close Aleppo corridor. Better to keep the snackbar gang inside to wait for imaginary assault while troops clear out rest of the country one piece at a time.

At some point in the future I expect awesome movie to be made about guys who held out in Kuweires but I doubt it will be Hollywood production. No chance of Michael Bay directing either I guess. lol1

Oliver Stone on the other hand... thumbsup
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:12 am

People will not believe this.. but the US Government is now saying will
    start plans to govern in parts of Syria..

So basically they now can tell their ISIS buddies to fake leaving Syria ,to fake a surrender
    and defeat to the Kurds.. the kurds takes their positions and Alqaeda positions and later
    US troops declare the right to defend and protect their new moderates..  lol1  

Whatever they do.. is clear for me they will use civilians or moderates as human shields.
    and with the help of CNN fraud media ,they could get some refugees from TUrkey and puts them
    at gun point to live with their ISIS or Alqaeda buddies. and claim they are defending civilians. Wink

The only problem however with all that is that Syrian Army and Syrian airforce /Army and Russian airforce will have control of the skies.. and any tank or air defense will be blow in a million of pieces and they will have to fight the Syrian army with Iranian and hezbolah volunteers with Russian airforce backup.. so it will not work.

They can also fools kurds into this game..to capture half of Syrian territory that they will
    support them.. If we remember that ISIS are paid mercenaries of Americans and SAudis.
    then they will relocate to any place their american or saudi handlers tells them to go.

So pay close attention.. is clear for me now ..that American new strategy is not to overthrow Assad. but to anex for the kurds northern Syrian as much territory as possible .but also they can create a zone for sunnis too in IDLIB and then Israel in Golan heights and keep sending terrorist to eastern Syria near IRAQ and Jordan bordern to weaken Syria government to split it more..and drain the Russian Economy by keeping the conflict going endlessly. They can do it since they have infinite supply of Jihadist from all Muslin world. From Middle east,Africa and Asia they could get millions and give an Ak-47 and RPG to fight.

US needs boots on the ground to ‘occupy & govern’ Syrian territories – Air Force secretary

https://www.rt.com/usa/321520-troops-ground-syria-isis/
    sheytanelkebir

Post  sheytanelkebir Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:49 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Siege of Kweires will surely be studied by military historians for years to come.

in this particular war there have been many similar sieges that went on for ages... e.g. in Iraq I can think of Anbar border forts, Al Assad AB, Tikrit AB, Baiji Refinery and Amerli town... Daesh are not particularly good at breaking sieges where the defenders are "kuffar" ... their real modus operandi is where they have a sympathetic population or ISIS soldiers "within the ranks" of the defending force. the use of armoured VBIED to breach defences worked a couple of times for them... but ultimately they were countered with ATGW and RPGs... beyond that, they've not had the ability to insert their SF stealthily or break defenders with artillery and tank assault...
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:06 pm

sheytanelkebir wrote:
    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Siege of Kweires will surely be studied by military historians for years to come.

in this particular war there have been many similar sieges that went on for ages... e.g. in Iraq I can think of Anbar border forts, Al Assad AB, Tikrit AB, Baiji Refinery and Amerli town... Daesh are not particularly good at breaking sieges where the defenders are "kuffar" ... their real modus operandi is where they have a sympathetic population or ISIS soldiers "within the ranks" of the defending force. the use of armoured VBIED to breach defences worked a couple of times for them... but ultimately they were countered with ATGW and RPGs... beyond that, they've not had the ability to insert their SF stealthily or break defenders with artillery and tank assault...

In other sieges US drones are used to provide logistic for the terrorist NATO supplied artillery
    and to help coordinate the best places for coordinated attacks against the Syrian army defenders inside the base. Usually a common tactic they use is a big 2 or more trucks or light armored vehicle filled with C4 and the charge at the gates of the military base.. the first 2 waves open a breach and allow the terrorist to get close to the base ,that do an assault in pickups and from many directions , is a very simply but effective tactic , that after prolonged time /exhaustion of the SAA it can provide results. All US airforce and its coalition main job is provide real time position of of SSA positions and better place to attack ,and drop weapons and munitions and food to them. But they have also directly bombed the Syrian army at times.. still later people claim the SSA is only fighting jihadist poorly armed and nothing more.   Rolling Eyes

Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:14 pm

Vann7 wrote:
    sheytanelkebir wrote:

In other sieges US drones are used to provide logistic for the terrorist NATO supplied artillery
    and to help coordinate the best places for coordinated attacks against the Syrian army defenders inside the base. Usually a common tactic they use is a big 2 or more trucks or light armored vehicle filled with C4 and the charge at the gates of the military base.. the first 2 waves open a breach and allow the terrorist to get close to the base ,that do an assault in pickups and from many directions , is a very simply but effective tactic , that after prolonged time /exhaustion of the SAA it can provide results. All US airforce and its coalition main job is provide real time position of of SSA positions and better place to attack ,and drop weapons and munitions and food to them. But they have also directly bombed the Syrian army at times.. still later people claim the SSA is only fighting jihadist poorly armed and nothing more.   Rolling Eyes

US air force was bombing the syrian army, I can imagine assad would have been making big propaganda out of that, do you have any links to it?

zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:08 pm

iraqidabab wrote:A group of soldiers penetrated IS lines west of the airport and reached government troops inside the base, firing into the air in celebration.

