Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Share

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3388
    Points : 3431
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:42 pm

    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:As  a more positive note:
    1. Kinsibba is surrounded by SAA: https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-surrounds-kinsibba-northeast-latakia/
    2. Situation at the Artillery Base is still fluid. Large SAA reinforcements have arrived and guess who is with them? No one else but Major General Suheil Al Hassan:
    Last I heard he was a mere Colonel, but a demi God so immortal of course.

    Walther von Oldenburg
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 895
    Points : 952
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 25
    Location : Oldenburg

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:46 pm

    He was promoted to Maj. Gen. in December last year: http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/tiger-forces-commander-promoted-to-major-general/

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3388
    Points : 3431
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:52 pm

    Thanks.

    Don't know how to embed this bit the first video at the link shows a cluster attack. Is that MLRS rather than bombs? The second shows a nice technical puff.

    https://twitter.com/Souria4Syrians

    Resistance
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 321
    Points : 327
    Join date : 2016-06-15

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  Resistance on Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:08 pm

    Terrorists claim to have captured a large part of Ramouseh neighborhood. Looks like Ramouseh neighborhood will have to be bombed to dust.

    Resistance
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 321
    Points : 327
    Join date : 2016-06-15

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  Resistance on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:08 pm

    Terrorists captured Ramouseh district. Western Aleppo is under siege. It was lack of hardware like Shahed 129 planes and Kornet missiles that caused this to happen.

    zorobabel
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 173
    Points : 173
    Join date : 2015-09-21

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  zorobabel on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:34 pm


    Walther von Oldenburg
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 895
    Points : 952
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 25
    Location : Oldenburg

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:41 pm

    1. Not confirmed yet.
    2. If confirmed, fire control still remains over the area and a counter-attack should follow.

    Guys, this is the most important battle of the war, both sides will fight tooth and nail to achieve their goals. No shortcuts, no deals, just pure and simple carnage.

    zorobabel
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 173
    Points : 173
    Join date : 2015-09-21

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  zorobabel on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:46 pm

    Terrorists seem to have captured quite a bit of armor and equipment as they overran SAA positions.

    Resistance
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 321
    Points : 327
    Join date : 2016-06-15

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  Resistance on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:55 pm

    Looks like the entire city of Aleppo will have to be bombed to dust as terrorists pour into all districts.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3685
    Points : 3797
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:35 pm

    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:1. Not confirmed yet.
    2. If confirmed, fire control still remains over the area and a counter-attack should follow.

    Guys, this is the most important battle of the war, both sides will fight tooth and nail to achieve their goals. No shortcuts, no deals, just pure and simple carnage.

    Only one side does this.

    Incompetence of SAA is legendary. Jihadists seem to have been exceptionally successful today since all usual SAA online cheerleaders have suddenly gone dark.

    Selfie army strikes again.

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2544
    Points : 2677
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  kvs on Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:42 pm



    Take the breakthrough map with a ton of salt.

    Zivo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1504
    Points : 1540
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  Zivo on Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:44 pm

    zorobabel wrote:



    Reporter at the Ramousah roundabout saying that it has not been captured.

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2544
    Points : 2677
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  kvs on Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:47 pm

    http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2016/Aug-06/365938-syrian-opposition-says-rebels-break-government-siege-of-aleppo.ashx

    The situation is fluid and there are no decisive victories. The good thing is that the siege-breaking is a good meat grinder for the
    jihadi slime. My impression of the SAA performance is that it is much better than some incompetent "selfie army". It is better than
    the terrorists who are really engaged in a type of human wave attack pattern.

    Zivo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1504
    Points : 1540
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  Zivo on Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:50 pm

    SOHR is saying the siege has not be lifted, and we got a new map.




    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2544
    Points : 2677
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  kvs on Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:51 pm

    https://twitter.com/Syria_Protector

    This twitter channel whether it is biased or not has a good set of fragments that indicate that there has not been any breakthrough.

    BTW, the Russian bombing is actually effective. The "rebels" actually claim it is the US and its NATO pals that are making all the
    precise strikes.

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2544
    Points : 2677
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  kvs on Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:52 pm

    Zivo wrote:SOHR is saying the siege has not be lifted, and we got a new map.




    These maps are more credible than the "rebel" crap shown before. It is street by street, house by house fighting and not some sweep over
    empty plains.

