Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+90
Maximmmm
franco
JohninMK
Rmf
PapaDragon
zepia
Cplnew83
OminousSpudd
jhelb
Rodinazombie
higurashihougi
George1
mack8
GunshipDemocracy
Book.
Flanky
ExBeobachter1987
rtech
Cyberspec
Dima
max steel
KoTeMoRe
Honesroc
Tyloe
mutantsushi
collegeboy16
kvs
VladimirSahin
Regular
bantugbro
Kyo
zidzu
F-15E
GarryB
wilhelm
type055
par far
GJ Flanker
Werewolf
Hannibal Barca
magnumcromagnon
AlfaT8
Big_Gazza
Firebird
arpakola
Feldmarszal
EKS
Hachimoto
navyfield
redgiacomo
Mike E
fragmachine
Asf
flamming_python
macedonian
TheArmenian
Flyingdutchman
Vann7
highlander3
Deep Throat
Sujoy
dionis
Zivo
Shadåw
ricky123
Mr.Kalishnikov47
KomissarBojanchev
medo
TR1
ahmedfire
AbsoluteZero
runaway
Ogannisyan8887
Hoof
IronsightSniper
Austin
milky_candy_sugar
NationalRus
Cléo
Serbia Forever 2
Viktor
Sukhoi37_Terminator
IBRIS
Jelena
soldieroffortune
Vladislav
sepheronx
Admin
Stealthflanker
Russian Patriot
94 posters

Mistral News thread

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Mistral News thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Mistral News thread

Post  PapaDragon Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:38 pm

Razz
    Mistral News thread - Page 39 1047512836
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:44 pm

JohninMK wrote:The ships are second owner now so Egypt will be negotiating hard on price, plus they come with complications in fitting out. Hollande's statement was certainly a hostage to fortune.

Not really... the loss is in long lead contracts not yet signed which Egypt will have to sign later in order to maintain its Mistrals.  France will actually get more money out of Egypt as they can't build anything for it while we could replace most of it ourselves. The French Senate is trying to balance its budget and will be at a loss this year, however DCNS will get more business in the long term.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:46 pm

Its all over now. Egypt has signed the contract, finance mainly from Saudi. Delivery in March after training for 400 Egyptian sailors.

No mention of fitting out etc.

(AFP) Machine translation from the French

French Prime Minister Manuel Valls Saturday in Cairo has finalized the sale to Egypt of two Mistral warships including the purchase by Russia had been canceled by Paris because of the Ukrainian crisis.

French President Francois Hollande announced September 23 that it had agreed the sale with his Egyptian counterpart Abdel Fattah al-Sissi. For an amount of about 950 million, had they then specified within the French government.

The French group of defense industries "DCNS" has signed with the Egyptian Navy contract of sale of the two buildings Mistral in the presence of MM. Sissi and Valls ", told AFP a member of the entourage of the French prime minister after his meeting with Egyptian President.

Mr. Valls Saturday in Egypt began a four-day tour of the Middle East, which also take him to Jordan and Saudi Arabia and will be dominated by bilateral trade and regional conflicts.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.lalibre.be/dernieres-depeches/afp/mistral-valls-finalise-la-vente-de-deux-navires-a-l-egypte-56191b9d35700fb92f97d97e&prev=search
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:52 am

Well you say it is all over, but the Russians had signed and paid and got the training too... what happens when Egypt does something France does not like... or should I say what happens when Egypt does something Washington doesn't like...
    Project Canada

Post  Project Canada Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:26 am

Second Time Lucky? France Says It Is Ready to Sell New Ships to Russia

French president seems to be good at humor Laughing
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:42 am

Project Canada wrote:

French president seems to be good at humor  Laughing

You gotta be kidding me

Then again, without trying to sound lke the twins, i can imagine russia doing it out of goodwill, in order to revive the relationship with one of its western 'partners'. Though i doubt it would be a military ship.

Post  Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:42 am

Project Canada wrote:

He was probably talking about civilian shipbuilding, i doubt he has any ilusion about selling military ships to Russia, coz again contract would just get blocked by USA as did this one. They cant sell pencil abroad without consulting NATO.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:33 pm

Project Canada wrote:

They could, but only under condition, that ships will be 100% build in Russian shipyards. In that way, Russia could buy new Mistrals as France could not block deliveries from St. Petersburg's shipyards. Russia could now buy only blueprints and documentation and build them themselves.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:38 pm

medo wrote:
    Project Canada wrote:

They could, but only under condition, that ships will be 100% build in Russian shipyards. In that way, Russia could buy new Mistrals as France could not block deliveries from St. Petersburg's shipyards. Russia could now buy only blueprints and documentation and build them themselves.