--

Even during wartime middle eastern people use gunfire to celebrate things wasting ammo.

It`s Ottoman tradition , in western Balkans we call it - shenluk or shenluchenye.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Daesh tank and BMP in good condition with cage armor captured at Kuweyres base

https://twitter.com/2Rook14/status/664442790407880705
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:35 pm

Not if Russia has anything to do with it

Turkey’s allies from the US-led anti-ISIL coalition may support Ankara’s idea on the creation of a safe zone in northern Syria, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Tuesday. "We are insisting on a no-fly zone in Syria as a safe zone. Our allies are getting closer to the idea. Some progress has also been made on conducting a ground operation against ISIL," Erdogan was quoted as saying by RIA Novosti.

He added that coalition warplanes have been deployed to the Incirlik Air Base in southern Turkey. If necessary they can be redeployed to other bases. "We are determined to fight ISIL. Yesterday, I had a phone conversation with US President Barack Obama on the issue," Erdogan said.

On October 5, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan proposed a no-fly zone and a safe zone, as well as increased training and equipment for Free Syrian Army (FSA) fighters to decrease the high numbers of Syrians fleeing to Europe and other states. Previously, Turkey proposed a buffer zone in northern Syria, but the United States and NATO did not support the initiative.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151111/1029915017/turkish-allies-safe-zone.html#ixzz3rC45oOdQ
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:40 pm

Sadly it will probably be flattened by ISIS before the SAA gets there. There is a lot more at the link

The Syrian Arab Army (SAA) assisted by Russian warplanes is slowly advancing towards the city of Palmyra, home to priceless Roman-era ruins partially destroyed by ISIL fighters; but it is too early to speak of victory, a RIA Novosti correspondent reported.

Damascus-led forces seem not to be in a hurry to retake Palmyra, probably the most famous archeological and historic site in Syria. They are mostly destroying ISIL manpower and occasionally take militant strongholds under control. Sometimes Russian Mil Mi-24P attack helicopters provide aerial support.

"Syrian aircraft are easily detectable in the sky and militants have time to hide. Russian warplanes launch attacks from higher altitudes since they are equipped with cutting-edge sighting and guidance systems. They also use guided bombs," a Syrian officer told RIA Novosti, adding that Russian planes are not visible from the ground, meaning they have an advantage of attacking anytime and anywhere.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151111/1029924742/syria-saa-palmyra-isis.html#ixzz3rC5R2wJA
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:41 pm

JohninMK wrote:Not if Russia has anything to do with it

Turkey’s allies from the US-led anti-ISIL coalition may support Ankara’s idea on the creation of a safe zone in northern Syria, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Tuesday. "We are insisting on a no-fly zone in Syria as a safe zone. Our allies are getting closer to the idea. Some progress has also been made on conducting a ground operation against ISIL," Erdogan was quoted as saying by RIA Novosti.

He added that coalition warplanes have been deployed to the Incirlik Air Base in southern Turkey. If necessary they can be redeployed to other bases. "We are determined to fight ISIL. Yesterday, I had a phone conversation with US President Barack Obama on the issue," Erdogan said.

On October 5, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan proposed a no-fly zone and a safe zone, as well as increased training and equipment for Free Syrian Army (FSA) fighters to decrease the high numbers of Syrians fleeing to Europe and other states. Previously, Turkey proposed a buffer zone in northern Syria, but the United States and NATO did not support the initiative.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151111/1029915017/turkish-allies-safe-zone.html#ixzz3rC45oOdQ

This is total crap. Erdogan uses such laughable rumors to keep his internal opposition at bay.
    It is incredible that he is so popular in Turkey despite the fact that he screw Turkey foreign policy and national security BIG TIME.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:14 pm

Perhaps now Erdogan's power base is solid after the election, Turkey is reacting to the vibes from the Russians that any action like this would be a very, very bad idea, especially ahead of winter. My highlighted phrase, if its true this is kicking the can way down the road.

ANKARA (Sputnik) — The Turkish government currently has no plan to carry out a ground operation in Syria against the Islamic State terrorist group, the country’s deputy prime minister said Wednesday.

"It is necessary to develop a plan of action of the entire world community to eradicate the roots of terrorism. Only after this, the anti-IS ground operation issue may arise. Otherwise, any step in this direction will intensify the chaos in Syria, whereas our main goal is to do away with it. At the moment, we don’t have a decision on military operation," Numan Kurtulmus told reporters.

Since Turkey started negotiations with its allies on the fight against ISIL, their positions have became much closer, he added. According to him, if Syrian President Bashar Assad stays in power, it will be impossible to establish order in the Arab state.