    Resistance
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 321
    Points : 327
    Join date : 2016-06-15

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  Resistance on Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:05 pm

    The situation is critical. If jihadists pour into Aleppo city, the battle will be lost as the entire city would have to be leveled by a nuke.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3685
    Points : 3797
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:42 pm


    It's a freakin' Counter Strike 1.6 over there


    Hassan Ridha
    @sayed_ridha

    Syrian Army regain the Artillery & Armament Academies in Ramouseh Base after JF withdraw pic.twitter.com/cr58jBiZKT

    https://mobile.twitter.com/sayed_ridha/status/761962506264858625

    KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1304
    Points : 1326
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:05 pm

    Oh Lord, SAA is probably the only force in the region capable to be defeated and surrounded in Aleppo in record time.  unshaven
    They are continuously baited and trashed within days, while their operations take weeks/months/years to achieve minimal results or pure defeats.

    Had it not been for Russia, Assad-SAA & friends would be done for by now.


    Carol Malouf ‏@carolmalouf 3h لبنان
    Latest map showing opposition fighters breaking #AleppoSiege at #Ramouseh


    Last edited by KiloGolf on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  sepheronx on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:10 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    It's a freakin' Counter Strike 1.6 over there


    Hassan Ridha
    @sayed_ridha

    Syrian Army regain the Artillery & Armament Academies in Ramouseh Base after JF withdraw pic.twitter.com/cr58jBiZKT

    https://mobile.twitter.com/sayed_ridha/status/761962506264858625

    I was thinking the exact same thing. Lol

    Resistance
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 321
    Points : 327
    Join date : 2016-06-15

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  Resistance on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:11 pm

    If Russia does not stop jihadists from overruning Syria, then Russia would be overrun by jihadists.

    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3237
    Points : 3361
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  Vann7 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:41 pm

    THe Russian Airforce and military performance in Syria and their tactics and their leadership decisions ,even though they have managed to halt the advance of terrorist since Russia came
    to Syria. It shows something really bad for the security of Russia.  Putin , seems to not be aware that the bad performance of Russia in Syria against poorly armed terrorist with good tactics, not only shows Russia still today is not fully prepared ,trained,  to fight blitzkrieg like tactics terrorist are using of assaulting zones with Suicide bomber speed attacks. It also shows Russia weakness and it pose a major security threat for Russia too.

    If i was a NATO general , seeking to destroy Russia , the fights in Aleppo of nusra its tactics
    ,i will consider it very seriously to over Run a city like Kaliningrad in case of a world war. And once the terrorist force their entry in civilians zones , the Russian airforce will be totally useless , and same with russian nukes if terrorist covers behind Russian civilians as human shields.. The failure of Russia Airforce to protect the Syrian army MOST IMPORTANT positions for long , will only encourage Russian enemies to develop similar speed assault tactics to take control of a city of Kaliningrad.

    My observation is Russia military doctrine have focused too much , in fighting at distance
    and almost totally ignored very close fights with very speedy assaults armed with  endless waves of suicide trucks. This is not really the correct approach ,because Russian enemies are not at distance , but very close.  whatever happens in Aleppo , im officially dissapointed with Russia military. Such things should have never been allowed to happen. NEVER.

    Russia weakness in Syria will only encourage NATO and gulf states to continue sending more hundreds of thousands of terrorist to fight them. To end the war in Syria is absolutely necessary
    that NATO see no chance for them to ever to win. but this Aleppo disaster is not going to promote exactly that.

    The only consolation in all this , is that Alqaeda is losing fighters at very fast rate. But this will
    be totally irrelevant in the end , since  there is a Ton of millions more muslins in middle east that can be trained by NATO and replace the ones that falls. until all Syria is over Run.
    Putin mediocre leadership that cannot convince CHINA ,nor INDIA to help in Syria ,with at least drones ,or convince anyone in the world to follow Russia and join their coalition to help them ,combined with the poor tactics of Russia military in Syria will only encourage more Russian enemies to fight Russia.  Russians strengh was never good countering fast assaults attacks in the past..their enemies quickly could get Russian territory ,and it doesn't look that things have changed a lot today.  If i was leading the Russian operations in Syria , i will have never relied so much on Russia airforce to do the job. and i will have properly armed Syrian army to counter speed assaults.

    China could have helped enormously in Syria ,with providing drones and operating them.
    For Russia to have a 24 hours view of major fighting zones, India the same. without risking the life of a single soldier. But Putin "the Genius", have failed to influence any country to help
    them.


