Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+70
ludovicense
Sprut-B
Podlodka77
Krepost
Belisarius
Rodion_Romanovic
wilhelm
Robert.V
Dr.Snufflebug
caveat emptor
Broski
Gazputin
thegopnik
andalusia
Lennox
Daniel_Admassu
Mir
ALAMO
limb
Russian_Patriot_
lancelot
Backman
Kiko
LMFS
Scorpius
PhSt
dino00
marat
miketheterrible
Dima
Hole
PapaDragon
KiloGolf
Singular_Transform
JohninMK
Singular_trafo
Zivo
william.boutros
Book.
KoTeMoRe
Project Canada
Rmf
mutantsushi
Prince Darling
Svyatoslavich
higurashihougi
eehnie
Neutrality
macedonian
George1
flamming_python
Vann7
AbsoluteZero
kvs
GarryB
Werewolf
Mike E
sepheronx
KomissarBojanchev
Firebird
magnumcromagnon
gaurav
TheArmenian
AlfaT8
Viktor
Regular
Cyberspec
TR1
Austin
Sujoy
74 posters

Russian Auto Industry

Neutrality
    Neutrality

Russian Auto Industry - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

Post  Neutrality Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:58 pm

"People are disappointed because X and Y". Since when are we taking Youtube comments seriously? It's a car which costs around 6500 euros and that's completely new. Find me a new car for that kind of money in Europe and we'll talk. LADA made a great push in the right direction with the Vesta and X-RAY. People's expectations are too unrealistic. They expect Russian manufacturers to produce a car which is on the same level as a BMW and pay 2000 euros for it. And all of that in a single year. Rolling Eyes
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:55 pm

Neutrality wrote:"People are disappointed because X and Y". Since when are we taking Youtube comments seriously? It's a car which costs around 6500 euros and that's completely new. Find me a new car for that kind of money in Europe and we'll talk. LADA made a great push in the right direction with the Vesta and X-RAY. People's expectations are too unrealistic. They expect Russian manufacturers to produce a car which is on the same level as a BMW and pay 2000 euros for it. And all of that in a single year. Rolling Eyes

Car ''experts'' from East Europe are some of most retarded degenerates in existence so don't fret too much, you should hear similar morons from Serbia.

Funny thing is that when someone tried to make Russian car from scratch the way they suggest (Marussia supercar) they all complained and laughed because ''all Russian cats shit, Russians can't make things, let Europeans make cars good''.

Now Lada ''listens'' to them (lol) and it is all wrong again... trolls will be trolls.

And who's is to say those dislikes are all from Russian users? Too many ukrops and other EE scum is allowed on the internet unsupervised.

Post  Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:41 pm

Neutrality wrote:"People are disappointed because X and Y". Since when are we taking Youtube comments seriously? It's a car which costs around 6500 euros and that's completely new. Find me a new car for that kind of money in Europe and we'll talk. LADA made a great push in the right direction with the Vesta and X-RAY. People's expectations are too unrealistic. They expect Russian manufacturers to produce a car which is on the same level as a BMW and pay 2000 euros for it. And all of that in a single year. Rolling Eyes

Well, i suppose people expected genuine Lada chasis too Smile But yeah i agree car looks decent for the money, sadly little to none will reach European markets due to..well...noone wants anything Russian here. Except maybe Serbia, Bulgaria and few other Balcan countries.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:27 pm

Militarov wrote:
    Well, i suppose people expected genuine Lada chasis too Smile But yeah i agree car looks decent for the money, sadly little to none will reach European markets due to..well...noone wants anything Russian here. Except maybe Serbia, Bulgaria and few other Balcan countries.

The Vesta is IIRC completely based on their own (AvtoVAZ) platform.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:51 pm

In the past, Lada was quite popular.  Niva sold very well in south america till they changed import taxes, making it expensive.

The new ladas are a whole new type of quality.  Apparently quite good and over 80% localized parts.  To say it is french is true though but people seem to forget it is owned by Nissan-Renault jv.  Same compabies whom also manufacture in east/central europe.  If they say it is shit, it is because they are a bunch of biased retards.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:53 pm

Neutrality wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Somewhat but mostly yes.  Vesta is a modernized Granta and Granta was similar to a sebring.  But yes, Vesta is their own design.  Xray may not be though.

Then again, Hyundai Santa Fe isnt south korean design but porsche.  Still made in south korea and was one of Hyundais best sellers.

Post  Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:13 pm

Neutrality wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Sort of, still developed in cooperation with Reno-Nissan engineers, so it has similiarities with their own designs like Sandero and X-Ray concept, but its unique in its own way. Using chasis developed/bult by other companies is not rare today anyways.

Post  Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:18 pm

sepheronx wrote:In the past, Lada was quite popular.  Niva sold very well in south america till they changed import taxes, making it expensive.

