Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+24
Vann7
Rodinazombie
jhelb
Svyatoslavich
Prince Darling
higurashihougi
victor1985
sepheronx
Cowboy's daughter
jka
max steel
Book.
Walther von Oldenburg
Werewolf
Fred333
Firebird
flamming_python
George1
GarryB
kvs
PapaDragon
Regular
mack8
Abu Bakr al Bosni
28 posters

The Religion Thread

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

The Religion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Religion Thread

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:03 am

Violence in Burma has nothing to do with Buddhism. It's a nationalist war waged by the Burmese government against two large ethnic groups, Muslim Rohingiya people and Buddhist Karen people. It's the Karen who are hit the worst but all media attention goes to Rohingiya anyway. Some have dubbed it a Buddhist holy war while it's nothign of that sort.
    jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Post  jhelb Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:57 am

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Hinduism is a religion-nation. According to most schools of Hinduism you can't even convert but you have to be born as a Hindu in order to be a member of the religion. Hindus have no tradition of violently imposing their religion on ohers - no reason to fear them IMHO.

I am unaware of any Buddhist equivalent of Wahhabism/Salafism - while Buddhist holy scriptures are largely apolitical.

Ok. I see a lot of Hindoos in UK especially in Leicester and some London boroughs. Most of them are descendants of slaves brought from India but nonetheless seems to be harmless. Not known for committing violent crimes. Similarly back home in Minsk and Moscow I see several Buddhist and Hindoos. Most of them are students who leave after their studies. So no issues there either.

However, we should be very careful about Jews and Protestants. Well known back stabbers.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:27 pm

(Cat) god blessed you  Cool  Cool

https://www.rt.com/news/324901-calendar-orthodox-priests-cats/

The Religion Thread - Page 6 5663f945c4618853468b45e6

The Religion Thread - Page 6 12310531_10206921118659781_7844361866765495264_n
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:08 pm

Dunno where to post this.

Some old photos below. Can you believe it's 1950s Afghanistan? Shocked What a Face Today women in the most liberal neighboorhoods of Kabul can only dream of dressing like this and many actually defend their lifestyles and say they want to live like that. Says a lot what "religion" does to the people and their minds. What a Face
    The Religion Thread - Page 6 135
    The Religion Thread - Page 6 Da_qayoumi1-5b8b00314418a5c4c0f00a1952869c0822858665-s900-c85
    The Religion Thread - Page 6 1950s_Afghanistan_-_Biology_class,_Kabul_University

Cowboy's daughter likes this post

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:08 pm

Stop blaming everything on religion with your islamophobia look at judaism and christianity. Bitches here would look the same. Jews and Christians prohibit their women to show hair or skin when following the bible or tora/tanakh/talmud, not allowed to talk upon men without permission of men and so on. They are almost identical. It has nothing to do with religion by itself but by people and in what state they drive a society. You are trying to create here a picture that gives this things an exclusiveness to islam and muslims. Go to Jerusalem and see how women are treated in the ultraorthodox parts of town where they cover their heads, walk behind men, are not allowed in busses next to men just like negros in US had to sit in backside of the bus.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:13 pm

Jews do prohibit women from doing meny things. Christians don't.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:29 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Jews do prohibit women from doing meny things. Christians don't.

You did read the bible? You do understand that there are still fundamentalistic christian societies villages cities or almost sect like communities?

You are blaming religion, by that very definition they are all equal if not worse in some things. There is no exclusiveness in what bible or talmud says about how women have to dress or how to adress to men and so on, but you make it out to be.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:34 pm

There are lots of things in the Bible and most of them aren't binding on Christians. The Old Testament is almost completely non-binding (i.e. has no lega power) since the Old Law was abrogated by Jesus. Christian doctrone is almost exclusively derived from the alleged words of Jesus and Paul the Apostle.