Russia has already ToT. What Russia needs is the blocks to make the modular assembly. These would be built in France and shipped in Russia by boat.

Insert, "Hey dawg..." joke here.

Post  Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:41 pm

"France currently operates 3 Mistral Class LHDs, after buying a 3rd using economic stimulus funds. Unlike other LHD designs, the Mistral Class can’t operate fixed wing aircraft, and some observers in Russia and elsewhere classify at as an LHA. Regardless, it’s an important tool of power projection. Mistral Class ships can carry and deploy up to 16 helicopters, including attack helicopters like France’s Tiger or Russia’s Ka-50/52. Their main punch revolves around 4 landing barges or 2 medium hovercraft, however, which deliver armored vehicles, tanks, and soldiers to shore. Vessels of this class are equipped with a 69-bed hospital, and could be used as amphibious command ships.

Russia wants that kind of versatility – even as her neighbors fear it. After Russia’s annexation of Ukraine and the continued covert war in Eastern Ukraine, this contract became a major point of contention between Russia and NATO members."

Not sure why, but i always start laughing at this typo Very Happy

Post  Guest Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:55 pm

"Rusija će isporučiti egipatskim „mistralima“ helikoptere i prateću opremu u vrednosti od preko milijardu dolara. To je saopštio šef administracije ruskog predsednika Sergej Ivanov. Prema njegovim rečima, Rusija će da isporuči svu nedostajuću opremu bez koje su ti brodovi „obične konzerve", uključujući, naravno, i helikoptere.Ranije je saopšteno da su ruski koncerni „Morinformsistema-Agat" i „Radioelektronske tehnologije" spremne da opreme ove brodove najnovijim tehnološkim sistemima, uključujući i sistem radioelektronske zaštite 5P28 Pobeditelj."

Mistral News thread - Page 39 Construction-of-the-ship-continues

Russia will deliver Helicopters and following equipment for Egyptian Mistrals worth over 1 billion USD. That was stated by chief of administration Sergei Ivanov. By his statement Russia shall deliver all missing equipment without which Mistrals are just "cans" including helicopters. It was earlier annoynced that Russian concern Morinformsistema-Agat and Radioelektronske tehnologije are ready to equip these ships with newest system including system for radioelectronic protection 5P25 Pobeditel".

If anyone need any help with original serbian text i mean rest of it, feel free to ask.

Source (Serbian): http://rs-lat.sputniknews.com/rusija/20151019/1100395735/rusija-isporuka-mistrali-egipat.html
    Source (translated Serbian): https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=sr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Frs-lat.sputniknews.com%2Frusija%2F20151019%2F1100395735%2Frusija-isporuka-mistrali-egipat.html&edit-text=

"As is known, France is currently negotiating with Egypt for the sale of two Mistral ships that were previously built for Russia. On Thursday, Russian Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov said that Russia is ready to sell electronic equipment for the Mistral ships to their future buyer, as reported by RIA Novosti.
    KRET has proposed to equip the Mistral ships with 5P28 Pobeditel electronic defense systems, which can be installed on large ships such as aircraft carriers, helicopter carriers, and cruisers. The system greatly increases a ship’s life expectancy." - directly from KRET

Source: http://kret.com/en/news/3999/
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:41 pm

Militarov wrote:"Rusija će isporučiti egipatskim „mistralima“ helikoptere i prateću opremu u vrednosti od preko milijardu dolara. To je saopštio šef administracije ruskog predsednika Sergej Ivanov. Prema njegovim rečima, Rusija će da isporuči svu nedostajuću opremu bez koje su ti brodovi „obične konzerve", uključujući, naravno, i helikoptere.Ranije je saopšteno da su ruski koncerni „Morinformsistema-Agat" i „Radioelektronske tehnologije" spremne da opreme ove brodove najnovijim tehnološkim sistemima, uključujući i sistem radioelektronske zaštite 5P28 Pobeditelj."

Russia will deliver Helicopters and following equipment for Egyptian Mistrals worth over 1 billion USD. That was stated by chief of administration Sergei Ivanov. By his statement Russia shall deliver all missing equipment without which Mistrals are just "cans" including helicopters. It was earlier annoynced that Russian concern Morinformsistema-Agat and Radioelektronske tehnologije are ready to equip these ships with newest system including system for radioelectronic protection 5P25 Pobeditel".