    Last edited by Vann7 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Zivo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1504
    Points : 1540
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  Zivo on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:42 pm

    OK, new video showing clashes in the 1070. Under "Clashes in 1070 Apartments Project. Also not under full opp.control"

    https://twitter.com/miladvisor/status/761966738896543744

    If you go to the end of the clip, 1:56 onwards you can see the SAA engaging a JF held structure with what is likely a 30mm gun on a BMP-2. I managed to geolocate this structure using the electric substation in the background. Approximate location of camera in yellow, target structure in red. From this video it appears that the SAA hold most of the 1070, having pushed JF to the westernmost edge.




    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3237
    Points : 3361
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  Vann7 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:49 pm

    There are still clashes going.. and Syrian army fighting back..but the whole thing sucks
    Big time. Terrorist can take zones very fast sometimes over run places in just a couple of hours, while the Syrian army takes weeks or months to achieve the same results.  Tactics Russia and Syria are using do not work well. Proper tactics will not allow terrorist to even get close to shelling Syrian army positions or over run anything.  

    I could see in the future NATO hiring Nusra terrorist ,suicide  bombers in humvees with a ton of tnt ,to integrate in their assault lines . That is to use terrorist as living cruise missiles ,Because Russia military doctrine is not efficient stopping speed assaults. They are too dependent on regular fixed artillery fights and airforce for land combat.



    Last edited by Vann7 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

    SeigSoloyvov
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 224
    Points : 226
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:58 pm

    Vann7 wrote:THe Russian Airforce and military performance in Syria and their tactics and their leadership decisions ,even though they have managed to halt the advance of terrorist since Russia came
    to Syria. It shows something really bad for the security of Russia.  Putin , seems to not be aware that the bad performance of Russia in Syria against poorly armed terrorist with good tactics, not only shows Russia still today is not fully prepared ,trained,  to fight blitzkrieg like tactics terrorist are using of assaulting zones with Suicide bomber speed attacks. It also shows Russia weakness and it pose a major security threat for Russia too.

    If i was a NATO general , seeking to destroy Russia , the fights in Aleppo of nusra its tactics
    ,i will consider it very seriously to over Run a city like Kaliningrad in case of a world war. And once the terrorist force their entry in civilians zones , the Russian airforce will be totally useless , and same with russian nukes if terrorist covers behind Russian civilians as human shields.. The failure of Russia Airforce to protect the Syrian army MOST IMPORTANT positions for long , will only encourage Russian enemies to develop similar speed assault tactics to take control of a city of Kaliningrad.

    My observation is Russia military doctrine have focused too much , in fighting at distance
    and almost totally ignored very close fights with very speedy assaults armed with  endless waves of suicide trucks. This is not really the correct approach ,because Russian enemies are not at distance , but very close.  whatever happens in Aleppo , im officially dissapointed with Russia military. Such things should have never been allowed to happen. NEVER.

    Russia weakness in Syria will only encourage NATO and gulf states to continue sending more hundreds of thousands of terrorist to fight them. To end the war in Syria is absolutely necessary
    that NATO see no chance for them to ever to win. but this Aleppo disaster is not going to promote exactly that.

    The only consolation in all this , is that Alqaeda is losing fighters at very fast rate. But this will
    be totally irrelevant in the end , since  there is a Ton of millions more muslins in middle east that can be trained by NATO and replace the ones that falls. until all Syria is over Run.
    Putin mediocre leadership that cannot convince CHINA ,nor INDIA to help in Syria ,with at least drones ,or convince anyone in the world to follow Russia and join their coalition to help them ,combined with the poor tactics of Russia military in Syria will only encourage more Russian enemies to fight Russia.  Russians strengh was never good countering fast assaults attacks in the past..their enemies quickly could get Russian territory ,and it doesn't look that things have changed a lot today.  If i was leading the Russian operations in Syria , i will have never relied so much on Russia airforce to do the job. and i will have properly armed Syrian army to counter speed assaults.

    China could have helped enormously in Syria ,with providing drones and operating them.
    For Russia to have a 24 hours view of major fighting zones, India the same. without risking the life of a single soldier. But Putin "the Genius", have failed to influence any country to help
    them.

    Only thing I agree on is the training factor here.

    That said if another nation doesn't want do do anything nothing Putin can do, you act like he has some ability to force people to do what he wants.

    Doesn't matter how smart you are, in the end if china or India don't want to do nothing you can do to convince or make them period.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:11 am


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:11 am