The new ladas are a whole new type of quality.  Apparently quite good and over 80% localized parts.  To say it is french is true though but people seem to forget it is owned by Nissan-Renault jv.  Same compabies whom also manufacture in east/central europe.  If they say it is shit, it is because they are a bunch of biased retards.

Lada Niva is quite popular here too, but fewer and fewer are seen on the streets due to huge amounts of second hand 4x4s that came past few years from the West, mostly Jeep and Rovers which took the market for new Ladas. But lets say in 70s and 80s Lada Riva was quite casually seen on streets together with Fiat 1300, Zastava 750, Zastava 101 and similar...

Unless actually Renault-Nissan group tries to market XRay in Europe i dont think it will go well here, coz ppl have..already formed opinion about anything Russian, especially cars. When its about other markets like Asia, Middle East, even Balcan i guess Lada could sell quite a few of these.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:09 pm

Foreign market is something that AvtoVAZ has to worry about in the future. The domestic market is huge as the Russian car market is one of the biggest in the world. If they continue this course with refreshing models and cheaper cars, they'll create some serious competition for European car companies in Russia. Then, when Lada has established itself within Russia and people don't consider it cheap quality anymore, that's when AvtoVAZ can start thinking about the European car market. If Dacia can do it then why can't Lada? Alot comes down to right marketing and price. 6000-7000 euro for a brand new car which is no worse than any other European car qualitywise? You can count me in and probably a few (ten) thousand other people.

Post  Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:26 pm

Neutrality wrote:Foreign market is something that AvtoVAZ has to worry about in the future. The domestic market is huge as the Russian car market is one of the biggest in the world. If they continue this course with refreshing models and cheaper cars, they'll create some serious competition for European car companies in Russia. Then, when Lada has established itself within Russia and people don't consider it cheap quality anymore, that's when AvtoVAZ can start thinking about the European car market. If Dacia can do it then why can't Lada? Alot comes down to right marketing and price. 6000-7000 euro for a brand new car which is no worse than any other European car qualitywise? You can count me in and probably a few (ten) thousand other people.

Well Russia car market shrinked quite alot since 2013. at least when its about import cars, still Avtovaz is marked in Russia as "boys first car" or for common not very well situated people, they buy foreign vehicle soon as they get the money as you can notice on Russian streets.

Well thing is that Dacia had alot of help from its Renault dad, hopefully Lada gets the same, id like to see them rolling on EU streets. Well thing is that Dacia is selling their cars for basically same price tag, same goes with some Asian brands, many will pay 1k more for Hyundai than save up 1k on Lada. I personally wouldnt mind this car at all, looks good enough for what i would use it for.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:26 pm

Neutrality wrote:Foreign market is something that AvtoVAZ has to worry about in the future. The domestic market is huge as the Russian car market is one of the biggest in the world. If they continue this course with refreshing models and cheaper cars, they'll create some serious competition for European car companies in Russia. Then, when Lada has established itself within Russia and people don't consider it cheap quality anymore, that's when AvtoVAZ can start thinking about the European car market. If Dacia can do it then why can't Lada? Alot comes down to right marketing and price. 6000-7000 euro for a brand new car which is no worse than any other European car qualitywise? You can count me in and probably a few (ten) thousand other people.

That's right, there will be market demand and European car dealers, resellers, etc... will want to take advantage of this demand.
    Europe not wanting to buy Russian doesn't come into the equation.
    All AvtoVAZ needs to do is promote itself better, a real major campaign - in the Balkans, in Eastern Europe, in Southern Europe, in Israel. I think Germany & France are quite ripe for such a model too. Most of these markets are familiar with Russian designs. But I don't see any real efforts being made, no advertising campaigns, no export deals, nuthin.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:51 pm

Lada is already selling in Germany http://www.lada.de
    A Lada dealership has just opened in Hungary.
    They signed up an agency in Lebanon (will open in 2016)

Yes, they are already making moves into non-CIS markets.

Post  Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:12 am

TheArmenian wrote:Lada is already selling in Germany http://www.lada.de

That site tho gave me cancer, id build them something better for free... -.-
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:23 am

They have such dealerships in many countries; and that website gives you an idea of what I was talking about - crappy brand promotion and selling of old models.
    It's an absolute joke - their level of effort.

I meant a proper advertising/selling campaign; they have the resources for it. A blitz of TV ads, modern websites, promotional events, sponsorships of sports and cultural events, showroom models & test drives, contests, etc...
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:08 am

flamming_python wrote:

They have such dealerships in many countries; and that website gives you an idea of what I was talking about - crappy brand promotion and selling of old models.
    It's an absolute joke - their level of effort.

I meant a proper advertising/selling campaign; they have the resources for it. A blitz of TV ads, modern websites, promotional events, sponsorships of sports and cultural events, showroom models & test drives, contests, etc...

I think it is more of a "Go in easy" method. If they go all in, they may just destroy themselves - See Target in Canada.