If anyone need any help with original serbian text i mean rest of it, feel free to ask.

"As is known, France is currently negotiating with Egypt for the sale of two Mistral ships that were previously built for Russia. On Thursday, Russian Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov said that Russia is ready to sell electronic equipment for the Mistral ships to their future buyer, as reported by RIA Novosti.
    KRET has proposed to equip the Mistral ships with 5P28 Pobeditel electronic defense systems, which can be installed on large ships such as aircraft carriers, helicopter carriers, and cruisers. The system greatly increases a ship’s life expectancy." - directly from KRET

Fascinating, so not only did Russia get its roughly $1B back (plus saved its own fit out cost) but now it gets another $1B for fitting them out for the Egyptians. Got to be some happy faces in Moscow.

Post  Guest Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:46 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Militarov wrote:"Rusija će isporučiti egipatskim „mistralima“ helikoptere i prateću opremu u vrednosti od preko milijardu dolara. To je saopštio šef administracije ruskog predsednika Sergej Ivanov. Prema njegovim rečima, Rusija će da isporuči svu nedostajuću opremu bez koje su ti brodovi „obične konzerve", uključujući, naravno, i helikoptere.Ranije je saopšteno da su ruski koncerni „Morinformsistema-Agat" i „Radioelektronske tehnologije" spremne da opreme ove brodove najnovijim tehnološkim sistemima, uključujući i sistem radioelektronske zaštite 5P28 Pobeditelj."

Fascinating, so not only did Russia get its roughly $1B back (plus saved its own fit out cost) but now it gets another $1B for fitting them out for the Egyptians. Got to be some happy faces in Moscow.

Well not only that, KA52s will require maintenance, spare parts, ammunition, pilot and technician training, such contracts are long term source of money, well same goes for French aiding maintenance of Mistrals but still this one went quite well for Russians.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:16 pm

Militarov wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:

Well not only that, KA52s will require maintenance, spare parts, ammunition, pilot and technician training, such contracts are long term source of money, well same goes for French aiding maintenance of Mistrals but still this one went quite well for Russians.
    The million dollar question: where will the work be done?
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:32 pm

JohninMK wrote:

It's called Lol Sanctions.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:34 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:

So Egypt will pay 2 billion dollars for 2 Mistrals, which Egypt doesn't need and doesn't have that much money to throw it away. Most probably those ships will go to Russia to be fitted with Russian equipment and helicopters. Why I have a feeling, that Egypt will compensate the costs with simply leaving one Mistral in Russia or maybe even both.

Post  Guest Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:42 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:

The million dollar question: where will the work be done?

Probably in Egypt, since its just electronics installation, outfitting, can be done basically anywhere.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:57 pm

medo wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:

So Egypt will pay 2 billion dollars for 2 Mistrals, which Egypt doesn't need and doesn't have that much money to throw it away. Most probably those ships will go to Russia to be fitted with Russian equipment and helicopters. Why I have a feeling, that Egypt will compensate the costs with simply leaving one Mistral in Russia or maybe even both.

You say Egypt doesn't need Mistrals, but meanwhile the neighboring country of Libya is in outright chaos, and much of Gaddaffi's massive weapon stockpiles were flown in to Syria by Erdogan of Turkey. The most interesting aspect about the Syrian insurgency is that it could of just as easily been conducted in Egypt, or Algeria as opposed to Syria. The Muslim Brotherhood (Qatar's proxy terror/crime syndicate) started and supported the civil war in Algeria in the 90's, they started and still support the insurgency in Syria since 2011, and in 2013 they tried to start a civil war in Egypt but failed miserably.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:07 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    medo wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:

You say Egypt doesn't need Mistrals, but meanwhile the neighboring country of Libya is in outright chaos, and much of Gaddaffi's massive weapon stockpiles were flown in to Syria by Erdogan of Turkey. The most interesting aspect about the Syrian insurgency is that it could of just as easily been conducted in Egypt, or Algeria as opposed to Syria. The Muslim Brotherhood (Qatar's proxy terror/crime syndicate) started and supported the civil war in Algeria in the 90's, they started and still support the insurgency in Syria since 2011, and in 2013 they tried to start a civil war in Egypt but failed miserably.