Christian sects that live by the Old Testament are either:
    1) self-deluding
    2) just plainly clueless
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:39 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:There are lots of things in the Bible and most of them aren't binding on Christians. The Old Testament is almost completely non-binding (i.e. has no lega power) since the Old Law was abrogated by Jesus. Christian doctrone is almost exclusively derived from the alleged words of Jesus and Paul the Apostle.

Christian sects that live by the Old Testament are either:
    1) self-deluding
    2) just plainly clueless

If nothing is "binding" in a religion why follow a fucking religion in first place?

Why not follow just plain codex that prevents you of being a c*nt? No religion has any legal power, just fiction based on rules that proof in a circle to naive people that is unfailable even tho you already proof how it is a failure.

I really love such religious nutheads that are cherrypicking and just calling people who live by the religion as "self-deluding". You are a self-deluding person if you just ignore old testament which part of the bible of your pseudo religion my jewish non pal.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:50 pm

Not all of the BIBle is non-binding.Rolling Eyes Only the Old Testment is.

The Old and New Testament each play a specfic role in Christianity. The Old Testament is meant to provide a kind of "background information", be a "how it all began" type of book. It is meant to introduce believers into the history of God's religion with the idea of progressive revelation, culminating in the coming of Christ. But Christians don't go to the Old Testament for guidance (you don't derive info about current German law from Landrecht either) - for guidance, there is the New Testament, in which the writings of Paul are avtually the most important.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:52 pm

I rest my case on self-deluding cherrypickers.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:26 am

Seems like anything related to Islam are taboo in some regions of the U.S.

https://www.rt.com/usa/326374-virginia-county-schools-closed-arabic/

====
    ====

Werewolf wrote:I rest my case on self-deluding cherrypickers.

The normal Christians in this world are practically deists. They belive in Jesus The Good Guy and an Old Man With Magic. But they aknow that most of the Bible are fairy tales, not facts, and at least they know that creationism is bullshit.

For me, I am fine with that.

I am an atheist, though.

My suspect is that Jesus was a social/religious reformer, he saw that the old Judaism law were bullshit and the concurrent Jewish priests were pieces of trash. So he tried to do something.

Jesus still pretended to follow the old law to make his ideas seem legit. But he practically broke many of the old laws and kicked the a** of the Old Testament.

Of course, writings about Jesus were done decades after he died, so it's not like we can get an accurate image about what he really said.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:45 pm

higurashihougi wrote:Seems like anything related to Islam are taboo in some regions of the U.S.

https://www.rt.com/usa/326374-virginia-county-schools-closed-arabic/

====
    ====

Werewolf wrote:I rest my case on self-deluding cherrypickers.

The normal Christians in this world are practically deists. They belive in Jesus The Good Guy and an Old Man With Magic. But they aknow that most of the Bible are fairy tales, not facts, and at least they know that creationism is bullshit.

For me, I am fine with that.

I am an atheist, though.

My suspect is that Jesus was a social/religious reformer, he saw that the old Judaism law were bullshit and the concurrent Jewish priests were pieces of trash. So he tried to do something.

Jesus still pretended to follow the old law to make his ideas seem legit. But he practically broke many of the old laws and kicked the a** of the Old Testament.

Of course, writings about Jesus were done decades after he died, so it's not like we can get an accurate image about what he really said.

^^^ Each person, imho, speaks from where they were born, and what they know by experience, or don't know.

In the USA, my parents' generation (born 1910-1919) was the last generation of Americans who most ppl, not all, but most, were Christians.
    To be sure there were other ppl with other religious beliefs. but all the ppl I knew growing up, no matter if Anglo, black, or Mexicans (Latino) believed in God and Jesus Christ, and that (Christianity) was their religion. Then came the 60's, & the Viet Nam War, and progressed to where America is today, far from where it was when I was a kid. But in the South, (I can't speak for the North, East, or Western U.S., because I don't live there.) There are a LOT of Christians: Anglo, Mexicans, blacks, Asians, & from my experience, the Christians I know all believe both the New and Old Testament, but also believe they are under grace, not law.
    I can't speak so much for Catholics, because I'm a non-denominational Protestant. I know nothing about the Catholic church.