ISIL, an extremist Sunni militant group, is considered to be a major threats to global security.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151111/1029932468/isil-turkey-operation-syria.html#ixzz3rCRnlE4i
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:21 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Not if Russia has anything to do with it

This is total crap. Erdogan uses such laughable rumors to keep his internal opposition at bay.
    It is incredible that he is so popular in Turkey despite the fact that he screw Turkey foreign policy and national security BIG TIME.
    Disagree. From all kinds of sources the 'safe zone' was the plan and only Russia's action five weeks ago pre-emptied it. Anti-Assad forces could then have been established in it to venture out in attacks whilst being safely supplied from over the border.

He is popular but, if Turkey is like most other places, foreign policy barely features in the electorate's minds. Security must do in Turkey but there seems to be a majority (when the Kurds are squeezed out of a fair election) that want the Kurds subdued. Still this element is OT so that's enough from me.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:49 pm

It seems there is no stopping the SAA now. Their confidence must be at an all time high.

The Syrian Armed Forces have shelled terrorist command centers in Daraa near the country's border with Jordan, the Syrian army spokesman said Wednesday.

"Our troops carried out concentrated strikes on terrorist groups and command posts on the outskirts of the city of Daraa. Terrorists suffered heavy losses in manpower and equipment; command centers were destroyed," Brigadier General Ali Mayhoub said. The Syrian general added that a terrorists' offensive in the province of Daraa was prevented. Dozens of terrorists were eliminated after they had attempted to attack an airport in Deir ez-Zor, Ali Mayhoub said. "Dozens of militants and 10 vehicles equipped with guns were destroyed."

Moreover, the Syrian government forces have liberated villages in the provinces of Aleppo and Latakia, including near the Kweiris airport. The Syrian Armed Forces broke a two-year ISIL siege of the Kweiris airbase in the Aleppo province on Tuesday with the assistance of the Russian aviation. "After heavy fighting, our armed forces have liberated the Kweiris airport and nearby populated areas; terrorists suffer heavy losses." Moreover, the Syrian army continued to advance in the Latakia province, the general said.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151111/1029938322/syrian-army-terrorist-command-centers.html#ixzz3rCbtTAO5
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:09 pm

franco wrote:The real big test in this conflict is when the Russian Aerospace starts to assist the Kurds in closing the remaining 90 kilometers between their forces along the Turkish border. This will cut off most of the ISIL supplies and fund raising through oil sales.

Apparently that's the plan. The YPG to link up with the Kurdish enclave around Aleppo and the SAA. However, it seems the US SF and advisers are there to try and prevent that and guide the YPG towards Raqqa.

If the Turkish border can be sealed, it's basically the begining of the end for the jihadis.

---

There are reports of an Israeli airstrike near Damascus but so far unconfirmed. If true it could be a response to SAA gains around Deraa that JohnyMK posted about

----

The corridor is being expanded a bit

SAA Tiger Forces Capture Judaydah and Arbin west of Kuweyres Airbase
    Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 32 CTilM_FUcAEMHlo
    Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 32 CTicsl3WEAAZOco
    Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 32 CTicodCWEAAdlSy
    Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 32 CTiclw5WoAEXkcl
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:25 pm

A cholera outbreak that began in Iraq in mid-September has spread into war-torn Syria
    par far

Post  par far Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:31 pm

Israel warplanes strike near Syria airport: Report

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2015/11/11/437260/Syria-Israel-Damacus-Daesh-ISIS

How can these assholes just hit Damascus and leave unscratched.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:27 am

par far wrote:Israel warplanes strike near Syria airport: Report

How can these assholes just hit Damascus and leave unscratched.  

I think they use corridors through rebel controlled territory and sometimes don't even have to enter Syria (they can launch their weapons from the border)....anyway, this one hasn't been confirmed yet on the ground. The report is from unnamed sources.

----

Footage from Latakia front, including brief footage of TOS-1 used

https://twitter.com/Hamosh84/status/664576317896187905
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:46 am

par far wrote:Israel warplanes strike near Syria airport: Report

Quite unlikely, probably a fake report. Please refer to other fakes discussed previously here, like the situations with the Aviationist and the likes being quoted.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:35 am

Iranian, Afghani, and Iraqi paramilitary fighters arrive to the Kuweires front alongside Hezbollah. Major operations expected.
    https://twitter.com/leithfadel/status/664581131275104256
    zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:18 am

https://twitter.com/2Rook14/status/664592434165362688

ultron

Post  ultron Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:40 am

zg18 wrote:https://twitter.com/2Rook14/status/664592434165362688

MSTA-S next? cheers
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:02 am

zg18 wrote:https://twitter.com/2Rook14/status/664592434165362688

What's with the EU flag at 0:23??
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:05 am

Hopefully we'll hear good news from Palmyra soon...

________

Daesh Ninja training manual published pirat

https://twitter.com/CTstudies/status/664385270150791168

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:05 pm