And what will Mistral ships do for Egypt here? Libya is on the western border of Egypt. They only need strong ground force and air force. Both Egypt and Algeria could intervene in Libya and restore law and order in the northern Africa. But do they have the will to do this? How will NATO react? Where Egypt have problems, Mistral is of no use, they are deep inside Africa or in the desert.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:12 pm

medo wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:

Would be even loler, but I think this is just Sissi OverPutinisating. Plus Mistrals would be of limited use for Egypt in shore operations. But basically there's better to do with 2 billions than spending them in dead capital. But Russian sales wohooo

Post  Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:02 pm

"Russia may supply to Egypt up to 80 Kamov Ka-52 Alligator [NATO reporting name: Hokum B] attack helicopters and Ka-52K Katran (navalized derivative of Ka-52) helicopters designed for Mistral helicopter carriers, a source in the system of Russia’s military technical cooperation with other countries told TASS Tuesday. The source said that after a contract with France for Mistrals, Egypt is assessing the number of Russian helicopters that may be supplied for these vessels. "In addition to 50 Ka-52 Alligator attack helicopters, the contract for which has already been signed, the Egyptian side plans to acquire, in order to equip Mistrals, Ka-52K Katran naval helicopters and is now making up its mind about their number," the source said.
    Mistral News thread - Page 39 Ka-52K

"It is not ruled out that the Egyptian side will decide to deploy 16 Ka-52K helicopters at each of its ships, then the volume of the planned order will grow to 32 items, and the overall amount of Ka-52 type helicopters for Egypt will reach 70-80 items," he said. The source said the Russian-Egyptian contract for Ka-52K ship-based helicopters may be signed in the first quarter of 2016."

Not actual Mistral news but strong connection here Smile. So this would bring KA52 orders for Egypt to...82 right?

Source: http://tass.ru/en/defense/830287
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:35 pm

This Mistral business is turning into real a 'Law of Unintended Consequences' classic. The last thing the US must have wanted when pressurising the French (remember the $B warning fine on the French bank) to cancel the Russian delivery was to have Russian military orders, especially attack helicopters, to be boosted.

Also re the comments above, my understanding is that it is not the Egyptians that are finding the money for the two ships but the Saudi's or other Gulf money this paying for the ships either direct of via loans. Kind of increasing the Saudi Navy with Egyptian mercenaries would be a cynical way of looking at it.

Post  Guest Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:13 pm

"The first round of talks between Russia and Egypt over the supply of equipment from the universal landing ship Mistral has ended, a source in the defense cooperation community reported. "The first round of talks ended last week. Thus far it’s just an exchange of opinions, but our Egyptian partners are interested in some subsystems," the source said. The issue of equipment delivery will be resolved only following the settlement of all the problems related to the sale to Egypt of the Ka-52K helicopters, a ship-based version of the reconnaissance and combat Ka-52 Alligator helicopter, developed for the Mistrals. An official of the United Instrument Manufacturing Corporation /UIMC, incorporated by Rostec State Corporation/, the developer of equipment for the Mistrals built for Russia, noted that Egypt in no case will be able to get all of the Russian equipment for the helicopter carriers for security reasons. Nonetheless, he said with confidence "we’ve got what to offer to our partners."

Mistral News thread - Page 39 MISTRAL_LHD_Egypt_Navy_STX_DCNS

The Russian communications and control systems have been dismantled from the Mistral helicopter carriers and are ready for shipment to Russia. "All the Russian equipment has been removed from the helicopter carriers and is prepared for shipment to Russia," a source in the defense industry said. A contract to supply Egypt with two Mistrals that have been built for the Russian Navy was signed on October 10. The ships are expected to be delivered to the new customer in 2016 together with the landing craft. Previously, Sergey Ivanov, Chief of Staff of the Presidential Executive Office, reported that Russia plans to supply Egypt with equipment and helicopters for the Mistrals, under a deal that may exceed a billion dollars. According to the source in the defense cooperation community, Egypt intends to acquire Ka-52K helicopters developed for Mistrals and now mulls the number it needs. Rosoboronexport declared that to date the defense products exporter has not received official requests from Cairo.

Since late September France has been dismantling the Russian-made equipment from the Mistrals. The DCNS Company, the builder of the ships, planned to complete work by the end of 2015. In early October the first lot of Russian equipment was dismantled from the helicopter carriers and shipped to Russia."

Source: http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3205

Post  Guest Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:22 pm

Mistral News thread - Page 39 ChNhYVtW4AADmqz

Mistral News thread - Page 39 ChNgrDlWgAA7vYj

Mistral News thread - Page 39 ChNgrN2WUAAphnw

New ship insignia, featuring what looks like Apache Very Happy
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:53 pm

put it in egyptian navy thread. Its not in russian navy any more..

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:23 pm