I grew up in a strict denomination: no cussing, no drinking, no wearing shorts, no divorce, and boys and girls swimming in a public swimming pool.
    But by today, all of that has changed in that denomination...

I had a friend who also grew up in a different strict denomination: no going to a movie theater, women wore long hair, and long dresses.

& I've been around Mennonite and Amish some, and there is no Christian Taliban. Altho the Amish are the most clannish.

We went to public school, anyone who could afford it went to college, & my Dad, & my Mother certainly didn't rear me to sit down and shut up, but to stand up and speak up!! & neither reared me to allow anyone to run over me.

Christians believe Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of God, God in the flesh, who was born of a Virgin, who came to earth, God with us, fully God, fully man, who was sacrificed for our sins, crucified, rose again, and is sitting at the right hand of the Father, in heaven, and who ever believes in Him, accepts Him, and His sacrifice, is born again, of God, has a new Spirit, Christ lives in them, and empowers them to live for Him.
    and that He will come to earth again.

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he comes with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Persons have MISUSED Christianity for their own benefit, & they will be judged for their actions by a righteous Judge.

Re 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

But on this earth, people are given FREE WILL by God, the ability to choose.....the gift of choice....not force...actions freely chosen...

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I don't hate ppl who aren't Christians.

And...the deal is, we aren't worshiping or following some words written on paper which have no life (that was the law), but Jesus Christ is a living Spirit.

He isn't dead, and He can appear to persons on earth, reveal Himself....

------------------
    Why do you think a Kuban Priest appeared on a video walking through Novorossiya with a cross?

Because they believe in a God, and a Lord and Saviour with power, that's why.
    --------------------------

Ac 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
    Ac 9:2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
    Ac 9:3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
    Ac 9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
    Ac 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
    Ac 9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
    Ac 9:7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
    Ac 9:8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.
    Ac 9:9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.
    Ac 9:10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.
    Ac 9:11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and inquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,
    Ac 9:12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:57 pm

Europe, Multiculturalism, and Nihilism
    by Luca Volontè
    within Foreign Affairs, Islam, Religion and the Public Square

December 17th, 2015

An excellent essay by Italian politician, Luca Volontè, currently CEO of the Novae Terra Foundation and Chair of the Dignitatis Humanae Institute ...

http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2015/12/16161/

QUOTE:
    Most Westerners don’t want to think about the fact that millions of human lives were lost because of the decision to exclude God from public life. It is easier to argue with Putin than to reflect on how the Western world is becoming more and more similar to Soviet society as we progressively exclude God from history and our civic memory.
    -------
    Integration Must Be Built Upon Cultural Identity

By contrast, every successful model of cultural integration has been built upon a real respect for other faiths and other cultures—a respect that starts from the proud affirmation of one’s own cultural memory and personal identity. Common sense, phenomenological philosophy, and the testimony of human history all demonstrate that integration must be founded on respect for both one’s own personal and national identity and the personal and national identities of others.
    -------
    Such cases clearly illustrate the totalitarian spirit of this new secularism. The new secularism is not only interested in controlling today’s society; it also seeks to deprive future generations of the keys to unlock and interpret of our personal and international memory. The abolition of books like Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy, St. Francis of Assisi’s “Canticle of the Sun,” the Rule of Saint Benedict, and the novels of G.K. Chesterton, J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, T.S. Eliot, Graham Greene, and Cormac McCarthy will not help society to develop integration and mutual respect. On the contrary, such repression will lead everyone to new unbearable forms of slavery.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:56 pm