That said, I would agree. But I imagine the models like Niva (which didn't really change so they are new Niva's) and Granta's would sell quite well, for being cheap. But yeah, maybe offer the new Vesta and XRay for the other markets and have bigger advertisement for them.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:50 pm

sepheronx wrote: But I imagine the models like Niva (which didn't really change so they are new Niva's) and Granta's would sell quite well, for being cheap.

Russian Auto Industry - Page 9 2ab9bc4208a118b77190b636a222edf4

Chevrolet Niva 2. This car is supposedly in production but I still haven't read any official news about it. What a damn nice looking car.

Post  Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:49 pm

Neutrality wrote:
    sepheronx wrote: But I imagine the models like Niva (which didn't really change so they are new Niva's) and Granta's would sell quite well, for being cheap.

Russian Auto Industry - Page 9 2ab9bc4208a118b77190b636a222edf4

Chevrolet Niva 2. This car is supposedly in production but I still haven't read any official news about it. What a damn nice looking car.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2016-chevrolet-niva-shows-up-in-camo-for-the-first-time-photo-gallery-97126.html
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:56 pm

Militarov wrote:http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2016-chevrolet-niva-shows-up-in-camo-for-the-first-time-photo-gallery-97126.html

Okay, that's awesome Twisted Evil
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:43 pm

Two different vehicles though. Chevy Niva isnt same as Avtovaz Niva.  As well, screw Chevy.  Garbage, overpriced vehicles.  Much like Chrystler+Dodge.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:22 am

@ FlamingPython

Hold your horses. That website does not belong to Lada. It is the website of the local German dealership that sells Lada. Big difference.

Lada does not do much advertising outside the CIS. Whatever they are selling currently outside the CIS is just gravy. They have not put the effort (and $$$) there yet. But hold on to your butt, that may change in the future (and the weak Rouble will help).

Note that Avtovaz is a joint venture with Renault-Nissan. That global entity is the one who decides what effort and what marketing and what $$$ will be spent and where. Note that even their Datsun brand is not marketed in much of the world.

I don't want to go into too much details, suffice to say that the Automotive industry is much more complicated than what the average people think. I know because I have been dealing with that industry for the last 20 years.

@ Neutrality

The photo you posted is the new version of the Chevrolet Niva. It is not in production yet. I am not sure it will ever be. Note that the Chevrolet Niva is a joint venture between Avtovaz (Lada) and General Motors (Chevrolet). Currently, their factory in Togliatti still produces the old Chevrolet Niva.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:57 am

AvtoVAZ made electric Lada Vesta EV
    Newspaper «Volzhsky autobuilder" corporate edition Togliatti plant, announced the creation of a new, all-electric, the sedan version of "Harmony Vesta".

The electric car, called Lada Vesta EV, equipped with engine capacity of 60 kW (80 hp..) And a block of lithium-ion batteries. According to official data, in the battery is fully charged from a household electrical outlet will need about nine hours, but when connecting to a network voltage of 380 V charging time will be reduced to about one and a half hours. Declared cruising range on a single charge - 150 km. As long as one instance created an electrical "lead", for 2016 it is planned to build several more vehicles for further testing and refinement of the structure. Serial production of electric vehicle "Lada Vesta EV» is not planned, but in the words of one of the representatives of AvtoVAZ, the company will be able to release the machine if there is demand. Last year, in Togliatti was created experimental "Lada Granta" with a hybrid, but no further news about that project was no more. A couple of years ago, AvtoVAZ produced a small batch of electric cars "Hellas", which is also not admitted to the free market.

Russian Auto Industry - Page 9 Af9gn8Q
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:10 pm

Copy from (and thank you) JohninMK

BELGRADE (Sputnik) — Moscow is considering transferring the manufacturing of components for the major Russian carmakers KAMAZ and AVTOVAZ from Turkey to Serbia, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said Monday.

"Up until now, these car components were manufactured in Turkey. We believe that the Serbian [auto] industry is capable of producing them. This will also bring the Serbian economy serious financial dividends," Rogozin said.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/world/20160111/1032955752/russia-serbia-car-details.html#ixzz3wyKWGN9f
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:52 pm

The sales of passenger cars in Russia dropped by 30 percent while passenger car production fell by 24 percent in 2015, Minister of Industry and Trade Denis Manturov said Thursday.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20160114/1033131840/passenger-car-sales-russia.html#ixzz3xKCjP2wo

Medvedev: Russian Government Plans to Increase Support for Auto Industry

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20160115/1033183203/russia-increase-support-auto-industry.html#ixzz3xKCoFicU
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:55 am

Ford EcoSport crossover began to equip a new Russian-made engine
    Russian Auto Industry - Page 9 PeauqZW
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:35 am

Belarus has started selling sedan Lada Vesta
    Russian Auto Industry - Page 9 2WmrPoH