Go to USA you will find many nutheaded fundamentalists who have never read the bible but believe in all fairy tales of Noah's ark, world just few thousand years old, Adam and Eva are mother and father of all humans and cretinism is widly excepted among christians there, but of course one group of people are not reflection of the majority but i simply use the same methods as that islamophobic guy that wants to kill all Sunnis which are 85% of all muslims, because minority of some paid radicals or some desperate people who have lost everything and seek for revenage are somehow reflection of all members of a certain religious group.  Fuck logic lets just get on and genocide every fucking religion, ethnicity or political group because all clishees or propaganda created perceptions are now justification to hate and actually to wipe out the entire group. The planet would be far better without human parasites let us make room for better species to dominate this planet.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:48 pm

Maybe because Islamic radicals want to kill everyone who disagrees with them and actually put their ideas into practice? Rolling Eyes Christian fundamentalists don't do that or at least do that on a scale that is orders of magnitude smaller. Other than a handful of attacks on abortion clinics (in which some 20 people died over 40 yr timeframe... in a country with 200+ mln ppl), there is hardly any violence that you can acuse US fundamentalists of.

Do you know why are American Evangelical Christians called fundamentalists? Not for their violence - but adult baptism, creationism. literal ressurection of Christ etc. stuff like that.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:02 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Maybe because Islamic radicals want to kill everyone who disagrees with them and actually put their ideas into practice? Rolling Eyes Christian fundamentalists don't do that or at least do that on a scale that is orders of magnitude smaller. Other than a handful of attacks on abortion clinics (in which some 20 people died over 40 yr timeframe... in a country with 200+ mln ppl), there is hardly any violence that you can acuse US fundamentalists of.

Do you know why are American Evangelical Christians called fundamentalists? Not for their violence - but adult baptism, creationism. literal ressurection of Christ etc. stuff like that.

Christian nutheads do that on big scale as soon they have opportunity. Genocide by vaccine with mercury of women to sterilize them.

https://christianwatchindia.wordpress.com/2010/10/07/partial-history-of-christian-missionary-atrocities/

You are completley driving here propaganda of the "muslims are all animals" "christians are saints". Such things only and exclusivley happen when there is instability and no legal law and enforcement is in place. Such things never happened under Assad or Gaddafi when law and stability ruled, minorities were protected and now under US Proxy war such things are always without exceptions the case were US puts its nose in with interest in instability. I can acuse fundamentalists of anything they are fundamentalists.

Such things only happen in unstable states of society where consequences are non existent or very weak just watch europe today were Police is told not to enforce law against violent refugees of the artificial created Refugee crisis by US. German police do absolutley nothing when negros, arabs, caucasians are hitting, raping, vandalism in germany, hell there were several murders without prosecution which according to the german police was "not to de-escalate the situation".

http://www.zeit.de/politik/deutschland/2015-10/fluechtlinge-polizei-ermittlung-illegale-einreise
    http://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article147987206/Verheimlicht-die-Polizei-brisante-Straftaten.html
    http://www.huffingtonpost.de/2015/10/16/polizei-straftaten-flucht_n_8310318.html

If there are no consequences people do anything even people who you would call normal would do unmoral, unethic and some would do unlawful/criminal and right out disgusting things.

american christian nutheads are catholic pal.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:27 pm

Embarassed I sometimes wish Baha'i Faith became the dominant religion in the Abrahamic religious area... would put a swift end to all Abrahamic extremism.
    jhelb
    jhelb

Post  jhelb Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:12 am

Werewolf wrote:american christian nutheads are catholic pal.

Really?? You serious about this??

FYI the vast majority of nutheads are Evangelicals.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:40 pm

jhelb wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:american christian nutheads are catholic pal.

Very Happy Laughing *World Peace
    jhelb
    jhelb

Post  jhelb Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:32 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    jhelb wrote:

Very Happy Laughing *World Peace  

Touché Very Happy
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:24 pm

I watched a part of that documentary posted by Werewolf and read several articles about the Akha people? And honestly - what is the connection between actions of that missionary and the teachings of Christianity? Rolling Eyes It appears that he was simply approached by the Thai government and asked to get tid of some unwanted tribe. He did not provide any verses from the Bible to justify his actions, he did not quote any Christian theologians etc. When ISIS started taking Ezidi women as slaves, they quoted several verses from the Quran, numerous hadiths and opinions of several Muslim jurists (including the greatest scholars of Islam that ever lived), to justify their actions. Did that missionary provide evidence of similar callibre?

Anyway, how is sterilizing a few thousand people comparable to killing MILLIONS? Sunni-Shia violence in Iraq killed several times more civilians than this and genocide of Hindus by Pak army in 1971 claimed at least 5 times that much lives by the lowest estimate.

I am not claiming that Christian terroristm does not exist. It does exist, just in truly minuscule numbers. Even Jewish religious terrorism is more bloody than Christian one, taking into account demographic discrepancy of collosal scale.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:33 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:I watched a part of that documentary posted by Werewolf and read several articles about the Akha people? And honestly - what is the connection between actions of that missionary and the teachings of Christianity? Rolling Eyes It appears that he was simply approached by the Thai government and asked to get tid of some unwanted tribe. He did not provide any verses from the Bible to justify his actions, he did not quote any Christian theologians etc. When ISIS started taking Ezidi women as slaves, they quoted several verses from the Quran, numerous hadiths and opinions of several Muslim jurists (including the greatest scholars of Islam that ever lived), to justify their actions. Did that missionary provide evidence of similar callibre?

Anyway, how is sterilizing a few thousand people comparable to killing MILLIONS? Sunni-Shia violence in Iraq killed several times more civilians than this and genocide of Hindus by Pak army in 1971 claimed at least 5 times that much lives by the lowest estimate.

I am not claiming that Christian terroristm does not exist. It does exist, just in truly minuscule numbers. Even Jewish religious terrorism is more bloody than Christian one, taking into account demographic discrepancy of collosal scale.

Ohh you fuckwid of a fucking religious lunatic. There i post you that christians committ a genocide where he says that God did not give him any sign that it is a bad thing so he is ok with it. You fuckiwid lunatics ever use your brain or is it non existent?

He fucking said God would be thrilled if this women can sleep with their husbands and not being worried to get pregnant. Sure because that is totally not connected with a fuckwit lunatic religious piece of shit like you are. But of course lunatic fundamentalists and radicals do never have a connection with Bible or Quran they just get preeched about it by others and as dimwits they are they interpret it like they want or how it suites them. Scum nothing else a christian Genocide and the fucking Bible encourages genocide under gods word and law and go fuck yourself with your bullshit of Old Testament is not word of god and your stupid cherry picking. You religious nutheads are the problem in this world.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:39 pm

Muslim terrorism quote verses from the Quran all the time and Ultraorthodox Jews also quote verses from the Torah to justify intolerance of Palestinians. But Christian terrorists have a tough nut to crack when it comes to justifying their actions with scriptural evidence. They never have any evidence except "we think so so we do it"
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:50 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Muslim terrorism quote verses from the Quran all the time and Ultraorthodox Jews also quote verses from the Torah to justify intolerance of Palestinians. But Christian terrorists have a tough nut to crack when it comes to justifying their actions with scriptural evidence. They never have any evidence except "we think so so we do it"

Because the amount among christians that have never read the fucking Bible is higher then among other religions because fuckwited christian radicals in the west are not actually connected to religion but are just empty pots that are filled with hatred and arrogance.

Ask most self proclaimed christians any question regarding content of bible let us see how many of those christians actually know some of the content. Hell there are pastors that do not know jack shit about the bible. Religion in the west is a phony thing even for radicals they manifest their own believes before reading the book, but that is all besides the point everyone knows how vile this shit book is more vile than Quran less vile than Talmud and still only nutheads pretend there are no things like that happening. You are grasping to every straw you can imagine. Muslims do not do jackshit it is MErcenaries that are waving the Flag of fake radical Religion and are soley and exclusively raiding lands of secular muslim countries which are a thorn in the eye of Israel (Jewish) and USA (Christian). Of course you jews do not want to let the conversation lead in that direction. Keep your vile crap to yourself.

bitch_killer likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:54 am